How To Save A Life(Greys Anat...

By mc_cassie

My name is Aviana Parker. Or so everyone thinks. I am an intern at Seattle Grace Hospital. I will attempt to... More

My First Day at Seattle Grace
007
Stressed? Absolutely.
A Date With Jackson Avery
Regrets
And Your Point Is?
You Win Or Lose
No More
Ana's Angel
Addiction
A Cup Of Coffee Will Do. Thanks
Cuddles and Coffee
Cupcakes and Crickets
The Phone. The Phone is Ringing.
THATS IT!! WE'RE HAVING A GODDAMN POWWOW
Morning Sickness Sucks
Night Time Confessions
What The Hell Is Up With All These Psychos
Some Things Never Change
A Train Wreck? Yeah, That's What I Am
I'm Thankful That I'm Out Of That Hospital Bed
Can We Not?
Silence! I Kill You!!
My Babies
Mark
For The Record, I'm Not Sorry
Goodbye
Sneak Peak/Epilouge: I'm Back
You Know..

You Have A Phone For A Reason

4.8K 86 17
By mc_cassie

"Jackson. You're back." Three words escaped my mouth that I never believed would come out. Well, I guess I was wrong. He opened his arms then stated, "Well here I am. I'm surprised you haven't murdered me yet. After I called you the Intern Slut, I-I don't know. It... Turned my stomach inside and out."

I cringed at the memory then replied sarcastically,"Yes, of course. How could I forget that dreadful day when my ex-boyfriend called me an intern slut? Oh right. I can't." He frowned and stated,"Look. I came here to redeem myself. I understand I hurt you-"

"Understatment of the year goes to Jackson Avery." I mumbled sassily before he continues to speak.

"And I really just wanted to say sorry."

I blinked a few times before I lost my temper,"You are unbelievable! You want to apologize? Great, start using your phone. You have one for a reason. Ugh, you are cold, and heartless, and only care for yourself! I hate you! I hate you, I hate you,I hate you!"

He took my verbal abuse with a calm exterior, as I screamed my head off at him,"I hate you! Go away, go die in a ho-"

He leaped to his feet and shoved me into the locker before smashing his lips into mine. I fought against his kiss as he muttered,"You talk way too much."

I slowly melted into his kiss as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him further down. He chuckled and asked,"So you really want to have angry sex?"

"Shut up." I snarled, yanking his lab coat off. He pulled off my own coat then stripped me of my scrubs before flashing a devious grin.

After the Nitty Gritty:

"I still hate you." I declared as I pulled my hair back. He chuckled and replied,"I'd be disappointed if you didn't."

"You never told me the real reason why you came back." He laughed then answered,"I owed someone a favor on a surgery. That Annie Connors chick, I'm helping on that surgery and I figured I might as well try and mend our relationship. Or, what's left of it."

"Its not like I cheated on you, Jackson. It was just some dumb kiss and I wasn't even the one who kissed him."

"It didn't look that way from my angle." he stated sassily. I yanked on my coat then snapped,"I don't have time for arguing. Bailey is probably looking for me."

No sooner did the words leave my mouth, my pager beeped, and I quickly glanced down to see where I was being drug to.

I looked up and said,"Look, I'll talk to you after my shift. We'll meet at that little coffee shop and chit chat. Sound good?" He nodded and I begun to walk away when he quickly pressed his lips to mine in a swift kiss before he murmured,"Have a great day saving lives, Dr. Parker."

I rushed out of the room and down the steps before I exited the stairwell, only to crash into someone.

"Oh, my bloody God, could I please stop crashing into people," a feminine voice demanded, with a British accent. I looked up as I rubbed my now aching head from where I collided with the stranger.

"So sorry, love. I was rushing to find my resident." she apologized swiftly, as she handed me my fallen files. I brushed it of and replied,"The same to you. Listen, I'd love to chat, but I gotta dash. See you around,I guess."

