It's Complicated

By QueenAquarius11

Can you be in love with more the one person? When Jacei reconnects with an old friend from high school, she... More

All rights reserved
one
two-move
three-work
four-game night
five-Chillin
Seven-the meet up
eight-just business
nine-the set up
ten-Regret
eleven-To New Beginnings
thirteen-lost and found
twelve-Mother
Fourteen-party time

six-getting settled

10 1 0
By QueenAquarius11

Patricia in media

"A little to the left....wait no to the right...a little more perfect" Miles and his brother Noah were hanging up a antiques painting that was my grandmothers. While me and his other brother Aariz stood in front of it making sure it was perfect.

Patricia and her little cousin Alice were finishing up the girlie touches to my place, putting flowers in vases, putting nic-nacs on the shelves, getting my bed room in order and fluffing the throw pillows.

Josh was in the kitchen putting together the table, Miles, Noah and Aariz went in to help while me and the girls sat on the new gray couches Josh got for me. He furnished my whole place, It was just my style simple and artisy just like me. I was very grateful, I spent the last of my money paying the security, and my books I'll need for school.

We sat on the couch looking around at the work we've done. "This turned out really nice thank you guys so much" I cooed bring them in for a hug.

"I wana join!" Noah exclamed running over pushing Tricia out the way. Pressing his face to mine super hard. "Damn okay boy I'm glad you helped to."

Miles was the oldest Noah was the middle child and Aariz was the baby. Me being closer to Miles and Noah because we were all around the same age and Aariz did his own thing. Noah always followed me around like a love sick puppy when he was younger. Offering to help me with everything and always tagging along with Miles and I. I wanted siblings so I couldn't be mean to him and turn him away.

Aariz and I had a on again off again relationship. I helped out a lot when he was born, he was like my son. But by the time he got to be nine I was 18 and moved out. That broke his heart and he stopped talking to me for some time. But he got over it and we were close but not that close.

Miles stayed in our home town helping his mom. While Noah went to school at Co. Green about a hour and a half away. An Aariz was accepted to a school for gifted children in NY. He was pushed up in his grades and graduated early at 15. The school was like a college pretty much for the teen around his age that graduated early.

"Damn little Noah still love him some Jacei" Ezrah said laughing while joining us in the living room with Miles and Josh close behind. "Miles ain't wife her so she's bae" he cheesed playfully putting his arm around my waist and pulling me closer.

Everyone just kinda laughed and Josh scratched the back of his head awkwardly. I noticed he wasn't laughing and I knew with us getting more serious, he felt uncomfortable when people joked about how me and Miles should date.

"Lightin' up bruh, she's all yours. my bro ain't even worried about her like that. Just don't fuck her over or you'll have all us to worry about" Aariz added patting him on the back heading towards the kitchen.

With the tention in the room I took Aariz lead. "Hey so after all this hard work lets get some food.. pizza anyone" I said heading in after him while everyone talked among them selves.

I grabbed the house phone and called down stairs, telling him my order and him saying it will be an hour. The phone almost fell to the floor because Aariz strted sniffling and hugging me out of no where.

"They gave me a few months off of school, Miles said mama's getting worse". He sniffled into my sweater as I rubbed his back comforting him. "I know. I just found out last week" he looked up at me surprised.

"You didn't know"? He asked wiping his eyes with the back of his hand, stepping back leaning into the counter.

"Nope, I had to curse out Noah and Miles for hiding it from me. If I knew what was going on I would of came back sooner" "Oh, I thought you just didn't care about us any more". He said with his head down.

They kept mama's cancer away from me, and my abusive relationship from him. He wasn't aware that Chance was keeping me away against my will. An so that made Aariz think I didn't love them anymore, while mama, Noah and Miles knew the truth.

I opened my arms and he stepped back in them. "There was things going on, that you didn't have to worry about. But I'm not going any where it will be like old times".

