Single Dad "Starting Over"(Hu...

Autorstwa fanforfanfic

What happens when a 27 year old Country music sensation is forced to "Start Over" as a single dad? Will he be... Więcej

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 81

226 21 21
Autorstwa fanforfanfic

Liddy's POV

"Oh My God Lid, what's wrong?" Liz asks as she pulls me through her open front door and into her arms.

"I ah... I ah ...I broke my engagement with Hhhhunter." I say as I cry uncontrollably on her shoulder.

"You did what?'

"I ggggave him back his rrrring."

"Oh honey. It's going to be okay." She says as she rubs my back. "Here come sit on the couch and tell me what happened."

"Bbbbbut what about Joe and the kids? Are they hhhere?"

"No, they aren't. Abby stayed over at a friend's house last night and she isn't back yet and Joe took Austin to the mall to buy him some new sneakers. No one will be home for a while. She assures me as she walks over and grabs a box of tissues. "Here you go."

"Thanks."

"So what's going on? When I left a few hours ago you had plans to talk with Hunter."

"I thought I did, too, but when I went to his house and over heard him making plans to meet Harper and Renee at the park, in an hour, I just lost it."

"Are you sure that's what he was doing?"

"Yes, I'm positive." I pause to wipe my tears. "I was actually feeling better about him and I, after you and I talked, so I left a few minutes early to see him. When I walked into his house, he was talking with Harper. He didn't even hear me, but I could hear their conversation."

"And?"

"And when he was done setting everything up with Renee, he hung up. Then he turned around and saw me standing there. He looked just as guilty as he did last night."

"So what did you say to him?"

"Not much. There wasn't a lot I could say. I was hurting so bad. I just wanted to get out of there." I begin to cry again. "So I told him I didn't want to make him late for the park and then I threw my engagement ring at him.

"Oh honey, why did you do that? You promised me you wouldn't do anything drastic."

"Bbbb because it's obvious that he would rather spend time with his "ex wife" than try to work our problems out, with me."

"You don't know that for certain. He may...."

"Liz, he could have taken Harper to the park by himself or better yet he could have invited me, but he chose neither of those options. Instead he asked Renee to meet him at the park with Harps. Do you know how much that hurts me?"

She leans over and holds me as I sob for what feels like hours. When there are no more tears to shed I sit up. " I ah, I ah, I don't know what's happened to us, but we aren't best friends any more. I don't even know him. He tells me he loves me, but his actions prove just the opposite."

"What did he say when you gave him back his ring?"

"I'm not sure. I just threw it at him and ran straight to my car and drove here."

"Has he tried calling you?"

"Yes, but I've ignored them. Just like he ignored all my calls last night."

"Don't you think you owe it to Hunter to let him explain?'

I thought I did this morning, but now I'm not so sure."

________________________________

Hunter's POV

"Come on Liddy, answer your phone!" I mutter to myself as I stare at her diamond engagement ring lying in my hand.

"Daddy, come swing, peez."

"Okay, baby girl. Just let me put my phone away first." I say as I place Liddy's ring in my front pocket of my jeans then slip my cell phone inside my jacket.

"Is everything alright, Hunter? You're not acting like yourself?" Renee asks.

"I'm fine. Just a bit tired. I didn't sleep all that well last night."

She smiles. "Were you awake thinking about us? I know I was."

I ignore her comment and walk over to push Harper on the swing. "Hold on tight, punkin."

"I will, daddy." She says before turning her head to look at Renee. "Look mommy!"

"I see, sweetie. Be careful."

I continue to push Harper on the swing for several more minutes, being cautious to not let her go too high. Her laughs and giggles immediately, improve my mood. When she's finished, the three of us walk hand in hand over to the pond to feed the ducks.

"So Hun, when are we going to talk about what happened last night?" Renee asks as she gives Harper some bread to toss at the baby ducklings.

"There's nothing to discuss."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, really."

 "Well, I think there is and I would like to talk about it."

"Okay, fine."

She smirks. "So I kissed you and even though you didn't kiss me back, I know you wanted to. What stopped you?"

I force a laugh. "You couldn't be more wrong."

"Why do you keep denying it? I see how you look at me. If you weren't engaged to Liddy, we both know something would have happened between us last night."

"Ah, no it wouldn't have." I insist.

It's her turn to laugh. "Okay, keep telling yourself that. But I know I'm right. It's only a matter of time. I can wait."

"There's nothing to wait for! I love Liddy. She's my future. If I can get her to forgive me. You were my past."

"But I could be your future again, if you would just give me another chance. I know we could make it work, this time. We're both older and wiser. Harper would be so happy living with both her mommy and daddy. We could give her the brother or sister she so desperately wants."

"And so can Liddy and I."

