Finally With You Again (Nalu)

By anime-hell

Natsu and Lucy were best friends when they were younger. But something happened. Lucy started drifting away f... More

Chapter One- Lucy Heartfilia
Chapter two- Natsu!?
Chapter three- Old friends and Smoke
Chapter four-School
Chapter five- Necklace?
Chapter seven- I'm a secret ninja
Chapter eight- Video Games? Video Games.
Chapter nine- How 'bout that dance?
Chapter ten- Mysterious letters and blood
Chapter eleven- I buy a dress
Chapter twelve- Cheesy
Chapter thirteen- Cars, cake, and cats
Chapter fourteen-Popular?
Chapter fifteen- Winner
Chapter sixteen- Is it true?
Chapter seventeen- Mira's visit
Chapter eighteen- Thanksgiving
Chapter nineteen- Operation: Make Gajeel happy
Chapter twenty- Mom and Dad
Chapter twenty one- Where is everyone?
Chapter twenty two-At a party
Chapter twenty three- I love you
Chapter twenty four- Happy Birthday, Lucy
Chapter twenty five- Who was she?
Chapter twenty six- I trusted her
Chapter twenty seven-Merry Christmas, Lucy
Chapter twenty eight-Fires and Goodbyes
Untitled Part 29- Natsu's decision
Chapter thirty-Surprise
Chapter thirty one- A Christmas to remember
Chapter thirty two- Perfect Balance
Chapter thirty three- Dinner
Chapter thirty four- Igneel
Chapter thirty five- I do
Chapter thirty six- The resort
Chapter thirty seven- New People
Chapter thirty eight- My surprise
Chapter thirty nine- Surprise!
Chapter forty- You'll have to wait
Chapter forty one- Happy Birthday
A/N
Hey guys!
!!

Chapter six- Today is that day!

2K 50 13
By anime-hell

Natsu's pov

I sat down in the car next to Lucy, and looked at her. I refused to look away, and she continued avoiding eye contact. 

   "Natsu, just go wait in the apartment with them."

   "No. Why did you bring them here?"

   "Because they're my...friends."

She hesitated before finishing, with no emotion in her voice. I don't know why, but she's hiding something from me. 

   "Please. Just wait inside. I'll be back soon."

I opened the door and slowly stood.

   "Fine."

Lucy's pov

He shut the door, and walked back inside, all the girls going crazy. But there was on one girl who stared at me until I drove away. She shook her head before walking inside and shutting the door. This is going to be a looong night. 

After getting some drinks, I left and drove back to the apartment. When I opened the door, I seen them all running into my room, going through my things. Natsu stood at my doorway, attempting to get them out.

   "Hey!"

I threw the bag on the ground and ran into my room.

   "What are you doing!"

   "Just looking."

   "Well, stop!"

   "Why?"

   "Because! This is invading my privacy! Get out!"

I started shoving them all out, then slamming the door shut behind me.

   "My room is off limits!"

They rolled their eyes and whispered, causing my anger to grow. 

   "Well that's fine. We were about to leave anyways."

As they walked out the door, one leaned in and whispered in my ear. 

   "Tell Natsu anything, and you can say goodbye to your precious necklace."

I swallowed hard and watched as she left the room. What is up with her?! What makes her think she has the right to do this! I will get that back, and I won't be their little slave. 

   "Luce."

   "Yea?"

   "I already know they're not your friends. But if you don't want to tell me why, that's fine."

He left me standing alone in the room, with nothing but my thoughts. I let out a groan before walking in my room and shutting the door. 

~~~

The sound of my alarm went off the next morning, and I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed. I got up, and knocked on Natsu's door.

   "Hey, Natsu?"

   "Yea?"

   "I'll give you a ride to school, but I'm staying home today."

His door opened, and he looked at me with concern. 

   "Why? Something wrong?"

   "I don't feel good. Let me know when you're ready."

I laid back down, waiting for his signal to leave. He eventually came and got me, and I drove him to school and back. After laying back down, I went back to sleep, hoping to make time pass. 

