Snow Crush

By theoceps

Tris... She has a passion for snowboarding and her family owns a ski lodge. She has a group of friends that a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Important
ATTENTION

Chapter 13

1.7K 55 65
By theoceps

Remember to keep
your head up
And your heart
strong

Tris POV

I look around me, at the beautiful scenery of the mountain. I look off into the distance and see the city, but when I look straight down, I see the ski lodge. I inhale a deep breath and relax. Taking one leap forward, I slide down the mountain.

I look from left and right and see the calming white snow around me. Engulfing me into its presence of tranquillity. Pine tree, after Pine tree pass me by with patches of cold snow on it.

I feel the rush of adrenaline replace the blood in my veins. Cold tearing through the fabric of my windbreaker coat. Tears gather in my eyes by the acceleration of the speed I'm going.

As I come closer and closer to the lodge, I start to shift my feet to the side slowly, so I can slow down. I come to a perfect stop, right in front of the lodge, and smile.

I sit down, unstrap my snowboard from my feet, and start to walk towards my house. Walking up to the front door, I hear my phone go off. I take it out of my pocket to see a text from Christina.

Chris: Hey girly! Let's go hang out at the mall! Please?! I'll even pay for your food!

Tris: Sounds tempting.

Chris: Please! There is a sale going on right now at my favorite store! What if I not only pay for your food, but I also won't force you into Victoria's Secret?

Tris: Deal. I'll meet you there later. I'm just going to walk.

Chris: Thank you! Thank you!

Tris: Whatever

I click my phone off, stuff it into my pocket, and walk inside. I place my snowboard down, next to the front door. When I reach my room, I change from my snowboarding outfit, into some casual clothes. A white long-sleeve flowing top, black pants, a black scarf, and my black combat boots. I then, grab my phone from off my bed, along with my earbuds, and shove them in my pocket.

Walking downstairs, I hear my mom say, "Beatrice?" I turn around to face her. "Yes?"

"While you're out, could you do me a favor and pick up some more milk? I have to get back to my shop." She smiles warmly at me. "Sure mom, no problem." I reply back.

I go into the kitchen and make some hot chocolate, being that it's been so cold outside.

I go into the front walkway and grab my coat from off the coat rack and slip on my gloves. I walk out the door and put in my earbuds. I take a sip of my hot chocolate and Castle by Halsey comes on my playlist. I smile, I love Halsey and this song is probably one of my favorites.

As I'm walking, I realize I'm walking through the park. I look around and spot a couple kissing each other passionately. I shrug it off, since it's not a big deal. Than I hear his voice.

"Baby, I love you so much."

I would know that voice from anywhere, because that's my Jack's voice. I feel my eyes go wide and a big rip go through my heart. I quickly spin around, and what I see makes my eyes sting with tears glossing in them.

I see Jack gazing up lovingly at the pretty girl in his lap.

I gasp quietly. Jack? He's cheating on me?

He must have heard my gasp, because he quickly whips his head around to face me and his eyes go wide. I have tears brimming my eyes.

"Jack?" I say quietly.

"Shit. Um, Tris," He says. "It's not what it looks like?"

Tears are gathering in my eyes and anger runs through my body, making my fists clench and unclench.

"How...why? You're cheating on me?"

"Uh." He says, scratching the back of his neck. I shake my head at him.

"You jerk!" I say angrily. "You cheated on me? I thought you loved me?!" I yell at him.

"Well I did love you but you're too short and pale. You have no curves at all! You're just plain ugly and worthless! And whenever we would kiss, I would always try to take the next step further, but you! You were always to afraid! Afraid of sex! You would never have sex with me and always pushed me away! Now I don't even know why I dated you in the first place." He yells back at me.

By the end of his little rant, I have tears streaming down my cheeks and my face is probably red.? "W-what?" I croak out "How long?" My voice wavering as I struggle to make it sound stronger.

"Since the day after last Christmas. The day when you pushed me away from you and yelled 'I am not having sex with you until I'm ready.' I couldn't take it anymore so I went out and found another girl. One that would give me what I need." He says angrily.

"You asshole!" I hiss at him through clenched teeth. "I cannot believe you! The day before, on Christmas, was the day when we first said I love you to each other! Those words are supposed to mean something to people! Did it mean nothing to you? You basically just gave away my heart the next day! And you had the nerve to still show up to my house and pretend to love me everyday!" I scream at him.

"Oh shut up!" He says.

"You know what? I can do much better than you! I don't need a freaking low-life like you!"
I take the lid off my cup and walk up to him.

"I hope you enjoy the rest of your shitty life! You mother fucking bastard!" I spill all of my hot chocolate on his head and run back to my house, tears tearing down my face. And an aching in my heart spreading like a wildfire throughout my body.

