Frozen Melody [Kuroko No Bask...

By WinterRaineeDay

Singing is a dream came true for her. A talented musician and composer, Kuroko Tetsuki hid herself from the w... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Score 2 ~ The Mysterious Rumor
Score 3 ~ HEAVEN
Score 4 ~ We Met Once Again
Score 5 ~ A Date
Score 6 - Pink Cupcake
Score 7 - Blue Ribbon
Score 8 ~ Biggest Fan
Score 10 ~ Let Me Help You
Score 11 ~ A Wave of Panic
Score 12 ~ Live Your Life To The Fullest
Score 13 ~ Fever & Lingerie
Score 14 ~ My Lost Heart
Score 15 ~ Coral Sea
Score 16 ~ Give Me More Time
Score 17 ~ An Evening with the GoM & HEAVEN
Score 18 ~ You're Important To Us
Score 19 ~ Dreamers' Symphony
Score 20 ~ Forever Lullaby
Score 21 ~ Severed Relationships
Score 22 ~ That's Why I Love You
Score 23 ~ A Painful Goodbye
Score 24 ~ The Beginning of an Ending
Score 25 ~ You're Everything, Still My Everything
Score 26 ~ For Those Who Loves My Songs
Score 27 ~ Proof of Life
Score 28 ~ Why...?
Score 29 ~ Tetsuki
Score 30 ~ I Love You. Forever.
Epilogue
Statistic

Score 9 ~ A Doctors' Passion

2K 90 12
By WinterRaineeDay

Still in his office clothing, a soft huff was heard as the tall man sat back on his couch in his apartment living room, after throwing his blazer to the other side of the couch. He rubbed his nose bridge, his eyes were shut close. On the table there were a few files in different colors, along with his laptop bag and spectacles resting on the table.

The apartment was dimly lit with some lamps as he was too lazy to turn on the main lights. He was completely exhausted from the day rush hour. It was late evening, he finally got off his shift for the day, after a while of shut an eye moment, he lazily went to take a shower, and his bones were just too heavy to do anything else.

After a warm shower, he made a cup of coffee; he turned on the laptop as he flips over some files he brought home earlier. The mouse clicking silently breaks the silence in his bedroom, the only light that shines in the room were his table lamp and the laptop.

He flips opened the blue file and took out several pieces of papers, after searching for a certain folder that was kept in his laptop as well. His eye silently reads the information on his laptop as his right hand jolting down some notes on the blue file papers. After a while, he let out a heavy sigh after he puts down his pen, he rubbed his temples.

Years of research and still cannot find anything to help his patient. He shut his eyes again hiding that tired emerald orbs from the lights shines dimly in the room.

-Flashback-

5 years ago.

"Doctor Midorima! There's an emergency!" a nurse came into his office late evening, the sound of the ambulance echoes throughout the hospital front porch.

A young girl was rushed into the ER after she was hit by a car that late evening; he assumed she was around 16 years old when she was brought in. Her little body was injured severely. It took over 5 hours to stitch all the wounds and cuts on her body and head. Such small body was fighting between life and death in those hours attached and oxygen mask covering her mouth and nose. Midorima and his other assistants were trying their best to get all the internal bleeding and what not to stop.

5 hours seems like hundreds years has passed by, after a while the ER was cleared, the girl has been admitted into the ICU, Midorima finally let out a sigh of relief after that operation was over. He knows that he has been going through this type of situation daily ever since he became a doctor but sometimes it takes a toll of him when he cannot save a patient life.

Later that morning,

"We couldn't contact anyone about her; apparently her parent is in the overseas, according to what we found out, her father won't be back until next month."

Midorima took a look at the file that nurse has passed to him, his eyes read through very single details on it after the nurse left.

"Kuroko Tetsuki, female, aged 17, reason for admitted into hospital- hit by a car after lose balance of herself while crossing the road…" Midorima mumbles then he suddenly stopped as he read again.

"Lose balance?" he thought. He quickly turned to his computer and starts clicking the mouse, his expression turned into a serious one.

A few days later, the girl woke up, under Midorima order; she went for an x-ray and some other few tests, until he heard a conversation between his patient and the nurse in the patient room.

The girl was in the hospital gown colored in pink, her body frame was small, her long blue hair was let lose, it passed her shoulder, her orbs were gentle just like the blue sky, no matter how you looked at her, she was very beautiful despite her pale complexion.

"You have beautiful set of hands, it seems like you care for them a lot." The nurse said as she admired the soft yet pale skinned hands of the blunette.

"I love my hands, without them I may not be able to play the piano."

"Ah so you're a pianist?"

"Yep, the piano is my friend, music is my life, without these two I might not be able to stay the way I am now." She said as she looked at her hands.

The nurse smiled at the young teen that was sitting on the bed, she then hold the blunette hands gently.

"I'm sure someday, someone special will come by and listen to your music, when that day comes by, you will find that someone will be able to make you happier than you are now"

The teen just smiled back at the nurse upon hearing what she said.

"Thank you, if only Mama is still alive…" she then turned her gaze towards the sky outside the window.

