Fox At Heart (Stiles Stilinsk...

By Piper5

After a deadly battle with darkness. Stiles suffers mortal wounds. Despite Stiles wanting to die as a human... More

I Remember
Please Stiles...
Panic
Brothers United
You're Not A Werewolf
Home Again
The Person I Am?
To Be Normal...
Silver Lining
WereFox
My Dark Sides
Blue Eyes
Viscous Clash
It Begins
The Dark Full Moon: Part One/Changes
The Dark Full Moon: Part Two/Rage
The Dark Moon: Part Three/Aggression
I Blame Me
Not Worthless
Been A While
Fluffy And Cute Aura
Alpha
Another One
More Like You
The Nogitsune
I Know
My Eyes Are Like Yours
Fear Within Terror
An Unlikely Ally
A Change In The Wind
Felt Good
The Truth Lies
Out In The Wood It Flies, Kikiyaon
Hunger and a Following Shadow
Me
Almost
I'm Yours
Always Together
Into The Deep
Revenge
The Dead Should Stay Dead
The Spirit Realm
Old Of Age
The Spirit Challenge
Balance Uneven
What Needs To Be Said
The Pack

The Dark Moon: Part Four/Fear and New Companion

7.5K 304 96
By Piper5

Stiles next shout was not human at all. A roar, an animal roar that echoed through the basement, pebbles on the the floor vibrating. His silver eyes started to almost glow in the dark. His teeth sharpened and nails were longer and sharper.

Growling noises, that no human should be able to make, came from his throat.

Liam stepped back, looking at Stiles, he could see he was not looking at Stiles any longer. Stiles werewolf side had overwhelmed him. His fox side prefered to lash out with his tong, not this. His wolf side however...

"What's going on! St-Liam!" Scott shouted, suddenly running in, eyes wide. Lydia wasn't far behind.

"What happened? What did you do!" Scott caught one glimpse of the snarling, animal like Stiles, then turned on Liam.  

Liam shook his head, stepping backwards "I didn't mean to- I didn't think-"

"You never think!" Scott retorted.

"Stop it!" Lydia growled at both of them. She warily approached Stiles.

"Stiles, its me. Lydia, can you-" She started but he lunged at her, this time it wasn't a cruel joke! His hands, looked more like claws almost digging into her skin, if she hadn't jumped back in time.

She turned to Liam "What happened!"

"He was saying these things and I-I mentioned the- I mean I didn't think he'd have such a reaction to...I didn't mean it!" Liam said, hurriedly, panicking.

"Deaton said not to come in here alone!" Scott said frustrated with him.

Realisation dawned on Liam, he knew, he thought. Deaton knew Stiles would try and get inside my head if I was alone with him.

Liam then hung his head, looking down at his shoes. Looking very much like puppy being scolded.

They all startled as they all heard a loud creaking noise. Stiles chains were straining to hold him, who was pulling on them to much. Low growls and snarls shuddering from deep in his chest.  Just as out of control as Scott had been on his first full moon, maybe even more.

"Those chains won't last" Lydia said softly.

"No" Scott agreed.

"What did you say to him?!" Scott asked his beta, coldly.

"I just...I didn't mean-" Liam pleaded.

Scott's face softened, bending down to Liam's stature.

"Look, I didn't mean to sound so harsh, but we need to know what you said, so we know how we can help" Scott said.

"I-I told him he was like the-the nogitsune and he just freaked out" Liam said, wincing.

"He tried to attack you?" Scott asked.

"No, he screamed at me?"

"Screamed?" Lydia asked, confused.

"Yeah" Liam said, looking very small.

She frowned as she looked at Scott who to was looking a little confused, like her.  

"Stay here, don't get closer to him" He told them.

Scott very slowly walked closer to Stiles, who growled at him, baring his teeth, a pure animal like growl that only a wild animals would make.

Scott bent down next to Stiles.

"Scott" Lydia warned.

He ignored her. To Lydia and Liam's suprise Stiles didn't attack Scott, only his growls got louder and louder as Scott put his hand out, reaching for Stiles face.

But to Scott's shock he could feel no anger radiating from Stiles, none like there had been. No there was another emotion that was rolling in waves through the air, coming from Stiles.

Fear.

"Stiles..." Scott whispered. Suddenly feeling choked up.

"M-maybe" Lydia said slowly "Maybe we could use Kanima vemon to make sure he doesn't get free"

"Are you out of your mind?! That would make him even more frightened!" Scott hissed.

"Frightened? He's not-" Lydia started to say but Scott interrupted her "You and Liam, leave me alone with him"

She blinked "But-"

"Just go" Scott snapped.

