The Rebel.

By WingsofAnAngelx

Nova West, a girl who's bad at making friends, decides to opt it off and become a loner. She's an insecure gi... More

Introduction...x
1 - Once Upon a Time...
2- Damned Brick Walls...
3- One friend. Just One.
4- Hanna.
5- Hooray For Weekends!
6- P.A.R.T.Y.
8- Rebel.
9- A Day with Derek. Part 1
10- A Day with Derek, Part 2
11- Yep, Going to Get My Eyes Scratched Out.
12- Alpha.
13- The woods isn't a place for a rebel.
14- Keeping Quiet.
15- Is This a Date?
16- Chaos.
17- Where the hell is Nova?
18- Daddy.
19- The Truth Won't Set Me Free.
20- Home Sweet Home.
21- Back to Reality.
22- I Can Kiss Normal Goodbye.
23- Another West in the Woods...
24- Noah.
25- Vengance.
26- Goodbye.
27- The Calm Before the Storm.
28- First Hunt.
29- I can't stay mad at you forever.
30- Stay Alive.
31- Blackness.
32- Somebody Resue Me.
33- Nothing to Lose.
Happy Ever After?

7- Oh, Brother.

6.3K 169 21
By WingsofAnAngelx

A/N oh? What's this? Another update? I'm so sweet! I know only like 5 people read this, but to you five people I am grateful, for your votes and comments and the fact that you read this at all.

Enjoy,

xx

P.S. I KNOW ITS SUPER SHORT BUT THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT! YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU READ!

Chapter 7

          Derek’s P.O.V.

          After taking literally 2 hours explaining to Nova that I did not take advantage of her drunken state, I left her house and returned to my own. If I couldn’t even sleep with her, how was I going to break her heart?

          Something in me couldn’t. And it bothered me.

          I was also bothered because I lost control around her last night. Yeah, it was the full moon, but I hadn’t lost control like that since the night my parents were killed by hunters.

          My phone dinged, and I got a text message. Speak of the Devil, and she shall appear. My inner voice mused.

          New Message: I heard you got it in with Nova last night, step one complete, keep it up and your brother won’t have to suffer. --Amber

          God I hate her, so, so much. I all but threw my phone out the window of my room at her little message. I wasn’t going to take this from her, and I wasn’t going to sit around and let her control me like some lapdog of hers. I wasn’t going to let Amber near my brother. And lastly, I sure as hell wasn’t going to break Nova’s heart.

          She was too good, too innocent. The way her cheeks flushed when she realized I saw her topless; I smiled at the memory. In complete honesty, I closed my eyes and never saw a thing, but if I told her that I might as well chop my testicles off and hand them to her.

          I knew one thing for sure, I was going to get to know Nova, and I was going to find out why she had such a hold on me in such little time. I also had to find out how to deal with Amber, without getting myself or others killed. So I did what any normal guy would do.

          I called my older brother for help.

Nova’s P.O.V.

I was sitting in my room, all flustered and embarrassed because Derek had just left. I can’t believe I argued with him over if we had actually had sex or not! I banged my head against the wall repeatedly while saying,

“Stupid, stupid, stupid!” I am a total and complete idiot. Now I definitely had no chance with Derek. He probably thought I was some head case. I wouldn’t be surprised if a doctor knocked on the door and strapped me in a straight jacket to haul me off to the Looney bin!

As I was bashing my sanity into the wall, I heard a soft knock on my door, “Nova honey, I just got home from work, can I come in?” my mother’s soft and tired voice asked.

“Yeah, sure mom, come on in.” Good, maybe she could keep me from thinking of Derek. Mmm, Derek…

“I was just checking to see if you were alright, you never texted me telling me where you were going, and I was worried. You know how worried I get when you and your brother don’t call-” she began but I cut her off, wrapping my arms around her shoulders.

“I know Mom and I’m really sorry, I was out with Hanna and I fell asleep at her house. So she took me home this morning, I forgot to text you, and I won’t do it again, I promise.” I lied through my teeth. She didn’t need to know about that party, I was lying for her sanity, “But more importantly, you look exhausted! Mom, don’t worry about me and Noah. We’ll be fine. You, however, need to sleep!”

