Feelings are Over-Rated (Kyle...

By ambrosaurus

Zac is a highschool student who keeps to himself, Kyle just transferred to the high school and has trouble ma... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

CHAPTER TWELVE

132 3 3
By ambrosaurus

Zacs POV

Late Sunday night, I walk up to the front door of my house and watch Kyle drive away after dropping me off. I get inside my house and put my back against the closed door. This weekend was so perfect. Too bad it's over. And we have school tomorrow. Ugh, school. I blink my eyes and decide now would be a good time to unpack all of my things. I hardly take one step from the door before I'm bombarded with questions from mum.

"Hi, Zac! How was it? Did you have fun? What did you do? Was his mum there the whole time? Did you do anything I should know about? Did Kyle-"

"Woah, mum, calm down! Were you just waiting for me to walk through the door since you got home?"

"Maybe."

"Mum!"

"I just want to know how things went!"

"Things went fine." I laugh as I try to push past her. She blocks the way.

"So... What did you and Kyle do?" She asked, trying not to sound as interested as she actually was. What does she think we did?

"We watched like every movie on Earth and ate our weight in junk food." I exaggerate.

"Did you do anything... Bad?" My eyes widen. Oh.

"Mum! Why would you even ask that?" I exclaim.

"Can't I be concerned about my son doing adult things?"

"We didn't do anything like... that. Jesus Christ, mum!" I facepalm, utterly embarrassed that she actually asked me that.

"Aw now your face has gone all red!" Mum laughs.

"Please stop." I beg.

"Fine, fine! Teenaged boys, no fun to mess with." She rolls her eyes and I give a light laugh.

"I'm going to go unpack. I'm probably going to go to bed soon, too. I'm exhausted."

"Exhausted from all the nothing you and Kyle did?" I laugh again and make my way to my room.

Quickly, I unpack my bag and flop down on my bed. I spend most of the night just laying there, texting Kyle until I fall asleep.

In the morning, I awoke to see that I was still in the same clothes I wore yesterday and I had fallen asleep with my phone in my hand. When I checked, I had one new message from Kyle that was sent around one in the morning. I opened the message.

"You must have fallen asleep, you nutter. Sweet dreams, beautiful.
-Kyle x"

I smile and bite my lip as I read it. I type out a text to Kyle quickly.

"Sorry for falling asleep.
-Zac x"

Not long after, I got a reply.

"That's okay. How did you sleep?
-Kyle x"

I change into different clothes before I respond.

"Pretty well I guess. And yourself?
-Zac x"

I went along with my normal morning routine and make my way to the kitchen when I'm all ready to go. As I stand there, I get a reply.

"Not as well as I could have if I had your arms around me. *heart*
-Kyle x"

I blushed as I typed my response.

"Stop being so cute!
-Zac x"

I then see my mum walk into the kitchen and I shove my phone in my pocket. She stops in the doorway, smirking with one eyebrow raised.

"Why are you blushing?"

"I- uh..."

"Who are you texting?" She asked, even though she already knows.

"No one." I answer too quickly. I know if I give her straight answers, she'll want to know everything about our conversation. So, now I'm stalling.

"Glad to know your boyfriend is a no one to you."

"You know, I never thought a mother could be overly accepting of her gay son. Turns out, it's possible." I joke.

But it was true. She was very accepting, sometimes a little too much, but accepting nonetheless. My dad seemed pretty okay with it, I guess. He hasn't changed the way he interacts with me at all. But if the subject of homosexuality comes up or the fact that I have a boyfriend comes up, he kind of just stares into space. At least he doesn't hate me. And then my brother... Well, he teases me about Kyle, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean it. You know, younger siblings are supposed to tease older siblings about that kind if stuff. But, really, I don't think he minds that much.

"Oh hush. You should feel grateful. At least I support you."

"Yeah I guess. Anyway, I'm gonna go. Bye, mum!"

"Bye! Have a good day!"

I grab my backpack, sling it over my shoulders and head out the door. With my head down, I take the familiar path to school. When I push open the doors, I remember what happened on Friday with me and Mikell. I fought back. I left him in pain. He's going to kill me now. Shit.

