Life After Mockingjay

By sayeverlark

"After everything we've been through, two hunger games, hijacking, a rebellion.. There are still moments when... More

Chapter One; Real or Not Real?
Chapter Two; Life Begins
Chapter Three; Planning
Chapter Four; Forever&Always
Chapter Five; Sweet Love
Chapter Six; Creating Life Itself
Chapter Seven; Just The Beginning
Chapter Eight; The Call
Chapter Nine; The Scan
Chapter Ten; Cravings
Chapter Eleven: Seeing Triple
Chapter Twelve; Almost Time
Chapter Thirteen; Nursery
Chapter Fourteen; Today
Chapter Fifteen; Welcome To This Brave World
Chapter Sixteen; Our Family
Chapter Seventeen; Home
Chapter Eighteen; House Tour
Chapter Twenty; The Meadow
Chapter Twenty One; Nightmares
Chapter Twenty Two; Growing
Chapter Twenty Three; Crashing Down Part I
Chapter Twenty Four; Crashing Down Part II
Chapter Twenty Five; Build You Up
Chapter Twenty Six; All That Matters
Chapter Twenty Seven; This Conversation Isn't Over
Chapter Twenty Eight; One Of Those Days
Chapter Twenty Nine; Girl
Chapter Thirty; Smile
Chapter Thirty One; Four Years
Chapter Thirty Two; Why?
Chapter Thirty Three; Lost
Chapter Thirty Four; Daughter
Chapter Thirty Five; Away
Chapter Thirty Six; Decisions
Chapter Thirty Seven; Welcome Home
Chapter Thirty Eight; I Remember This
Chapter Thirty Nine; Even
Chapter Forty; Dandelions
Chapter Forty One; Tell Her
Chapter Forty Two; From Beginning To Our Happy Ending
Chapter Forty Three; District 4
Chapter Forty Four; He Was Fine
Chapter Forty Five; Late
Chapter Forty Six; Empty
Chapter Forty Seven; Dear Prim
Chapter Forty Eight; Five Months
Chapter Forty Nine; Double
Chapter Fifty; Real.
Epilogue

Chapter Nineteen; Christmas

5.5K 161 86
By sayeverlark

I arise to the bright sun shining through the slightly cracked window.

"Good morning, beautiful." Peeta whispers as he gives me a peck on the nose and wraps me up in his embrace. He puts his chin on the top of my head, and strokes my hair, occasionally giving me small kisses.

"Merry Christmas, handsome." I say as I finally seem to fully wake up. I sink farther into Peeta's embrace and plant soft kisses all over him.

"Come on, sweetie." Peeta whispers as he sits up a little. "We have cooking to do."

"Do you mean you have cooking to do?" I laugh. I turn my head just enough to give Peeta a kiss on the lips.

"Yes, I mean I have cooking to do. But you... have a baby to feed." Peeta points down at Willow who is sleeping soundly in her basinet next to our bed.

"I just fed her an hour ago." I mumble as I lay back onto Peeta again, stroking his arm and listening to the steady thud of his heartbeat. "Can we do something?" I ask as I kiss his arm.

"No funny business until later." Peeta whispers into my ear, before biting it playfully.

"Peeta!" I giggle, sitting up, jumping on top of him and kissing him all over.

Peeta jumps up out of bed and picks me up bridal style. "Let's go, Mrs Mellark." He jokes.

"Peeta!" I yell in a hushed tone. He takes me down stairs and sets me on the kitchen counter.

"Or maybe we can have some fun now." He whispers into my ear as he kisses my neck, and sucks on it gently.

I take my shirt off quickly, and Peeta continues kissing me all over.

"Let's go over to the couch." I moan as Peeta runs his hand down my body.

Peeta picks me up, and I straddle my legs around him, not stopping what were doing.

"It's been too long.." I moan as Peeta slams me onto the couch. He begins to take his clothes off. Just as he is about to enter me, Willow starts crying.

"Ugh!" I groan as I roll off the couch. "So close." I joke. "Can we please finish this later?"

"Of course.." Peeta says with a blush as he puts his clothes back on. I don't bother with my shirt, because I'm sure Willow needs to eat again.

"Oh, baby girl it's okay." I coo as I pick Willow up and bounce up and down. This always seems to calm her. "Are you hungry sweetie?"

I can always tell when Willow is hungry, because she opens her mouth over and over again, as if she's asking for food. For this, I've nicknamed her "little bird."

