His Heart's Love (Book 3 in H...

By AmateurRomanceWriter

Ethan met the love of his life at 20, but a stupid mistake cost him to lose her. Now five years later he has... More

Introduction
GENERAL UPDATE
Q&A
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
FACEBOOK PAGE
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
UPDATE
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
UPDATE
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
UPDATE
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
UPDATE
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
UPDATE
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
What's next?
Epilogue
Acknowledgements

Chapter 21

56.7K 2K 28
By AmateurRomanceWriter

Ethan

"You okay bro?" Jason asked me.

I nodded.

"It doesn't look like it," Jason said.

"She finally agreed to move back with me for Faith's sake," I said. "But she hasn't changed her mind about us."

"It's a start. But Ethan, you can't force her. You have to give her the time and space she needs."

I nodded. "I know. But it hurts you know. It hurts knowing she's right in front of me, but I can't just walk over to her and hold her... Hug her."

"I know... I know what you mean, but she's hurting. You can see it in her eyes, and if you push too hard, you're going to lose her completely."

"No matter what I do, I feel like I'm losing her," I said.

Jason squeezed my shoulder comfortingly in response.

"We're all here for you little bro... For all of you."

I nodded. "Thanks. I appreciate it."

Jason smiled.

"You're little girl looks so much like you and it's quite obvious that Andi did an amazing job raising her," Lucas said as he walked over to us.

I smiled proudly. "With a mom like Andi, there's no question that Faith turned out a wonderful little girl."

Lucas smiled and nodded. "The twins are all over her," Lucas nodded towards his sons hugging Faith, and Faith giggling with joy.

"This is how it should have always been," I murmured painfully.

"We all made mistakes, but it's never too late to make things right," Luke said.

"People always say that... But is it really never too late?" I responded.

"The people who believes otherwise, are the ones who gave up too quickly," Luke pointed out.

"I will never give up on Andi or Faith."

"I didn't say you would," he said with a smile. "And if you did, then you wouldn't be the man we all know you to be," he added. "You're not a quitter, Ethan."

We spent the next little while playing with the kids, while we wait for our wives to return.

"Oh by the way, Adam called me earlier today he said he'll match the proceeds that will be collected tomorrow night and donate the same amount to Olivia's org," Luke said.

"Really? That's great," We all said in unison.

"Yeah, Livie and I are just so grateful to all of you for all the support and generosity you've been giving," Luke said.

"It's our pleasure," Marco said with a smile.

I nodded and clapped my brother's back.

I can still see the pain in my brother's eyes. I know that he will carry that pain for the rest of his life. What happened to Liv still makes me angry and makes me want to rip out that bastard's throat, but that would be too easy for that low life. And looking at Liv, she's just so strong and she wouldn't want us to keep on thinking about the past.

After finding out the truth about what happened to Liv, we've all looked into supporting women who suffered from abuse. Now Liv has started her own organization supporting women and children who are victims of abuse.  It only started a few months ago, but the org has already done a lot of good to the community, and I can see the pride in Luke's eyes when he looks at his wife.

Speaking of wife... Right on time, our wives returned from their "girl time."

I have no doubt that my sister in-laws asked questions about our past, and no doubt they probably hate my guts right now.

My eyes were only on Andi though, so I can't tell if they're looking at me with disdain. But I could tell that Andi cried, and knowing that never fails to hurt me.

I hate it when Andi cries, and I hate it even more that I'm the reason for her tears.

Andi smiled as she landed her gaze on Faith giggling.

"I've never seen her this happy," Andi said, as she sat beside me.

I smiled. "She's surrounded by a loving family."

Andi nodded. "This is all I want. For Faith to be happy."

"And you? What will make you happy?" I asked.

The smile died on Andi's face.

I reached up and tilted her face towards me.

"Faith..." She whispered huskily, then cleared her throat and moved her face away from my grasp. "I'm happy as long as she is," she said.

I grabbed Andi's hand and lifted it up to my lips.

