Memory Loss

By kati-bella

Bella woke up in a hospital room with no recollection of her past. Then one day when she's walking down a hos... More

Memory Loss Chapter 1
Memory Loss Chaper 2
Memory Loss Chapter 3
Memory Loss Chaper 4
Memory Loss Chapter 5
Memory Loss Chapter 6
Memory Loss Chapter 7
Memory Loss Chapter 8
Memory Loss Chapter 9
Memory Loss Chapter 10
Memory Loss Chapter 11
Memory Loss Chapter 13
Memory Loss Chapter 14
Memory Loss Chapter 15
Memory Loss Chapter 16
Memory Loss Chapter 17
Memory Loss Chapter 18
Memory Loss Chapter 19
Memory Loss Chapter 20
Memory Loss Chapter 21
Memory Loss Chapter 22
Memory Loss Chapter 23
Memory Loss Chapter 24
Memory Loss Chapter 25
Memory Loss Chapter 26
Memory Loss Chapter 27

Memory Loss Chapter 12

667 14 15
By kati-bella

Chapter 12

"Damen what are we going to do!" My worst fear was coming true.

"Just act like a doctor." He whispered. But I could hear the fear in his voice slipping through anyways.

"How would I know how to act like a doctor? Just because I was around them for a while doesn't mean I know how to act like one!" Like how did he expect me to know this? He's been around hospitals apparently so if anything, he knows how and should tell me how to. And now would be a good time, but I know this is just my panic talking and I will just have to try and follow along with whatever he does so we hopefully will not be caught and in serious trouble.

The person who caught use came out of the shadows and into the light. I looked like...no it couldn't be? Doctor Tyler? Does he ever go home? Its bloody 2AM, why in the world is he here? It's not like this hospital is busy.

"Nurses why are you here so late?" He said with a questioning look on his face as he got closer and closer to us. I'm still frozen in place with my heart now beating ten times faster. All I can think is that he can't get to close to us, last thing we need is him recognizing us.

Damen takes a quick look at me and sees that I'm frozen to this spot and cannot speak right now, so he takes the lead in talking. "We were checking on that Bella girl to make sure she was ready for tomorrow." As Damen spoke, I was able to muster out a simple nod in agreement. Afraid that he would recognize me if I talked.

"Ahh and is she all ready for tomorrow?" He stops coming towards us as we gave information only a staff member could possibly know about, especially since I'm told nothing here. Hearing the confirmation from Tyler's voice sends a shock through both Damen and I, I know he's thinking what I am. That the nurse was correct, and just how important it is to get out of here now.

"Why yes I think she is finally ready! Anyways, we should be leaving now. Have to get some sleep, I know I will if you know what I mean." Damen says with a half laugh and giving a wink towards Tyler. Oh, he's good at this believable nurse doctor acting stuff. Thank God he doesn't freeze up like me, yet another thing I can add to the list of The Great Attributes of Damen... as much as I just thought that as a joke, that would be hilarious to make and give as a gift to him. Mental note taken.

They both laughed as if they both knew what Damen was talking about.... Wait... Damen! How could he think like that! Making a sex joke like that! But naturally of course, Damen is smooth and figured out the perfect thing to say that had Tyler satisfied and started walking back in the direction that he came from.

We wave over our heads and half jog to the front doors, and just before we got through the door of the exit, I turn and say, "bye doctor Tyler." My eyes opened wide when I see Tyler spin 180 on his heels and stare directly at me.

"Bella?! Is that you?" Oh fuck! I blew it for us now... I was right all along to just keep my mouth shut for this exact worry

"RUNNN!!!" Damen and I both screamed at the same time. We both ran out of the doors while holding hands. Of course, he was faster than me so he kind of dragged me a bit, but I didn't fall... well at least not yet that is. I could hear Tyler behind us in the hospital yelling and telling everyone to find me at all costs but to cause no harm to me. He didn't say no harm will come to Damen however, he specifically said no harm to the girl. They can't hurt Damen, I just found him. I can't lose something else in my life...especially him.

We let go of each other's hands and Damen told me to run up ahead of us so he could keep a look out better behind us as we ran. We're running on the side of the road now. So, we can see everything around that can come towards us. All that was on my mind was to run and not stop until I found something that can get us out of here; a bus, heck even a car, or anything that could take us far away from here and fast.

