Stuck In The Middle With You

By kywildcat28

To Ebony, nothing is worse than being the middle child. At least that's what she thinks until she escapes her... More

What's wrong with calling you baby, baby?
Hey, someone's having a pool party
I decided to get a little creative.
What should I wear?
It doesn't look good for you sis.
I'm not spoiled.
I needed to get away for awhile.
Why don't you two get along?
I don't snore baby.
I guess this is why you moved me.
I'm not all bad baby.
Are pigs flying somewhere?
I taught you better than I thought I did punk.
We eat a lot of food.
Stuck In The Middle With You Extra (Adam's POV)
This version is more for guys.
I'm drawing on a napkin with a blue crayon.
I wish I could tell you all my secrets
I guess I'm interrupting.
EXTRA: The Club (Adam's POV)
Are you two going to kiss again?
Everyone should be terrified of me.
No, you drive me crazy!
Oh I'm so scared.
He has nothing to worry about.
Stuck In The Middle With You Extra (Josh's POV)
I always get what I want.
It was just a joke.
Everything is changing.
What am I supposed to do?
Stuck In the Middle With You EXTRA (Tyler's POV)
I can't...it's my room.
Baby, you should.
I don't think we're on the same page.
The most natural thing in the world.
Because...it's my bed.
He looks like he's just miserable.
Should I go get him for you?
Thank God you have a brain!
We're in highschool! Nothing is romantic.
Sneak peek of Stuck On You.

I'm just that good of an actor.

5.7K 74 10
By kywildcat28

"Come on punk." I heard Bently whisper next to me. I watched Adam stand up on his bored way to late, so the wave slammed him off. My head fell into my hands. He hasn't been the same since last night. I feel like this is all my fault. If I had just stayed quiet about it, Adam would be catching every wave out there.

He walked up on to the beach where, Bently and me were sitting. I couldn't get my stitches wet, so I settled on staying on the beach and watching them surf, of course while working on my tan.

"Can we just go." Adam said, "I can't get into to it today."

"You've only been out there for 20 minutes. Give it time, maybe you will get going." Bently told him. We were trying to do the things Adam is usually pumped about.

"Or maybe I will keep falling on my ass. Bently there's not point in staying. I can't get on a wave for anything, and the only other person here, that is good enough to have a board, can't get in the water."

Bently sighed. "Can you just try again?"

"Fine, but you have to come with me. Maybe watching you suck it up out there, will motivate me to show you how awesome I am compared to you." Adam said. I smiled, that sounded more like normal Adam.

Bently looked at me. "Is that ok?"

"It's fine. I'm a big girl. I can handle being without you for a while." I told him.

He smiled and kissed me on the forehead, before getting up and walking into the ocean with Adam. He's so cute.

I looked over to the other side of me. Tyler was laying there in just his swim trunks, tanning. He hadn't said a word in forever. I couldn't tell if he had fallen asleep or not because of his sunglasses.

"You know you're going to have a sunglasses tan line on your face, and I'm going to laugh." I said. He didn't move. Did he really fall asleep? I reached over and grabbed them off of his face. His eyes didn't open. He was sleeping. Oh, I could have fun with this.

I smiled and grabbed my bag, and dug for the sharpie I knew was in there somewhere. When I found it, I took the cap off and leaned over him. I gently put my forearm on his chest, which was almost enough to distract me from what I was doing. I was just about to make the first mark when he grabbed my wrist.

"If you touch me with that, I will make your life even more miserable than I already do." He told me, his eyes were still closed.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"I wasn't really asleep baby. I'm just that good of an actor. I also saw you get the sharpie out of your bag."

I rolled my eyes. "You ruined my fun."

"I can show you other ways to have fun."

I would have hit him, but I was entirely sure he was joking. He sounded really serious and I wasn't sure what to think. It also made this position a whole lot more awkward since I was still leaning on his chest.

"People are going to start staring baby." He whispered.

Let them stare!

I mentally shouted. His eyes were captivating. Way better than the ocean in front of us. It doesn't matter if this is Tyler I'm talking about, when your eyes are that amazing, people are going to stare.