I slip through the halls and go to my locker. I try my hardest to stay unnoticed. After I get my books from my locker, I turn around and make sure that Mikell or his dumb friends are nowhere in sight. When I didn't see them, I quickly walked down the hallway. I was almost to the stairs when I was grabbed roughly from behind and pulled back. I felt a tight arm around my throat as I was put in a headlock.

"You think it was funny? Huh, fag? Think what you did on Friday was funny?"

"Get the fuck off me, Mikell." I cough out. I feel my face go red from lack of oxygen.

"Fine."

He pushes me against a wall and lands a sharp blow to my chest. I gasp after getting the wind knocked out of me. Suddenly, I'm being held back by Danny and Jakob as three guys, Mikell included, pound on me. A slap on the cheek, a punch in the stomach, a kick to the groin. They do it all. The five guys form sort of a circle that I'm in the middle of. Their laughing sickens me and makes me hate them even more. I helplessly kick at them and swing my fists at them. They dodge my attempts and push me all around the circle. Danny grabs me and puts my arms around my back.

"That's enough of him now." Danny says. I let out a breath. Suddenly, Kyle is pushed into the circle, looking terrified. He's being held back by one of the guys I don't know. "Let him watch instead!" Danny snarls.

Mikell smirks disgustingly and punches Kyle in his stomach. Kyle doubles over in pain and lets out a groan. I feel tears sting in my eyes. I struggle to get out of Danny's grip, but he just holds on tighter. I blink back my tears, not wanting them, or Kyle, to see me cry. As Kyle straightens up, we make sudden eye contact. I give him a sorry look and he gives me a helpless look back.

Mikell pushes Kyle down on the floor and starts kicking at him. I can just hear kyles whimpers over the shouting of everyone else. But above everything, I can hear Mikell yelling.

"You ugly, worthless, piece of shit! You're a disgusting faggot and a sorry excuse for a person. Ugly cunt." He spits at Kyle. I could physically feel the anger bubble up inside of me. I couldn't just watch this anymore.

I swing back my leg and kick Danny wherever I can reach him. He drops me out of surprise and I lunge at Mikell , jumping on his back.

"What the fuck?" He yells. He stops kicking Kyle. I start punching Mikell at any part of his body that I can.

"Leave him the fuck alone, you fucking asshole! He never fucking did anything to you! Fuck off, you dick!"

He reached back and grabbed me from his back. He slammed me as hard as he could on the floor. I landed on my back, next to an unmoving Kyle. Ignoring the pain, I got up and lashed out at Mikell, who fought back. Punch after punch, kick after kick, insult after insult. Neither of us would stop. I didn't want to stop. I needed him to feel some sort of pain. The same pain he caused for me. And for Kyle. Mikell and I were both starting to get really into the fight when we heard yelling coming from behind us.

"Hey! You two! Break it up!" A nearby teacher, Ms. Ellis, yelled. Mikell gives me a strong push before Ms. Ellis steps in between us. "Headmaster's office, now!" She points towards the office.

I look over at Kyle, who is standing up now. He doesn't look too hurt, but I know all of the damage was done on the inside. He was looking at me and Mikell with a nervous expression apparent on his face.

"Just go to class. Don't worry about anything. I'll be fine." I reassure him and give him an unconvincing smile. All he did was nod his head before we both walked away. Fuck. He must be mad at me.

Mikell and I sit in the headmaster's office, waiting for our punishment. We sit in a really tense atmosphere as we're the only ones in the room.

"This is your fault, faggot." He states.

"How? You started it."

"I never got caught until you fought back."

"If you just left me and Kyle alone in the first place, none of this ever would have-"

"Good morning, boys." The headmaster, Mrs. Cohen, says unenthusiastically.

"Morning." I muttered. Mikell scoffed. I rolled my eyes.

"So, would one of you care to tell me what happened?" She asks. Before Mikell can say anything, I start the story.

"For the past few weeks, Mikell wouldn't leave me or my boyfriend alone. I got sick of it, so today I fought back in self defense."

"Is this true?" Mrs. Cohen asked. Mikell rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. But it's not my fault they're faggots and need to be taught a lesson. They're disgusting." He answers.