I stopped hearing Damen behind me; maybe he tripped, so I decided to slow down, but not stop. We couldn't stop. Suddenly a van went flying past by me on the road. I saw a lot of those the other day when Damen and I went out. Maybe being on the side of the road running wasn't the smartest plan, so I step onto the sidewalk. Damen must be further behind than I thought, so I decide I have enough time to catch my breath for a couple minutes. I had made it away from the busy hustle and bustling part of town and was near the beginning of a trail that went through a bunch of trees.

A couple minutes pass, but he never came into sight. Extremely worried I start to spin around to see where in the hell he could be?! I start to panic, so I head back in the direction that I was running from...but I couldn't find him. Where's Damen! I was crying now and screaming "Damen! Damen! Where are you! Damen, I need you where are you!" And that's when I broke down on the grass by the tree line and started to bawl my eyes out. I just sat there, not moving, just crying. That's when it happened, I started to tip over onto my left side and onto the grass to lay down when I fall through the tree line and bushes and into the mini forest, I guess you could call it. Damen was gone, but where is he? I could hear the odd person walking by and animals scurrying in the trees and on the ground around me, unsure what to do I decide to get up and walk deeper into the forest. Maybe Damen fell into the forest too? Did I maybe miss him pass me since my only focus was to run and not stop? That's it, he just can't find his way out. It's the only thing I can say to myself to stop myself from crying. I need to figure out what to do, and having blurry tear-filled eyes isn't going to help anything.

I'm walking straight until I'm met with a fallen tree in my path that is too tall for me to safely climb over, so the only way to keep going forward is to go around it. It felt like time was moving so slowly right now when I finally got to the beginning of the tree trunk so I could continue my path. I tripped on one of the roots, but I don't care I haven't seen Damen and I have no idea what to do. My head hurts, I think I may have hit it on the tree or the ground when I tripped. Maybe I'll just take a little rest here...

*** Dream Land ***

I'm back in the meadow again. I can't figure out what's so special about this place, but it's the place where my mind feels at peace and safe. Looking around the meadow I notice that it isn't autumn here anymore. What is with the altering weather in this place? Is it to do with my mood? My past? My thoughts? All I know is that the last time I was here, Damen was also here with me before he came and rescued me from the hospital.

It's winter in my dream land meadow place. And once again the snow is everywhere except for around where I am, but this time I'm standing in the spot, and I'm wearing an off-white dress with light blue lace. There's a ribbon around my waist that's tied in the back, and my hair is styled and curled in a strange way. As I'm looking down and inspecting everything that is strange and different about this time here, out from the woods came Damen. He was in an elegant white dress shirt and black pants, along with a tie that matched the colour of ribbon on my dress. He looked spectacular! Suddenly I could hear the beginning of a piano play, and I think I know this song... it's Clair De Lune. It's such a calming song. Damen walked up and greeted me with a bow and his arm outstretched towards me.

"Would you care to dance my lady?" He said with a smile that melted my heart.

"I would love to." I said following his lead and giving him a curtsying.

I don't want to wake up from this dream, it's too perfect. We danced and danced around for what felt like hours. If I do ever wake from this dream and find Damen, I hope I get to dance with him for real, but this was still beautiful. His arms were snug around my waist, and I was as close as you can possibly get to a human. I can hear his heartbeat, and I'm sure he can hear mine to. They were beating in sync again. Boom...Boom Boom....Boom...Boom Boom. Is it silly to think that we were made for each other?

I never want to leave this boy, ever, and I knew that if I awake, I'd have to deal with losing him. Maybe not today, but eventually we lose everyone to death. I remember someone told me once, not sure who, that death is certain, and life is not. Thinking of that makes me want to stay here in this dream land for as long as I can, grasping onto this moment.

As I'm dancing with Damen I think I hear someone telling me to wake up, but I'm just so peaceful here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 78 58
His warm hand stays at my back and I can feel his body keep me close. I nod and listen to his heart again. Worry suddenly starts to ruin this beautif...
49.5K 1.2K 10
Four years have passed since twenty-four year old Bella Swan broke up with her fiancé of six months. After dating Edward Cullen for three years, the...
274 3 13
The story is about a couple who are involved in a car accident because of a serious fight with each other when they are heading to somewhere. They we...
128K 3.4K 26
-Sequel to Broken- Emily has finally come out of her coma. She made it through the hell she called high school and is on her way to college. When she...