~~~

As my eyes slowly opened, the sun was beaming down on my face. I sat up, yawned, and walked out into the kitchen to make food. As I got the supplies out to make a a bowl of cereal, my eyes landed on the clock. '3:02'. I dropped the cereal box and ran for the door, grabbing my keys along the way. I was suppose to pick him up a hour ago! I raced down the road, eventually pulling into the parking lot. I ran out of the car, and looked around. I couldn't find him anywhere.

   "Look who it is!"

I turned to find the last people I wanted to see.

   "What do you want?"

   "We're going to take Natsu home. He's in the gym right now, not that it's really any of your concern."

   "And what if he doesn't want to ride with you?"

   "Oh he will."

They all laughed as they walked away. I got back in my car, and drove home. I feel bad for him. I just left him there with those lunatics. 

Natsu's pov

I stood at the window, watching Lucy and those girls talk. They laughed at her while walking away, and she got in the car and drove off. They walked into the school, stopped when they seen me, and squealed. 

   "Oh my gosh!"

   "Look, its Natsu!"

One girl walked up, looked me up and down, then smiled. 

   "Hello, Natsu. My name's Vivian. We'll be driving you home today."

   "Uhh...why?"

   "Lucy said she didn't want you in her car anymore. She says it grosses her out even being close to you."

Did Luce say all those things?

   "Right...well, I don't need a ride. I'll walk."

I began leaving the school when someone grabbed my arm. 

   "Come on, Natsu. We are more that happy too-"

   "I said I don't need a ride."

After pulling my arm away, I left a shocked and surprised looking girl behind me. I meant what I said, I was going to walk home. It took about a half hour, but I finally made it back. I walked inside, and went to check on Lucy. 

   "I'm home!"

No reply.

   "Hey, Luce!"

No reply.

   "Lucy? Where are you?"

   "I'm in my room. What do you want?"

   "Nothing, I guess..."

She seemed so distant. Could those girls really have meant what they said? I don't care. I walked into her room, and seen her hugging a pillow, blankets thrown off the bed. 

   "Uhh...Lucy?"

   "What?"

   "Feeling any better?"

   "No."

   "I can take you out to eat, if you want."

   "I'm okay."

   "You sure?"

   "Yea."

I sighed and left her alone in the room. I just want to know what's wrong. 

Lucy's pov

I wanted to say yes to Natsu, but I knew if Vivian and all her friends seen us, I'd really be in trouble. I sighed and stared at the wall.

   "Should I tell him what's going on?...Maybe he can help..."

I thought about it for about an hour, then made my decision. I'm going to. I got up out of bed, walked to Natsu's room, and opened the door. 

   "I have to talk to you."

He looked up from his phone, then moved over to give me a place to sit. 

   "What's up?"

   "Well...Its a long story."

I explained everything, leaving out the part about which necklace it was. 

   "We'll get your necklace back. I have an idea."

I smiled in happiness, before throwing my arms around him. 

   "Thank you so much!"

Realizing what I did, I let go of him, and looked away, a small blush appearing on my face. I cleared my throat, and and looked back at him. 

   "So, what's your plan?"

   "Tell Vivian I want to take her out. I'll take her back to her place, and try and get the necklace back. Okay?"

   "Yes! Yes, yes, yes! Oh my gosh Natsu, thank you! When do you want to do it?"

He smiled at me, and went into thought. 

   "Tomorrow. It'll Friday tomorrow, so I won't have to worry about time."

I jumped off the bed, and started doing a happy dance. Natsu is a life saver! I lov- Wait, what? I shook the thought away as I ran back to my room. I wasn't able to get any sleep that night. When I woke up the next morning, I jumped out of bed and got ready as fast as possible. When I finished, I banged on his door and yelled his name. 

   "Natsu! Come on, get up, get up!"

I threw hid door open and ran to his bed side. 

   "Come on sleepy head!"

   "Ugghh. Five more minutes."

He groaned and rolled over, but I wasn't ready to give up. Thinking fast, I ran to the kitchen and filled up a bowl with cold water. Running back to his room, I dumped the water him, and he shot off the bed faster than I could blink. 

   "What was that for!? That was really cold!"

   "Come on Natsu, get ready! Today's the day!" 

