A Mob Boss's Family (Book 2 O...

By royal888

(Highest Rank: #1 General fiction, 23rd June 2016) This is the second book in the New York Mafia Series and s... More

Prologue
1. His Soul Ripping Apart
2. The Hurtful Nightmare
4. An Ice Cold Close Call
5. Memory Lane
6. Dreaming What She Feared
7. At The Hotel
8. HollyWood Ball (Part 1)
9. HollyWood Ball (Part 2)
10. HollyWood Ball (Part 3)
11. Hollywood Ball (Part 4)
12. HollyWood Ball (Part 5)
13. HollyWood Ball (Part 6)
14. Good Night & Good Luck
15. Loving Feelings
16. Love is in the air & cant breathe sometimes
17. His broken heart
18. Amaranta
19. Battling with love
20. His Troubled Mind
21. Bond Between Brothers (Part 1)
22. Bond Between Brothers (Part 2)
23. An Engaged Couple
24. Pain is Part of Life
25. Mob War Erupts (Part 1)
26. Mob War Erupts (Part 2)
27. Mob War Erupts (Part 3)
28. Mob War Erupts (Part 4)
29. Mob War Erupts ( Part 5)
30. Mob War Erupts (Part 6)
31. Mob War Erupts ( Part 7)
32. Conflicts Of The Mind
33. Allies Stand Together (Part 1)
34. Allies Stand Together (Part2)
35. Heart to Heart Moments
36. Unreadable Minds
37. A Thanksgiving (Part 1)
38. A Thanksgiving (Part 2)
39. A Thanksgiving (Part 3)
40. A Thanksgiving (Part 4)
41. A Thanksgiving (Part 5)
42. A Thanksgiving (Part 6)
43. A Thanksgiving (Part 7)
44. A Thanksgiving (Part 8)
45. A Thanksgiving (Part 9)
46. A Thanksgiving (Part 10)
47. A Thanksgiving (Part 11)
48. A Thanksgiving ( Part 12)
49. A Thanksgiving (Part 13)
50. A Thanksgiving (Part 14)
51. A Thanksgiving (Part 15)
52. A Thanksgiving (Part 16)
53. A Thanksgiving (Part 17)
54. A Thanksgiving ( Part 18)
55. A Thanksgiving (Part 19)
56. A Thanksgiving (Part 20)
57. A Thanksgiving ( Part 21)
58. Flying To The Unknown (Part 1)
59. Flying To The Unknown (Part 2)
60. Flying To The Unknown (Part 3)
61. Meeting His Family
62. His Parents
63. His Uncle's Words
64. His Brother's Conflicts
65. Before Arrivals
66. An Intense Confrontation
67. Enduring His Presence
68. Guests Coming Over
69. Big Occasion
70. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 1)
71. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 2)
72. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 3)
73. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 4)
74. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 5)
75. The Wedding (Part 1)
76. The Wedding (Part 2)
77. The Wedding (Part 3)
Bonus Chapter 1: The Next Morning After Wedding
Bonus Chapter 2: Family Matters

3. A Thoughtful Night Gone Past

23.4K 896 38
By royal888

Adele opened her eyes to the morning light. She looked at the clock on the side table. She had over slept. She couldn't sleep well the previous night since she was deep in thought about how she felt about her relationship with Francesco.

Adele was still as confused as ever. Francesco was a cold blooded criminal who murdered people in his line of work. It was hard to justify a relationship with him even though she did care about him. She was a doctor. Not a criminal. She could never accept his way of life. How could she? She really was feeling uneasy about her knowledge of what Francesco did for a living on daily basis. But what was she to do? She had considered her options and she had come to the conclusion that she either had to run away from Francesco or she had to stand by his side and try hard to change him as Costanzo kept encouraging her to do so. She couldn't see herself to commit to any other options. She couldn't see herself as someone who could become an obedient wife to Francesco and live by his side without questioning his gruesome ways of life. She couldn't look the other way like how Francesco wished for her or could she ever do that? She was scared of thinking too much about this question. Afterall she did feel strongly about Francesco.

