You die, I die too

By thegraciousone

โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ”ฅEric Coulter love storyโค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ”ฅ What can you say about Candice Heart? Brave, outspoken, humble, beautiful... More

Characters 1
Characters 2
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 21

3.7K 80 10
By thegraciousone

"If you want to know what it's like to survive hell and still come out shining brighter than the sun, just look into the eyes of a woman who has survived intense damage and refused to allow it to destroy her softness."

- Nikita Gill

Candice POW

It had been a couple of days since I woke up, my friends had been visiting me every day after they had finished whatever stage two was. No one would tell me when I asked and when I asked Eric, he just smirked and told me it was a secret. It didn't go too well either when I asked Four. Eventually I just gave up on trying fishing it out of them.

I was lying in my hospital bed, bored out of my mind and I just wanted to get away from that room. I was contemplating whether I should stay or drag myself out of the bed and out of the room, but before I had the time to make my decision someone walked in.

"Well hello. champ!" Aaron said with a big smile on his face. He was adorable with his dimples.

"Thank goodness, company!" I said with a big sigh, and Aaron laughed.

"I guess that answers my question if you are ready to leave this place."

"Totally, if someone doesn't come to get me soon I will walk out of here on my own, no matter how much it will hurt."

"And that is why you are our champ." He said before sitting down at the end of my bed. We talked some more and I tried to make him spill about stage twi, but nothing, nada not even a sneak a peek. After a while, Max, Eric, Theresa and Four joined us and my mood instantly changed from grumpy to happy, Aaron was good company, but being stuck in a bed for a whole week and unable to walk was not jolly.

"Are you ready, Candice?" Max asked.

"I have been ready for days." I responded.

"That's good to hear. But before you are moving to Eric's, we have something to show you." Max said with a chuckle before Theresa walked over to my bed and removed all the tubes and to all the boy's horror, my catheter. When she was done, she ushered all of them out so I could change into more comfortable clothes. Theresa helped me undress and redress, and then she called them in again. I was back in bed but this time I was sitting by the edge of it with my legs dangling. Four came to my side, placed one of his arms gently around my back and then the other under my legs. I put my arms around his neck for support then he lifted me up and slowly walked out of the room.

Max and Aaron walked out after us, but before we exit the infirmary I heard Theresa calling for Eric.

"Eric, I want you to take these with you."

"What are these?"

"Dreamless sleeping pills."

"I don't know if she's been telling anyone, but she has been having nightmares for a couple of nights, and last night I gave her one of these and she didn't have any bad dreams. If she feel like she needs to take one, then it would be best if you have them at your place."

"What has she been dreaming about?"

"After the trauma she's been through, I would probably guess her father and what happened. She hasn't told me anything except that she's been having a hard time sleeping lately. It kind of shows, she looks exhausted with bags under her eyes along with blood shut eyes."

"I guess that's understandable, I'll make sure she takes them." After that, Eric came out and looked at us, or more like me. He nodded our way and then we left.

We walked for a long time before we came up to the entrance to the dining hall. I turned to look at Four and he smiled my way before Max opened the doors and what I saw made my eyes wide and one of my hands went up to my mouth in shock. Inside the dining hall, we were met with cheers and clapping from the entire Dauntless faction. Everyone was smiling and the applauding never stopped. Four walked with me to the table where my friends were and sat me down on the table, he was still holding me for support and my friends smiled and winked. The leaders walked up on stage, Max grabbed the microphone and the dining hall went quiet.

"Dauntless is not known for its speeches, but I'm willing to make an exception this time. Candice, you are the definition of Dauntless. After watching your progress in first stage of initiation, hearing your back story and surviving a gruesome battery, you have made it back with good conditions. You may be the bravest, strongest, courageous person I have ever known. Those are qualities of a true Dauntless and that is why we have decided to let you stay."

After his speech everyone started clapping and cheering again. I had tears in my eyes and Four squeezed my hand. People I didn't know came up to me and told me have sorry they were for what happened, how brave they thought I was and how happy they were that I was alive. I only smiled and thanked them. All this attention made me overwhelmed, I just wanted to leave. This was the reason why I didn't want people to know my story, the pity in people's eyes when they looked at me and all the things they must be thinking. If I had been able to walk, I would've been out of there in a second. To my delight, I didn't have to wait too long before Eric came up to us and asked if I wanted to leave. When I nodded, Four stepped away to let Eric lift me up in his arms the way Four had done earlier and carried me out of the dining hall while people watched us with confused looks. I could only imagine what they must have thought.

"How are you feeling?" Eric asked me.

"I'm fine."

"No pain?"

"Not at the moment. I took a pill before I left the infirmary."

"Good. Let me know when the pain starts."

"Okay." I ended the conversation and then rested my head on his chest while he carried me up to his apartment.

When we arrived, he fished out his keys and opened the door. His apartment was cold and I instantly started to shiver. Eric's apartment was cold but I could understand why, Eric was a walking radiator, he was always hot. His body heat radiated warmth to my body and I pressed myself closer to his body for more. He carried me to his bedroom, laid me down under the cover and sat down and looked at me.

"Are you cold?"

"A little. It's very cold in here."

"You think?"

"Yes, not everyone is a walking radiator." He laughed and stroked my cheek.

"It'll feel better soon. I have to go get your clothes, but I'll be back in a bit."

