Surrender

By cc2casey

#27 in Christ #151 in Spiritual Should we really worry ourselves with being on the worlds "hall of fame?" Do... More

Problem
Dark Horse
Hall Of Fame
Fancy
Human
Gorilla
Jar Of Hearts
Mirror
Grenade
Dont you worry child
Footprints
Shake It Off
Uptown Funk
Good For You
Love is an open door
Honey I'm Good
According To You
Who You Are
Nearly Fatal
News!!!
Verse of the day
She Will Be Loved
Hello!
Verse of the day
Life of the party
Jealous
Verse of the day
Knowing God
Who I Am In Christ (Pt.1)
Who I Am In Christ (Pt.2)
Who I Am In Christ (Pt.3)
It is well
Dear Mama
Verse of the Day
Disconnected
First
Cool Kids
The Lords Prayer
Flashlight
#PrayforParis
Should Christians listen to Fetty Wap?
Music
New
Architecture
Equal opportunity day
Yay! Its Sunday
LOVE
Can You Hold Me
Fruits of the Spirit
Here
Noel
Si Existe
Merry Christmas
Love Comes Down
Misconception?
BIBLE TRIVIA!!! PT. 1
Forever
Uncomfortable
Lukewarm
Memory Verses Top 100
Memory Verse 99
BIBLE TRIVIA!!! PT.2
Memory Verse 98
Prayer
Memory Verse 97
Memory Verse 96
Memory Verse 95
Memory Verse 94
Wake
Child of God
Child Of God 2
Memory Verse 93
Memory Verse 92
Material
Since your love
Jesus Speaking
Awake and Alive
Spirit Of Thankfulness
Memory Verse 91
Let Them See You
Beautiful Life
Send It On
Phillipians 4:19
Samson
Cast Your Cares
Closer
Como Dijiste (As you Said/Promised)
Memory Verse 90
Memory Verse 89
Memory Verse 88
Memory Verse 87
Memory Verse 86
I can't Believe
Here As In Heaven
Grace Like A Wave
O Come To The Altar
Prayer Request
Memory Verse 85
Love Yourself
Memory Verse 84
Must Read
Already Up
"WCW
Journey To Heaven
Something better
Even When It Hurts
Thy Will
Spoken Word
What Is Faith
LovingFatherGrace
Doubt
We're All Lost
We don't belong on the Throne
No Situation Is Hopeless
Forest Fire
Love Yourself Part II
Shoutouts
First Video Ugh!
Peace, Be Still
Youtube Channel
W.A.I.Ting on God
Help! I don't believe in God anymore!
How To Be A Quitter!
How To Be A Quitter 2!
Why Do We Fast?
New
Completed.

Thanksgiving

248 17 1
By cc2casey

Thanksgiving Thoughts
Living a Life of Thanksgiving to the Lord

For God's people, Thanksgiving is far more than a special day on the calendar. The Bible urges us to live a life of thanksgiving each day. Being thankful to God for all of His blessings is truly a mark of the Christian. So let me give you four biblical ways to express your thanksgiving to the Lord at this wonderful season of the year. The base I want to build on is Psalm 100, a song of praise to God as our Creator, Sustainer and Redeemer.

I see at least four ways that Psalm 100 instructs us to praise and worship God. Some may be a little scary to those who are not used to joyously expressing praise, but I encourage you not to be afraid!

1. Don't Be Afraid to Shout Praise to the Lord.
The Bible says, "Make a joyful shout to the LORD" (Ps. 100:1). In the Bible, shouting is associated with great achievement or joy. Joshua told Israel to march around Jericho for six days and on the seventh day to lift a great shout. When they did, the walls fell down (Josh. 6).

When you are thanking and praising God, don't be afraid to be a little loud. God loves to hear our praises, and it will also make you biblical!

2. Don't Be Afraid to Serve the Lord with Gladness.
"Serve the LORD with gladness" (Ps. 100:2). Gladness means mirth, gaiety and happiness. No service to the Lord, whether great or small, should be done grudgingly.

Sincere and true delight in service to God should accompany our words and deeds of worship. When you are serving the Lord, don't be afraid to do it with a glad heart—and don't be afraid to smile!

3. Don't Be Afraid to Come into the Lord's Presence.
"Come before His presence with singing" (Ps. 100:2). God calls us to come into His presence privately each day and together in corporate worship. "Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice" (Ps. 55:17).

It was said of the fledgling New Testament church that they met daily in the temple for teaching from the Word, fellowship, worship and praise. Little wonder that Hebrews 10:25 begs us not to fail to regularly assemble with other believers in thanksgiving, hearing the Word and worship.

4. Don't Be Afraid to Get to Know the Lord.
The rest of Psalm 100:3 says, "Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture" (emphasis added). The psalmist calls the people to recognize and "know" God's words, works and ways.

He wants us to know that He is Jehovah God and we are not, that He is the Creator and we are His creatures and that we are His sheep and He is our Shepherd. The heart-longing of every godly person is to get to know God more intimately.

Let's make it our determination to praise and worship God this holiday season!

I didn't write this, I didn't feel like it today. 😄 It comes from BACKTOTHEBIBLE.ORG

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 920 35
Dani has loved Josh since high school. It started out as a crush, but a senior trip changed their lives forever. Suddenly, they were making a movie a...
4.3K 203 24
This book is for people who want to know who they really are in this life. Everybody might not believe but I am a witness to something great and I wi...
868 199 13
This book attempts to share how to keep being in love with Jesus, and how to make one's relationship with Him stronger. Unlike any other relationship...
628 13 16
You do not have to shrink or hide in this world. You deserve to take up space. You are enough. Who you are is enough. My story is filled with broken...