I cut the chat short and rushed off, glancing desperately for a solution( or better yet, an excuse) for why I was late to get to Bailey. Well, I find my answer pretty fast compared to other problem and solution cases.

I crashed yet again into another body, this one firmer and harder, more masculine. I groaned then flopped starshaped onto the floor hopelessly, before squinting up to see who I ran into.

"You're hopeless. Aren't you late to find Bailey too?" Derek. I glared at him then stated,"Don't start with me. I just saw an ex and I really don't want to be late." I rushed away before he could even think about asking questions.

I entered Annie's room, where George stood, taking her blood and chatting with her,"How do I know that for sure? If I never ask?"

"What are we asking now?" I asked as I checked Annie's vitals and when her EKG was planned. His cheeks flushed red when Annie replied,"He and I were talking and he mentioned that he has a crush on his roommate. I think it's sweet."

"Aw! Is it Meredith? Or is it Izzie?" I cooed. His little chocolate chip eyes widened before he spluttered out,"No! It's.. um. Well." He let out a nervous laugh then asked,"Can we talk about this over lunch please?" I nodded and agreed before I turned to Annie then questioned, "How are we, Annie? Enjoying that coffee?"

She nodded with a laugh and stated, "Just fine,Dr. Parker." I nodded then said,"Great. Then I will see you after your EKG and in surgery." George and I walked out before he muttered, "What if I told you that I didn't have a crush on either of them?"

I shrugged and answered,"I was just teasing,George. You don't have to tell me who you have a crush on." He nodded, leading us to the cafè, where Meredith, Izzie,Cristina, and Alex sat eating. I burned holes into Alex as I sat beside Izzie then snapped,"Don't you have minions to sit with,Devil Spawn?" He rolled his eyes then stated,"Real clever. But no, I don't."

"Shepherd's a jackass."Meredith stated flatly, sighing. I nodded then agreed,"Amen to that,sister." Izzie turned to glance at us then asked, "Really? I think he's kind of great."

"Great surgeon, a complete jackass outside of the hospital." I replied. Cristina leaned in close then stated, "He reamed her out in front of Bailey." Izzie frowned then questioned,"Why?"

"Cause he's a jackass." Mere and I answered in sync. George shifted uncomfortably then replied,"Oh. Well, bad days are...bad. Maybe tonight, uh, if, you know, if you drink alcohol, I mean, we could all of us, I mean, go out and drink alcohol... because of the bad day." My eyebrows furried in a confused expression as Meredith's pager beeped then she stated,"I got to go."

Alex turned to George then stated, "Dude."

"Shut up." he replied, gritting his teeth.

ANNIE'S SURGERY:

"We need to hang another bag of O-neg." one of the scrub nurses mentioned. Burke nodded then stated, "Cauterizing the small bleeders to keep my visual field clean." George turned to me and asked quietly,"God, is your back killing you?" I glared at him then hissed,"George,we are friends, but I won't hesitate to slit your throat."

"Look at the size of this artery." Burke pointed out, nudging me. Bailey gasped then stated,"My God. It's as thick as a thumb. You ever seen a vessel this size?" Burke shook his head and muttered,"No. This thing's just feeding on all her blood." She nodded and said,"We need more O-negative." The same nurse moved toward the phone and informed them,"I'll call the blood bank."

George stretched, causing the tumor to slip from his hands. Burke glared at the young man then cursed,"Damn it, O'Malley. Do you want me to kill this patient?" My fellow intern shook his head and mumbled,"No, I ...sorry."

"I mean, is the art of retracting just too much for you?" Burke snapped. George glanced over at me but I turned away as he stated, "No, I was, uh...um...I had an itch." I glanced around the room and green eyes caught mine. Jackson raised an eyebrow and his eyes sparkled with mischief.

Derek entered the OR and asked how things were going. Burke sighed in reply then said,"Its more intertwined than the studies made it look." Bailey looked up and spoke to a scrub nurse,"Hang another bag, call the blood bank. We need more O-negative."