She sighed, “You’re right sweetie, it’s just I worry that without your Dad around that I might not be doing a good job at parenting you two.” Whoa, she never talks about Dad and I mean never. She must be delirious from exhaustion.

“Please, you’re a way better parent than he ever could have been.” I started pushing her towards the door, “Now go, and get some rest. You deserve it!”

She gave me a tired smile, and left my room. She has never mentioned my dad; I mean we moved all the way across the country just to get away from him, and memories of him. It must be the full moon, yeah, that’s why everyone is acting so strange.

For the rest of the day I did nothing but have good quality time with Noah, with his new friends and my only friend, we haven’t spent much time together. What was better than watching zombie movies with your older brother on a Sunday? Nothing, that’s what.

---

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep beep beep beep beep!

I groaned, sticking my arm out from under my covers and searched for my alarm clock that I wish would shut up. I found it, picked it up, and threw it across my room. Silence at least! I grinned against my pillow and attempted to continue my slumber.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

“You have got to be KIDDING ME!” I jumped off my bed and stomped towards my alarm clock; I ripped out the back, and pulled out the batteries. The damned thing finally stopped. I breathed out a sigh of relief. I knew I would just get screamed at by Noah if I even tried to go back to sleep, so I just decided to get ready. Walking into my shower, I reached down and turn on the faucet; remembering this weekend’s events and how Hanna was going to kill me. The thought alone gave me chills as I stripped down, and entered the steamy shower. The hot water was relaxing against my tired body. Noah never asked me about my whereabouts Saturday night, and I’m somewhat relieved. I don’t know how I would explain sleeping with Derek, and I honestly had no clue how I was going to tell Hanna.

You can always not tell her. My inner voice enthused.

No, that was wrong. Lying was not the answer!

Then simply, avoid the truth.

Now you’re onto something! So maybe my inner voice was good for something after all.

After spending 15 minutes in the shower I deemed myself clean, and I step out, cold chills covering my body from the crisp air. It was only September but already it was getting colder and colder. I was a summer girl after all. I rushed to wrap a towel around my body, giving myself some warmth as I walked to my closet, searching for something to wear.

Finding clothes was a lot easier now that I had finally unpacked, with the help of Hanna. Even if it was two weeks ago we had done that, I was still appreciating the organization. Hanna had sorted my clothes out into casual and not casual, and then sorted by color. I never asked her to do that, but she did insist. And I wasn’t going to complain, it was less cleaning for me to do anyway.

After little to no contemplation, because I honestly didn’t give two whats about what I was wearing on a damned Monday; I put on warm skinnies and a long white shirt that said ‘rebel’ accompanying it with my favorite combat boots and jacket. Satisfied with myself, I walked out of my room and out to Noah’s truck.

The only thing off was that Noah wasn’t inside his truck. This was weird. I suddenly had an eerie feeling as I pulled out and checked the time. It was 7:45. Usually by this time Noah was in the truck and screaming for me to hurry. I reasoned that he simply slept in and there was nothing to worry about. But I couldn’t shake the feeling that something wasn’t right.

I walked back into my house, running straight to Noah’s room and knocked gently on the door, “Noah? Did you forget today was Monday or are you playing some sick joke on me?”

No answer.

I knocked again, “Noah…?”

No answer.

I was definitely freaked out now, he couldn’t have left me, and his truck was still here. And Noah never left without telling me first. I swallowed my fear and pushed his door open. My eyes widened in fear at what I saw, and I let out an ear-splitting scream.

---

*Evil laugh* What do you guys think happened to Noah?

 What do you think Derek should do about Amber?

 Who do you think Amber's father's colleague is that she is making Derek break Nova's heart for?

 How do you think Hanna is going to react about Nova leaving the party with Derek?

Song- Gin Wigmore - Man Like That

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

761K 17.4K 48
MATURE CONTENT: some may say a smut overload EDITING/REWRITING One night. A night filled with passion and longing. The annual ball has finally come...
251K 3.9K 48
Terra ran away from her pack six months ago and joined up with a group of rogue she-wolves. They all get along like they're sisters, but each has a s...
2.6K 309 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
144K 4K 57
(Editing) Warning: this book contains many strong women who won't take shit from any man. Some viewers may be upset by that.... :( *** After Grayson...