Love Happens

By thefanzonestruggles

Teen romance is overrated. Kit Dawson is probably the only sane person at Finnigan High who thinks so... More

before you start reading.
1. "Confessions With Cupid."
2. "Sheep are creepy."
3. "Aloha, Kittycat."
4. "Stalkers and whatever-his-name-is."
5. "You Talk A Lot."
6. "Not gonna let you go until you say bye."
7. "We're definitely not strangers anymore."
8. "Stalkerism is probably his religion."
9. "You're a Saggitarian and we're not compatible."
10. "It's just for four days, mom."
11. "You found me."
12. "Hawaii is so beeping beautiful."
13. "I affect you."
14. "How convenient."
15. "Cage is a weirdo."
16. "Just eat it, Kit."
17. "He just left me."
18. "I'm such an idiot."
19. "Talk about being so creepily bipolar."
20. "And what would you know about true love?"
21. "I don't want to like him."
23. "Kit l-o-v-e-s Cage!"
24. "Who the hell let you wear this dress?"
25. "Kit. Is this your first kiss?"
26. "Hey, it isn't what it looks like!"
27. "I don't even know who I am anymore."
28. "You didn't look like the nerd type."
29. "I thought I was your one true love."
30. "Stop stealing my girlfriend away, Dawson."
31. "Do you want to spend time with me?"
32. "I'd put the whole world on hold if it means I get to see you."
33. "You're very pretty. Just in case you didn't know."
34. "I have it real bad for you."
35. "I can't believe we're actually here."
36. "He's more into blondes than he'd ever do brunette."
37. "They're hot, but don't have too many brain cells."

22. "I'm nobody, but you can call me Kirstin."

278 29 37
By thefanzonestruggles

"Talk?" I asked, lowering my gaze to my shoes.

"Yeah," Cage said, sounding tired. Something ticked in me. What did I do?

"Um, alright. What do you wanna talk about?" I murmured.

"You know what I wanna talk about," Cage said, glaring at me.

"Actually, nope." I shrugged. "Just tell me."

"Okaaaaay," Cage said, with a slow, exaggerated eyeroll. "I need to get one thing clear. Whatever happened yesterday was a big mistake. Whatever I said in the stupid restaurant about me liking you and you being special and shit... I didn't mean it."

Ouch.

I literally felt like I'd been punched in the face. Wounded. For one second, it was like someone tore my body open and ripped my heart right out of my chest.

And what the heck happened to Cage?

I found myself raising my eyebrows. "Oh?"

He glanced back to where his friends were, distractedly. And at this time, I stared at him. This boy was Cage. His messy hair, sharp jawline and blue eyes were once features that I would have found attractive. But right now, they looked horribly ugly to me. His eyes weren't gorgeous anymore, they just looked dead, lifeless.

And that's what made me realize. Was Cage okay?

He looked back at my face, before saying harshly: "Yeah, so I just wanted to clear that out with you before we leave tomorrow. Oh, and Kit. Don't take it too personally, alright?"

I crossed my arms across my chest, staring at him. "Personally?"

"Yeah, cause I don't want any of your friends coming over and screaming at me for breaking your heart or shit."

I had to take a deep breath to steady myself. Cage was being an utter complete asshole. And all I wanted to do at this point was strangle him, then cry for endless hours, eating ice cream and watching The Notebook.

I just stared at him. There had to be a reason. Did I do something wrong? Why was he saying all of this so suddenly? There had to be a reason.

Cage stared back at me, suddenly looking a little less annoyed and more regretful. Well, too bad, you asshole, you screwed up.

"Well, I appreciate the fact that you decided to share your opinion with me," I finally said, slowly. "But, I don't care anymore.

I swirled around, marching away stiffly. Don't cry, Kit, I tell myself. Don't you effin cry.

And then, I heard him yell, "Kitteh, wait!"

I wanted to slap him. Was he seriously such an asshole? What was wrong with him? I thought... I thought we could have been something.

But no. All boys are the same. He probably realized he's still in love with Maya or something.

"What do you want?" I snapped, turning around to face him. He was closer than I wanted him to be, his hands running through his hair frustratedly, him muttering incohorent words under his breath.

"I'm really..." he paused, hesitating. "Nothing, just... Are you gonna be there at the party tonight?"

Party?

"You know, the farewell party both schools organized? It's gonna be right here on the beach, and everybody's coming. Are you?"

I hate him.

"No," I said, bluntly. "Why do you care? I mean nothing, remember?"

"Oh come on. Its a party. Tanner's your friend, right? Tanner's gonna be there," he said, rubbing his palms together, looking up at me desperately

"So will you, sooo eff off," I shot back.

"Baby?" a girly voice broke into our conversation, and there she was, standing behind him. And she was even prettier up close. Annoyance surged through me like a rocket, and I plastered a fake smile on my face.

