Energy Magic [Fairy Tail]

By EnergyMageFrea

(Must read my first story, 'Lost Life', First!) Frea is back as her story continues along with Fairy Tail's... More

Chapter 1- My Point
Chapter 2- Travels
Chapter 3- Jogenen
Chapter 4- Realize That!
Chapter 5- Trust
Chapter 6- Chatting
Chapter 7- New Kid
Chapter 8- Test
Chapter 9- First Day
Chapter 10- My Mountain
Chapter 11- Hit Me
Chapter 13- Find Me
Chapter 14- Stabilize
Chapter 15- Spells
Chapter 16- Troublemaker
Chapter 17- Not Our Job
Chapter 18- Choosing
Chapter 19- 1st Stage
Chapter 20- Deserving
Chapter 21- Second Stage... Or Not
Chapter 22- What To Do?
Chapter 23- The Tree Falls
Chapter 24- Magic Energy= Life
Chapter 25- Rest
Chapter 26- You're Late
Chapter 27- Save You
Chapter 28- Fairy Tail Mages
Chapter 29- Grimoire Heart Loses
Chapter 30- Dislike Or Hate?
Chapter 31- How You Knew
Chapter 32- Together
Chapter 33- Going Home
Chapter 34- A Book?
Chapter 35- Brawl-Fest
Chapter 36- Favor
Chapter 37- Three Months
Chapter 38- New Mission
Chapter 39- Training With These Two?
Chapter 40- Battle On!
Chapter 41- Celestial Meeting
Chapter 42- Exceeds
Chapter 43- Moon
Chapter 44- Capital City
Chapter 45- Third Day
Chapter 46- I'm Back
Chapter 47- Lumen Histoire
Chapter 48- Ryuzetsu Land
Chapter 49- You Forgot?!
Chapter 50- It's A Mistake To Anger Us
Chapter 51- Tag Teams
Chapter 52- Fairy Tail VS SaberTooth
Chapter 53- Graveyard
Chapter 54- History
Chapter 55- Three Seconds
Chapter 56- Standing Still
Chapter 57- Last Day
Chapter 58- Turn Around!
Chapter 59- Rified
Chapter 60- Rogue VS Gajeel
Chapter 61- Victory Short Lived
Chapter 62- The Fight Starts Now!
Chapter 63- Lord of Death
Chapter 64- Second Origin?
Chapter 65- Recognition
Chapter 66- After [END OF BOOK 2]

Chapter 12- Energy Signatures

861 41 3
By EnergyMageFrea

Chapter 12

Energy Signatures

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideasa

.:+:.

"Come on kid." Frea murmured as she waited patiently for Chase to get up. The sky was still fairly dark, the sun had not risen yet. She had spent the entire day yesterday trying to come up with a way to teach Chase Energy Magic. As she had expected, he hadn't woken up until at least noon the day before, and he had been extremely sore. But today he should feel better, and they had to get started with actually learning the magic.

Chase got to his feet and let out a long yawn, before glancing her way. Frea flicked her head in his opposite direction, gesturing for him to follow her as she turned and started walking. "What's going on today Teach?" Chase asked sleepily and she didn't glance over her shoulder at him.

"We're going to start with Magic now." She replied and at once she could tell he had perked up.

"Really? Great!" He exclaimed. Frea sighed and finally glanced over her shoulder to look at him.

"Don't get too excited, you have absolutely no idea how hard this is gonna be." She told him and turned back to the land ahead of her. They continued on in silence as she lead him through the forest, until the trees cleared out in a circle with two relatively flat stones stood in the ground. One of the stones was at least four feet wide, and three feet tall, while the other was eight feet wide and five feet tall. Frea directed Chase to sit on the smaller of the two, while she took a seat on the larger one. Both of them were five feet apart.

Frea knew this place all too well, when she had been learning from Chaitanya, she had sat on the rock Chase now sat on, for hours at a time, wearing herself out as she tried to learn Energy Magic. She was now sitting on the rock that Chaitanya had sat on to watch her while she learned. Now Chase was going to be doing the same thing she had done all those years ago.

"Alright kid, I want you to try and focus your magic in your hands." She told him and he blinked in confusion.

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?" He asked and she sighed silently.

"Close your eyes." She ordered and he did as she asked. "Almost everything in the world had Energy is some way, shape, or form. As an Energy Mage, it is essential that you learn to feel all of it around you, recognize it, understand how it works." She started. "Energy Magic is extremely hard to learn, because it is very rare for someone to be able to feel the world's Energy around them. With this in mind, there is a special skill that you need to have, and it's called 'World Sense'. Without 'World Sense', you cant learn Energy Magic because you will never be able to feel the Energy around you, let alone fell the Energy inside of you, and be able to use it to your liking." Frea explained.

"Before you ask, yes you do have it, I could tell by studying your Energy Signature the first day you came to Fairy Tail." Frea told him and he nodded a little. "So with that in mind, I assume that you can sometimes feel things? Things like strong changes in people's emotions, or the amount of power somebody has? Things like that, changes in Energy."

Chase nodded slowly, "Yeah... sometimes anyway, not all the time." He answered without opening his eyes. Frea blinked slowly, Chase's 'World Sense' ability wasn't very strong, so she could guess he could only feel it if it was a powerful or strong Energy.