"Well, I'll be here waiting." I said sarcastically, which made him laugh. He bent forward and kissed my forehead before he left to get my clothes.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew, I smelled something delicious and I heard loud noises from outside the room. I tried to pull myself up but pain shot through my back and I screamed in agony before lying back down with tears forming in my eyes. Eric burst through the door not long after with panic clear in his eyes.

"What happened?"

"I tried to move." I said half panting. Eric breathed out and walked out of the room. He came back a few seconds later with a glass of water and a pill in hand.

"Here, take this. Dinner is soon ready." Eric handed me the pill and then he helped me with the water. You just had to love Erudite scientists sometimes, those pills worked like a charm and had an instant effect. Eric went back to the kitchen to finish the dinner, and I wondered what he had made. I didn't even knew he could cook. He came back, picked me up and carried me out to the living room where he sat me down on the couch. Then he went to the kitchen, took out two plates, glasses and cutlery. Set them down on the coffee-table before going to get the dinner and beverage.

He helped me put the food on the plate and gave it to me before making his own plate and sitting down. We ate in silence, he had made chicken with noodles and it was delicious, he really knew how to cook. After we had eaten we just sat there in silence waiting for the food to sink down. I looked over at Eric and saw that he was already looking at me. He moved closer until our bodies were next to each other and pulled me in for a kiss. At first it was sweet and gentle but it soon turned into a full on make out session with me straddling him. Eric's hands moved up and down my thighs before he moved up under my shirt, but he didn't go further than that, he stayed at my waist. His hands were warm and rough and I loved what he did with them.

After what felt like forever, we parted for air and leaned our foreheads together while trying to regain our breathings. My eyes were closed but my mouth was up in a grin. I really liked him, more than I liked to admit. I opened my eyes to be met with two mesmerizing grey eyes, my smile widen and he kissed me once more before he snaked his arms around me and stood up. He walked into the bedroom and sat me down on the bed. He walked to a chair where a familiar bag was lying. He opened my bag and pulled out a vanity case and new underwear, and I blushed just a little when he turned my way. He went to the bathroom that was next to the bedroom before coming back and lifted me up once again. He carried me to the bathroom and put me down on the toilet seat before turning on the taps on the bathtub.

"Do you want me to help you, or should I go ask Lauren?"

"Could you go ask Lauren? I don't think it's the best idea if you saw me naked."

"Probably not. I'll be right back." Eric then exited the bathroom and went out to get Lauren. Lauren opened the door to the bathroom and while Eric started to wash the dishes, Lauren helped me undress and into the tub.

"Between you and me, I really didn't think Eric would come and ask me if I could help you bathe."

"What? You though he would do it himself?"

"Yes. I mean he is a guy after all and you are not bad to look at."

"He proved you wrong, huh?" I asked not admitting that Eric had actually asked if I wanted him to help me or Lauren.

"He sure did. How are you feeling? It must be overwhelming with everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks."

"I'm okay, I'm trying to cope with everything. The hardest part is not being able to walk by myself."

"I understand. But don't worry, you'll be back on your feet in no time. With Eric's help, I'm sure you will be able to walk on your own in just a couple of days."

"One can only hope. As long as he doesn't kill me with his brutal workouts." I said and she laughed out loud.

"I'm sure he will take it slow, at least at first."

"When do I start?"

"Max said tomorrow, so get a good night sleep so you are well rested." Lauren said to me while she scrubbed my back.

When I was bathed, she helped me up and gave me a warm towel for me to wrap myself in and then she helped me dry and put on my underwear. I felt useless, like I was handicapped and I hated it. But being in that state made me realize how grateful and lucky I actually was. This was not permanent, I could get a full recovery while others may not. It was rare, but there were some people in our city that was permanently disabled and would never be able to walk again. Not even people from Erudite could help them.

I shook my head, trying to think of something better while Lauren brushed my hair. I sat on the toilet seat and brushed my teeth when Eric knocked on the door. Lauren walked over to the door and opened it slightly, not too wide for Eric to see me in only a towel and underwear. They exchanged a few words before Lauren closed the door again. She was holding a t-shirt in her hand, one that I recognized as his. I finished brushing and gave the toothbrush to Lauren to put in the cabinet. She then motioned for me to raise my arms, which I did with a slight struggle, so she could pull the t-shirt over my head. The t-shirt reached down to my mid thighs, but at least it covered my underwear.

"Let's get you to bed." Lauren said and then went to get Eric.

Eric carried me to bed and then went out to let Lauren out. They talked for a while before she left and Eric came back to the bedroom with two medicine bottles and a glass of water. He put them on the bedside table next to me before he walked over to his closet and pulled out a pair of pants and went to the bathroom. He came back ten minutes later in nothing but the pants, his broad chest was exposed and you could clearly see his muscles and the v-form that was visible above the waistline. I was mesmerized and I couldn't stop looking. I could feel something stir inside of me, lust maybe. He turned around and smirked when he saw me starring.

"See something you like?"

"Mhmm, huh?" He laughed at my response and walked over to the bed and laid down on the other side of the bed. He scooted closer and pulled me to his chest, he laid an arm around to hold me and I laid my head and arm on his chest. He was warm and his breathing soothed me along with his strokes on my back. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524K 11.2K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
261K 11K 39
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹
145K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
366K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...