The Rebel.

By WingsofAnAngelx

Nova West, a girl who's bad at making friends, decides to opt it off and become a loner. She's an insecure gi... More

Introduction...x
1 - Once Upon a Time...
2- Damned Brick Walls...
3- One friend. Just One.
4- Hanna.
5- Hooray For Weekends!
6- P.A.R.T.Y.
7- Oh, Brother.
9- A Day with Derek. Part 1
10- A Day with Derek, Part 2
11- Yep, Going to Get My Eyes Scratched Out.
12- Alpha.
13- The woods isn't a place for a rebel.
14- Keeping Quiet.
15- Is This a Date?
16- Chaos.
17- Where the hell is Nova?
18- Daddy.
19- The Truth Won't Set Me Free.
20- Home Sweet Home.
21- Back to Reality.
22- I Can Kiss Normal Goodbye.
23- Another West in the Woods...
24- Noah.
25- Vengance.
26- Goodbye.
27- The Calm Before the Storm.
28- First Hunt.
29- I can't stay mad at you forever.
30- Stay Alive.
31- Blackness.
32- Somebody Resue Me.
33- Nothing to Lose.
Happy Ever After?

8- Rebel.

5.8K 157 19
By WingsofAnAngelx

A/N So I'm not really sure why but wattpad keeps unbolding, and un-italicizing everything I upload. Sorry if that makes the inner voice conversations confusing, I'm working on fixing it.

Also excuse any careless grammar mistakes, I'm not the best editor in the world.

With that said, Enjoy xx

Chapter 8

Derek’s P.O.V.

After talking to Nick yesterday, I felt a million times better. He actually made a lot of sense, and that’s part of the reason I came to him. The other reason is he is my alpha, and before I do anything involving the safety of our pack I had to consult him. Our pack shouldn’t even count as a pack; seeing as how it was just Nick and me. But it was a pack nonetheless.

To my surprise, he wasn’t worried about Amber, because even though Nick knew all too well what her father was capable of, he knew that Nick had done nothing wrong this time, he wasn’t dating a hunter’s daughter anymore. We weren’t a threat to them any longer.

“I’m doing it as a favor for a colleague of my fathers.” Her sick words played in my head. Who the hell could it be that wanted to hurt Nova? I racked my brain, coming up with no answer; I definitely had to get to know Nova. There had to be a hint in there somewhere!

But right now, I found it extremely challenging to focus on my problems; I was too overjoyed, because I didn’t have to hurt Nova. I was actually so consumed with thoughts of her that I consulted Nick about this too. When I told him how little I knew about her, but how much I already cared, he looked at me, shocked.

“I don’t know man; maybe you’ve just got a huge crush on her.” He said, but he looked like he knew more than he was letting on. I had a feeling Nick wasn’t telling me everything. But I shrugged it off. For now at least…

A crush? Please, if this was a crush I would have just slept with her and continued my life, like every other “crush.” This was something more; I just wish I knew what. I smiled as I remembered kissing her at the party, I mean sure, it was totally because she was drunk. But that didn’t mean I was going to forget how amazing her lips felt on mine.

I did know one thing. I knew that I’m talking to Nova today, and I’m going to become more than a stranger that she almost drunkenly slept with. I was walking out towards my car, determined to go to school and see Nova.

And that’s when I heard it.

A piercing scream, But not just any piercing scream, it was a scream that made my skin crawl, and I felt myself losing control as I started to shift and run towards it.

It was her scream.

It was Nova.

Something was wrong, and it was bad.

---

Nova’s P.O.V.

I stood there, in the doorway of my brother’s room, frozen in fear and shock.

I didn’t know what to do, Noah lay there, lifeless. He was covered in blood and deep claw marks. No person could have done this to him. Something inhuman did this, and they made him suffer. How did I not see this? We were watching movies last night, he was fine! He wasn’t hurt or anything. Then it hit me.

It was my fault.

How did I not hear his screams? He was bound to have screamed. How could he have not? I took a step towards his body. I shuddered as I looked at it.

“I’m…so sorry Noah.” I barely even whispered as tears welled up in my eyes. “It’s all my fault, it’s all my fault. I should’ve heard you, helped you!” The tears flowed freely down my cheeks as I cried over my brother. I knew I should probably call 911, and let the EMTs take his body. But I couldn’t. For what felt like forever I cried over my brother, guilt ridden, and full of complete and udder shock and sorrow.

The next thing that happened I really didn’t see coming.

I heard laughing.

Wait. What?

“You fell for it!” Noah cackled as he jumped up, pointing at my tearful face. “I can’t believe you actually fell for this!” He doubled over in laughter.

I stood there, shock clearly written all over my face. He faked it? I’ve never been so scared in my life, and Noah was just playing a joke? I stood there for a minute, frozen. And then,

That was it.

“NOAH! FOR GODS SAKE THAT WAS NOT FUNNY! I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT SOMETHING TERRIBLE HAD HAPPENED!” I was seeing red with anger. I know it was just a silly prank, but I couldn’t help but be furious. I thought my brother had been brutally murdered!

Seeing how upset I was, Noah tried to tone down his laughter. “I’m sorry Nove. But you should’ve seen your face!” He said, busting out laughing again.

I still wasn’t laughing; in fact, I was going to give Noah a hard time about this. Without a word, I walked out the door.

“Come on Nova! Come back!” Noah said, following me. He was still covered in fake blood and claw marks as he chased after me.

I ignored him, and continued my pursuit out the door.

“At least let me take you to school!” He offered, sounding guilty.

“Bite me.” I said without looking at him. I continued walking to school; it was the best way to vent out my anger.

Could I really be so gullible that I actually though some rabid animal came in the middle of the night, tore Noah to pieces, and no one seriously heard? I’m such an idiot!

