Finally With You Again (Nalu)

By anime-hell

Natsu and Lucy were best friends when they were younger. But something happened. Lucy started drifting away f... More

Chapter One- Lucy Heartfilia
Chapter two- Natsu!?
Chapter three- Old friends and Smoke
Chapter five- Necklace?
Chapter six- Today is that day!
Chapter seven- I'm a secret ninja
Chapter eight- Video Games? Video Games.
Chapter nine- How 'bout that dance?
Chapter ten- Mysterious letters and blood
Chapter eleven- I buy a dress
Chapter twelve- Cheesy
Chapter thirteen- Cars, cake, and cats
Chapter fourteen-Popular?
Chapter fifteen- Winner
Chapter sixteen- Is it true?
Chapter seventeen- Mira's visit
Chapter eighteen- Thanksgiving
Chapter nineteen- Operation: Make Gajeel happy
Chapter twenty- Mom and Dad
Chapter twenty one- Where is everyone?
Chapter twenty two-At a party
Chapter twenty three- I love you
Chapter twenty four- Happy Birthday, Lucy
Chapter twenty five- Who was she?
Chapter twenty six- I trusted her
Chapter twenty seven-Merry Christmas, Lucy
Chapter twenty eight-Fires and Goodbyes
Untitled Part 29- Natsu's decision
Chapter thirty-Surprise
Chapter thirty one- A Christmas to remember
Chapter thirty two- Perfect Balance
Chapter thirty three- Dinner
Chapter thirty four- Igneel
Chapter thirty five- I do
Chapter thirty six- The resort
Chapter thirty seven- New People
Chapter thirty eight- My surprise
Chapter thirty nine- Surprise!
Chapter forty- You'll have to wait
Chapter forty one- Happy Birthday
A/N
Hey guys!
!!

Chapter four-School

2.6K 61 28
By anime-hell

Lucy's pov

The next morning, I woke to the sunlight hitting my face. I stretched and sat up, before last nights events came flooding back. I looked over at my alarm clock.

   "Its already noon!?"

I got out of bed and opened my door. I noticed Natsu's door was still closed, which means he's probably still sleeping. After walking into the kitchen, I looked at the burned pan and its contents. I let out a sigh and got the kitchen clean. I decided to clean the rest of the house and it took a few hours before everything was done. I had even gotten rid of the burnt smell. Feeling accomplished, I sat down and started my homeowork. Natsu's door started opening, and a tired looking Natsu walked out. 

    "Good morning."

Sarcasm dripped from the words, and Natsu turned to look at me. 

   "Good morning."

   "Its not even morning, Natsu!"

His eyes shot open and faced me.

   "What time is it!?"

   "It's a little past three, why?"

   "I told Lisanna I would meet her at four!"

He ran back into his room and started getting ready. Why was he meeting Lisanna? I shook the thought away and started working. A few minutes later, I heard a knock from my door. I looked up to see Natsu standing there, dressed with his hair combed. 

    "What?"

   "I was wondering if you could give me a ride?"

   "Natsu, I'm trying to do homework. Why would you make plans if you had no way of getting there?"

   "I'm sorry! Please?"

He started pouting and I felt like I had to say yes.

   "Fine. Lets go."

He got excited and ran for the door. Following him, I got in the car, and started driving. 

   "So where am I taking you?"

   "The movies."

   "And will you have a ride home?"

   "I will if you come get me."

I let out a grunt, and looked at him for a moment. 

   "Natsu!"

   "Aww, come on, Luce! Please!"

   "Fine! I'll be here at six thirty. That should give you enough time to watch the movie, okay? If you're not outside when I get here, I'm leaving."

He gave me a silent nod as I pulled in next to the theater. He got out, and I seen Lisanna waiting. For some reason, I didn't want him to go with her. I watched as they walked in, and disappeared from the window. I drove away and headed back for the apartment. A couple of hours went by, and I started feeling like I was forgetting something. 

   "Its really...quiet...Natsu!"

I looked at the clock, and read '7:13'. 

   "Oh crap."

I ran out the door, and sped down to the theater as fast as I could. When I pulled in, I seen a bored Natsu leaning against the wall. I stopped the car and got out, running over to him. 

   "I'm really sorry! I started doing homework, and then forgot about the ti-"

   "Calm down! The movie just ended a half hour ago. I haven't been out here very long."

I sighed in relief and gave a small shrug. 

   "Well next time say that!"