I kissed her palm softly, and I felt her shiver under my lips.

Her eyes flared, and colour rose to her cheeks.

She tried to pull her hand back, but I tightened my hold on her hand, and intertwined our fingers.

"What are you doing?" She hissed.

"Enjoying my time with my family," I whispered back.

"You can do that without holding my hand," she whispered back.

"Ands, please," I said pleading with my eyes.

All I want us to be close to Andi. To hold her. If she only knew how much I want to hold her in my arms...

Andi sighed and relaxed and turned back towards the kids.

Andi

"She's never been around so much family," I said on the drive home from Luke and Olivia's place.

Ethan smiled. "Now she'll always be."

I smiled and nodded.

Seeing how happy Faith was today, assured me that I made the right decision coming back here. Ethan's family and friends were amazing and so welcoming, that I never for one minute felt out of place. The girls were wonderful and accepted me into the fold so quickly, it was as if I've known them all these years.

"It's so good to see you smile," Ethan said, interrupting my thoughts.

I was smiling? I didn't even realize...

"I had a great time today," I admitted. "Your family and friends are incredible and wonderful people."

"They are, and they're your family now too. They're ours," Ethan said.

"Not for long," I pointed out.

Ethan's smile died on his lips. He sighed and looked back out the window.

I immediately felt guilty and regretted my words.

"Ethan..."

He looked towards me with a pain-filled expression and it took everything in me to stop myself from throwing myself at him.

"I'm sorry," I simply said.

He gave me a sad smile and ran his knuckles down my cheek caressingly.

"You've made yourself perfectly clear with what you want. I'm the one who doesn't want to listen," he said. "So don't apologize for voicing out how you feel."

"I'm not trying to be cruel..."

"You could never be that," he said. "I know that you want space from me, and I will try to give you just that. Just please don't expect me to stop loving you or stop hoping that one day you'll forgive me and give me a second chance."

"Ethan..." I started to protest but he held his finger up to my lips to silence my protest.

"I want you to love me again, Andi. But I'm not going to force you to love me and be with me again. I'm going to give you the time and space you need, just please don't close your door on me just yet."

"I can't promise you anything."

He nodded. "Just say you won't completely close your door on me. Please," he pleaded.

I swallowed hard.

Say no! Say no! I told myself, but instead I found myself nodding in agreement.

What's the matter with you?

I don't know...

When we arrived back at Ethan's place, he carried Faith up to her room and we tucked her in together.

Poor baby, she didn't even move while we laid her down. She was so tired from playing and meeting Ethan's big family.

"You should get some rest too," Ethan said as he closed Faith's door.

"Have you got everything you need for tomorrow night?" He asked.

I nodded.

"I have to go to the office tomorrow and attend a couple of meetings with clients. I'll be home at 6pm to pick you up," he said.

I nodded.

"We'll drop Faith off at Adam's and then go from there," he said.

"Sounds good."

There was an awkward silence between us before he nodded and said, "what happened earlier..."

That... Damn I thought he's going to let it go... I guess not.

"I don't regret it," he said. "And I meant what I said, Ands. No matter what the tabloids said about me and those women. I didn't sleep with any of them. I..."

"You don't have to explain," I cut him off.

"But I do. You're my wife."

"You're a man and you have needs, I wouldn't hold it against you if you slept with those women."

I really don't like this conversation...

"I couldn't... I didn't want any of them."

We stared at each other for a few moments.

"I... I just wanted you to know," he said.

I nodded.

What else can I say? But the truth is, I wanted to ask him why? Why all those women? Why parade them if he wasn't sleeping with them?

"It was my PR people."

I frowned in confusion. What?

"I was with those women at events because of my PR people. I was an eligible bachelor and they said I needed to look the part. I needed to embody what it was like to be rich and successful at such a young age." He snickered. "Stupid huh?"

"You did what you thought you had to... to... Ah... Well... " Now, I'm babbling like an idiot!