"Ebony?" He asked. His voice was strained.

"Yeah?"

"Don't do anything you're going to regret."

I blinked a few times. When did I get this close to him? I need to stop getting lost in my thoughts so much. I sat up and tried to hide the blush rising on my cheeks. This is awkward.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"It's ok." He sat up next to me.

I wasn't really sure what to say. That was the second time in two days that I've been lost in Tyler's eyes. Not that I didn't like his eyes, they were gorgeous, but why can't I look at them without him noticing?!

"Hi." Both of us looked up to see who said it. Of course, it's some bleach blond tramp. That was very Carrie Underwood of me, don't you think? But seriously, what's she doing here? I mean she's obviously here to hit on Tyler, which was fine with me, she can take him, but did she have to show up right after we had an awkward moment?! It's sluts like her that make me want to punch people.

"Hi." Tyler said. I rolled my eyes. He was totally looking at her boobs hanging out of her to small bikini top.

"Has anyone ever told you how hot you are?" She said. Wow, just cut right to the chase.

"Yeah they have, but I'm always willing to hear more people say it." He smirked. Presenting the self centered jerk everybody!

"Well you're hot. Really. Really. Hot."

I scoffed. She epically sucks at flirting. My sudden noise seemed get her to notice me. Now I'm going to have to talk to her. Wonderful.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

Was this chick crazy? "I've been here the whole time honey. If anyone should be wondering why they're here, it's you."

She looked at Tyler. "Is she you're girlfriend."

"No." He said, well more like growled.

She smiled at me like she had won something. If only she knew, I DON'T CARE! "Then she shouldn't mind if you come with me."

"She probably wouldn't." He told her, "but I do."

"What?"

I had to hold my laughter in. She sounded so shocked. I'm sure it's not the first time she's been rejected. Stupid chick.

"Yeah, I don't want to go with you. Anywhere."

"But...w-why?" Was she going to cry?

"Well for one, I don't know you. Two, you're not my type, and three, I really don't feel like moving."

I chuckled at his last comment. Lazy ass.

Blondie glared at him for a few minutes before stomping away. That's when both of us burst out laughing.

"I hate girls like that!" He yelled, laying back on his towel.

"Everyone hates girls like that. You handled it well though. I was impressed."

"Yeah, well I really didn't want to leave you here alone. That was reason number four. I didn't tell her because I didn't want you in some girl fight. No matter how sexy it would have been, and you probably would have won."

"If you wanted to go with her, you could have gone. You wouldn't be hurting my feelings."

"I didn't want to go with, because as much as you hate to admit it, it WOULD have hurt your feelings if I had left you here alone." He said with a smirk.

"What makes you say that?"

He sat up and looked me right in the eyes. "You're alone too much at home. You don't get the attention you need, or deserve. That's part of the reason you came on this trip, is to get away from that. So if I would have left, you would have felt hurt."

Damn he was good. "So maybe you're right. It sounds like you know the feeling."

He laid back again. "Lets just say it's not just because I like to stare at you, that I'm thankful you came with us. If you weren't here, I would be making out with the slut right now."

I smiled. "I saved you. Now you owe me."

He closed his eyes and smiled. "I'll give you anything you want."

"Anything?" I asked.

"Anything."

"Wow. Then I need time to think about it. I have to make it good."

"Take all the time you need. I have loads of it."

I laid back on my towel too. The sun felt so good on my skin, and listening to the ocean made it the perfect day. Yes, I would rather be in it, but just knowing it's there in front of me is comforting.

"Hey." Said a voice above me. I opened my eyes to see a decently hot guy crouching next to me. I swear if he's here to flirt, I might rip his head off. I'm in my peaceful spot right now damn it!

"Hi." I sigh.

"Hey." Tyler said, sitting up.

The guy looked him over once and then turned back to me, dismissing Tyler. "I'm Sean."

Before I could open my mouth to speak Tyler answered. "I'm Tyler."

Sean glared slightly at him. "Good for you." He turned his attention back to me, "and you are?"

"Ebony." I answered.

"Ebony. That's pretty."