I ran out of his room, leaving him to get ready. A few minutes later, we left, and I couldn't be more happy. My first three hours went by quickly, and now it was time for lunch. I started walking down the hallway, when someone grabbed me and ripped me back.

   "Lucy."

   'Ahh! Vivian! Just the girl I wanted to see!"

She had her group of girls behind her, all looking entertained and curious. She gave me a questioning look, before nodding. 

   "What is it?"

   "Well, I should probably tell you this in private."

She gave another nod, before walking a few feet away with me. 

   "What do you want. Make it quick."

   "Natsu wanted me to ask you if you'd go on a date with him."

Her face got brighter, a large smile on her face. 

   "Really!? When? Where? What time?"

   "Tonight. He said he would take you to dinner around seven."

   "Oh my god! Yes! Tell him yes!"

She ran off, probably telling her friends the great news. I started walking down the hallway again, when another person stopped me. 

   "Luce."

   "Yes?"

   "Why don't you come sit with us at lunch?"

   "Oh...well I'm not really su-"

   "Come ooon."

   "Natsu, that's the popular table. People would find it strange for me to sit there."

   "Who cares? Come onn."

He continued pleading before I agreed. I only said yes because he was doing me a favor. I ended up sitting in between Erza and Mira. 

   "Hey Lucy!"

   "Hey."

   "You look happy. What's going on?"

   "Nothing."

Natsu sat down across from me, and Mira got another evil grin on her face. 

   "So, Natsu."

   "Hmm?"

He continued stuffing his face with food, not wasting a single moment.

   "When is your guy's first date going to be?"

I choked on my water, and Natsu hacked up some of the sub he was just eating. 

   "What?"

   "You heard me! When's the first date!? You guys are living together."

   "I fail to see how living together has anything to do with dating. You are the school matchmaker, but I don't need love advice."        

It was true, Mira was known as the best matchmaker in the entire school. In fact, everyone had their title. Erza was known as the Queen of Fairies (Where that came from, I have no idea), and everyone also sees her as the scariest person around her. Gray is known as Ice boy, but that's probably because Natsu, always calling him Ice Princess. I can see why though, Gray has never been effected by the cold, and he's always stripping. Lisanna never really got a name, but everyone sees her as the loving little sister of of the great Mira. Don't even get me started with Elfman. Everyone sees him as the manliest guy around here. Probably because that's all he ever talks about. Then there's Cana. She's the famous drinker, and has never lost a game of cards. Ever. Everyone says Gajeel is as tough as iron, and Lauxas, who is as dangerous as lightning. Though, I think he can actually be pretty sweet. Now we have Wendy, who is the smartest one here. She got to skip two grades when we were younger, which is why she is in our grade. Somehow she got herself the nickname 'sky dragon'. Again, I have no idea where it came from, but she is amazing when it comes to healing people. She knows home made remedies, and things that could make the healing process faster. If I remember correctly, she even made her own medicine once. We also have Juvia. Everyone thinks she some kind of water goddess, because whenever she cries, it rains.  Lastly, there's Natsu. He has so many nicknames, its almost hard to keep track of them all. Not only is he known for being the hottest boy here, but he is the most popular. I'm sure if Levy was still here, she would have something along the lines of bookworm...she never stopped reading. I let out a sigh, and Natsu continued stuffing his face again. I ate my lunch quietly while everyone chatted and had a good time. I was waiting for today to be over with. 

~~~

The bell for the last class rang, and I jumped out of my seat, running down the hallway to my locker. 

~~~

Not sure if you could tell,but I tried making everyone as simalar as they are in the manga and show.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 4.7K 47
Lucy, the light of Fairy Tail was being bullied by her so called 'Nakamas'. She wasn't bullied by one person who she loved like a brother, Gray. The...
15.2K 417 14
Lucy Heartfillia is daughter of Jude Heartfillia of the Heartfillia company. After years of being bullied because of her money and body, Lucy and her...
224K 4.8K 21
Natsu and Lucy get trapped in a cave and their only way out is to kiss. About a week or so later after their kiss, Natsu starts to ignore Lucy. Lucy...
9.5K 241 18
[𝐑𝐄-𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆] "You deserve a happy ending." ------------------------------------------ Lucy Heartfilia was best friends with Natsu Dragneel...