I reasured him and he smiled, " Come bro ham" I said in a goofy voice and he gave me one of his ' please stop' looks " I love you so much" " I love you too".

I missed family time like this. They were all busy with there own lives and I was in my situation, I'm glad we can get together like this. I'm just sad its for a unhappy reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat around eating the chicken wigs, pizza, carrot sticks and soda. Laughing and remasing, we all had the day off Noah and Aariz were back for a little while. Thing's were just so fun and care free.

"You remember back in tenth we bought those Twinkie and walked around in the snow" Miles said " Oh shit, yeah and they were stale as hell and we made snow balls out of them!! We broke that persons car window?"

I said cracking up and finishing the memory. "You guy's seriously did that, your a bad ass like me girl" Josh added playfully bumping into me while everyone laughed at the story.

"You guy's did some crazy stuff growing up" Ezrah said braking the laughter. We glanced at each other and smiled "We have." Our eye contact was cut by the ringing of my phone. I politely excused myself and went in my bedroom admiring the decor. I looked down at my phone and didn't recognize the number. I awnserd the call but as soon as I did it was disconnected. I tried it again but it went straight to voice mail.

Shrugging my shoulders I left the room, heading back to everyone. "Hey gyul I'm going to head out, Ezrah wants to show me something" I gave her the eyebrow, knowing what he wanted to show her. I hope she's not that stupid to fall for it, they've been talking for the last few weeks so I guess you never know.

She packed up and I said my goodbyes to the three of them. Josh came and gave me a kiss on the cheek saying he had a late appointment and would text me later tonight. That left my three favorite boy's.

"So you guys wanna do a movie night?" I questioned "Love to but I'm going out with my niggas, I need some female company" holding my chest like I was hurt. " I thought I was bae?" "I love yoou" he said and I retuned it and he left. I went to Netflix and put on The Wolf Of Wall street.

We sat around catching up with Aariz, he was doing good in school, happy to be home snd had a little girlfriend. I was getting ready to open my mouth but he stoped me. "Nope nope not the talk Ill be in your room." I looked at Miles in awe like how did Aariz even know I was going to try to have 'the talk ' with him. "How did he even know" I asked Miles "Your his big sister. He already knew it was coming" he chuckled.

It got quite for a good thirty minutes before Em layed his head in my lap. " Twist my dreads" he demanded and I slapped his head playfully. "Can I get a please" " please" he hummed and I proceeded to get to his hair, while he nuzzled his face into my stomach and I got butterflies.

"Ain't you happy that the knuckle heads are back. Hate to admit it but I missed havin' them around kinda" "Kinda you know you love their annoying asses" I giggled.

" So you and Josh are for real" I stopped twisting his hair "relax ma it's just a question damn". We were getting pretty serious, we were hanging out more then normal like a real couple, not just fwb, it was nice.

" I mean thing's have gotten more serious but were not together yet" he remained silent and nodded "What happened to Destin"?

Destin and I didn't click how I wanted us to. So I just text him from time to time to see what's up. To many things were happening to fast, I didn't have time to get to know someone new. Well at least not in the way I wanted to.

"We didn't vibe like I thought" I said with a shrug and he just nodded and we went on to something else. As the night got late he crashed on the couch and I bunked with Aariz.

~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting in my first class witch was art something I was good at and Josh beged me to take. This was my third week and things were going good. The class was almost over, my teacher was finishing up explaining what is exspected of me for the year. When she finished her lecture my phone began to viberait. She let me go and I picked it up while wondering the halls for my second class.

"Hello" I asked with caution in my voice, all these strange numbers have been calling and texting me. " So you just gona bounce on a nigga like that?" My heart begain to race as my anxiety set in. how did he get my new number? we were over for good he kicked me out, I packed my bags so why is he calling me??

" You know I got eyes on you Jacei, you and that Josh guy are too close for my comfort you need to come home".

I was comtiplating on calling Miles but I didnt want the two to go at it again. I agreed to met up with him and talk, because I knew if I didnt there would be hell to pay.