"Thanks." I mumbled. I don't want to talk to him right now. Not that I don't like making new friends, I'm just not in the mood right now.

"So, me and some other people are trying to play a volleyball game, but we're one person short."

Tyler scoffed. "Imagine that." He said under his breath. I couldn't help but smile.

"You wanna play?" Sean asked.

"I wou-"

"She doesn't want any part of your game. She's not interested." Tyler cut me off.

Sean looked up at him. "Why don't you let her answer?"

"Why don't you leave?" Tyler growled.

"I would." I said, before these two could get into it, "but...um." What do I say? I don't want to leave Tyler alone because we just established neither one of us gets enough attention? That would just give him another reason to give me a hard time. "I got stitches yesterday. I don't want to risk anything happening. I don't want to go back to the hospital." That sounded like a good enough excuse.

He looked at my shoulder. "Ok, I guess it was worth a shot. Hope your arm gets better fast. You look like you would be really good at volleyball."

I smiled. I'm beast at volleyball, but I'm not going to brag. "Thanks."

He stood up and walked back the way he came.

"Nice excuse." Tyler laughed.

"It wasn't an excuse. With my luck I would rip all of these stitches out, and have to get more. I refuse to go back to that hospital." I told him.

"You did the same thing I did. You avoided the real reason. You didn't want to leave me."

I rolled my eyes. "Is it that hard to believe I care a little?"

He smiled hugely. "It would be nice if you let it show more."

"Sometimes I think you're more of a chick than I am." I laughed.

He smiled. I layed back and closed my eyes again. I could feel Tyler's eyes on me, but I've gotten used to him staring at me, so I didn't acknowledge him.

"What the hell happened?!" Tyler yelled.

I opened my eyes and looked where he was running. Bently and Adam were walking over to us. Adam's arm was covered in blood. To quote Tyler; "What the hell happened?!"

I grabbed the extra towel from my bag and ran over to them. "Here." I handed it to Adam. He wrapped it around his arm.

"What happened?" Tyler asked again. You could hear the worry in this voice.

"I fell off my bored and got cut. Duh." Adam answered.

I rolled my eyes at his smart ass comment. "It looked worse than mine." I looked at Bently, "another hospital trip?"

He nodded. "I'll get your stuff punk. You go ahead to the car."

Adam did what he was told. I went and got my towel off the ground and stuffed it into the bag. I didn't care about how much sand was getting in it at the moment.

"This is my fault." Bently mumbled, "he asked me to leave, and I said no. Now he's hurt."

"This is not your fault. You were trying to help him." I said.

"Shut up!" Tyler yelled, "this is the first time he's taken the blame for anything. Let me enjoy it."

Bently glared a him, but didn't say anything. I knew he was blaming himself for what happened to Adam. Just think, if I hadn't said anything last night, Adam wouldn't be acting like this, and he wouldn't have gotten hurt. Technically, this is my fault.

"Stop blaming yourself." Tyler whispered to me.

"What?"

"It's what you're thinking."

"How did you kn-"

"I know you better than you think." He winked.

What? It's official. The boy lives to confuse me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is a lot of dialog, not that that's unusual for me, but I think it's more than normal. I couldn't really think of anything to write that they didn't have to speak, so they're speaking it. Does that make sense? Oh well. I don't like Adam not being Adam. I should fix that soon. They're going to be saying goodbye to the beach after this chapter, and I have no idea where I should make them end up. Any ideas would be nice. So vote and comment! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 271 21
Michael Clifford. I loved him. But he hurt me. I hate him, but I can't stop loving him no matter how hard I try. Even though he left me with somethin...
145K 5.5K 45
Jalissa Tucker is a twenty year old physical therapist assistant, that has plans to continue her education to be a physical therapist. She's quiet, s...
125K 2.2K 29
start: June-12-2018 TIME: 12:22 AM Same date End: 7:05 AM (COMPLETED) Warning: TAGALOG
216K 4.6K 34
"I'm connected to you" Started: November 21st 2016 Ended: January 21st 2017 I DO NOT OWN NONE OF THESE PICTURES!