Bad Boy Benefits

By oxwallflowerxo

#1 in Popular 29th March 2020 #1 in Teen Romance 19th Oct 2019 & September 08 2020 #1 in Bad Boy on 17th Oct... More

BEFORE YOU READ
AUTHORS NOTES
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4) EDITED MAY 2020
(5)
(6)
(7)
(7.25)
(7.50)
( 8 )
(9)
(10)
( 11 )
(12) EDITED NOV'019
(13) EDITED DEC 2019
(14)
(15)
(16)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
Book Cover Vote
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
(38)
(39)
(40) EDITED NOV '19
(41)
(42)
(43)
(44)
(45)
(46)
(47)
(48)
(49)
(50)
(51)
(52)
Bonus Dinner Scene
(53)
(54)
(55)
(56)
(57)
(58)
(59)
(60)
(61)
BRODY WHO?
(62)
(63)
A TRIBUTE TO THE FIRST MAN I EVER LOVED.
(64)
(65)
(66)
(67)
(68)
(69) Epilogue
AUTHOR UPDATE
COVER HELP

(17)

73.3K 1.8K 1.1K
By oxwallflowerxo

Song Above: Christopher Nolan - Yxng Bane

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"Are you trying to yank my arm off?" I shrugged Brody's iron grip off my wrist and stopped in my tracks crossing my arms over my chest as I stared at him in annoyance.

After I said I'd rather die than go anywhere with him, he decided the best option was to use force and drag me to the bottom of his football pitch sized garden.

After checking my limbs were still intact, I squinted in the darkness to make out his silhouette.

He stopped short as he reached a tall fence and turned on his heel to face me, a smirk forming on his face.

"Ready to climb?" He said it as more of a statement rather than a question and my eyes widened at the realization of his words.

"Fuck that," I scoffed shaking my head rapidly at the idea of climbing that large fence. I was intent on living if I'm honest. I felt a gust of wind slice into my flesh and I shivered to wrap my arms around my frame.

"Stop being such a pussy," He sighed, a lace of annoyance in his tone as he patiently waited for me to give in to his demand.

Was the boy mentally insane?

How could he not see that one, I was small and could barely reach the top of the fence and even if I attempted to I would end up in a crumpled mess on the floor with god knows how many broken bones.

And two, I had no idea what lurked behind that fence. For all, I knew Brody could have planned all of this and the other side were riddled with murderous alligators that would eat a small brunette like me without a second thought.

"Nope," I immaturely stomped my foot on the ground and scowled when Brody rolled his eyes.

"Just stop being annoying Jones, I need to show you something,"

"If it's your dick, I've seen it remember? And it wasn't anything special," I bit my lip to stop the smirk forming on my face when I saw Brody's eyes darken and his jaw flex.

I loved pressing his buttons. If it were a sport I'd win Gold.

He sucked in a breath through his teeth " I distinctly remember you screaming my name, can't have been that bad could it?"

I felt my breath hitch in my throat and the blush form on my face at the truth of his words. I shouldn't have brought up our past sexual relations, I would loose in that category.

Brody was mind-blowing in that department, years of being a man-whore paid off.

"Whatever," I muttered darting my eyes to the ground in the hope he could not see the blush on my face in the darkness of the garden.

"Now are you going to come with me or not?" He moaned the patience in his voice wavering.

"Are you going to kill me?"

"Only if you piss me off,"

"That's not very reassuring,"

"I'm not going to kill you, Jones," He sighed running his hands through his dark brown locks causing the strays to stick out at different angles. It surprisingly suited him. 

"Okay," I groaned waving my hands in defeat. I felt a chill run up my spine when Brody's pink lips formed a grin. I questioned whether I should have agreed to go with him. It couldn't have been good if Brody Jackson was smiling.

"Come here," He moved his hand out, gesturing for me to grab it and I stared at it for a while hesitating before I held it.

He entwined his fingers with mine and I tried to ignore the warmth that surged through me at his touch and focused my attention on the bloody fence towering over me.

"I'm going to lift you up,"

Before I could protest I felt his strong hands hold onto my waist and I squealed as he used all his strength to lift me up into the air. I flung my feet around as panic surged through me and I heard Brody curse vigorously under his breath.