Lydia tensed a little, her eyes narrowing but she went with Liam with no further retorts but Scott knew by her glare he was going to get it in the neck later.

Liam hovered at the door.

 "I'm sorry" He muttered.

Scott sighed "Its fine, really. Go on"

He nodded and quickly shuffled out, closing the door behind him.

Now it was only Stiles and Scott.

"Hey, hey. Its me. Scott. Your best friend" Scott said softly, reaching his hand out once more.
He readied himself to snatch it back any second if Stiles tried to bite his arm of or something. It felt almost like he was reaching into a wild animals cage and hoping it wouldn't take a bite.

But Stiles wasn't a it.

Stiles bared his teeth, his eyes watching Scott's hand, pupils shrinking a little as Scott's hand came closer to him.

"Hey" Scott said softly, trying to be calm and calm Stiles down.

Scott's hands were almost cupping Stiles face, who didn't move away or attack to Scott's surprise. Stiles eyes flickered to Scott's face.

They were a burning silver, with flecks of blue in them.

"Its me. Its Scott. Remember? I-I know I haven't exactly been the best friend I should have been. I should have known you were struggling with everything. I-I should have known you felt that way, I should have realised, there are a lot of things I should have done. But I promise we'll sort this out. Everything I've done was to try and protect you, protect everyone, guess it didn't work out that well, right"

As Scott was talking he watched as the growls disappeared. 

Then they started to fade back to his ordinary color. His breathing started to quicken. 

"Stiles?" Scott asked.

It happened so fast that Scott has no time to react. Stiles was suddenly back against the wall, no longer straining the chains, choking in deep breaths. He was trembling, eyes wide, pupils blown wide.

"S-scott" He gasped out.

The alpha was by his best friend side, in less than a second. Pulling him close. Stiles trembled against him, his heart beating fast, his eyes watery.

"I'm not" He whispered.

"Not?" Scott asked.

"I'm not him" Stiles said, sounding like something was suffocating him, stopping him from talking.

Tears dripped down.

"You're not" Scott agreed, knowing what he was talking about, pretending that he hadn't heard the question in Stiles tone.

Scott then glowed his alpha red eyes. Stiles eyes changed colour in response, silver and flecks of blue.

The alpha's jaw almost fell to the floor as he saw Stiles aura. It wasn't faint at all anymore and stood out brightly. The aura was the same silver as Stiles eyes and was the shape of a fox but it didn't look like Kira's, far from it.

The fox silver like shape looked alive, it was wrapped around Stiles body and the fox aura stared at him from Stiles shoulder, the shape shifting.

Scott watched amazed as the tail that was wrapped around Stiles neck like a scarf, unwrapped itself a little bit as it was incredible long and brushed against Stiles face, who didn't see or feel it.

The tail brushed against Stiles face comfortingly, wiping the tears away.

Scott blinked, his eyes going back to normal. The fox, that looked much more like the outline of a normal wild fox but much bigger, wrapping around Stiles's body vanished as he did so.

Stiles body relaxed a little.

"Feel better?" Scott asked Stiles, who nodded but looked confused and interested "What did you see? What does a Werefox aura look like then?" 

Scott pretended not to notice that Stiles had put way to much eagerness and fake happiness into that question, it pained him to realise that it almost did sound real. How many times had Stiles faked being okay around him, when he was really breaking apart inside?

Though...this time was different.

Kira's fox had looked like a warrior, a protector, a soldier but also just another part of Kira.

Stiles fox looked like it could be those things but at the moment it didn't. It looked alive, like it was a living breathing thing, though its body's breath had been going up and down in the exact same time as Stiles own breathing. It also looked like comfort, like a friend, like a companion. What Stiles needed.

Scott simply responded with a smile "You won't be alone again"

Stiles never should have been alone in the first place. Not without him, and never from now on, it seemed, without his fox.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 436 21
[BOOK ONE] "I know, you're a werewolf!" Stephanie and her twin brother Stiles had a pretty average life but when their best friend gets bitten and tu...
357K 12.2K 40
Jenna Felmore has had way more life altering experiences than she ever expected moving to the little town of Beacon Hills. Now life is even more com...
3.2K 100 18
Luka Stilinski is happy to be home, with catching up with Stiles and his dad, bonding with the pack, reconnecting with an old friend, and maybe, jus...
19.2K 775 8
he Alpha advanced so fast that Stiles didn't have time to yell before teeth sank in his side. When he felt the pain flash, he yelled and hammered on...