Beneath and Beyond

Da romanceloverleonie

Kiedi had never fit in well with others and she thought she liked it that way. That was until she moved to a... Altro

Chapter 1- The closing of one door
Chapter 2- New Orleans
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 38

69 9 0
Da romanceloverleonie

*This takes place before Kiedi gets knocked out

Song: Timeflies- Stiches

That's Kiedi's mom everybody!! Total babe huh! and I love how she and Vanessa Hudgens actually look alike.

Luke and the others walked into the bar with Cooger in the lead. Jazz was his mate so he took point on this. It was obvious when they stepped in though that something was wrong and when Leo tensed it was confirmed.

They went to the bar and ordered a round of bees but no one drank it, it was just for pretenses. Soon Luke smelt Crannor behind them and a chill ran up his spine when they turned and saw that he wasn't alone. It seemed like time slowed down for in those two seconds it took for all the guys to turn the bar filled up with parasite demons.

"There's been a change of plans," Crannor said rubbing his greedy little fingers together. Oh how Luke would like to break his fat neck.

"How so?"his father asked.

"You never told me that your little mate was a Dangel," Crannor chastised Luke.

"It wasn't relevent," Luke gritted out through clenched teeth.

"To you maybe..." Crannor was pacing now, " But I think so because now I'm going to keep my money and.. take your mate."

"Over my dead body," Luke growled as he grabbed for the short stump of a man. He jumped out of the way however and one of the parasites beside him lunged forward and bit into Luke's shoulder. 

Luke grabbed it by its neck and squeezed until it let go then as he started changing into his wolf he threw him across the room knocking out a few others. The others wasted no time in changing as well and they each fought for their lives.

They were greatly outnumbered and if they didn't heal so fast they would probably be loosing. They did heal fast though and they breathed combat so they didn't let the odds phase them and they fought with intent to kill because it was kill or be killed.

Their numbers started dwindling and Luke thought it was because they were tearing through them but then he heard Len Leo through the mind link.

"They're running into the alley!"

Luke bit the head off the demon in front of him and tore into the alley just in time to see them disappear into the dark streets of the town. He sniffed and started to go into a panic, he couldn't smell Kiedi. He did however spot his sister slumped in a corner.

He called Cooger through the link as he shifted to human form and ran over to her and wrapped her up in his arms.

"It's okay baby sis, I got you," He soothed her as she started crying when she saw him.

Cooger ran out and took her from him. He lifted her up bridal style and she buried her face in his neck as he buried his nose in her hair, luxuriating in the smell of her.

"Where's Kiedi, Jazz?" Luke asked 

"She tried to save me," Jazz started crying fresh tears, " and she did, but they took her instead! I'm so sorry Luke!" She shook with her sobs of regret and Luke wanted to tell her that it wasn't her fault but he was already shifting and taking off out the alley following what little of Kie's scent he could detect. 

The trail went dead at the treeline though where the scent of the parasites covered hers and they were all running in different directions so there was no way to track her. Luke howled in frustration then the best yet worst possible solution came to mind. He didn't even hesitate as he ran in the direction of the palace.

"So tell me why I should help you!" The King fumed at Luke," After you barge into my home as a giant wolf no less!"

Luke was standing in the palace's viewing room flanked by two guards and wearing a wrap that they ad given him to cover his naked frame. He had indeed barged into the King's home- after all he didn't have time to send an invitation- and then after changing back to human form he had demanded to be taken to the king and or princess.

"Young shape shifter I should have you arrested!" King Angio boomed.

"At this point sir I don't care what becomes of me as long as you save my mate, she doesn't have much time." Luke said holding his head down as a sign of respect. it was the least he could do after the rude behavior earlier.

"And how or why should I save your mate?" The Kings eyebrow went up in amusement.

"Because your highness," Luke decided to look him in the eyes for this, "she is your granddaughter and I know you know the hideouts of all the parasite demon camps."

As if on cue the princess strolled into the room, all elegance and poise; She and Kiedi were true reflections of each other.

"What is the meaning of this late disturbance?!" She asked angrily.

"This young shapeshifter has just requested my help to save his mate," The Kings eyes left Luke's to glare at his daughter, " and the most interesting part, he says she's my granddaughter."

The princess turned to glare daggers at Luke through emerald eyes so much like Kiedi's and he felt his skin pricking beneath her gaze. She tossed her long black hair and stuck out her chin in a defiant stance as she turned back to the king.

"Do I have a granddaughter Arora?" the king asked calmly.