"Keep your fucking legs still," He hissed as he dodged my right foot flailing around. I ignored him as I struggled in his grasp desperately wishing I was attached to the ground. I think I used every curse word known to man in those past five minutes.

"Hold onto the top of the fence" He demanded the frustration evident in his voice. I quickly glanced at the edge of the fence directly in my line of sight. I sucked in a shaky breath and reached out, gripping hold of the top of the wood so tightly my knuckles turned white. I gritted my teeth when I felt something prick my skin causing a sharp pain to course through me and I knew for sure that was a  splinter.

"What do I do now?" I exclaimed vaguely aware that my butt was now pushed in Brody's face.

I really hoped I didn't fart from fear.

"Push your weight up and move over the fence, the drop isn't as high as this one,"

"Are you sure?" I said warily, my heart beating louder in my chest at the unknown. I felt my upper lip begin to sweat and I was sure in a second I would pee myself.

"I'm sure Ivy,"

I felt my insides melt at the softness in his voice and it was enough to give me the confidence to use all my upper body strength and pull myself up over the top of the fence.

When the realization of what I had done washed over me and I squinted my eyes shut holding my breath as I expected my body to be crushed amongst the ground but when I met a soft landing I let out the breath I had been holding. I began to kiss the ground passionately mentally thanking it for its existence. Luckily someone had placed a mattress on the other side and I assumed it was Brody.

Shortly after Brody joined me, an amused and concern expression embedding his features as he watched me sprawled across the ground.

"You okay Jones?" He laughed nervously and I knew he was questioning my sanity. I had lost it climbing that deadly fence.

"I'm fine," I mumbled squishing the grass between my fingers as I tried to relax the rapid beating of my heart. We were silent for a few moments and I was grateful that he didn't insult me for being petrified of the height.

When my breathing return to a normal pace I slowly sat up and glanced up at Brody to find he was no longer there.

Realizing he'd disappeared, I shot up onto my feet my eyes dancing around my surroundings in search of that annoying mop of brown hair.

"Brody?" I called in the darkness feeling that familiar edge of panic seeping into my voice. Another sharp wave of wind sliced through me and I clung onto my arms, rubbing my palm up and down them to produce some heat.

As my eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness I could see my surroundings more clearly.

The first image that caught my eye was the water that spread vastly across the ground before me. I noticed the serenity of the lake, with the quiet stillness all around, even the regularly loud insects were at peace. The moon above in its full splendor lit up the night sky and cascaded light, its shimmering reflection casting a silvery sparkle on the still waters.

I stood still enchanted by the beauty of it unaware of the presence behind me until I felt their body press against mine.

"Amazing isn't it?" Brody's hot breath fanned against my ear and I shivered in response. I slowly titled my head to look up at him and found him staring ahead of me, lost in his own thoughts.

"Do you come here a lot?" I said quietly soaking in the distant look in his eyes. He slowly nodded not daring to tear his eyes away from the lake.

I desperately wanted to know the thoughts that troubled him. I could see them consuming his mind causing pain and I wanted to help. I wanted to make his suffering disappear locking it up and throwing away the key. 

It was only later that I learned why I felt that way.

Quickly Brody shook his head snapping out of his daze and glanced down at me, that familiar devilish smirk masking his features.

"You ready for a swim?"

I opened my mouth to curse and protest that to hell I would go in the water but found myself silenced when I was flung over Brody's shoulder. I heard his feet crunch against the grass as he descended closer to the shore.

"I will kill you," I threatened to slam my fists repeatedly against his back. I let out a loud growl when I realized my punches were hopeless against his toned muscle. I heard him chuckle which vibrated through his body causing warmth to seep through me at the effect.

My breath hitched in my throat when he came to an abrupt standstill. I could distinctly hear the water swaying carelessly against the surface and prayed to the heavens that he was joking about going swimming.

I was soon enough granted the answer when I felt all the air gush out of my lungs when my body impacted against the freezing cold liquid.

Every inch of my body froze and I gasped for oxygen as I waved my arms in the air trying to keep my head above the water. I slowly stood up realizing I wasn't in that deep and found that my clothes clung eagerly to my skin. 

