Deal With It

Von Aysha07

Tyler Lawson. The hottie in town. The "bad boy". My best friend's brother. The guy I absolutely despised. Eve... Mehr

Deal With It
introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
epilogue
author's note

fifty three

2.3K 82 0
Von Aysha07

Chapter 53

I was sat on the front porch, arms hugging my legs as I rested my chin on my knees. The sky was pitch black even though it hadn't even touched upon 7pm yet, and it was absolutely freezing. On my head was a black beanie that I pulled further down when the cold wind blew past my ears. I was waiting for Daniel.

I heard the front door close behind me. "Here you go," he said, passing me a mug of hot chocolate. I quietly took it as he sat beside me, sipping on his own. "So, what's up?"

I stared at my fingers that were wrapped around the mug, slowly feeling myself warm up. "Do you consider me to be your friend?" I asked, glancing up at him. He almost choked on his drink, looking utterly bewildered.

"Of course! You still have to ask after all this time?" He sounded upset.

"A week ago, I wouldn't have. Now I'm not so sure."

He remained silent while he figured out what happened one week ago. "A week ago was the wedding. Is this because I didn't make it to the aisle and you had to go with that jerk? Because I swear—"

"It isn't that," I turned to face him. "Look, Daniel, you have been such a good friend to me over the last year and a half. You supported me through a lot and helped me realise what I want in life. I just want to know if our friendship was based on a lie."

For a moment, I felt as though he knew what I was talking about but in an instant, that sweet, innocent face was back. I wasn't sure what to believe. "I have no idea what you're saying," he stood up, not facing me. I followed. "If— if by lie you mean because I've hidden the fact that I love you, then yes. Otherwise no."

"What? Love me? Are you feeling alright?" I was shocked. Sure, we had become very close over time but I would never have expected something like this. It was too strong of a word. How did he even get to that point?

He scoffed, turning to look at me. "You must be blind to not have noticed, Arissa. Bloody hell."

"Daniel, don't joke with me. This is serious–"

"I am serious! God, why would you think this is a joke?"

"Because we're friends! We were only ever meant to be friends!" I shouted.

"Oh, really? And who made up that rule because they certainly never told me!" He yelled back, raising his voice to match mine.

"No, this is all wrong. You know how I feel about Tyler," I tried to regain my cool so that he would, too.

"Tyler, Tyler, Tyler! Why won't you get over him? He left you! He left you crying on the corner of the street in the pouring rain and he never came back. When he did, it was with a girlfriend. Then he tried to ruin the day you worked so hard for, and you're still hung up over him? I understand you must have felt wonderful because 'the one who could not be tamed', you tamed. But that doesn't mean it'll last forever. He moved on while you're clinging on to the past."

"That isn't true. We love each other. We're back together, Daniel."

"Oh, I know you love him. But does he love you?" He said, continuing to go on and on. I decided I'd just have to talk over him if I wanted to get a word in the conversation.

"You're not listening to what I said! Tyler and I are back together!"

"What?" He suddenly said, stopping his massive rant. "Back together?" He stepped closer, and I could sense a wave of hostility overcoming him. "How? When? Why didn't I know about this?"

"At the reception. I didn't tell you because I needed time to think. Now I have an important question to ask you and I only want the truth. Please. Were you the one who told Tyler about the kiss we shared?" I didn't feel like beating around the bush any longer. All I wanted was answers and I hoped Daniel would give them to me. My problem was less that he possibly told and more that he acted as my friend for so long, stringing me along like a complete fool.

He gulped, staring at me. "Is there a possibility of us ever being together, as a couple?"

"No, I'm sorry," I looked him straight in the eyes. "I can't imagine being with anyone other than Tyler."

He looked down, nodding in acceptance. The tension in the air was unbearably thick. I could almost feel how hurt he was. "Yes, I told him," he finally admitted. Even though, deep down, I knew that already, I was praying he would have said otherwise. I wanted him to tell me that he hadn't taken advantage of my emotional state all those months ago just to get closer to me. "And I'm also sorry because I can't bear to see you around him all the time," he walked towards me. My eyes shut as he leaned in and softly kissed my cheek, his lips lingering there for a moment too long. "Goodbye, Arissa. I truly hope he keeps you happy."