"Yeah, but I realized now that it didn't really make any sense," he said. "Anyways, you should really get some rest."

I nodded. "Goodnight then," I said.

"Goodnight," I heard him say as I walked towards my room.

***

Ethan

"Daddy!" Faith exclaimed as I walk through the front door.

"Hi princess," I said as I scooped her up into my arms.

My heart swelled with so much joy. I will never get tired of coking home to this.

"Mommy said I get to spend time with grandma Linda tonight and Unca Adam and Aunt Ally's baby," she said in excitement. "I love babies!"

I chuckled. "I can tell," I said tickling her tummy.

"Where's mommy?" I asked.

"Mommy said to tell you when you come back that she's coming down soon," Faith said, just as I heard the sound of heels clicking on the floor. 

I looked up and found Andi coming down the stairs.

My breath caught in my throat.

She looks so fucking beautiful! She's a fucking vision!

I walked towards her with Faith in my arms.

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I held my other hand out to her.

"Hi," she said.

I had to clear my throat before I could speak. "Hi. Wow. You look so damn beautiful," I said.

Faith giggled. "Daddy you said a bad word!"

I did? "I did?"

"It's okay," Faith whispered to me. "I forgive you," she said, causing me to chuckle.

"Thanks for being so understanding princess," I winked at her. "Your mom is just so beautiful, I'm at a loss for words," I said.

Andi chuckled. "Okay you two, we better get going."

"What? Can't I admire my wife?"

"Ethan..."

"Okay. Okay. Let's get going then, my beautiful..." I was about to say wife again, when Andi gave me a pointed look. "Okay. Fine," I grumbled. "Just beautiful. Let's go beautiful," I muttered.

Andi chuckle as she shook her head. "You're daddy's a pain in the..."
Andi stopped herself, while Faith giggled.

"Mommy, you almost said a bad word too!"

"I did huh?" Andi said, while she tickled Faith's tummy causing Faith to erupt into a fit of laughter.

"Mommy!" Faith squealed.

I look back and forth between my girls and felt my chest swell with overflowing joy and happiness.

"What's wrong?" Andi asked me.

"Huh? Nothing. I... I'm just so happy," I said.

Andi nodded.

"We better go," I said.

***

"Be good, sweet face okay?" Andi said after giving Faith a hug and a kiss.

"I will mommy," Faith said.

"Thanks again, Linda for doing this," Andi said.

"My pleasure. I love spending time with my granddaughters," Adam's mom, Linda beamed.

"We'll pick you up in the morning, ok princess?"

Faith nodded her head.

We gave her one last hug and a kiss before leaving.

I can see Andi fidgeting and I couldn't Leo the chuckle that escaped me.

I grasped her hand in mine. "Hey. Don't be nervous," I said.

"I'm trying. It's just... I don't know if I'll ever get used to the cameras," she said.

"I won't leave your side," I promised.

She smiled tentatively.

Andi

Ethan gave my hand an encouraging squeeze before we stepped out of the car.

The photographers immediately took pictures and their flash was blinding me.

Ethan kept me close and gave me an encouraging smile, which made me feel better.

I smiled back at home gratefully.

After that fiasco, I was finally able to breathe properly once we entered the venue.

A woman immediately approached me, before we even say at our table.

"Ms. Francis?" She asked.

"Mrs. Henderson, actually," Ethan corrected.

"Oh... Sorry."

"It's alright," I said.

"Mr. Andrews asked me to escort you at the back when you arrived," she said.

"Oh..."

"Ands, you really should stay, I'm sure whatever Mr. Andrews have to say can wait," Ethan said.

"I'll be quick," I said to Ethan.

He opened his mouth to protest but then closed it shut again.

I nodded towards the woman and followed her.

She took me to a private room where the band is.

I haven't seen them in so long, and I must admit I'm excited to see them.

She opened the door, and I could hear Jack and Gavin teasing each other.

"Holy shit!" Jack exclaimed once he saw me.