Gathering my books from my back pack I sat down in business and got ready to take notes. The letucer was going smoothly for the first ten minutes until the door opened abruptly. " Your main man is in the building" " Mathews please be quite and take your seat". The teacher yelled.

I laughed at Destin as he pimp walked over to the seat next to me " So you must be the calss clown" I giggled as he got out his note book and pen. " you bet your sweet ass I am", I just shook my head and continued glancing at the bord taking notes.

"So why haven't you invited me to your new place yet you know as 'friends'" he said enfecising 'friends'. We were cool but not that cool, but I guess it couldn't hurt, " Well you can come today if you want we can work on this thises paper Mr Jackson was telling us about" he shook his head in agreement and we made plans for 6 pm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miles was waiting on the couch when I got home. I texted him earlier to meet me home so I can tell him in person whats going on. He embraced me tightly and search my face for a clue of what could be going on.

" So whats up ma whats going on" he took my purse and hung it on the hook by the door and joined me on the couch. " He called after class this morning" he scrunched up his face in confusion "Chance Miles damn Chance"!! I yelled standing up off the couch pacing a hole in the floor.

"I don't want to go back Em, things are going really good. I'm finally on track". " You don't have to unless you want to. Even if you want to I wont let you. you got people that love you why cant you see you don't need him yo" he said getting agitated.

He was right, I had friends and family that loved me, that could help. But I didn't want to put them in harms way.. The only reason Chance didn't kill Miles when they got into a fight last year, was because he was my only family.

" So what did he say" Miles asked braking my connotation, " He pretty much said he has people watching me and he wants me back home" "You think Josh would set you up"? he asked in all seriousness.

"No Em he has real love for me a.." " Real love my ass" Miles mumbled I asked him to repeat himself but he told me to continue. " But anyway I told him I would meet up with him to see what he wants" at this point Em just tuned me out. I already knew that it was stupid of me to say that but what else could I do?

I snapped my fingers in front of Ems phone then grabbed it out his hands. " Um hello nigga can I get some help" he gave me a dirty look and reached for his phone but I pulled back " No, you can't we keep helping you and you keep going back. I'm the main one here for you but your hard headed ass don't listen". I nodded my head getting where he was coming from.

He would always take my advice but I never took his. Talking to me some of the time was like talking to a brick wall, and I see how frustrating that would get. Mama seemed to be getting better, and her cancer was in rimition for now. So I know Ems had a lot on his plate, so I decided I would handle this myself and just find away so no one gets hurt including myself.

" I'm sorry. Your right, I got this , I just wanted your opinion. Hows mama"? ........" If you sure you got this I believe you, just keep me posted and I got you. and mamas good she's eating again and getting stronger with each day, she misses you though" I nodded and though of all the good times we've had " I don't have class tomorrow so after my meeting Ill drop by okay"?

I said giving him a reassuring smile that he returned. Something seemed different in his eyes but I couldn't put my finger on it. He said okay and was about to head out, " You sure you good here by yo self? I can hang and eat all ya food if you want" He cheesed. " Nah man I'm good Ill text you before I knock out".

He agreed and we hugged, I went to kiss his cheek and he did the same but our lips met instead. I felt a spark but just brushed if off as embarrassment. He was going to say something but left it alone and left out. Good thing too I had to clean up before Destin came.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

896 21 19
Ironically the one time Brielle tries to commit to a man for the long haul, he both cheats on her, rips open a terribly deep emotional wound and leav...
3K 74 21
How does someone fall out of love and then fall back in love with another person in just the span of two weeks? Ask George, he did it. **** WARNING...
88.6K 1.5K 73
Their fathers do business together. He & her older brother work side by side as the youngest multi billionaires in the world. Their mothers are bes...
His Rose By Odessey

Teen Fiction

127 13 12
Adina Rose Brooks was a pretty basic girl. She got good grades, had a great group of friends, and lived a basic American life. Nothing was out of the...