She took Cage's hand in hers, kissing it all over softly, before looking up at me. "Baby, who's this?"

Cage looked stressed. "Maya-"

"I'm nobody, but you can also call me Kirstin," I interrupted, holding my hand out for her to shake. Her eyes narrowed at my gesture and she ignored me.

"Cage, how do you know her?" She questioned him, wrapping her arms around his torso, looking up at him with literal heart eyes. Cage opened his mouth but I beat him to it.

"Oh, he doesn't know me at all, we're practically strangers. He means nothing to me anyways," his face crumpled up with regret as I used his own words back at him. "Anyways, I have to go. Have fun, guys!"

And then, I was running. Running across the sand, away from them, trying to forget his face, her face, and I just wanted the ocean to swallow me up. I was done with him. Absolutely done.

I was sniffing slightly by the time I made it to the hotel lobby. I marched towards the elevators, bumping into people as I did, ignoring their glances of irritation. I felt foolish for actually almost crying over a boy.

Now, I knew it. If this was how a simple crush felt like, I didn't even want to think about love. I would never fall in love. I hated how one person could hurt you so easily- I hated how love makes you so vulnerable.

I didn't know much about it before, but now I did.

I walked faster through the over crowded hotel lobby as more tears formed, blurring my vision. Suddenly, a pair of hands grabbed me, pulling me towards them, me crashing face first into somebody's chest. What the fuck?

I looked up at this stranger, seconds away from punching them, before realizing I was looking into a pair of very similar green eyes.

"Kit?"

"Vegas," I hugged him back with force, suddenly relieved to have him here. "You're here."

"What happened, baby sis?" He asked worriedly, brushing my tears away with his thumbs, the same way Tanner had done in the morning.

"Nothing, I was just.. homesick."

"Right, like I'd believe you out of all the people to be homesick."

"No, I just miss home, Veggie." I knew that his stupid nickname would shut him up.

He cringed. "Please don't. My friends are here."

I looked behind him to see a group of people, who all smiled brightly and waved at me. I waved back, hoping I didn't look like I had been crying. "Cool."

"Kitty, there's also someone I'd like you to meet." Vegas blushed before turning around and reached for a brunette's hand. She was tall and pretty, with dark brown hair that was pulled back with a colorful bandana. "This is Josie."

"Hey," she gushed, excitedly and also nervously. "I can't believe I'm meeting you! Vegas told me a lot about you, haha. And Vegas, she's so pretty!"

"Girlfriend?" I grinned. Vegas smirked. "One and only."

"I love her. I approve," I winked.

"That's a relief. Hey Kit, I wish we had more time but we need to leave. We're actually staying in a place much further away and I had to stop by to see you real quick."

"Aw, okay. So when are you coming home?" I pouted.

"In about two months."

"What?! YES! Freedom!"

Vegas pouted as Josie laughed. "Bye, sucker," Vegas pulled me into a final hug. "You'll so miss me."

"No way, loser. Have a great trip," I laughed, pecking him on the cheek before watching them leave the hotel hurriedly and excitedly, Vegas' arm swung around Josie's waist- all of them looking young and happy.

Why do I sound fifty years old?

By now, I was in a slightly better mood- all the hurt I had felt, now pure anger. I hated him. I hope he goes jumps in a well somewhere with his dumb Maya. I DON'T CARE.

Humming some Beyonce song to myself, I walked into the elevators amd to my room, where Aleisha lay on the bed. She didn't even give me a second glance as she continued texting someone.

Ignoring her, I went to where my bag lay, and emptied its contents on the bed. Where the hell was my dumb phone?

As I rummaged through all the stuff that was now scattered over my bed, my fingers fluttered over a crumpled napkin that lay to the corner. Confused, I opened it out and smoothened it to see that on it was written in scrawly black ink-

Call me maybe? ;) xoxo Casson

And he had written his number.

I sat back and recalled that day. It felt like centuries ago when in reality, it was yesterday.

What if I invite him to this party as a declaration of peace? I mean, come on, give everybody a second chance.

I felt an evil smirk spread over my lips, as I slowly dialed in Casson's number. Why not give Cage a taste of his own medicine?

-x-

Don't forget to voooteee and leave a nice comment for moi, oui?♥

Love,
Harshita.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254 0 24
Caitlin Sanford shows you HOW to get through senior year of school living in a small town filled with parties, sports,love triangles, difficult paren...
274K 8.9K 36
Finnly Cage had it all. Her perfect life in California couldn't have gotten much better. But when there's a devastating turn in events, her once car...
278 31 8
Belle Harrington has three dreams for senior year. 1.) Get into Harvard. 2.) Truly fall in love. 3.) Stay out of prison. Seems simple right? When you...
44.8K 689 25
𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐚 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬. Twenty years old. A junior in college. A girl with high expectations, high hopes and dreams to be in the music industries. She...