I shivered rapidly, my teeth chattering as I wrapped my arms around my body sending a death glare at a hysterical Brody stood a few feet before me. He was bent over grasping his stomach as loud laughs escaped his throat.

"This was so funny," I said sarcastically my voice shaking due to the cold.

"It was," He breathed regaining himself and slowly standing up wiping away the tears from his eyes.

"You are a giant tit," I growled rubbing my hair away from my face aggressively. I spluttered as a few of them got caught on my lip. Brody just wanted me with amusement in his features.

Because of this moron, I was going to get sick.

He moved his attention from my face to my attire slowly soaking in the wet t-shirt that clung to my chest and I flushed a deep red when I saw my breasts were on full display underneath the fabric. I quickly wrapped my arms around my chest and Brody snapped his eyes up to my face a strange look masking his features.

When he noticed I was staring back he quickly darted his eyes to floor clearing his throat with a cough.  I decided this distraction was a perfect moment to get my revenge so I slowly brought my hands back and with all my strength sent a wave of water towards Brody.

In a matter of seconds, his body dripped with water and he glared at me intently a look of anger boiling behind his eyes.

"You twat" He growled and I laughed at the fact he resembled a drowned rat.

"Shouldn't have thrown me in the water and not expected payback bitch,"

"Run," He threatened to take a menacing step forward and I gulped from the deadly look in his eyes.

This wasn't a joke.

I was going to die.

And all I could do was run like a bitch.

•*•*•*

I lay floating carelessly on my back as I stared up at the night sky, marveling in the perfection of the stars, each special in their own way. I no longer felt the cold of the water beneath me since I'd spent the majority of the time-fighting Brody amongst it, trying to keep my head above the water as he repeatedly tried to drown me.

I wasn't kidding when I said he was going to kill me.

I tilted my head to the side catching the sight of Brody floating silently beside me, staring up at the stars with that same distant look from earlier that I couldn't distinguish. I found myself opening my mouth unable to form the words to ask him what was wrong. I was afraid he would shut me down.

Noticing my stares boring into the side of his face he slowly turned to face me, his expression blank. I felt my stomach twist at the sight. I was so used to provoking some form of emotion within him that when he was basking in nothing it made me uncomfortable. I didn't like the walls he built with the intent on pushing everyone and everything away.

"You have a red mark on your head," I noted gesturing to the patch of red forming on his forehead from where I had slapped him for attempting to kill me.

I felt my heart flutter when his eyes softened and his lips curled up into a smirk.

"You hit hard, you know?,"

"I had to learn to keep jerks like you away," I teased and a soft laugh escaped him as he turned his head back to face the stars.

His eyes flickered around the sky before he sucked in a deep breath and spoke "I come here a lot when I can't sleep, it reminds me of my Mom,"

I held my breath at the sadness seeping in his tone, there was so much despair and hurt cowering in his words that it took my breath away. Part of me was pleased he found the strength to confide in me. I so used to despise him that I hadn't realized there was a reason behind his behavior. The boy carried the weight of the world upon his shoulders and it was crushing him.

He took my silence as a sign to continue "She found this place when I was younger, in the summer we would come down here and have picnics in the sun, it was one of my favorite memories," He let out a sigh, "And then when she died my dad built this house right next to the lake so she would always be near,"

"That's lovely,"

Was all I could say. I'd never heard him speak about his mom before. It was kind of an unspoken rule to not bring it up. I knew I didn't want to speak about my dad. I felt privileged that he was comfortable enough to open up to me. It was a side of him I'd never seen and I quite liked it.

"He hasn't been down here in years though since he married Lisa,"

"My mom barely goes into my dads study anymore," I wanted to take the words back.

What was I doing? This wasn't therapy. I shouldn't be telling him anything at all.

I heard him go quiet for a while before he spoke again, "It's hard isn't it? Watching them move on with their lives as if they never existed,"

"Tell me about it," I mumbled.

"She'll always exist to me,"

A sad smile crept on his lips and I subconsciously reached a hand out and placed it on his arm. His skin was warm and soft.

I watched him look down and stare at my hand for a couple of seconds. He looked conflicted and I thought he might shrug it off but then he surprised me. He relaxed and skimmed his fingers across my knuckle, then further up to my hand and he stopped by my wrist. I felt him gently caress my skin and I felt my heart flutter against my chest.

