Bad Boy Benefits

By oxwallflowerxo

#1 in Popular 29th March 2020 #1 in Teen Romance 19th Oct 2019 & September 08 2020 #1 in Bad Boy on 17th Oct... More

BEFORE YOU READ
AUTHORS NOTES
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4) EDITED MAY 2020
(5)
(6)
(7)
(7.25)
(7.50)
(9)
(10)
( 11 )
(12) EDITED NOV'019
(13) EDITED DEC 2019
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
Book Cover Vote
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
(38)
(39)
(40) EDITED NOV '19
(41)
(42)
(43)
(44)
(45)
(46)
(47)
(48)
(49)
(50)
(51)
(52)
Bonus Dinner Scene
(53)
(54)
(55)
(56)
(57)
(58)
(59)
(60)
(61)
BRODY WHO?
(62)
(63)
A TRIBUTE TO THE FIRST MAN I EVER LOVED.
(64)
(65)
(66)
(67)
(68)
(69) Epilogue
AUTHOR UPDATE
COVER HELP

( 8 )

85.6K 2K 1.1K
By oxwallflowerxo

Song Above: My Lover

If you like this story then please check out my new story EVERY LITTLE THING! It needs all the love it can get! 😊

"Urgh let's not go this way," Rose quickly snaked her arm around mine and diverted my body to another direction in the hallway.

"Why?" I frowned trying to turn around to see who she was avoiding but every time I attempted to twist my head I was harshly yanked forward by my temperamental friend.

Was she purposely trying to give me whiplash?

"Brody and Craig are there. I do not want to see them, I've successfully avoided them over the last three weeks and I don't want to see them now,"

The mention of his name sparked my interest. I hadn't been in touch with him since the beach house. I didn't want to contact him in case I sounded too desperate.

Which I wasn't.

I just had a stressful couple of days with intense study sessions and needed an escape for a few hours. I wasn't entirely sure if this enemy with benefits deal meant that I could call him up whenever I felt in the mood.

We hadn't exactly specified when we would interact, only the basic rules.

Would we need to designate times or could it be whenever?

So far it had been on his terms.

Wait-

Why was I over analyzing this situation?

It's Brody Fucking Jackson, the bane of my life. I really shouldn't be over-analyzing anything to do with him. I had to mentally scold myself for doing it in the first place.

I didn't care about him. So why was I behaving as I did?

I put it down to high estrogen levels. 

Or maybe it's the fact he has the ability to blow my mind away with just those perfect plump li-

No, do not go to the dark side Ivy.

He desperately needed to be erased from my mind pronto or else I was going to spontaneously combust. It was unnatural for me to have any twisted feelings for him other than hate. I despised him yet...I was screwing him.

I had honestly lost my mind.

"Craig won't stop calling me, I've had to block his number," Rose groaned and I had forgotten for a moment that she was attached to my arm. I tilted my head in her direction and watched as her nose scrunched up in disgust at the thought of Craig.

She shouldn't complain about a guy wanting to contact her after sex. I would be thrilled if I was in her position, seeing as a certain someone decided to act as if I didn't exist after having countless rounds of rough, demanding sex.

Oh for the love of Christ he's snuck into my mind again the cheeky bastard.

"I thought you and Craig got on well?" I questioned, wondering what had made her do a complete three-point turn. Last time we spoke about Craig with some persuasion from me, she was considering giving him a chance or so I thought.

After all the boy had longed for her since preschool. It would be like winning the Nobel prize for him if Rose had decided to date him.

"That's until I realized how clinging he was." She scrunched her nose, "I mean the sex was good but he's turning into a stalker and that is not attractive," She flipped her long blonde locks over her shoulder in frustration and a few strands got caught in my mouth. I pulled a disgusted face as I removed the hair from my face.

I gagged at the taste of strawberry shampoo.

Don't be fooled by the name, it tasted rancid.

Oblivious to the fact she just shoved her hair in my mouth she continued "And anyway I like someone else,"

I raised a brow at this new information "Who?"

Rose had a tendency of changing boys like the weather. It made me feel dizzy trying to keep up with her new affections.  If a boy paid attention to her for more than a second they were instantly on her hit list. God forbid if she ever marries, the poor man will have to keep her on a leash.

I'm not suggesting that my best friend was a slut. You may already have that assumption. But she's not. Rose was a firm believer in inequality. She always said if guys can do it, why can't girls? Why do guys get labelled a legend if they sleep around but if a girl did the same, they'd be called a whore?

When she goes off on a tangent on the subject I usually zone out. I've had the conversation a million times before with her. I could probably recite her speech word for word.