I let out a deep breath, opening my eyes. "You can't just do that!" I burst out as he walked back to his house. "You can't drop that bombshell and expect me to walk away quietly!" I turned around. His hand was on the door handle and he didn't look back. "Why did you lie? I was supposed to tell him. You ruined everything and allowed me to blame Jason just so you could be the shoulder I leaned on. Did you hate me so much that you destroyed the best thing I had in my life?"

"I hated Tyler, not you. He didn't appreciate you, Arissa." All the while he spoke, he faced the other way. "You were kidnapped and assaulted by a lunatic due to your association with him and he couldn't forgive a kiss? A man like that doesn't deserve you and never will." He swiftly opened the door and slipped inside, leaving me outside with my heap of emotions.

-

"You don't like him, do you?" Heidi warily asked me.

My eyes widened at her even thinking that and I furiously shook my head. "No! I definitely don't. I'm just upset, you know? 1 and a half years isn't a small amount of time. I can't believe I never saw through him."

"I don't want to say this, but," she began, "maybe there was nothing to see through? What I mean to say is, maybe he truly loves you."

"Heidi, stop. I can't," I held up my hands, "I just can't afford to think like that when the only person I love is—"

"Me, I hope?" A voice interrupted us. Tyler walked into my room with a bag full of goodies. We planned on having movie night tonight but I didn't know if I was up for it anymore. He dropped the bag on my bed and leaned down to press his lips against mine. His kisses felt so much more heated and hungry now, like he was channelling all the world's passion into loving me, and I couldn't blame him because I knew mine must have felt more eager too.

"I'm still here in case you didn't notice," Heidi raised her hand. Tyler pulled away, rolling his eyes as I cheekily smiled.

"Trust me, I noticed," he groaned. I reached out for his hand and shuffled along my bed to make room for him. Once he was seated, his hand went straight for the bag and he pulled out a large packet of sweet popcorn, tearing it open before stuffing a handful into his mouth.

"Excuse me," Heidi snatched it from him, "stop being such a greedy pig or we'll have nothing left for the film!"

He raised a brow, "we?"

"Yep," she grinned. "Ari invited me and Alec along. Don't have a problem, do you?"

"Of course not!" He exclaimed sarcastically, giving me a disapproving sidelong glance. "Who needs the chill when you have the Netflix?"

"Please, don't go any further than that," she made a disgusted face.

"Anyway— how did it go with Daniel?" He asked. I was nervous again, the happiness I felt when the topic changed earlier quickly disappearing.

Heidi jumped up from the bed, walking slowly towards the door. "I need to use the loo, you two talk," she smiled, her attempt to be unsuspicious completely failing.

Tyler furrowed his brow, whipping his head towards me again. "What the hell was that?"

"Um, so, I'll just get straight to the point and tell you that Daniel said he loves me," I quickly said, then pressed my lips together.

"He did what now?" He got up from the bed, looking like he was ready to charge out of the room. "What did you say?"

"I told him the truth— that I only love you and I only ever will," I replied firmly. "Honestly, don't even think about it," I slid across the bed and stood up too, taking his hands into my own. "It was either you or him and I made it clear who I chose. It's over now and I'd really like to just move on," I admitted, looking into his eyes and praying he would understand. Eighteen months ago, he would have never agreed. Would he today?

He took a deep breath and nodded, saying, "I'd really like that, too." A huge smile appeared on my face and I leapt up to hug him, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. He squeezed me and left a soft kiss on my cheek, beaming.

"I think this is a moment that needs to be captured," I said, grinning from ear to ear. He shot me a confused look and I raced over to my cupboard, opening it to take out a certain box. I placed it on the bed and lifted the lid, with Tyler peering over my shoulder even though he knew exactly what it was. He had immediately recognised it. I took out the beautiful Polaroid camera and held it up. "Ready?"