He nodded and we both headed home. Neither of us said anything for the rest of the night, and I just bought dinner. I finished my homework around ten, and laid down. I still feel upset thinking about Natsu going with Lisanna for some reason, and I can't figure out why. 

~~~

My alarm went off the next morning, and I slowly got out of bed. I had brushed my teeth, and gotten dressed when I remembered Natsu. Without thinking, I walked into his room to wake him. 

   "Hey Natsu-"

I opened my eyes, and seen him awake, already getting dressed. My face started turning red, and I ran out of his room, slamming the door. 

   "Natsu, I'm really sorry!"

He walked out, and gave me a awkward smile. 

   "Don't worry about it. I only had my shirt off, no big deal."

He left and walked into the bathroom. My face was still red after I finished getting ready. 

   "Natsu, its time to go."

   "Okay, just let me get my shoes on." 

We walked out, and got into the car. 

   "Again, sorry for walking in on you."

   "Don't worry about it. Its not a big deal."

I let out a sigh and focused on the road. 

   "Hey Luce, why are you wearing a baggy sweatshirt? And your hair is even messy...I thought that's just how you dressed on the weekends."

I shot him a glare and he started looking nervous. 

   "Well excuse me for not wearing clothes that outline every last thing on my body, pounds of makeup, and having my hair all done! I'm sure you'll see plenty of that surrounding you at school!"

The words were like venom coming from my mouth. 

   "R-right, sorry."

I let out yet another sigh, and pulled up to the school. Natsu got out of the car, and was instantly surrounded by girls. 

   "Natsu, you look great!"

   "I love your scarf!"

   "Natsu, I missed you so much!"

I stepped out of the car, and shut the door, getting many looks from all the girls. 

   "Who's that?"

   "Why is Natsu with her?"

   "My Natsu better not be dating her."

Natsu looked at me and gave me a nervous smile. I started walking away, only to be tripped by someone. I landed on the ground with a hard 'thud', and dropped all my books. 

   "That's what you get!"

Laughter filled the air, when I felt someone grab my arm, helping me up.

   "You okay, Luce?"

All the laughter stopped, and the tension was so think, you could cut it. 

   "I'm fine."

I reached for my book at the same time Natsu did, and drew my hand back before they touched. I grabbed all my other books, took the one Natsu had, and rushed off. I could feel Natsu looking at me as I left. 

~~~

I sat down in my seat, right as the teacher walked in. Mrs. Evergreen. She walked in and grabbed a pile of papers from her desk before clearing her throat. 

    "Alright, so as I'm sure you all now, today starts a new trimester, which means new schedules. After getting yours, you will head straight to your new classes. Am I clear?"

She started passing everyone's schedules out, and as soon as I got mine, I started reading all my classes. 

1st hour- Mr. Bickslow  Math 

2nd hour- Mr. Gildarts Science

3rd hour- Ms. Minerva English

~Lunch~

4th hour- Mr. Mystogan History/Social Studies

5th hour- Mr. Ichiya  Health 

6th hour- Mrs. Kinana Art

   "Mr. Ichiya? Who's that?"

   "Okay everyone, head to your new classes!"

I grabbed my things and started walking down the hallway when someone called my name. 

   "Hey, Luce!"

   "Natsu? Shouldn't you be headed to class?"

   "Yea. Let me see your schedule. Maybe we have classes together."

He took the paper out of my hands and his face suddenly lit up. 

   "We have five classes together! The only one I don't have with you is...Mr. Ichiya?"

Why is it I can go the past three years without getting a single class with him, then suddenly our schedule is almost the same? That's a coincidence if I've ever seen one.

   "Yea. I've never heard of him."

   "Me either. Maybe he's new?"

   "I'm not sure."

   "Do you want to head to class together?"

   "Sure."

As we walked down the hallway, I had glares coming at me left and right. I could hear people whispering, but decided to ignore it. We walked into the classroom, and the first thing I noticed was the bored. 

   'Everyone has assigned seats. Look for your name on the desks'

I did as told and found mine quickly. I sat down when I noticed the person next to mine. The slip of paper had the one name I didn't want to see. Natsu's. 

    "Hey Luce!"

He sat down at the table and gave me a smile.

    "Well. Isn't this ironic."

He opened his mouth as if to say something, but was interrupted by the teacher.

    "Alright everyone, shut your mouths, and look at me!"

This teacher is rather enthusiastic...and does he have to stick his tongue out? A few moments go bye when something hits my arm. I look down and see a piece of paper. Quietly opening it, I realized it was from Natsu.

   'Hey Luce!'

   'Natsu, pay attention.'

   'But math is really boring.'

   'I know but still.'

   'See! Even you agree! And this teacher is kind weird...'

   'He is...But pay attention!'

   'Aww come on Luce.'

   'Natsu. Seriously stop.'

I shoved the paper back towards him. He let out a silent laugh, and passed it back. 

   'Your cute when your mad.'