That conversation alone breaks Midorima heart. He gritted his teeth, his lips formed a thin line, and frowns were seen on his face as he passed by several nurses while he headed back to his office with several files in his hands.

"HOW?! HOW CAN I BREAK THIS NEWS TO HER?" Midorima screamed in his thoughts as he threw the files on the table with sheer anger.

Tears silently runs down the doctor cheek unknowingly.

-Flashback ends-

Midorima let out another long sighed upon remembering it. It has been years yet he still failing. He was frustrated. Looking at all the data in his laptop and the files pisses him off. He decides to call it a night, as he turned off the laptop, he lays down on his bed as one arm over his head, he stares at the ceiling.

"God can be too cruel at times." He mumbles to himself.

-Flashback-

Sky blue orbs looking at him in disbelieve, it has been a few weeks after Tetsuki was admitted into the hospital. Both her hands were trembling on her lap, her lips slightly parted.

"I'm afraid I will have to inform your father about this, he has to know." Midorima said to the patience that was still frozen in front of him. He hates it. He hates relaying or giving bad news to any of his patients.

It took Tetsuki a while to regain her composure. She shook her head in disagreement, she then moved forward towards the emerald eyes doctor. She holds his hand, with her eyes pleading to him.

"Please don't tell Papa about this! I don't want him to take away what I have left!" she begged. Midorima who was surprised by the patience plead as he looked into her eyes, tears were threatening to fell down those soft cheeks.

Hiding important things from a young patient parent was against his policies; however, there are certain requests from his patients he cannot decline.

-Flashback ends-

He sighed again as he turned to his side of the bed, staring into the nothingness of the darkness. He knew the girl, she was a talented pianist, and he even heard several of her pianos playing whenever he has time to come over to check on her while her father is away.

He grabbed a CD that was lying on his night stand, he stares at it.

-Flashback-

"HEAVEN?" Midorima asked when the blunette gave him a CD album titled HEAVEN on the cover.

Tetsuki nodded as she smiled to her doctor, "Yup, that's my name in the music industry, HEAVEN. Sounds neat don't it?"

He looked at the brimming girl in front of him, he knows that she hides everything from her father even her music,

"Why HEAVEN?"

"Hmm…cause in heaven, angels sings, so when I'm gone, I want people to know I'll still be singing from the above"

He knows what the blunette means; he feels a pang of guilt and sadness in his heart.

-Flashback ends-

It has been over 5 years since he first know the blunette. He had to admit that he is very fond of her, especially her smile. Whenever she came by for checkups session, she never fail to give him smiles and support from his daily stress. Midorima who was known as a very serious person changed whenever she was around him, he puts up a very warm smile to the small girl.

"She's like the sunshine, she's so warm yet shines so bright…" he mumbles.

-Flashback-

Tetsuki once again admitted into the hospital after having trouble breathing, her father was also away at the time, Midorima who has been in charge for her wellbeing has always made his rounds to the blunette room in the hospital 6th floor, and he was always greeted with a warm carefree smile.

However that evening, he was on night shift, so he decided to get a few piece of cakes and vanilla milkshake for the blunette, he definitely enjoy the blunette presence around him. When he opens the room sliding door, his eyes widened as he looked around the room, the bed was empty, Tetsuki belongings still there but she was not there. Panic starts forming in his stomach.

He went almost every floor to check for the blunette until he went to the roof top, it was windy yet he can hear a soft voice singing.

When I was still in love with god,
I never expected such a farewell would come.
If I had known I could never feel your touch again,
I would've hoped to be embraced just one last time

Midorima silently made his way towards the sound of the voice. There she is, standing there, the soft breeze blew through her long blue hair, the night moonlight shines upon her, as if she was an angel descend from heaven.

Goodbye, goodbye, so many times,
I repeated the word to myself,
Waving my hands. It's only graceful, right?
Now, I long to be stronger.

He stand rooted to the ground, his gaze attached to the girl who is singing not far from him, her hands were on her chest, as she closes her eyes.

I met you, the stars sparkled, and I was born.
I love you, therefore I am.
What good is waiting for a hopeless miracle?
Through my tear-filled vision

Her voice was brought by the wind; it was as if the wind wants someone to listen to the blue angel sings. Never in Midorima life, was he speechless. He quickly took out his cell phone from his pocket and turned on the recording application.

Goodbye, goodbye, my beloved.
I came this far because you were here.
I wasn't alone, was I?
Now, I long for answers.
What's wrong? Why can't I stop my tears from overflowing?

Pearls of water starts falling down the blunette soft cheeks, trying her best to continue singing, Midorima can feel how much suffering his young patient is going through the song she was singing.

I met you, the stars sparkled, and I was born.
I love you, therefore I am.
What good is waiting for a hopeless miracle?
Through my tear-filled vision, the planet's twinkle is gone...

The moonlight shines brighter, the stars on the sky flickers, the gentle breeze was passing by more than ever, the blunette seems did not notice her surrounding not even Midorima who stood not far from him.

If we are reincarnated and can meet again some day,
please find me and hold me tight,
and make sure you don't let go again.
I wish the planet would whisper to me that I'm not alone...