Adele had feelings for her childhood love and she couldn't deny it. But she also knew what she felt for Francesco wasn't just love. It was sympathy as well. She truly felt sorry for Francesco. Could she ever abandon him even if she could? She wasn't sure if she could give up on him even if he didn't change his ways. It wasn't his fault that he was born to the Rosarios. His father had forced him to kill when he was nine years old. He was driven to this life. Costanzo wanted her to let Francesco love him and more importantly to try to love him back in order to save Francesco from himself but was it too late? She was not sure. Afterall Francesco was far from changing. He was way too immersed in his life that was based on power, revenge, crime and money.

Adele sighed. She did not want to think too much about this. It was enough that she had lost her sleep over this the previous night.

Adele shook her thoughts away and turned around on the bed to check to see if Francesco was awake too and they could possibly go to breakfast. But she found the space next to her on the bed empty. Francesco was most likely on his morning run or was he? He could be busy doing what he was doing all day yesterday for all she knew. Even though he had told her, he was leaving the rest of the work to his men that day, she couldn't be sure that he wasn't somewhere on the compound torturing or killing someone at that moment. She shuddered at the thought. She got up and walked to her wardrobe, picked some clothes and went to bathroom to get ready for breakfast.

As Adele dressed up and left the bathroom, she heard a knock on the door and Antonio's apologetic voice was heard asking to come in. Adele murmured " come in."

Adele raised an eyebrow as she saw Antonio keeping the door open for guards to bring multiple boxes inside. She just stared at Antonio with her mouth open silently. There were so many boxes.

As the guards left she spoke " Good morning Antonio. Where is Francesco? And what are these boxes ."

Antonio looked very tired but he managed a smile as he closed the door " Good morning Adele. That's an improvement. You are asking about Francesco. The last time I dropped by, I remember you asked where Costanzo was. I am pleased to see that you ask for your man now." He then chuckled " What? Its true..... As for the boxes, they are gifts from Hollywood designers. They have sent you some designs based on the measurements they took from you and what Francesco described to them as his ideal clothes. You see these people would do anything to avoid meeting Francesco. He had told them he would drop by their offices today but they don't want that. They sent the clothes over while hoping he won't show up to see them later today."

Adele spoke " I don't need all these boxes of clothes. Its too many. This is crazy......" She then sighed "But you still haven't told me where Francesco is.... Is Francesco still..... Is he still busy with ..... ...." She then bit her lip.

Antonio spoke " Torturing and Killing people ? No. He made a quick work of most of it yesterday. He was up till past midnight finishing off most of the work. He was very angry and when he is in a bad mood he uses too much force. It didn't help you didn't touch your dinner. He was even more furious after that and went on to massacre who ever he was meant to kill in the most gruesome ways. Lucky are those that are dealt with Francesco's men today. They missed out on the pleasure of experiencing Francesco's wrath fortunately for them." At hearing this Adele covered her mouth.

Antonio rolled his eyes "That's life here. Get used to it. Messing with a Rosario is no joke. But don't worry. It's not your fault that Francesco was acting cold and blood thirsty yesterday. You could have helped calm him down but you failed and Angelo had to sleep in the freezer room for an hour."

Adele gasped in horror " What? Francesco did that to Angelo? ....."

Antonio spoke " I told you that Francesco was angry. But don't worry about him. He would have been there till dawn but I got him out without Francesco's knowledge. Afterall I owe you for helping Costanzo and Georgina. I was wrong about you. You are alright."

Adele was shaking her head ". But I made him angry. It's all my fault...."

Antonio walked to Adele " It's not your fault. It never was. It is my poor choice of words that makes you feel this way. Don't feel guilty. Please. Maybe I missed the obvious part. It's not you. It's Francesco's issues about his mother that has driven him to great fury this time. My father is at fault for using his mother's freedom as a reward to make Francesco commit to a large scale unnecessary revenge mission for his father's assassination. Francesco spent hours torturing, interrogating and killing many souls connected to the assassins. For what? Paulo is very much alive. Those assassins wasted bullets. Now don't look so horrified. Francesco is calmer now. I don't know it's got something to do with you saying good night to him when he came back to bed last night and you let him kiss you good night even though you were hysterical hours before. But it worked."

