I think I'm in love with a Ma...

By lollyyypop112

Fanfic Watty Awards winner 2011. Lily Luna Potter is the only daughter of the famous Harry Potter. It's her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 18

73.4K 1K 199
By lollyyypop112

Chapter 18 - A Christmas to remember.

Vote

Comment

ENJOY

Lily's POV

"It's Lorcan, som- something happened. He's at St. Mungos..." Lysander whispered.

"What happened?" I asked. This could not be happening...no way.

"Well, what do you think happened?" He snapped.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Scorpius muttered through gritted teeth.

"Shh Scorpius, it's okay." I said. "What happened to him Lysander?"

"He was on holiday, skiing, with mum and dad. He was out on his own and he we-, went past a couple of death eaters insulting your family and he defended you. But they got in a dual and one of them stabbed him..."

You would think after Voldemorts death, all the death eaters would have gone into hiding. But no, there were still a few groups of them around, hoping that he would return again like the first time.

"But he's going to be okay right? I mean it's only a stab wound." I said confused.

"It was a cursed blade."

I felt everything go in slow motion. "If it's a cursed blade- that means..." I chocked out.

"Is this some sort of sick joke or something?" I heard Scorpius. His voice sounded muffled, I only recognised it as his voice because his chest vibrated against my back as he talked.

Lysander looked as if he was ready for a fight with Scorpius. "Why would I joke about that shit? He's my brother" he spat.

"Well you didn't think of it that way when you were trying to attack your 'brothers' girlfriend last night." Scorpius said.

"Oh, you can talk!" Lysander challenged.

"I'm not his brother!"

"STOP!" I shouted. My head felt dizzy and I probably would have fallen to the floor if Scorpius hadn't been holding me. "Lorcan's hurt and...for all we know he might be dead." I gulped. "We need to go now. Not fight."

"Lily, how do you know it's not a trap?"

"It's not a trap Scorpius." I said with a sigh. "Look come and see for youself, I don't care but we need to go!" I said taking his hand and pulling him. My hand was sweaty. Nice Lily, nice. But Scorpius didn't say anything, just trailed beside me silently. How can today have gone from being a perfect Christmas to this?

Lysander was practically jogging down the hall until he came to a halt, then disappeared into a room on the left. We followed quickly. I really felt as if I was going to be sick. I mean, what if he was dead? Because of me? If he wasn't my boyfriend, he would be less likely to defend my name...but he was, and the thing was I wasn't even respecting it. I was fooling around with the guy who was currently standing behind me.

Was this karma or payback or something?

Professor McGonagall was standing in the room beside a rusty old teapot. She was looking weary, not at all her usual self. I'm not surprised, I don't think she expected this on Christmas morning. I definitely wasn't.

"Yes Mr Scamander,Miss Potter...Mr Malfoy?" I didn't really hear what she was saying. I was too busy shaking. We needed to go!

"The portkey has been set up to take you straight to St Mungo's, so you should get there quickly. I'm so sorry..."

What did that mean? She was sorry? Oh lord, did that mean he was dead?

But the teapot was glowing slightly which meant it was about to leave. I quickly placed my hand on it, not even saying goodbye to Scorpius.

We landed with a soft thud on a hard floor. I blinked away the moisture that had gathered in my eyes and found myself looking at not four feet, but six. I glanced up and jumped slightly when I saw that Scorpius had come with us. Lysander was still throwing him evil glares.

"Why did you come with us?" I asked. I mean surely he wouldn't want to see me crying over some other guy would he?

"Because, I want to make sure you're okay, Lily." He said giving a small smile, he flicked his hair out of his eyes. Just the smallest of mannerisms, yet it made him look so gorgeous...

WHAT THE HELL? How can you be thinking that when Lorcan's-

"Lily," Scorpius was waving a hand in front of my face. "Lysander's gone, don't you want to follow him?" I looked around confused, sure enough he had hurried out of the room rather quick.

I power walked out into the hall and was blinded by the white floors and white walls of the hospital. I could see Lysander marching down the hall then turning into a room on the left. I could feel my heartbeat in my ears, threatening to burst my eardrums as I swallowed the bile rising in my throat.