I take Willow down stairs, and get a bottle that I had pumped a few hours ago. It still seems to be warm.

"Good morning, honey." Peeta whispers to Willow as he gives her a small kiss on the head. "Do you want me to feed her, Katniss?"

"It's okay," I say. "You have to start cooking dinner for everyone coming tonight. Can you just watch her when I shower?"

"Anything for my queen." Peeta says.

I sit on the couch and feed Willow. I watch her in awe; something that I always find myself doing. She's already growing so fast. She's turning four months in a few weeks.

"Peeta, honey?" I call.

"Yeah?" Peeta asks as he peers through the door, already covered in flour.

"I guess you've started baking." I Laugh. "Can you watch her while I get ready?"

"Yeah." Peeta giggles as he lifts Willow out of my arms.

+++

"Look at this gorgeous girl." I coo as Peeta brings Willow into our bedroom. He dressed her in the cutest little red dress, with a red headband and black little boots.

"Oh my gosh, Peeta." I say with a smile. "Where in the world did you get this outfit?"

"I picked it up a few days ago." He says as he hands her to me. "I wanted to surprise you."

"Oh, Peeta." I whisper as I kiss Willow's tiny nose. "She looks adorable."

"Johanna called and said she'd be over a little earlier. We should probably go get ready for everyone to come." Peeta says.

"Okay." I grab Willow's blanket and take her downstairs to the couch to take a nap.

In a matter of minutes, Johanna arrives with Alder, Rowan, Jax and Kai. Effie and Haymitch also show up around the same time. Annie, Finn, Pollux, and Cressida are the last to arrive.

"Dinner is served." Peeta says as he places the cheese buns, ham, duck, potatoes, corn, and some much more on the table.

"This looks amazing!" Johanna squeals. "Thanks so much, Peeta."

Everyone begins to make conversation, talking about life and other things. I soak in the love. Having so many friends that I will be able to cherish forever makes me very happy, almost as happy as Peeta and Willow.

On Christmas, I always find myself thinking so much of Prim and my father. Prim's favorite holiday was Christmas, even if we weren't showered in gifts. My father would always get us one present each. My fathers last Christmas with us, he got my my very own bow. Prim got a doll she wanted from the hob.

These past few Christmases have been terrible, but I'm glad I have Peeta to make them better. I hope Willow remembers these holidays.

After dinner, we all gather around our fireplace, just enjoying each other's company. Johanna, Annie and I have quite a few drinks, which makes me tipsy by the end of the night. I'm not one to get drunk much, but I was having such a great time.

"Peeta!" I squeal. "We have to take a picture of Rowan, Kai, Jax, Finn, and Willow!"

"Yes! Oh my god!" Johanna says.

I watch Alder and Peeta exchange a look and then shake their heads with a chuckle.

"Okay," Peeta says. "Annie, you hold Finn, Katniss hold Willow and Rowan, and Johanna hold Kai and Jax."

We do as Peeta says, an all stand in front of the Christmas tree.

"Say cheese!" Peeta says.

We all look at each other and our children who don't look amused, and bust out laughing.

"Well.." Peeta says. "This picture is definitely a keeper."

+++

"Peeta?" I look up at him as he cradles me by the fire.

"What is it, sweetie?"

"Do you remember earlier?"

"When Willow interrupted us?" Peeta asks with a giggle.

"Yeah.." I say with a blush. "And do you remember how we agreed we'd finish what we were doing later?"

"I do." Peeta whispers into my ear as he picks me up and carries me to our room.

The rest of the night is a blur.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 692 22
"My name is Peeta Mellark." "I am seventeen years old." "I am in love with Katniss Everdeen" "She betrayed me." "I was in the Hunger Games." "I've be...
117K 4K 30
Katniss is going home after 3 years, waiting for District 12 to be rebuilt. Her mother committed suicide a week after Prim died. Katniss was alone. T...
5K 112 17
- "You know i love games...i always win sweetheart." π™π™π™š 𝙃π™ͺπ™£π™œπ™šπ™§ π™‚π™–π™’π™šπ™¨ 𝙗𝙀𝙀𝙠 π™€π™£π™š 𝙖𝙙𝙖π™₯π™©π™–π™©π™žπ™€π™£! - π™¬π™π™šπ™£ π˜Όπ™‘π™žπ™˜π™š π™ˆπ™€οΏ½...
9K 161 11
Peeta's and Katniss' life after the uprising. Do they get their happily ever after? *** "You don't see it do you?" He pauses and brushes some of my...