Midorima silently went back inside as he close the door, he silently leans against the wall, his knees felt weak as he slides down on the fall into sitting position.

Streams of tears fell down his cheeks, down towards his white dress shirt. Only God knows how it felt being so useless, unable to help his patient. Tetsuki still has so much hope in her, only now Midorima understands why Tetsuki said music is the only thing she has left. Music is her hope, her light to keep her going.

In the midst of darkness Midorima silently cried like he never did at the stairs.

-Flashback ends-

"I'm not giving up yet, Tetsuki" he mumbles as his eyes starts giving up on staying awake.

Midorima slowly gave into his body needs, at last he fell into a deep sleep, light snores was heard, and his hand still holding the CD that Tetsuki gave him not long ago as if he is not letting go of it.

Next morning,

Midorima was having an off day but that did not stop him from doing his research. He was still staring at the files he brought along with him that day; he was supposed to meet his old friend here at Star Bucks' in the afternoon.

"It is not nice to ignore someone that you have called out for a cup of coffee." A certain voice snapped Midorima from his deep thoughts. He looked to his side as he saw a pair of hetero eyes looking right through him.

"Shintaro."

"Akashi. When did you arrive here, please have a seat." Midorima then straighten his back as his guest took a seat in front of him. Akashi noticed the pile of papers on the table as Midorima hurriedly arranged them back into each folder; it was rare to see his former vice-captain being this messy.

Akashi, puts his guitar bag down leaning at the wall, next to the table, he then rest his head on his right palm while his arm resting on the chair handle. He looks at Midorima who was still busy clearing the table from his papers and files. He notices a blue file on the table; he immediately looked at the front file name.

"Tetsuki?" he thought to himself.

"Looks like he barely had enough rests, I wonder if being a doctor taking a toll of his body" Akashi thought after he noticed the eye bags on Midorima and the shriveled messy hair that the former vice-captain used to make sure was combed neat and tidy.

After a while,

"So why did you called me out?" Akashi questioned him, even after years they have known each other, Akashi still has that intimidating aura and tone surrounds him.

"Just like what I have told you, I want to ask a favor from you." Midorima swallowed whatever guts he has left to ask a favor from his former captain. Asking help or favor from Akashi is like asking help from the devil itself.

Akashi took a sip of his coffee then looked at the green head in front of him, waiting for him to finish his words. Midorima pulled out a CD and a few music scores from his bag; he puts it on the table.

"First, I want you to take a look at these."

Akashi then starts going through the scores and CD, then puts it back on the table.

"From the looks of it you knew who the composer is." Midorima broke the silence.

Akashi looked at him before he nodded.

"Yes, she is a very unique. She has a talent that no other musicians has."

"A very rare gem I might add."Akashi added as he has usual smirk on his face but Midorima did not missed that gentleness in the crimson bassist eyes.

"Alright, then take a look at this file." Midorima then pushed the blue file that has Tetsuki name on it.

Akashi quickly puts down his coffee cup and flips open the file, he reads every sentence and every box of details that was written on the papers. His eyes widened, he then turned his gaze towards the green haired man in front of him.

"Impossible. How?"

As much as Midorima wants to avoid the question, he could not. Akashi now finally understood why the green haired doctor calls for him.

"I found out after I had several tests on her 5 years ago…as far I have researched and found…are all negative answers…" Midorima let out a heavy sigh.

"Are you saying sooner or later she'll…?"

Midorima nodded as the bassist gaze pierced through him. He could see the crimson haired teen in front of him, formed a thin line on his lips, his gaze were, serious.

"The talents she has, well…I want people to know who HEAVEN is. Her songs are amazing and I know hundreds of companies…no. People around the planet have listened to the music that she has composed before. Hiding herself from the world is a waste of her talents."

"At least, before it's too late, I want her to feel the meaning of living to the fullest…" Midorima pleaded to his old friend, Akashi who is in deep thoughts, took one of the files from Midorima; he looked at it once again.

"Only you can make it happen, Akashi." Midorima once again pleaded before the red head stood up and picked his guitar bag after putting on his sunglasses.

"How long do we have?"

"Less than two years." Midorima replied.

"Shintaro, this is one favor I do not need you to pay back. I will everything I can to help you." Midorima was surprised, the usual Akashi would be asking anyone to pay him back the favor they have asked from him but this time was different.

"Today, you will rest after you reach home. You looked terrible with those eye bags and messy hair." Akashi said as a stern pair of eyes looked at Midorima, and then he left the doctor alone at the café. Midorima let out a relief sigh, as he rubbed his temples.

Akashi on the other hand, takes a look at the piece of paper that Midorima has written regarding Tetsuki whereabouts and address. He took out his cell phone as he dialed the number.

At the second ringing, someone picks up the phone.

"Tetsuki, it's me, Akashi."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.3K 831 11
Sakura and Naruto had been out on a mission given to them by lady tsunde when trouble struck, Naruto is left badly injured and sakura is left mentall...
1.3M 57.5K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
762K 28.2K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
1.1M 37.1K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...