I run and run. When I get to my house, I throw open the door and stomp up the stairs to my room and slam the door closed. I look over at all the pictures of Jack and I on my bulletin board that had been taken of us over the course of our three happy years together. Not anymore.

I walk up to them and tear them all down. I grab my scissors from my drawer and shred them to pieces and throw them all away. I look back up at the last picture I forgot. It's a picture of us in Chelan County, Washington. The day we climbed the mountains in Enchantment Peaks, one of the highest points in all of Washington. Christmas Day. The day we carved out names into the mountain. The day he first told me, that he loved me. But that was all a lie. A big, fat dumbass lie.

I tear the picture in half, directly down the middle. Throwing the shreds of the picture in the trash, I just now realize the tears pouring down my face. I sit on my bed and start to sob uncontrollably.

I should've known it was too good to be true. No one would ever like me. I'm pale, ugly, small, and have barley any curves. No wonder why he cheated on me. And those thoughts make me sob even more.

After about a half hour of sobbing, I stand up and walk outside to my balcony, tears still streaming down my cheeks. Ignoring the beeping of notifications on my phone. Walking over to the porch swing I have, I pick up my guitar and start to strum a tune.

After about forty five minutes, I have a nice song to strum out to, but I just need lyrics. I get up and grab my songbook. I start to think of everything that happened between Jake and I. Last Christmas, we first said 'I love you' to each other, and I gave him my heart. But the next day, he gave it away, cheating on me. I take an hour just to think of some words to go along with the song. When I finish, I look over the lyrics, and start to play my acoustic guitar.

I hate that I remember
I wish I could forget
What you did last December
You left my heart a mess

Boy you blew it
How could you do it, do it
Oh yeah
Oh yeah

Last Christmas
I gave you my heart
But the very next day
You gave it away

This year
To save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

Last Christmas
I gave you my heart
But the very next day
You gave it away

This year
To save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

Thought we belonged together
At least that's what you said
I should have known better
You broke my heart again

Boy you blew it
How could you do it, do it
Oh yeah

Last Christmas
I gave you my heart
But the very next day
You gave it away

This year
To save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

Last Christmas
I gave you my heart
But the very next day
You gave it away

Ooh yeah
How could you leave Christmas morning
You broke my heart with no warning

Boy you blew it
How could you do it, do it
Oh yeah

Oh baby

Last Christmas
I gave you my heart
But the very next day
You gave it away

This year
To save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

This is our

Last (last) Last (last) Christmas
You broke my heart
Last (last) Last (last) Christmas
You broke my heart

This year
To save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

I hate that I remember
I wish I could forget
What you did last December
You left my heart a mess

This year
To save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

I hate that I remember
I wish I could forget
What you did last December
You left my heart a mess

This year
To save me from tears...

Only after I finish, do I realize that tears are pouring down my face. I start to get hungry so, I stand up and go downstairs towards the kitchen. I open up the refrigerator and take out slices of cold pizza and look in the cabinet for a plate. Bad thing is, I'm to short to reach, so I jump on top of the counter and grab one, hop down and walk back to my room.

When I'm finished eating, I go into my bathroom, wash my hands to get rid of the pizza grease. As I walk back into my room, I hear my phone go off with a notification. Again.

I sit on my bed and take out my phone.

Christina:(27) notifications

Four:(24) notifications

Uriah:(20) notifications

Shauna:(17) notifications

Zeke:(15) notifications

Marlene:(12) notifications

Will:(10) notifications

Lynn:(8) notifications

I sigh and throw my phone onto my pillow. Then I start to think about everything that happened with Jack again.

My heart feels like it dropped to the bottom of my chest, shattered into pieces and was lit on fire.

Why would he do this to me? How could he? I thought he loved me, but obviously he doesn't. I should've seen this coming. He started missing dates, leaving all the time, being distant, and acting strange sometimes. It all makes sense now.

~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I really hope you liked this chapter. I enjoyed writing it. Sorry for the little Taylor Swift moment there.
(No offense) Tris is heartbroken and she feels like the only way to get her emotions out is music. She will be writing a few more break up songs in the next few chapters as well. I don't own Divergent or any of the songs I use in this story. Thanks for reading! :)

/Last Christmas- Ariana Grande\

~theoceps

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 8.1K 48
Tris has finished initiation and can finally have a nice, normal life with Tobias. But things will stop her. People, accidents, anything you could th...
6.3K 169 26
"Stop it," I say "Oh. You know you want me,"To-Four says "No. You broke my heart." "And you broke my face. Which I deserved. I said I'm sorry. Can't...
153K 3.1K 53
Tris has just finished her initiation. She's having a hard time getting used to all the dauntless. But mostly, having a hard time in her new relation...
54.9K 573 12
This is a divergent fanfiction where there is no war and Four and Tris are training initiates. It also takes place one year after Tris's initiation...