The Alphas Secret Wolf

By princess_anabel

Evangeline has never had a perfect life. At the age of five she lost her mother. Since then her father has be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Authors Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Authors note
Authors not

Chapter 30

36.1K 1K 177
By princess_anabel

(Eva's POV)

I walked into my room and I didn't know what to do with myself. So I paced and tried to calm down. My hands were shaking, my throat felt tight, and I could feel my eyes stinging from the Unshed tears.

I wanted to cry but I knew I wouldn't give Braxton the satisfaction anymore. So I held it all in.

After a few deep breaths I decided to sit by the window. One benefit of having this room was that I had a sitting place next to the window. So I did just that. I sat down and leaned my head against the window and watched as the pups played around with their siblings.

Looking back on my life only a few weeks ago, I regret forcing out this secret from my dad. My life was simple. I went to school in the morning, had lunch with my brothers, head off to work, and then come home to my non m-existing mate, and non-existing pack.

I closed my eyes and let the sounds of laughter from the pups surround me. It made me think of Nate, Danny, Alex and I. How we would always be together when we were free, the laughs we shared, the food fights in the kitchen, and to us sitting outside by the fireplace.

I really wish I could take it all back.

I heard footsteps coming closer to my door and I knew it was Nate. I didn't bother turning around when he opened the door. I didn't want to talk about Braxton so I did what I always do, relive a memory.

"Do you remember that time when Danny was having a bad day because he failed his mid term and we were all trying to cheer him up. So we baked a cake but Alex burned it because he forgot it was in the oven. And you tried to save it by putting frosting on it but it was like a big rock of coal? So Alex covered it in chocolate bars hoping he didn't taste it but he ended up getting diarrhea because the chocolate was old and nasty?"

I heard him get closer and felt the seat in front of me dip. I still had my eyes closed but I knew he was looking at me.

"Yea. Danny wanted to kill us but couldn't because he knew we did our best. You were so mad though. You wanted everything to be perfect." I could hear the smile in Nate's voice but it didn't make me smile like how it used to.

"And yet it wasn't perfect." I sighed and opened my eyes to see a tired and frustrated looking Nate.

"No, but that doesn't mean it didn't make things better. We burned the cake, tried to cover it up, ended up giving Danny food poisoning, and we had to get a lecture from dad about being careful. But it was worth it Eva. Danny laughed at our poor attempt Of a cake and he felt way better than he did before. Not everything in life is meant to be perfect, because nothing in life is ever perfect. We all have to get through the rain, to see the rainbow. "

I looked up at Nate and I just wanted to cry. I wanted to tell him everything. I wanted to tell him to give up the Alpha tittle so we could all go back to our lives. To have our family again. But I knew I couldn't do that.

Danny and Alex finally found their Mates and they were happy. Nate couldn't just leave like our father he has a responsibility to this pack.

Nate reached out and tucked the hair from my face behind my ear.

"Eva? What are you thinking about?"

"I..... Nate... I don't know. This just... isn't the life I pictured you know? "

"Yea me either. But things happen for a reason right?"

"Yea I guess. I don't know. I wish mom were here, she'd know what to do." I looked out the window and saw a group of pups run to their moms.

"She's always with us Eva. Just follow your heart. You'll know what to do."

"But my heart and mind don't seem to agree. My heart tells me not to go through with the separation spell, but the logical side of me is saying it needs to be done. How can I follow something if I'm still lost?"

"Only you know the answer Eva. Look, training is still going on and I need to be out there. You're excused for today but I want you here tomorrow. Braxton is going to be there but I need you to focus. If you plan on fighting in the field then I need to know you can handle yourself."

I nodded my head at him and turned back to the window. I saw something in the tree line move and I knew who it was. It was that rogue. We were starring at each other and she looked so scared. I put my hand on the window and she ran away.

"Eva? What is it?" Nate came to the window and was searching the tree lines as well.

"I thought.... Never mind. It's nothing."

I sat back down and stared at the spot where the rogue stood.

"Are you sure? " he asked.

"Positive." I answered that a little to quickly and I knew I messed up.

Nate raised an eyebrow at me and I just looked away. I didn't want to lie to my brother but if he saw the rogue then I don't know what he'd do. Since he knew mom was killed by a rogue he set a rule out saying if any rogue trespasses that it is to be killed immediately.

"Ok. Well I'll see you tomorrow Eva."

He walked to my door, took one last look at me and left.

I sat at the window and procrastinated. I couldn't stop thinking about the rogue. She looked so scared, yet she didn't want to talk.

