Ages of HipHop

By Coora360

Young dancers would do anything to get a new groove on. Well, all except me. All my dancing life has just bee... More

City Life and Random Guy
Headaches
Class Dance
Street Dancing
Advanced Hip Hop
Natural Singer
Gunshots and Betrayed
Lingering off
Can't Dance
Superfruit (Surprisingly) Helps
Torturing Myself
Terrance Can Sing?
Who Knew Hip Hop Could be so Classical?
Going to Meet Mom
Singing Simple Songs
"I Can't Do this to Someone I care for"
It's All Over
Back to Normal. Well, Not Quite

A Violinist on the Street?

115 2 7
By Coora360

I was walking down the street to go shopping for some new clothes, when I heard a... violin?

I went over and heard this violinist playing the song Secrets by OneRepublic, and oh my God was he good! He had a stereo speaker that played and volumnized the sound of his electrical violin. People went by and placed dollar bills in his case like crazy!

The guys was pretty good, so I thought that I'd give him a bit. I felt around in my pockets for any dollar bills and I found a five. I shrugged and put the five dollar bill in the case. I gave him a smile and made my way to the store.

I was looking through the clothes, but I kept on hearing the song he was playing. Who knew that you could put something classical, like a violin, and make seem so awesome! Now that was a new age of hip-hop right there, even though I don't think that Secrets is hip-hop.

I checked out the new clothes I got and went out into the cool air of fall. The guy was counting up his money he got from his performance. I smiled at his happy expression and went to my apartment. Even though I was 16 and living on my own, it felt good to not be in so much stress.

I then got into my room and I got a call from, wouldn't ya know it, Home Boy, or Terrance.

"Yo!" he said, "Did you hear that street performer!?"

"Ha ha very funny," I said, "I was just near the store he was playing at!"

"Okay, now this is just getting freaky."

"Ya think?"

He gave a small chuckle.

"Hey... uh, Coora? You said something about visiting your dad. How was it? If you went yet."

I just remembered that lie I made up.

"I, uh, haven't gone yet," I said, "They said I could visit him at five or six, so yeah."

"Hey, just so you know, everyone here misses you dancing. When you can, please come back to dance. I especially miss you."

"W-wait, what?" I asked, confused about that last note.

"U-uh... I mean, I..... I just miss..... seeing you all energetic and having fun on the dance floor."

"Ok.....okay?"

"L-l-look, forget I said that last thing. We hope to see you soon again, Coora."

"Same here," I said, "Anyways, gotta go. I need to finish up something."

"O-Okay. See ya Coora."

"Bye."

I shut my phone and flopped onto my bed.

Terrance just said he missed me. Did he mean-?

NO COORA! DON'T THINK THAT STUFF! He's just a friend and someone who's in your dancing class. No one else!

At least, I hope so.....

K.C.T Yes, yes, yes, I know this was short, but I had some MAJOR writer's block. Like, BAD writers block. DON'T BE MAD PLZ!! Anyways, I promise I'll have something else up the ext chapter that's not so short. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 346 4
If I had known my life would take such a 360 turn, I would've enjoyed life to the fullest, I wouldn't have rushed anything, But I didn't know what I...
267 31 30
The story of bullying and romance and gangs. And abuse. It shows how any life can get out of hand. "My boyfriends father is choking me! Because I wo...
1.1K 54 45
~THIS BOOK IS CURRENTLY BEING EDITED~ Highest Rankings: #1 in Xanax #8 in Parental Abuse 18+ This story does contain mature topics. Some topics make...
497 129 26
Hey! I'm Winifred. People think I have it all,my parents are famous and I'm ridiculously rich but there is one thing I don't have and it's something...