I didn't think she'd still like you know who, I thought maybe after his rejection she'd get over it.

"How can you not know who?" She stared down at me looking as if I've turned into an Avatar.

"I don't know?" I shrugged. Her new target could be anyone from the boy in the coffee shop who gave her a warm smile to the guy she sits next to in History. You never know with Rose.

"Who have I been obsessing over for weeks?"

"You obsess about a lot of people," That caused a scowl to be directed at me. I stifled a laugh at her reaction. If looks could kill I'd be ten feet under.

"Sometimes I think you are the girl on the moon," She smiled as we passed a group of boys hovering by their lockers and I mentally rolled my eyes at their reactions.

She wasn't the bloody Queen. Close your mouths!

"It's the man on the moon," I corrected her realizing what she had just said "And that doesn't make any sense Rose,"

"Whatever," She brushed it off before continuing "I like a certain soccer player,"

I stared at her blankly, as if that was supposed to help my search "There's a lot of people on the team,"

I wished she'd stop talking in riddles and come out and say it. I was starting to get fed up with the topic after all she'd only forget about him next week.

"Oh for god sake I like Brody," The words came out in a stream of frustration and I felt my breath hitch in my throat at her confession.

Oh shit.

"But you said you didn't care that he turned you down? And that you were a boss ass bitch that didn't need a manwhore?" My voice sounded strained so I coughed to clear my throat. I couldn't have her suspicious.

"I was feeling hungover and rejected so I lied Ivy," I diverted my eyes away from her face unable to cope with the hurt seeping in her features. It filled me with overwhelming guilt and I felt like such an inconsiderate bitch for not noticing the lie in the first place.

I was supposed to be her best friend.

"But you said it was just sex you wanted?" I could feel the blood pounding behind my ears. I leant on the nearest locker or else I'd faint.

She chewed her lip, "It was at first. Then he rejected me and I realised it was a lot more than sex I wanted."

"So, you like him? As in wanting him as a boyfriend like him?" I felt as if I was going to throw up.

She nodded. Her blue eyes glanced in his direction and then fell back on my face, "I really like him,"

"Is that why you have been avoiding him?" I didn't know why I asked such an obvious question. I think it was because I couldn't think straight with this mixture of emotions swirling around inside of me.

I had done the unspeakable and if Rose found out she'd be furious. I'd made a sexual pact with her crush behind her back and regardless didn't want to end it.

I was being extremely selfish.

She nodded in response to my question and sucked in a harsh breath "I've always liked him I guess, but he never really paid attention to me until recently. I thought it meant that he might have liked me too, but then when I tried to get him to sleep with me at the party he pushed me away. I was so embarrassed and drunk that I threw myself at Craig in spite of Brody, but he still doesn't seem to care. Figures I'd be the one girl the player doesn't want to sleep with"

My heart sagged at her words and I felt all the colour drain from my face. The first boy Rose has ever truly liked and I ruined it. I was ashamed with myself and disgusted that I had been so consumed by my own well being that I hadn't noticed the sighs. She had talked about him more than any other guy who had taken her fancy. The looked she'd sneak towards him when she thought I wasn't paying attention was a massive neon sign.

I needed to fix this.

*•*•*

I began to walk down the deserted hallway in search of my locker so I could collect my books for my next class when I heard the sound of a door opening beside me and before I could react I felt fingers grip into my skin yanking me towards an empty room.

Startled by the abruptness I went to scream out for help but as soon as I recognized the culprit in front of me I quickly slammed my mouth shut.

Brody stood before me in a tight white t-shirt accentuating his muscular chest and a pair of black basketball shorts that complimented his tanned exposed legs. He stared at my wide eyes with amusement, his sculpted lips twitching up into a smirk.

Adjusting my eyes to the dim lighting of the inclosed room, I scanned my surroundings taking sight of the various amounts of cleaning products and essentials.

At the realization of the fact he had aggressively pulled me into the janitor's closet, I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms over my chest.

Could he get anymore cliche'?

"Why the long face Poison?" He teased his eyes sparkling with amusement at the sour expression on my face.

"Really?" I gave him a 'are you for real?' look and gestured widely around the room.

"Not fond of cleaning?" I reached out and smacked him in the arm with the back of my hand for that witty remark and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Would you have preferred we went to my car?"

I felt my cheeks blush a crimson red at what he was suggesting and instantly the memory of Rose's confession clouded my mind causing the red to disappear.