"Yes"

Flames lit behind the kings eyes but his tone never wavered. "Who is the father?"

Her chin fell and her defiance wavered as she looked anywhere but at her father. "An angel," she all but whispered but the King still heard. He said nothing to his daughter as he waved a guard forward and said something in his ear then the guard left at a quick pace.

"How old is she?" The King held his face in his palm and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Eighteen father"

"Her name?" 

"Kiedi"

The king shook his head and looked up at his daughter in shame, "You hid my Dangel granddaughter from me Arora, I'm very disappointed in you."

"Father I'm so-" she tried to apologize but he cut her off.

"Do not speak!" he commanded her and she fell silent.

How long have you and my granddaughter been intimate shape shifter?" the king directed his questions to Luke now.

Luke didn't want to answer that but he felt the King exert his mental force over him and against his will Luke heard himself answer.

The King made a sound of disgust in his throat at the forced response," This is where it stops."

"What do you mean where it stops? you can't take her from me!" Luke stepped towards him and the guards dragged him back.

"Guards remove these two from my presence," King Angio demanded and the two that held Luke started dragging him out of the room.

Two approached the princess and when they reached for her arm she glared at them, "If you touch me I will fry you from the inside out," she warned them as she glanced at her father one last time then walked out the room as proudly as she had walked in with the guards trailing after her.

"But what about Kie? will you save her?" Luke shouted at him.

"The search for the Dangel has begun, you should no longer concern yourself with such affairs."

With that Luke and the princess were escorted out to a small sitting room and locked in. As soon as the door closed Arora turned to him and he felt his blood boil

"What have you done!" Arora hissed at him. "Do you know how much I went through to get her out of here without my father's knowledge?"

"I'm sorry I had no other way!" Luke gasped against the pain in his body. Arora glared at him a moment longer then he finally felt the heat beneath his skin dissipate.

"What's she like?" Arora asked as she sat down on one of the chairs in the room. Luke mimmicked her actions before answering.

"I'm afraid you'll find out for yourself in a matter of time."

"Now he'll use her for his own greedy purposes. Did you hear what he called her, 'the DAngel', her name is Kiedi!" the princess yelled in frustration.

Luke put his head in his palms and groaned. What was he going to do? How did the king expect him to just sit here while Kiedi was out there somewhere in danger!

But because he could do no better he did. He sat there with his head in his hands, censoring his emotions to see if he could pick up on anything from Kiedi. He did listen however to the princess mumble about how she had hidden her pregnancy by feigning illness and staying in her room when she started to overtly show. Then how she had gotten Kiedi out by sending her maidservant away with the baby and gave her a spell that would send Kiedi into heaven because she was part angel.

He cringed when she talked of how she had to kill that maidservant to keep her quiet and keep her father from finding out.

It was about an hour later when the guards opened the door and ht eking stepped into the room.

"When my Dangel arrives-" he started.

"Your granddaughter," Luke corrected.

"Same thing-" Angio shrugged it off as if it were of no consequence, "-when she arrives you will not see her again after that."

"What do you mean?" he could not be asking what Luke thought he was asking.

"I mean, you will say your goodbyes and then leave her life forever."

"You can't do that!" Luke jumped out of the chair.

"I can and I will and you will do as I command or I will kill you and your entire family."

"Kill me and be done with it because I can't live without her either way," Luke said solemnly.

"Do you doom your family to the same fate?" The king asked with a smirk.

Luke sighed but shook his head. "You will tell her nothing of this conversation or else I will not only kill you but lock her in the dungeon and make her my prisoner. Is that clear?"

Luke couldn't help it as he growled at the mans smug smile as he walked out of the room. Arora simply slouched in her chair and started crying.

*******

Two chapters in one day!! Don't you just love me right now?? I wanted to write more but I'm just really tired.

There's only two chapters left lovelies. I can't believe it! hope you guys enjoy.

Comment

Vote

 Share

Later Lovelies!!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

460K 14.2K 72
The girl with no wolf. An extra mouth to feed. A liability. A defenseless miscreation. Seraphina had heard it all. She had felt it all too. The bon...
89.4K 7.1K 48
After Jared's mate, Amelia, left him for good, he had given up all hope of ever finding love again. That was until he discovered the Moon Goddess had...
5M 128K 34
(Book in the process of editing) " Miss please stand in front of the class and introduce yourself.," my teacher said as she directed me where to stan...
1.1M 9.3K 10
Hayley's on the run from a stalker who's determined to make her pay. When she saves the life of the local Alpha, exposing her new location in the pro...