I hurried after him and turned into the ward for Serious Spell Damage Injuries. I stopped suddenly seeing the bed. And my heart sank. He was there yes, he was lying on the bed. But his eyes were closed, like he was sleeping. He looked...I blinked back the tears...he looked like he was dead. But if he was, why was he still here?

Lysander was sitting in a chair with his head in his hands. Luna, their mother was floating, well not literally, but flouncing about wide eyed, her eyes glistening with tears whereas their father, Rolf was bent over his son muttering something.

I ran over too them and enveloped my godmother in a hug sobbing against her shoulder. "Is he dead?" I whispered.

She shook her head ever so slightly. "No."

I felt a weight lifted off of me...but then her next words crushed it back down again. "Not yet."

I let go off her, wiping the tears from my face. I could vaguely see Scorpius standing silently at the entrance to the ward. I walked past him and went and sat on the edge of the bed. Rolf looked up and nodded to me then went to comfort his wife. I bent over Lorcan.

"Hey Lorc?? Wake up for me? Please..."

I had no reply.

"It's only a silly knife. They were just scared of you. I mean you're the best wizard I know at spells, apart from Albus, but he doesn't really count. Come on wake up. For me?"

I kissed his nose lightly and smoothed his blond hair away from his forehead. Why do I have a thing for blond guys?

"You can pull through this...I know you can." I whispered as I planted another kiss on his forehead, my voice wobbling slightly. He wouldn't wake up. It was a cursed blade...he was lucky to not have died on the spot. My father had told me about them...the house elf that saved him when he was about to die was killed by a cursed blade. I suppose that Lorcan was quite a lot bigger than a house elf, so maybe that's why he was still....barely alive.

I knew what I had to do. No matter how much I didn't want too, I had too. Too respect what he had done for me.

I pulled away and stood up walking towards Scorpius. He held out one hand and I took it gratefully and stepped into his wide arms, my head resting in the crook of his neck. I didn't want to leave. I felt safe. But I had too...I pulled away. No one had noticed the little exchange between us. They were all consumed with grief.

I gently pulled Scopius' arm out into the hall.

"Are you okay Lily?" He looked at me, his eye's piercing into me, making what I was about to do even worse. "He's going to pull through this."

I shook my head, droplets falling silently down my cheeks. He noticed and tried to hug me again but I pushed him away shaking my head. I could see the hurt on his face. "We can't do this." I bit my lip, blinking the tears away. I needed to do this, not burst out crying.

"Do what?" he asked, his eye's clouded over in confusion.

"I can't do...us." I gestured between us, tears still freefalling.

"No, Lily. We can...shit...is this about him. Do you think I set them on him or something?" his face darkened.

I shook my head furiously. "Of course not. I would never think that! It's just....It's my fault that he's dying. If he-we weren't together he wouldn't have felt compelled to do that then maybe he would still be alive!"

"Lily, don't be silly. I'm not your boyfriend and I would do the exact same thing! So would all your friends if they had any good in them."

"Oh yeah, the Malfoy boy standing up for the Potter name? Yeah right? What's your daddy gonna say?" I mocked him. My cheeks felt wet. I felt bad saying all these things but I had too. Make him hate me...it would be easier to stay away from him.

"Who gives a crap about what he says?" Scorpius argued. Damn this boy was stubborn.

"Just go away Scorpius, I don't need you here."

"Did I miss something? A minute ago you were fine with me being here."

"I. Don't. Need. You. Here." I said, venom dripping from every word. "I. Don't. Want. You. Here." I could see every word hit him like a bullet gone straight through his heart. "Don't you see, how weird this is right now?"

Scorpius furrowed his brows and frowned. "Why are you being like this Lily?" he asked defeatedly.

Oh crap, he said my name like it was the most special name in the world. But I couldn't let it get to me.

"Because he was my boyfriend. The best anyone could ask for. But obviously I wanted more, and there you came, with all your witty flirty comments. And I fell for it. And then how do I repay him on his deathbed? By fooling around with you? I'm sure he'll be very happy about that!" I started sobbing not really knowing what I was saying. "The least I can do is to stop seeing you. Forget about you. And for that to happen I need you to hate me." My voice broke.

