My Life as a Teenage Superhero

By sunshineluver

Nikki Star was an orphan, taken from foster home to foster home, when on her 15th birthday, she realized that... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
URGENT! READ!
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chappter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
A Note to Fans
A Note to Fans

Chapter 21

39.9K 366 47
By sunshineluver

atswhay upay?  (Pig Latin, or at least I tried my best to make it Pigs Latin :D)  so a lot of people said I should do the Watty Awards, so I think I'm gonna give it a shot :)  The only problem is that I have to replace one of my categories :p  (teen fiction and adventure). 

I love both those categories, but I know I have to choose one, so which one do you guys think suits the story best?  Or gets the most views?

I won't be able to write for a couple of days, because my friends from Indiana are coming (actually they're already here), and I won't be getting any free time (literally.  I barely have time to brush my hair! But I love them all to pieces anyways :D)

So it's not my fault if I don't write for a couple days!!  And I just want to warn you guys, starting next Sunday I won't be able to write for a whole WEEK! I'm going to my uncles lakehouse at an island right above Chicago, next to Canada, which takes 3 DAYS!!! of traveling, then I stay for 4 days, and then it takes 3 days to get back!  So that's 10 days of no writing!!! D:

Okay, enough about my boring life!!  Have fun reading!

**********************************************************************************************

 RECAP

His forehead wrinkled as he thought, and he said, "Ohh, so hard to recall exactly what she said... ah yes, I remember now.  She was talking about the robots."

*****************************************************************************************************

My mouth was hanging open.  There was the whole robot thing again! 

"Robots?"  I asked, confusion clear in my voice.  Mr. Jones didn't seem to know anything about it though, as he shrugged, and said, "That's just what she said, sweetie.  I don't know any more than you do about it."

I felt my shoulders slump in disappointment, but I tried to hide it, saying, "Well, that's okay.  Thank you for your time."

Mr. Jones smiled and shook my hand.  "I'm glad to help you.  You seem like a nice group of people.  I only wish you wouldn' t get caught up in all of this robot nonsense.  That's what Sally did, and... well, look how that turned out."

I nodded sadly, feeling a little guilty now about coming to his house and questioning him about his dead daughter, but I knew that it had to be done.

With a final smile at Mr. Jones, and a nod at Mrs. Jones (who was still glaring at me like she wished she could shoot lasers at me out of her eyes),  I stepped up to the door.

My group followed me, and I reached down and turned the knob, only to be blinded by a bright light the second the door swung open. 

I shielded my eyes and automatically took a step back, blinking in surprise.  The whole yard was filled with armed men covered head to toe in black clothing.  The yard was filled with bright lights..

And all the guns were aimed right at us.

I slowly walked back into the house, trying to be casual, and then I quickly slammed the door.  I turned around and saw that the rest of my team looked panicked, not sure of what to do.

"Guys, we need a plan!"  I whispered quickly.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious."  Tanner snapped sarcastically, and I glared at him.

"You're very welcome, Sergent Sarcasm."  I shot back.

"Guys, seriously?  You're fighting at a time like THIS?"  Natalie asked in disbelief.  Immediately fought the urge to keep insulting Tanner, but I kept glaring at him.

"What should we do?  There's thousands of them!"  Rose whispered hysterically, her eyes wide in fear.

I cleared my throat loudly, and they all turned to look at me.  "I've got a plan, but you're going to think I'm crazy."  I said, with a grin.

Tanner's P.O.V.

"You want us to do WHAT?!?"  I asked in disbelief.  Nikki only smirked at me, teasing "What, is little Tanner scared?"

Anger ran through my blood, and I opened my mouth to say something back, but Slink demanded, "NOT NOW!"

He was glaring at me, and instantly I remembered what he had said to me earlier, while we were waiting for Nikki to give the signal for us to come in.

"I saw you two out in the forest.  Nikki's my friend, and if you hurt her in ANY way,  I will put you in the Emergency Room, in intensive care."

I was a little shocked by what he had said, to be honest.  Looking at Slink, he didn't look like he could hurt a fly, he just looked like your everyday nerd, but I had heard the sincerity in his voice, and I knew that he meant ever word he'd said.

That had made me a little mad, that he thought I'd ever hurt Nikki.  I don't think I'd ever be able to hurt her, not even if someone paid me a million dollars.....

I was jerked out of my thoughts by Nikki, who had been standing by the window, watching the army of people aiming guns at the house.

"Okay guys, time to move."  she informed us, but I didn't miss the excitement in her voice, at the thought of what we were going to do.