Damn heart what are you doing?

I quickly retracted my hand and held it against my chest. He didn't say anything which I was glad for.

After all, wasn't he dating Rose?

I was yet to speak to her since she was too consumed by Brody to even notice my presence. She didn't even question why I was at his house. I think she assumed I was with Ryan, which was partly true, just not in the way she thought.

"Are you with Rose?" I choked the words out and felt my stomach sink when he quickly shut his eyes. His face hardened and his hand instantly moved away from mine. My fingers were still tingling from his touch and I brought them to my chest.

He glanced up at the sky, his jaw tightening "We are seeing each other yes,"

I internally winced at his words and sucked in a harsh breath trying to calm my unsteady breathing.

The thought of them together hurt, a lot.

"Good for you," I wanted to hit myself for sounding sour. I wasn't supposed to be affected by this information. I should have been happy for my best friend.

"She's nice and pretty hot," He muttered and I held my fists tightly to my side to stop the images of them together swirling around my head. It made me nauseous.

"She's great," I grounded my teeth together knowing I sounded like a jealous idiot.

Maybe I was?

Catching onto my sudden change in mood I felt Brody's stare burn into the side of my face and I resisted the urge to look at him. If I did he would see everything I desperately tried to keep hidden.

"We kissed," He breathed an uncertainty in his voice.

I coldly nodded my head afraid if I spoke I would cry.

Since speaking to Ryan and spending the past few hours alone with Brody I realized in fact I did share a special feeling for him. One that I could not explain nor did I want to. I knew it was unhealthy and would only cause me pain, especially since now he was with my best friend.

He was a forbidden fruit I would not get the pleasure of tasting and it hurt.

I knew I didn't love him. I didn't think that was possible. But I felt something stronger than just attraction and I hated it.

"I think we should try and avoid being alone together," Brody's voice broke through my internal battle and I raised a brow.

"What do you mean?"

"We've had a past, a sexual one and since now I'm kind of with Rose it's best we didn't get ourselves in stupid situations,"

Meaning our kiss.

Meaning he thought our kiss was stupid.

I felt a fire burn in the pit of my stomach and I jolted up from my floating position to land on my feet.

"Well if it was stupid. Why did you do it?"

He was standing now, the water pooling around his waist. I couldn't see his expression clearly due to the darkness. I only heard his voice soft and barely a whisper, "I don't know,"

"Why are you with her Brody? You never noticed Rose before. Why the sudden interest now?" The words were out of my mouth before I had a chance to stop them.

He let out an agitated sigh, "Why not? Rose likes me, I'm attracted to her. It's not as if I'm waiting for anyone else,"

I'm not waiting for anyone else. I let his words sink to my chest and for a moment we were silent. Just the sounds of our harsh breaths moulding into one.

What I said next caused his breath to hitch in his throat and mine to leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

"Yeah you are right. It was stupid for us to kiss. It won't happen again,"

Without a glance in his direction, I stormed out of the water, the cold wind wrapping around my frame and suffocating me. I ignored his distant calls and continued to walk my body shaking rapidly with anger.

He felt nothing in that kiss. Just like he felt nothing when we had slept together.

But he felt something with Rose, hence why he had decided to date her. I was merely nothing in compassion to her. Of course, he would never consider me when I was constantly hovering in her shadow. She was Rose Gibbons, the amazing Rose Gibbons and I was Ivy Jones, a dull girl with a dull life.

Well, fuck you, Brody.

And fuck you, Rose.

I'm not someone you easily dismiss.

I will get back up and show you who the real Ivy Jones is.

Question: So what do you think of this chapter?

PLEASE comment it really helps me move forward and know where I stand with my readers.

Comment. Vote. Love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 471 37
Simone is your typical, boring hoodie and jeans girl. But her life gets interesting after her twin sister dies in a car accident and she meets a hand...
345K 7.9K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
859K 28.9K 34
"Your mouth may say you hate me," he whispered, "But your hands...they say otherwise." His eyebrows raised pointedly at my touch on his chest, face w...
87.5K 4.4K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...