"How about I take this one?" He asked whilst taking the camera out of my hand. He snaked his arm around my waist and we posed with goofy faces when, just before the click, he kissed me. I expected myself to look like a weirdo overcome with surprise but the image came out perfect. "I didn't expect you to still have this," he said, opening the scrapbook and flicking through the pages. Honestly, I hadn't added much because it didn't feel right with Tyler not around. Some nights I would just look through it to reminisce about the good times and beat myself up over how I turned them bad. It made me beyond happy to know I wouldn't have to do that anymore and the pages would, once again, become filled with colour and beautiful memories.

"Of course I would," I stood next to him, stroking my hand across his back as I rested my head on his shoulder. "It's the most precious thing you've given me, it isn't going anywhere."

"Well," he stretched out the word, putting the book down, "maybe that could change? Maybe both those things could change?" He turned to face me and held my hands in his.

I furrowed my brow, giving a nervous laugh. "I don't understand. What could change?"

"Maybe," he spoke softly, making sure to emphasise that word, "I could give you another precious gift which meant this book had to... go somewhere."

"Tyler, you're making me nervous," I bit my lip. "If you pr—" Before I could finish, he whipped out a square black box from his jacket. I felt my breath get caught in my throat. It couldn't be. I didn't feel ready for something so big. "Tyler, that can't be a—"

"Shh," he whispered, grinning wildly. He lifted back the lid and I could have sworn I winced as he did it. But inside was a shiny key, not a ring like I had presumed. "Do you like the ring?" He burst out laughing. My mouth fell open when he did that.

"You did that on purpose! I was on the verge of a heart attack!"

Still laughing, he said, "okay, okay, I admit the whole box thing was a joke to see how you'd react. Let me tell you, it was great. Does the idea of marrying me horrify you that much? I'm wounded," he wiped away non existent tears.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes, unable to resist the smile that made its way to my face. "I was just taken by surprise and it felt like such a huge thing and I wasn't sure if I was ready—"

His hand flew over my mouth. "I understand," he whispered, nodding. "But relax, baby girl, it's not a ring. It's a key to my apartment, now our apartment." He took a deep breath. "It's something that should have happened a long time ago but better late than never, right? I want you to move to London with me. I know you're beginning your career so I won't force you, ever, but there is more opportunity there. Valerie has already found a new roommate so it will just be me and you. We've gone through anything and everything that could tear us apart but we're still here, inseparable. Arissa Noels, will you move in with me?"

"Yes! A million times, yes!" I picked up the key and jumped into his arms, holding tight as he spun me around.

He set me back down and his hand rummaged through his pocket as he said, "fantastic. Now if you could just say that for the ring, too—"

"What?"

"Just kidding," he clicked his fingers at me. "Ah, I'll never get tired of doing this."

I shook my head, knowing I would never get used to his antics. "Just kiss me, you idiot."

-

Aaaaaaaaaaand, we are done! 🤗 I thought I would keep this final chapter short and sweet. No twists, turns or extravagant endings. Although there is a little something that has yet to come...

Who thought he was going to propose? Hope I didn't break any hearts 😝

I do, however, have a little treat. An epilogue! (I mean, I hope you class that as a treat?) Hopefully it will be up in a few days time as I do have University work and other bits and bobs to do, but I also don't want to rush it because it makes me sad that my first book on Wattpad is coming to an end!

Love you lots x

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

6.3M 229K 21
She didn't fall, she was pushed. Let me explain more, yeah? She was pushed, by her best friends, into a guy- but not just any guy. Cyrus Angelo, the...
3.1K 57 24
"What are you trying to say?" I asked, looking over at him. A small smile playing on my lips. "I'm trying to say that you are perfect the way you are...
2K 228 23
Avery Turner is meant for perfection. Perfection in this case, is very academic and not social or emotional. No one has to know that though. For ever...
2.1K 303 29
Spencer isn't the average seventeen year old girl. She is intelligent, sassy, stubborn, independent and beautiful ( she doesn't see it, for she is lo...