Reluctantly, I followed her upstairs, to the room which Mr. Jones had informed us had a open-up sunroof.

Nikki was feeling around on the wall, for a switch I guess, and sure enough, seconds later the roof pulled open silently, revealing the star-filled night sky.

I knew she was waiting for Mr. Jones to give the signal. 

The room was quiet as we all waited, except for the padding of Nikki's feet as she went to the closet and found the ladder.

About 5 seconds later, we heard the sound of Mr. Jones coughing loudly, and we knew it was time to move. 

As quickly as I could, i picked the ladder off the floor from where Nikki had left it, and I leaned it against the wall, trying desperately not to make any sound.

As soon as I was sure that the ladder was secure and wouldn't fall, I jumped back, letting everyone else go first.  Rose crawled through, followed by Slink, Natalie, and Hope.  I watched Nikki crawl up the ladder, and then, like all the others, she disappeared off the edge.

Not wanting to be left behind, I hurried up the ladder, and bracing myself, I jumped off of the roof.

I barely had time to blink before I landed on a branch, only about 10 feet above the people with the guns.

I looked up and caught one last glimpse of Nikki's bright hair, before she was out of sight.

Nikki's P.O.V.

I crawled across the brances, trying as hard as I could not to make the branches break from underneath me.

Suddenly, I felt my foot slip, and before I knew what was happening, a tiny twig had broken off the branch.

I watched in horror as it fell towards the ground, and landed....

Right on one of the gunman's head.

I was barely breathing as I looked down, watching the guy the branch had hit.  He reached up to his head, and started feeling around.  His hand landed on the twig, and I saw his face scrunch up in confusion.

I knew he was going to look up.  I could feel it, and frantically, I looked around, trying to think of somehting to do.  His head was starting to turn....

I launched myself fowards, trying not to squeeze my eyes shut in terror.  My arms thrashed around desperatly, trying to find something to grab on to.

My fingers touched a branch, and immediatly I grabbed. 

So there I was, hanging down from a branch that could easily break any second and let me plunge to my death.  Meanwhile, a whole army of gunman were right underneath me, literally, if I wanted to I could kick one of them in the head. 

 The only thing distracting them was Mr. Jones, who was putting on a huge show right in front of the house.

He must have seen me, becuase his eyes locked on mine, and they widened in shock.  I stared back, trying to warn him with my eyes to turn away so they wouldn't notice him looking at me.

I could tell that some of the men were getting fed up of listening to Mr. Jones. 

"Listen old man, either you tell us where they are, or we break your door down and search your whole freaking house!"  a particualry buff man snapped.

I tried even harder to get back on the branch, and finally I succeded in swinging my leg over.  I sighed in relief as I pulled myelf up, and I found myself face to face with Tanner, who was staring at me in total shock.

"What are you doing?" he mouthed, but I shook my head to let him know that I'd tell him later.

I crawled from branch to branch, faster this time because I knew that we needed to get out of there.

I was starting to feel confident that we'd gotten away, but then I saw the tree, that was at least 10 feet away.  I started to panic, because with all the other branches I could just crawl from tree to tree.  I definatly couldn't crawl to THAT one.

I heard Tanner coming up behind me, and he stopped dead when he saw the wide gap between the trees. 

I could tell that he was thinking, and finally he pointed to one of the large vines connected to the tree.

I gave him  a puzzled look.  What on Earth did he expect me to do with a couple of vines?

He rolled his eyes, like he couldn't believe that I didn't know what he was trying to say.  He picked up one of the vines, and wrapping his hands around it, he jumped right off the tree.

I almost screamed, but I caught myself just in time.  I looked over the branch, sure I was going to see Tanner laying crumpled on the ground, but instead I saw...

Him swinging on a vine towards the other tree?

Wait, is that what I was supposed to do??  I felt panic rise in me, as I looked over the branch once again, at the ground that was so far away.

Who did he think I was, TARZAN?  If I tried that, I was going to break every bone in my body!

I watched as Tanner made a perfect landing on the other tree.  He turned and gave me a cocky smile, then motioned for me to hurry up.

I looked down at the ground again, and gulped.

'Just do it, Nikki!  Come on!  Just suck it up and do it!'  I chanted to myself in my head, and before I could talk myself out of it, I jumped off the branch, clinging to my vine for dear life.

******************************************************************************************************

So did ya like it?  COMMENT!!!  Your comments mean so much to me guys, seriously :)  NO VOTE CHALLENGE!!  I know, don't you love me :D  but it's only becuase I won't have time to write, so it's not really fair if I give you a goal and can't even upload when you reach it!  Soo..... OODBYEGAY!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...