Maybe she heard about Nate's rule and was to scared to step forward. She looked dirty, and kind of wild. Maybe she lost her humanity side and can shift back.

Hours passed and I was still thinking about the rogue. I wanted to help her but there was really no way of doing that without getting caught.

I was broken from my train of thought when Alex divided to invade my mind.

"Eva, dinner"

"Coming."

I took one last look at the empty spot of the unknown wolf and walked down stairs. Everyone in the pack eats in the main dinning room, and we eat in the more private dinning room for all three ranks and their families.

So that was basically Danny, Destiny, Alex, Athena, Dad, Nate, and me. There were extra chairs incase we had visitors from other packs come and join us for dinner.

When I walked into the room the one and only Braxton was there. He, Jeremy, and James sat at the dinning table. This is going to be awkward.

I walked in and pretended they weren't there. Well, not James. He didn't hurt me. And neither did Jeremy. So I was basically ignoring Braxton.

I could feel all eyes on me as I sat between my father and Danny.

"So guys, what's for dinner?" I looked around the table and I swear the tension was thick.

"Uhhh Maggie prepared some spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, and for desert some ice cream cake." Alex said looking between Braxton and I. Who sat in front of me.

"Well, let's eat Shall we?" With that everyone besides me talked. Everyone was laughing and I was enjoying myself to tell you the truth.

"Psttt Eva" I turned to see Athena looking kind of nervous.

"Athena?"

"Oh yea the mind link I forget about it sometimes."

"Same here. What's up?"

"Look, I'm really sorry about early today. You know, in the kitchen and stuff. It really didn't come out how I wanted it to."

"Athena, relax. I'm okay. You're okay. We are okay. It's true what you said. I did get rejected but that's okay. I knew you meant no harm."

"Really? You mean it?!"

"Of course Athena. You are Alex's Mate I can't hate you forever now can I ?" I laughed to let her know I was only kidding about the hate part.

Her whole body relaxed and she nodded her head at me. Alex noticed and looked confused.

"Uhhhh am I missing something?"

"Nope." Athena and I both said.

He looked between both of us and narrowed his eyes at me. Jerk.

"Uh huh. Stay away from my mate Eve!" Alex said throwing a small tomato at me from his salad.

"Oh yea? Hey Athena sleep over in my room?!" I said throwing a sly smile at Alex.

"Hey! No fair I want to come!" Destiny said putting a hand over her heart and faking hurt. Nicely played.

"What? No way!" Danny said putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Shhhhhh! I was talking to Eva." Destiny said shoving both her hands on Danny's fat face. He growled at that but she just rolled her eyes.

"Sure. You can come too Destiny!" I said making sure the boys knew exactly what I was doing.

"Ehhhhhhhhhk!!!!" Destiny and Athena squealed making me cringe a little.

"Really Eve!?" The boys both yelled throwing their hands in the air.

"Enough with the yelling everyone. It is settled. The girls will have a sleep over and you boys with just have to deal with it." My father said wiping his face with his napkin.

"Last time I checked you weren't in charge anymore."'Alex said. Nate and I knew Danny and Alex weren't really dads biggest fan. Feeling abandoned and all.

My father stood up and growled. Alex and Danny did the same. Danny joined for two reasons. 1) he felt the same way. And 2) because that was his twin. If you fight with Alex you're fighting with Danny as well. And vise versa.

"Would you like to repeat that Alexander?" My father said.

"I'm pretty sure you heard me, dad." Alex said dad with such venom I'm pretty sure everyone felt that sting.

"Why is it that you have such a problem with me? I understand I haven't been there but you've gotten everything you needed, and wanted. Your life was not hard yet you still resent me. Humor me as to why?"

"I'm not a materialistic person dad. I could've gone my whole life without all those things but a father would've been nice to have around. But no. You were just too good for us. Were you out screwing someone else? Is that why you never mentioned mom, or were ever around? " Alex growled out.

I knew this was going to get nasty so I jumped up and stood between the two of them.

"Evangeline, move." I shook my head at my dad and he, Alex and Danny shifted. I was grabbed from behind. Tingles ran up my spine and I knew it was Braxton he shielded me with his body in a protective way.

"ENOUGH! Alex, Danny, go run the perimeter and cool off. Don't come back until you both have calmed down. Dad, I won't tell you where to go but you need to cool off as well. I won't have you three ruin tonight with a pointless argument."

They all stayed put and no one dared to move.