"That's what we're working on. Your going to learn how to feel the worlds Energy around you more clearly and precisely, before you start to try and manipulate your own Energy." Frea explained. "Once you have it down, you'll be able to feel all kinds of Energy around you without having to actually search them out all the time."

Chase nodded again and she smiled a little, "Cast your sense out and really concentrate on the things around you, try to see Energy's different colors, different feelings, amount of power in all things." She told him quietly and fell silent as she watched him carefully. She knew all to well that in the beginning, it was harder than hell to try and feel all the worlds different Energies. And this could become extremely frustrating, especially when you end up sitting on that rock for hours on end without feeling a single damn thing.

Frea simply sat silently and watched Chase with his eyes closed as he tried to feel all the Energy around him. Frea already being a pretty good Energy Mage could feel all of it no problem. She could feel the small creatures scurrying away in the trees around them, and she could definitely feel Chase's Energy right in front of her. As a few hours passed by, she was still there watching him. As every hour passed she could tell he was becoming increasingly frustrated and she gave the young man a sympathetic look, she knew how he was feeling.

Frea let out a silent sigh and closed her eyes, resting her chin in her hand as she propped her elbow on her knee. She wasn't planning on saying anything to him, he needed to figure it out himself. He wouldn't learn anything if she helped him out.

.:+:.

As the next two weeks passed Chase was still trying to feel something, anything. He was so frustrated he wanted to just yell at every little thing, but instead he kept silent, letting the frustration fuel him as he kept trying. He couldn't understand how Frea seemed to feel all the Energy without even trying, especially when it looked impossible for him to feel anything when he was trying. He would sit that rock for hours with his eyes closed, and today was no different.

As he sat there he knew Frea was watching him silently and he still didn't feel anything around him. Chase took a deep breath and steadied his breathing. He needed to calm down, that way he hoped he would be able to focus more. He had no trouble hearing everything in the woods, but feeling the Energy was something different.

This time he stopped concentrating on every little thing, and he let his mind wander. At first he felt nothing, but his heart beat faster as he felt... something. Something! That was better than nothing, it was faint, and just at the edges of his senses but he definitely felt it there. Focusing in on the feeling he slowly concentrated on it.

He held felt small amounts of Energy in his life before, so he was fairly certain that's what he was feeling now. Focusing more he started to get a mental picture of it, it was powerful. The longer he focused on it, the more the power grew and he sweatdropped a little. What around here could have so much power? The power was literally washing over him in huge waves as he focused on it and he got a mental picture of something silver.

Chase blinked his eyes open and stared in shock at Frea who was sitting in front of him, arms crossed over chest and eyes closed. He could see the barely visible silver energy floating around her and lifting off high into the air, the large amount of power radiating off of her in vast amounts. Frea opened her eyes and glanced his way, eyebrow raising.

Chase blinked once, and the faint Silver Energy surrounding her disappeared, though he could still feel her power.

"Something wrong?" Frea asked and he slowly shook his head.

"Um... no. But I think I know what you mean now." He murmured and she unhooked her arms, resting her open palms on the rock on either side of her.

"Really?" She asked, she looked genuinely interested. "What did you feel?" She asked and he sighed a little.

"Your Magic Power." He replied and Frea blinked a little in surprise,

Damn... I was purposely suppressing my magic so he couldn't pick up on it, otherwise he would have felt it a long time ago, but he still found it?

Frea thought as she looked away, then she smiled. "So, tell me what you feel besides my Energy now." She asked and Chase blinked a few times. He wasn't sure what she thought he could feel, sure, the small and faint presence of animals in the trees, the presence of life in trees and plants, reached him along with Frea's power and her emotions of curiosity and surprise, but what was she expecting?

Chase stiffened and Frea smiled. He could feel all of that...? Chase's sudden reaction to realizing he could feel a lot more than just her, didn't go unnoticed as Frea smiled wider. There was no doubt in her mind that he could feel many different forms of Energy all around him now, though they may not be very clear or strong at the moment.

And she knew for a fact that she had suppressed her magic and Energy enough that he shouldn't have been able to pick up on him. But even with it being suppressed and muffled, he still found it and that was impressive. If the young man could find a hidden and surpressed Energy he would have no problem finding other Energies around him.

Frea stood up and smiled at him, "Good job kid." She told him. "Your getting closer, now I have a test for you." She smiled and he stood up.

"What?" He asked.

"I am going to suppress my Magic even more and go deep into the woods. Your job is to use your sense of Energy to find me, and this time it wont be as easy. I am going to hide my Energy even more, so you wont be able to find it as easily. Find me, if you can." She told him and smirked, before stepping off the rock and disappearing from the young man's sight in an instant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.8K 45
Frea is a Mage of Fairy Tail, been a long-standing member even before Erza and many of the others. She is known as the Energy Mage to her Guild, and...
4.4K 183 10
Lucy makes the mistake of not saying anything about an injury, which then spirals into events she never imagined would happen. Emotions revealed, a n...
97.5K 2.6K 21
A story about the angel princess that is sent to earth land to find a partner and to learn how they live. She will have to learn how to control her p...
56.8K 1.3K 28
When a girl comes falling through the doors of a wizard guild called Fairy Tail, the wizards have no idea how powerful this girl is. Or how her past...