I sucked in a harsh breath and found my voice wavering when I spoke "We can't,"

Not quite catching on as to what I was saying Brody stepped closer, pressing his chest against mine and the sweet scent of his cologne wafted in my direction. I shakily breathed it in and exhaled, my heart fluttering at our proximity.

"There's a lot of space in here" He breathed lifting his hand up to move a stray hair behind my ear. His fingers brushed my skin and I could feel that familiar desire of lust consumes me at the contact. He moved his hand and placed it on the exposed skin at the bottom of my shirt.

I had almost forgotten about Rose, focusing on the word almost.

Before Brody could lean in and kiss my lips, I tilted my head to the side tensing at the warm brush of his lips against my cheek. He quickly stepped back and stared intently at my face confusion evident in his features.

"You okay?" He eyed me his brows close together in concentration as he searched for any trace of what was wrong in my features.

I had to force the words out of my mouth "I don't think I can do this,"

"Why? Are you on your period?" He cocked a brow and I felt my face redden in embarrassment.

"No, I'm not on my period," I spat.

"Then why?" His eyes scanned my face and I felt uncomfortable at his scrutiny.

"Because..." I let my word trail not knowing if I could tell him the real reason as to why I could not continue or lie.

A horrible part of me didn't want to tell him the truth.

He crossed his arms over his chest, causing his muscle to bulge and I could see the annoyance masking his eyes "Not really a valid reason Ivy,"

I shifted in my stance and had a mental battle with my mind as to whether I should tell him the truth. It wasn't my secret to tell. But I also couldn't find a good enough excuse as to why I couldn't sleep with him because in all honesty, I wanted to continue. I really did. I liked the fact I hated his guts but he still managed to make me feel alive. I liked that this was our secret, no one else's. I liked that we could use each other as much as we wanted and neither would be hurt by it.

"I-"

Brody harshly interrupted me before I could fish the truth out.

"Is it because you are starting to have feelings for me?"

I sunk back against the wall stunned and irritated by his question. How dare he assume that by sleeping with him I'd instantly have a deeper connection with him. He wasn't Jesus reincarnated, just a stupid teenage boy who knew how to treat a girl in the bedroom.

As I said before I would rather rip my eyes out than love him.

"No that's not the reason Brody, I will never have feelings for you," I said through my teeth resisting the urge to shove him into the mop bucket. I was surprised he had the nerve to even suggest that like I would be the one to crack first.

He cringed at my words before regaining himself and saying dryly, "Then what is it then?"

"Why does it matter? If I say I don't want to then I don't have to explain myself to you," I exclaimed, the frustration evident in my voice.

I didn't like feeling cornered.

"Because I don't believe you," He said, "I've known you all these years Ivy and I can tell when you are lying,"

"I'm not lying," I hissed. I didn't like that he could read me, I shouldn't be such an open book to him.

"If you are telling the truth then fine," He stepped forward so he was close, so close I could smell his cologne, "Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't honestly want this,"

I went to open my mouth but couldn't. His eyes held mine and I couldn't look away. I couldn't walk away because I knew deep down I didn't want to. I'd be doing myself and him an injustice if I lied again.

"That's what I thought," He breathed and then he tangled his fingers in my hair and pulled me up so our lips connected roughly. He slammed his groin into mine pinning me against the wall and I responded by aggressively holding onto his neck deepening our kiss. Our mouths moved together in a fight for dominance and his tongue slid in between my lips, tangling it with my own.

I felt this breathtaking sensation of heat and hunger surged through my entire being as I placed my hands under his shirt, roaming freely across his torso. He let out a moan against my lips and I smiled in satisfaction. His hand that was not holding my head reached down and cupped my butt squeezing it tightly in his grasp. I went to pull down his shorts wanting to explore all of him but froze when I heard the sound of someone pulling the handle on the door.

Frantically I shoved Brody's chest and was surprised when he stumbled back tripping over the mop bucket and landing on the floor in a tangled heap. I let out a loud laugh and placed my hand over my mouth when I caught sight of two juniors standing in the door frame with a look of horror on their faces.

Panicking I said the first thing that came to mind "And that's what you get Brody if you ever try and get with me again," I pointed at his bewildered expression and stifled a laugh at his scrunched up clothes and flustered cheeks.

Before he could respond I turned and passed the frozen students, turning to stick my tongue out at him when they weren't looking.

He flashed me a death glare mouthing "This isn't over yet,"

That was the first thing we ever agreed on.

Questions: So what does everyone think of the Rose situation?

Who likes Brody and Ivy?

Comment. Vote. Love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...
3.1M 78K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
345K 7.9K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
87.5K 4.4K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...