"Dammit. Danny, Alex I mean now! MOVE!" Nate screamed and they bowed their head and ran to the perimeter. My fathers eyes changed and I knew he was in control again.

Jeremy threw him some sweats and I closed my eyes. I heard him shift back and when I looked at him he looked tired. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed heavily.

"I did the best I could with you four. I will not apologize for being absent. The only thing I am sorry for is not being there for your mother. Other then that, I'm not sorry. You all may be hurt for my absence as a parent but I suffered more than any of you will ever know." With that he walked out the front door and Braxton stood up straight.

"Uhhh Eva?" I turned around and Destiny and Athena were there looking worried. I knew what they wanted and I smiled at them both.

"Go. We can always reschedule." They nodded their heads and ran after their mates.

I turned around but ran into Braxton. I didn't bother looking up at him and just walked around him.

"My honest apologies James, Alpha Braxton, and Beta Jeremy. This is not how I planned this evening to turn out to be. But as always you may join us any other night"

James raised his hand and shook his head.

"It's fine Alpha Nathaniel. Today has been..... Eventful. We'll take you up on that offer. But we should be heading out now."

"Very well. My guards with escort you to the perimeter."

I looked at James and Jeremy who nodded at me and they walked out.

Braxton nodded at Nate and I turned my head making sure he knew I wasn't looking at him. He just stood there and starred for a couple of seconds and walked to the front door.

When he turned around to look at me, I don't know why but I looked up to meet his eyes. I saw two things in them.

Anger, and fear. I looked away and he walked out the front door.

I turned to my brother who sat at the table with his head in his hands.

I sat next to him and threw my arm around his shoulders. Well tried anyways, he was taller than me so it was kind of hard to reach.

"So.... You like being Alpha yet?" He threw his head back and laughed.

"You are something else You know that? But I love this job. Sorry about Braxton being here. James and dad have been catching up and he invited them over last minute."

I shook my head and smiled at him.

"It's fine, I really didn't mind him being here. It helps Rosie feel better knowing he's close by."

"So you really want to go through with the spell?"

I was shocked that he brought that up. I kind of forgot about it myself.

"Yea... It has to be done you know?"

"No, I don't know." Nate said straightening up.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Nate, please don't start again. You know why I have to do this." I said looking up at him. But he still looked angry.

"No I don't. Because I don't have mate! You sit here and complain about your mate at least you have one!" He said standing up from his chair.

And that's when it hit me. Nate's mad he doesn't have a mate. So I got up and hugged my brother from behind.

"Your mate is going to come any day now. Wait on it. She'll be amazing and everything. You just wait."

I felt him relax and turn around in my hug. So now my face was on his stomach.

"I know. I'm sorry Eva. I didn't mean to snap at you." He whispered.

"No worries buttercup. But I'm going to bed. Tell everyone I said goodnight."

"Will do. Goodnight Eva."

"Goodnight Alpha."

I heard him growl and I laughed as I walked up the stairs.

I decided to take a shower. So that's exactly what I did. I got out, brushed my teeth, put on lotion and threw on my night gown. I laid down and drifted off to sleep.

I was almost fully asleep when a crashing noise woke me up. I turned and saw my window was crashed. Rosie took over automatically and growled. She saw no one in the room but she did see a rock with a note attached.

She picked up the Rock and opened the note.

"My beautiful Evangeline, I have waited my whole life for a wolf like you. Enjoy the time you have now because when the time comes You will be mine forever. See you soon princess. -Unknown."

I took control and looked out the window. There was a shadow by the tree. He held a rose. He went to smell it and then snapped it in half. He shifted and then he was gone.

I put my back against the wall, slid down and re-read the note the rest of the night. Someone's after me. If I thought my life was hard now, it just got worse.

___________________________

       Lol first off Merry Late Christmas my beauties!!! I hope you all had a great time with your family, and if you spent it alone you're still amazing and I care for you! 🎁🎄👑❤️

          Secondly, Don't forget to Vote and comment! I'm sorry this chapter is late but enjoy!!! 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
220K 6K 25
Evangeline Parks was many things. Werewolf, daughter, future alpha of the Blue Moon Pack. But, a mate is something Evangeline is not. So what happens...
41.6K 1.9K 40
{COMPLETED} Evangeline lost her sight just before high school graduation. Still adjusting to her disability, her life continues to take a turn for th...
1.8M 81.1K 47
At 19, life has given Aislinn Nox many things, most of them she never wanted. Like dead parents at the age of six. Scars. A slaughtered pack. Night...