I chuckled.

"Well hello there gorgeous," Gavin winked, as he jogged towards me, lifted me into his arms and twirled me around.

I laughed. "Hey there handsome," I said.

"Oops, sorry, I'm messing up your dress!" He said sheepishly.

Jack made a move wrap me in his arms, but Gavin stopped him.

"Dude! Her dress," he said.

"I'm not going to maul the girl, idiot!" He responded. "Come here, Ands," he said, and we hugged each other.

"It's so good to see you guys again," I said.

"You have to sing with us," Gavin said.

I shook my head. "No. Really."

"You should have been with us all along," Gavin said, and Leo elbowed him in the gut.

"What the fuck was that for?" He said as he rubbed his stomach.

"You have a big mouth," Jack said.

No doubt they were talking about me choosing love over the band.

"Well I wanted to come and wish you guys the best of luck," I said with a smile.

"How about a song or two for old times sake?" Leo asked.

"I'll think about it," I said. "Anyways, I better get back. Ethan's waiting for me."

"How's the asshat?" Gavin asked.

"He's not an asshat," I said.

Leo snorted.

"Leo..."

"I just don't want to see you get hurt again," he said.

"I won't. I'm doing this for Faith."

He nodded. "Can we talk afterwards?" He asked.

I nodded. "Sure. I'll come see you after you guys perform," I said.

I hugged then one last time before returning to Ethan.

As I make my way back to our table, I saw a red head talking to Ethan. She was too close for comfort. I looked at Ethan, and he didn't seem at all interested. In fact, he looked pissed off. But that didn't stop me from getting jealous.

Jealous?

I push the thought away. I have no right to be jealous.

Ethan looked my way and saw me approaching. He smiled at me and stood up from his seat.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close.

"Helen, this is my wife, Andrea," Ethan said, and I almost burst into laughter looking at the red head's shocked expression.

"Wife?" She shrieked. "I... I didn't know you were married. 

"Now you do, and I'd appreciate it if you spread it around," Ethan said.

The red head glared at me before she walked away.

"Wow," I said.

"Ignore her," Ethan said.

I could see her looking at Ethan longingly.

"Are you freaking kidding me," I groaned.

"What?" Ethan said as he followed my gaze.

"Andi..."

"One of yours?"

"Jealous," he retorted.

I scowled at him. "In your dreams."

He chuckled. "I've told you before... You're not a good liar."

I ignored him and settled  down on my seat.

"You're so beautiful when you're jealous," he whispered in my ear.

"I'm not jealous!" I hissed.

He simply chuckled.

"For what it's worth, I wanted to follow you and beat the shit out of Andrews," he said.

I looked at him with wide eyes.

"He wants you," he said. "He wants what's mine."

"I'm not yours," I pointed out.

"Not yet," he said with a wink.

Aargh! The man is frustrating!

I look over at the red head, Helen, whatever her name is, and she was looking back at me nastily, causing my blood to boil.

What the hell is her problem?

"You better tell your woman to back off."

"She's not my woman," he said.

I snorted. "Does she know that?" I retorted.

Ethan's mouth set in a grim line.

I shook my head in response.

I will not let that bimbo ruin my night.

*****

Excuse the many errors you'll probably find. I really wanted to update for you guys, so I typed this really quickly!!! hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 47.4K 35
Annabelle Vaughn never thought of coming so close to seeing a billionaire much less falling in love with one. Now it has happened and she can't live...
7.2M 158K 34
"Hey Babe! I am having a surprise news for you!!" Anna cooed with the joy to tell Ethan that she is pregnant. "Before that sign the divorce paper!"...
2.6M 98.4K 34
'The asshole' is back! You first met him in Just Tell Me You Love Me. And now he's back. And so is she, Allyson Cassidy. Adam Murray fell in love wit...
5.4M 152K 42
"Say something, anything. Tell me they're lies, that what we have is real. Tell me you love me, Liam." I sobbed. I waited for him to say something, b...