Adele spoke " I was hysterical but it wasn't my fault. I saw some horrific things at the front yard when it was dark. They thought I wouldn't see but I did."

Antonio sighed " Any ways. It's nearly over now. Francesco is calm. He did almost everything my father asked. He killed everyone except a couple of people who are meant to live for a few days because my father instructed it. I just hope my father fulfills his end soon after this and gives Francesco his mother's location. If he doesn't, it would mean war. Who am I kidding. If he even fulfills his end it still could mean war. I am afraid what Francesco would do to my father for hiding his mother for so long. But .... There is not much we can do about these things but there are some other things we can change...... You know Francesco is meeting Georgio now briefly in his meeting room. I was hoping that you could help me out here. I am supposed to take you to breakfast but can you drop by Francesco's meeting room and convince him to maybe ..... Invite Georgina and Georgio over for thanksgiving? If you request it, Francesco may say yes. When Francesco invites anyone to his house no one can say no. So I am hoping this could work and i could have an excuse to spend time with Georgina."

Adele spoke " But ... Isn't she going to be at the Hollywood ball tonight? Francesco told me they made it a two day event."

Antonio spoke " Actually. I don't know about that. Last night apparently Georgina and Sancia got into an argument. I would be very surprised if the Canavaros show up neither do I think the Giovannis would be dying for Canavaros company again tonight to witness a repeat of a fight between the two fiery ladies."

Adele was confused. So she asked curiously " I don't understand. But Francesco said that Rosarios and Giovannis are enemies and can't talk. Aren't Canavaros one of Rosario partners and work under their protection? From what I heard there will be hostile relations between Giovannis and Rosarios from now on now that Francesco has broken the peace treaty with Sergio. Can Sancia and Georgina talk without violating any rules, causing tension and resulting in a war?"

Antonio spoke " Unfortunately they can talk. They are women and not really seen as threats if they communicate with other women. You would understand what I am saying when you go to the Hollywood ball tonight. You will see how women just mingle and talk with the wives and female associates of their husbands worst enemies whilst their husbands look on. So a woman communicating with another woman is no problem no matter who they talk to. To the mobs, women pose no threat. Only when a man comes into the picture a danger can rise, hence if Sancia contacts Costanzo this would mean war. You sure can even talk to Sancia if you wanted to. But I don't think Francesco would like that..... Enough about that. What do you say Adele? Do you mind trying to convince Francesco to let Georgina and Georgio to come here for thanksgiving this Thursday. I am very desperate. I need to try to make it work. But I need excuses to see more of Georgina. Please do this for me."

Adele spoke " Fine. I will try but I don't promise anything. I don't know what Francesco feels about this. His word is final."

Antonio smiled " Thank you Adele. Now follow me. I will take you to breakfast and on the way you can go to his meeting room to say hi to him and maybe bring up what we discussed. I am sure he will listen to you since this is really a personal matter and not business related one."

Adele couldn't believe how delightful Antonio looked. Did he really count on her this much to convince Francesco of anything?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 67K 49
Fiction Awards Winner 2016 in General Fiction Category Book 1 of the New York Mafia Series: Summary: What happens when an innocent and kind hearted...
35.9K 1.9K 72
[Book 1] Stella and her father had no choice but to move in with her Uncle Timo, in New York, in refuge, after witnessing her mom's murder, as a chil...
18.4K 887 18
This story happens at the same time as Leandro and Nicandro and Arcangelo stories. Many readers were wondering what happened with Viggo's family. Thi...
1.1M 43.8K 63
'The lost city of Atlantis once existed', 'Aliens are walking among us'. 𝒁𝒂𝒓𝒂 believes in all. But Mafia in the 21st century is a MYTH. ***** 𝑮�...