Damn right you are! My inner voice mocked.

Great, I wasn’t going to be able to calm down anytime soon. I continued my walk, well, my stomping off to school. It only was a 10 minute drive by car, so how long could it take by foot?

I was still a little jumpy from Noah’s stunt this morning, and I hadn’t noticed the sound of footsteps behind me. I grunted, it was probably Noah anyway.

“Look Noah, I’m still severely pissed at what you did. It’s best that you fuck off and leave me alone right now, if you know what’s good for you.” I said through my gritted teeth.

I heard a sexy chuckle behind me, followed by, “Well, I’m glad I’m not Noah then.”

I turned around, “Derek? Since when do you walk to school?”

“Since I felt like it.” He answered.

Wow. He was so informative. Sarcasm.

That’s when I remembered, I probably looked like total and complete crap seeing as how I had just cried over Noah’s prank, so I blushed and turned back around, continuing my walk while shielding my face from Derek.

Unfortunately, I didn’t turn around in time for him not to notice, “Damn, Little Nova, what the hell happened to your face?” he asked.

“For the last time, don’t call me little, and it’s actually none of your business, Derek. I barely know you! I don’t have to tell you my personal life.” I wouldn’t usually be so angry towards Derek, especially when he always looked to sexy and intimidating, but I was beyond angry. I would probably steal a candy from a baby and not feel the least bit guilty. I could even punch an elderly person, and then laugh afterwards! Yeah, I was that pissed. I continued my walk to school, hoping he would give up on talking to me.

I got so lost in my devious plans of candy-stealing that it took me a few seconds to register that Derek was still talking to me, which to be honest; I didn’t understand why he bothered. I wasn’t special. I wasn’t some bimbo that he usually humped and dumped. I’ve only been here for a month and I’ve seen enough around school to know that. But yet here he was, talking to me, almost like he cared.

“Alright then, you don’t have to tell me who messed up that pretty little face of yours, Nova. But you can’t go to school looking like hell. You’ll be a target for Amber’s antics.” Derek said, putting emphasis on the fact he didn’t say ‘little’ in front of my name.

“Yeah, well why do you care what Amber does and doesn’t do to me?” I huffed. Seriously though, why did he care?

“I don’t.” he said. Huh, so much for caring then.

But that just raised another question out of me, “Then why are you telling me all of this?” I quizzed.

“What is this, twenty questions?” He asked, evading my question, and moving away from me. How did I not notice he was so close? “Look, I was just worried because you were seen going home with me this weekend. And I don’t want a bunch of bullshit rumors spreading around because you came to school looking like hell, and it somehow being my fault. That’s. All.” The worlds flew out of his mouth and for a split second I saw regret flash across his eyes;

Nevertheless, his words had hurt. Because for some reason I was starting to think that maybe the crush I had on Derek wasn’t just one-sided, and that he actually might feel a little attraction towards me. All of this was cleared up with his previous statement. I don’t like being talked to rudely, even when it was by Derek. God, he was just so damn sexy! He was wearing a tight black shirt that showed his muscles through, and dark jeans that made him look ever so deli- Stop Nova! He is a jerk. He just openly admitted that he didn’t give a damn about you. Come on, witty remark in 3, 2-

“Look Derek, I could actually care less about your reputation. Okay? I don’t care what I said to you when I was drunk. I didn’t mean any of it. Why don’t you just walk along and leave me alone? In fact, why don’t you leave me alone and never speak to me again?” Ha! Sticking it to the man! I said as I walked a quicker pace ahead of him.  

But he matched my quickened pace with ease. “Nova, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean what I said back there. Just let me-”

I didn’t let him finished, because I walked even faster to get away from him. But he matched my pace again, with ease, and grabbed my arm, forcing me to look at him.

“Let me make it up to you.” He looked me in the eyes and I swear I felt my body pull towards him. He was just so good looking. And His eyes, they were so inviting. But I had to stay strong!

“Why should I, Derek? You’ve made yourself clear.” I stated. It was getting hard to resist him when he was touching me; it felt like electricity was shooting through his hand and into my arm.

“Because, Nova, you already agreed to hang out with me some other time. Remember?” he smirked, knowing that he’s won this argument.

I sighed, because I did remember. “I never said that it was going to be now. Besides,” I motioned towards the school not 30 feet away, “We have school.”

If it was even possible, his smirk grew even wider. “Skip school Nova. Be a badass for once in your life! Hell, your shirt even says ‘Rebel’! Live up to it.” he urged.

A badass? Me? No, I was just a loser, who happened to have a huge crush on the boy standing in front of me, asking me to hang out.

Why was I saying no again?

I couldn’t remember, because I was lost in his eyes.

I had to cave, just this once. I bit my lip, “Okay…but you’re taking the blame when we get caught!”

“We’re not going to get caught, my little badass.” He smirked, grabbed my arm, and pulled me in the other direction. We were going to have to work on him calling me little, I didn’t care how short I actually was.

-----

A/N

I couldn't kill Noah off so early in the story! That would be so irrational. he he he!

What do you think of Derek and how he's being Nancy Drew with who wants Nova hurt?

Where do you think Derek is going to take Nova on their day of playing hookie?

Song: Avenged Sevenfold - Walk

COMMENT

VOTE

ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY

SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

love-

WingsOfAnAngelx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 2.1K 67
"Why can't we be together?" "Because then i'll have to kill you." - Cassie lived with her big sister Ariene, She never really knew her parents, Cassi...
761K 17.4K 48
MATURE CONTENT: some may say a smut overload EDITING/REWRITING One night. A night filled with passion and longing. The annual ball has finally come...
251K 3.9K 48
Terra ran away from her pack six months ago and joined up with a group of rogue she-wolves. They all get along like they're sisters, but each has a s...