My face started heating up when I heard the teacher clear his throat. 

   "Miss Heartfilia, and Mr. Dragneel. What is so important that you need to pass notes in my class for?"

He walked over, and held his hand out to take the note. I slowly placed it in his hand, and he walked to the front of the classroom before reading it out loud. I groaned and laid my head on the desk, just waiting for the last part. After he read it, I could feel every girl in the classroom digging glares into me. 

    "Since you want to talk about how weird the teacher is, and how cute you think each other are, step out into the hall."

I did as told and Natsu followed. Mr. Bickslow shut the door on us. 

   "Heh...Sorry about that."

   "Shut it."

I glared at him when a girl walked out of the room. 

   "Hey you!"

I opened my eyes, to see a angered girl in front of me. 

   "Me?"

   "No stupid, I was talking to the locker. Of course you!"

   "What do you want?"

   "You're going to leave Natsu alone! He's ours. Got that? Ours."

   "Ahh. I got it. I didn't realize he had a owner, but thanks for the info."

   "Ugh! Your sarcasm just makes you more annoying. You'll be sorry you ever even talked to him."

She walked away, stopped when she reached Natsu, blew him a kiss, then walked away. Letting out a long sigh, I slid down the locker till I reached the ground.

   "Heh...Sorry. I don't know what that was about."

Natsu walked over and sat down next to me. 

    "What do you think it was about? It's obviously one of your fan girls trying to get me to stop talking to you. A girl's jealousy is dangerous."

   "Yea..."

It was silent until the bell rang. I got up and started walking for my next class, leaving Natsu behind. This is why I don't talk a lot. You make one wrong move, and your suddenly caught up in the latest drama. The rest of the day went by pretty fast. I got a couple looks from Natsu here and there, but we never really talked. It was now time for my fifth hour class. 

   "I wonder who this teacher is..."

I walked into the class room and almost dropped all my stuff when I see him. He was jumping around the tables, spraying something on himself. I was the first person in the classroom, so he stopped and looked at me. 

   "Ahh."

He jumped next to me and started...smelling me? 

   "What a lovely parfume."

   "Uhh...Thanks."

   "So lovely, you will be sitting in the front of the class."

Great. I sat down and waited for class to get started. When I finally finished the last hour of the day, I walked out of the school as soon as possible. I stopped when I remembered I had to take Natsu home.  I turned around to go find him, but bumped into somebody and fell. When I opened my eyes, I seen the same girl from earlier. 

   "Great..."

   "Ugh! You're stupid and clumsy! I can't believe I touched you, now I have to burn these clothes!"

She got up and walked to her group of friends who all started whispering. I got up and started looking for Natsu, but didn't look far. I found him talking to Erza, Lisanna, and Gray. 

   "Hey Natsu. Lets go."

   "Oh, hey Lucy. I'm sorry for the other day."

   "Its fine. Lets go, Natsu."

He started walking when we were stopped. 

   "How come flame head over here is going with you?"

   "Shut it, Ice Princess! I'm staying with Lucy right now!"

The entire hallway went silent, and I felt like the entire world now hated me. I almost punched him for saying that when I felt a tug on my hair. I was ripped back, and fell to the ground. 

   "What did he just say?"

   "Its none of your business."

I started to get up when I was shoved back down again.

   "No it is my business! What happens to him, is my business!"

She swung her leg back as if to kick me, when a certain red head stopped her. 

   "Enough!"

The girl stopped and walked away.

   "I'm sorry Lucy."

She helped me up, and I got all my stuff. 

   "Its fine. Natsu, if you want a ride, then I suggest you leave. Now."

He nodded his head, and followed me out the door and into the car. 

   "Luce, I'm really sorry."

   "Its fine. I just have to deal with a entire group of jealous fan girls now, but ya know. Its whatever."

I drove us home and went into my room to do homework. Great. Just great. Now my life will consist of nothing but drama. I laid back on my bed and let out a sigh. 

   "I can already tell this is going to be a long week."

~~~

I actually felt bad writing this. I don't even know why. .-. But I figured I would throw Ichiya in there just to lighten the mood XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 197 15
What happens when Natsu finally says that he's going to reveal his feelings for Lucy? What happens when a misunderstanding brings the two Fairy Tail...
139K 3.5K 40
Natsu finds that Lucy has become a 5 year old. He tries to find out who did it and why, as an enemy emerges. Will Natsu return Lucy back to her 17 ye...
64.2K 1.3K 31
Lucy started her new semester at her school. New classmates, new friends, what happened if her personality can't fit in toward new people? She met Na...
2.3K 80 10
Lucy and Natsu have feelings for each other but of course would rather keep it secret to save ruining their friendship. After being convinced by thos...