"It won't be as easy as you make it out to be and there is no guarantee, from what I've heard."

I don't want to discuss this right now, especially with Renee. "Well, I don't know where you got your information from but it's...."

"I heard it from Melissa. We still talk now and then. So are you going to tell me she's lying?"

I'm a bit surprised that Renee and Melissa, Andy's wife, still keep in contact, but then again they use to be very good friends before the divorce. "I'm not saying that. She just doesn't know all the facts. No one does, except for Liddy and I and I plan to leave it that way."

"Fine." She smiles at me. "It doesn't change a thing. I know you still have feelings for me."

I've had enough. I need to get out of here. "Hey Harper, daddy has to go to the studio now. I will come get you at your mom's tomorrow afternoon, okay?"

"No daddy, don't go, peez?" She begs while wrapping herself around my leg.

I bend down so I can look at her. "I wish I could, but I have to get some work done today. If you would like, I can bring you back to the park tomorrow on our way home from your mom's. Would you like that?"

"Mommy come with us?"

I glance at Renee and see her smirking. "No, it would be just you and me. I'll bring bread just like she did and we can feed the ducks."

"Hotay, I guess."

"That's my girl." I say as I kiss the tip of her nose. "Maybe we can even get an ice cream after?"

Her face lights up. "Strawberry?"

"Absolutely." I smile and hug her one more time. "Okay, you be good for your mom. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I will. Bye, Daddy. I luff you."

"I love you, too."

As I turn to walk towards my car, I hear Renee shout. "I'll call you tonight so we can talk some more and you can sing her to sleep."

I don't turn around. I continue walking straight ahead.

Once I'm sitting in my Range Rover, I pull my phone out of my jacket. There are still no messages from Liddy. I'm desperate to talk with her, especially after all the stuff Renee said. I need to prove to Ren that she is wrong to think I still have feelings for her. I love Liddy, now. I just pray she still loves me.

______________

Liddy's POV

"Was that another call from Hunter?" Liz asks.

"Yes."

"When are you going to talk to him?"

"I'm not sure."

"Well, you have to speak to him sometime and decide if you two can work this out or not. "

"I know."

"Ignoring him isn't helping the situation at all. You've had plenty of time to calm down and think. Now, you need to start communicating."

I cringe at her use of words. It's amazing how quickly things can change. Only a few days ago, I would have giggled at the word "communicating", but not any more. "You're right, I just don't know if I can trust him."

"Then you should tell him that! You can't keep hiding out in my guestroom."

"I know." ......But before I can say any more, I receive another message from Hunter. This time it's a text. I decide to read it out loud to Liz.

H: I know it's late and that I've already left you a million messages today and there's probably zero chance you'll reply to this one, but I had to try one last time. I just want you to know I miss you and I LOVE YOU with all my heart. I'm lost without you. PLEASE, believe me.

"Liddy, he's trying. You need to give him a chance to explain. Maybe it won't make a difference, but you owe it to him and to yourself to at least listen to what he has to say.

"I know you are right. I'm just scared."

"You know I love you so much and I don't want to see you hurt, but you have to do things sometimes, even if it terrifies you."

"Okay, I will. I'll contact him in the morning."

"No! Do it now! Stop procrastinating!"

Her sudden outburst makes me jump. "Okay." I mumble. Even though I don't like it, I know she's right.  I take a deep breath and start typing. It takes me forever because I can't decide what to say. Finally after 4 different tries, I decide short and sweet is the way to go.

L: You have no idea how badly I want to believe that, but you've done so many hurtful things. I honestly don't know what to think any more. I'm not sure I can trust you."

After reading it one last time I hit the 'send' button. "There are you happy now?"

"Actually, I am." She says smugly. "You did the right thing. Now all you have left to do is set up a time SOON to meet face to face so you can talk this out."

"But, I'm not sure I can."

"NO BUTS! You have to figure out what's going on between you two. And that can NOT be solved through texts or over the phone, trust me."

__________________________________

Sorry for the long delay in posting, but the good news is I should be able to get back into updating every other day!

Hope everyone is still enjoying Huddy's story.

Please continue to vote and COMMENT! I love hearing from you.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

10.5K 139 56
22 year old, Leela's life is turned upside down when she finds out that she's pregnant, as a result of a holiday romance. What is she going to do? Ho...
112K 5.5K 15
What happens when a 39 year old man falls head over heels for a 26 year old girl who is a complete opposite to him? A man who doesn't know defeat...
179K 5.1K 50
I been in an abusive relationship with the man I fell in love with. Everyone calls us the perfect couple and wants to be like us. They don't know wha...
85.9K 1.7K 43
What happens when you fall deeply and madly in love with your best friend? What happens when he loves you back? What happens when everyone and everyt...