"I'm down ten units of blood and I haven't even flipped her yet." Burke informed Shepherd. Der's blue eyes widened in surprise before he stated,"Oh wow. Look at that. Now how am I supposed to get around that artery? All right then. Forceps."

Izzie entered the OR and declared,"Mr. Harper, the post-op heart patient in 2114. I had to open his sternotomy bedside." Everyone whipped around and Burke shouted,"You what?!"

"And yet, I still didn't see that coming," I muttered as everyone else demanded,"What?" Izzie glanced at the floor and informed us all what happened, "He had cardiac tamponade. His chest films were clean this morning. It just... It happened fast. He was in PEA. There was no time."

Burke left when Derek reassured him it would be fine. Suddenly, yelling filled our ears and I realized it was Alex and Izzie. Turned out, Alex hadn't changed out his battery in his pager Izzie stomped on his pager while calling him a hateful, hateful, lazy, arrogant, hateful man.

"Never a dull moment here at Seattle Grace,"Derek and I chirped in sync. No sooner did the words leave our mouths, a blood vessel burst, blood squirting all over Shepherd and Bailey.

"She can't afford to lose this much blood. We need more blood!" Bailey shouted at the scrub nurses.

"Get me some suction here. I can't see why I'm doing. Clamp, clamp,clamp, please. Is there any blood in the rapid infuser?" Derek spoke rapidly.

A scrub nurse answered him, "We're waiting on two units." He raised an eyebrow then demanded,"What do you mean, waiting?"

Quickly, with orders being barked, everyone in the OR moving to save the woman on the table, I made a rash decision.

"Screw it! I'm going to get that blood myself." I exclaimed as I ripped off my blood covered gloves.

"Aviana Raelyn, don't you dare leave this OR,"Derek screamed after me but I did it anyways. I ran into Alex who was carrying the blood and I grabbed them out of his arms before I snarled, "Oh, now you wanna play hero? Well too late now."

I turned on my heel and ended up getting stuck in between people. I shoved past them just not fast enough.

I entered the OR, only to find no one in there. The blood bags fell from my arms, landing on the floor. Annie's body was covered with a white sheet and I knew immediately what that meant.

Guilt bubbled up my throat and I sunk to my knees in defeat. A hand landed on my shoulder and gave it a loose squeeze as he said,"It wasn't your fault. There was nothing much to do for her."

"It doesn't matter! I tried so hard to save her and nothing worked!" I cried out. Jackson pulled me to my feet then gripped my chin in a punishing clasp before he spat, "You didn't kill her. You didn't force her to stay home. Quit blaming yourself. Lets go get you cleaned up and some coffee then we'll sit and cuddle."

I stood my ground but my knees trembled. He pulled me along and I changed out of my scrubs then accepted Jackson's outstretched hand.

As I walked out, I saw Meredith and Derek walking towards his car with a bottle of wine,causing me to shake my head in disappointment.

"What?" Jackson asked, raising an eyebrow. I motioned towards the two and stated,"She's messing with the wrong one."

He frowned then asked,"How would you know that? Did you guys date or something?" I shook my head and replied,"No. He's just.. A friend I've known for a very long time."

Hey guys!! There's the newest chapter!! Sorry for the spelling mistakes because I know there is some. Please comment, vote and share this story!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 8.5K 41
Jade's life had never been perfect and she figured it never would be. A new start in Seattle was just the change she needed, she just wasn't expectin...
24.9K 765 38
Meredith Grey, double board certified surgeon in both neuro and general. She is a child prodigy and has been offered chief at Seattle Grace stealing...
450K 12.1K 47
౨ৎ in which aliya levine begins her third year of surgical residency with overbearing parents, an ex who left her heartbroken, a green eyed rich boy...
678K 18.2K 89
Saving lives is all I wanted to do in life but something harder than a open heart surgery is protecting your own heart. I thought I was strong enough...