"I could never hate you Lily. What are you even talking about? This isn't your fault." He moved forward slightly.

"Please Scorpius." I was pressed up against the wall. I was trapped if he decided to move any closer.

"Lily- you can't blame yourself for this-"

"Please leave." I squeezed my eyes shut. If I saw the hurt on his face I might just forget what I was supposed to be doing and leap into his arms.

I could feel him move closer. And then soft pressure against my skin as he lightly kissed my forehead. "I'll never hate you Lily." He repeated his words from before.

Then I felt something tugging at my collar. What the hell was he doing? I was determined not to open my eyes though. He was too close. Before I knew what happened he pressed something soft and silky into my hand and closed my fingers around it. "You'll know what to do."

Then he was gone. His warm presence was no longer there and I felt a cool breeze against my face. I opened my eyes and looked around the ward. People were busying themselves up and down the corridor, levitating trays of food...controlling runaway carts of medical instruments. But Scorpius was nowhere in sight.

I looked at my hand and opened my fist. Inside was the satin pouch that he gave me this morning. And inside that was....of course!

Scorpius' POV

I walked away. I wanted to go curse a chicken or something but unfortunately there were no chickens around so I settled for punching a wall as soon as I got round the corner.

Ouchh. Damn those tiles are hard things. Good job I'm in a fucking hospital.

Stupid! Why did I let her go? I mean I only just got her...now I've lost her. I mean, does somebody up there hate me or something? Is this payback for all the times I've dumped a girl? If it was, that was a stupid system...you hear me? Stupid.

If I found those death eaters I was gonna murder them for messing it up between us. It was their fault we were in this situation. As soon as Lysander said Lorcan was hurt I knew that she wouldn't break up with him. She wouldn't want to make his hurt any worse. Because she's unfortunately nice like that. One of her best yet most annoying qualities.

But now, he was....almost dead, and she blamed herself and was now beating herself up about the fact that we were having a thing whilst Lorcan was getting stabbed. I'm not going to lie, she was right about one thing. This whole situation was a bit fucked up.

I couldn't stand to see her so upset so I did the only thing I could think of and placed the vial of that potion in her hand.

But if the potion didn't work? I mean like I had said to her earlier, it had only been proven to work minor miracles...or wishes if you like. What if it didn't make dead people come alive?... Well I was fucked.

I punched the wall again. A small crack appeared in the white tile. Now my fist was throbbing. What was that spell again? Who cares your in a hospital, go find someone.

I started wondering through the wards looking for a healer.

Why did I let her go? I kept asking myself over and over again.

In the end I came to one conclusion.

I cared about her too much. I wasn't lying when I said that I would do anything for her. I would. She asked me to leave, so I did. Maybe if she was in better condition I would have put up a fight, but she looked so sad, I couldn't make the pain any worse. What was that saying...if you love something, you have to let it go. Or something along those lines. Yeah great, now I'm apparently in love with her...

Was I?

In love with her?

Why did I keep asking myself all these questions?

Was I in love with Lily Potter?

Dundundun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's gonna happen?

Anyway Happy Birthday belaboos! I hope you had/have a great day =D Sorry about the sad chapter though but it had to be put in somewhere :L

Can you guys also check out Hollywood97's fanfic called Deception. HarryxHermione :) It's pretty awesome

Anyway

Next upload: Sunday 7th August.

Love

Ali <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.3K 1.1K 20
(Completed) Iris and Harry live with the Dursleys' together. Harry sleeps in the cupboard under the stairs. Iris sleeps in the basement with the mice...
24K 1.5K 52
**COMPLETED** Cover made by @siriusblackisgreat Co-written by @famdomtrash24000 •Strong Language •Homophobic Slurs •Physical Abuse ~Includes use and...
219K 5.4K 76
Rose Weasley has always been the top of her class. She got it from her mum, the pure determination to soak in all the information that she learned be...
120K 4.9K 42
This story takes place AFTER the Cursed Child. Scorpius is in love with Rose, he's been love struck since the day he met her. He loved everything...