"I may be a faggot, but at least I'm not a prick."

"Boys, stop it!" She commands. We face forward and look at her. "Mikell, since this has been going on for a while, you're suspended for five days."

"What? That's fucking bullshit!" He screams. "Thanks a lot, queer." Mrs. Cohen ignores the comment for some reason.

"Zachary, since you fought back, you're suspended for three days."

I gulp. Oh god. Mum is going to kill me. And Kyles going to have to be here for three days without me. At least Mikell won't be here to hurt him.

"Now, you two need to leave school as your suspension starts today."

We both nod at her, understanding what to do. Despite the situation, she smiles at us.

"Have a nice day." She says.

Yeah, my day is going to be so wonderful after I just got suspended from school. The fuck is she thinking?

"You too." I force myself to say, since I'm a naturally nice human being. Mikell rolls his eyes and laughs.

"Loser." He mutters. I ignore it and we both walk out of the office. I don't give him a chance to say anything and I rush out of the building. I half run, half walk home. Once I step inside, I get a text from mum.

"Your school called me. We're having a serious talk when I get home."

Shit. I already know how this is going to turn out. She's either going to kill me, or pull me from the school. For some reason, I think the first option is a better possibility. I rub my eyes and type out a text to Kyle.

"I'm sorry. Please don't be mad, but I got suspended for three days.
-Zac x"

I go up to my room and lay on my stomach on my warm bed. My phone buzzes. A text from Kyle.

"You got suspended?! Why would you fight back? You knew what could have happened.
-Kyle x"

"Please don't be mad at me. I'm sorry.
-Zac x"

I put my head down on my bed and let a few tears escape. I shouldn't have fought Mikell. My phone lights up and I open Kyles message.

"I'm not mad. At least tell me that he got suspended too?
-Kyle x"

I smile slightly, glad that he's not angry with me.

"For five days.
-Zac x"

Almost instantly, I got a new text.

"Haha great. Want me to come over after school?
-Kyle x"

"I want you to, but mum's pissed. I don't think you want to see your boyfriend get murdered by his own mother.
-Zac x"

"Aww *heart* Good luck with that.
-Kyle x"

"Thanks *heart*
-Zac x"

Later in the day, I hear the front door slam. I swear I felt the house shake. Or maybe that's just me.

"ZACHARY!" Mum yells. She sounds angrier than I've ever heard her be. Reluctantly, I stand up and walk down the stairs. I find mum in the kitchen with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Mum, look, I'm really sorry, but-"

"Would you like to tell me why I got a phone call from your school saying that my son got suspended for fighting?"

"It's not as bad as it sounds."

"Oh really? What happened?" She asked, still pissed.

"This guy was giving me a hard time, but I didn't fight back at first. Then, today, he made me watch as he beat up Kyle. I couldn't take it anymore, so I just kind of pulled him off of Kyle and fought back. The headmaster knows that I did it in self defense, so I'm suspended for three days and he's suspended for a week."

"How could you be so stupid to fight back? You said you wouldn't get hurt again!"

"I'm sorry! I didn't even get hurt!"

"Well, now look where your stupidity got you. You've been bloody suspended!"

"I wasn't just going to stand there and watch as they hurt Kyle! I had to do something!" My voice sounds weak as I'm trying not to cry. I never was good at getting yelled at by adults. It's worse than when someone my age yells at me.

"I can't deal with you right now! We'll talk about this later. Go to your room!" She yells. I run out of the kitchen and to the front door.

"No! I'm going to go see Kyle." I open the door but she quickly slams it.

"No you're not! Room, now!"

I know that there's no way I'd be able to leave, so I stomp up the stairs and to my room, slamming the door shut behind me.

A/N- DUN DUN DUNNN, okay I'm really lame but hey Smut soon ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 387 36
Danny is shy. He sees the world as a game and the endgame is the future. Predicting and worrying is what Danny does best. Being sociable is his weakn...
13.8K 468 11
Eighteen year old Kyle Walker meets a 19 year old kid— which at first he didn't know was a year tad older than him. In despite of all the offbeats ha...
40.1K 1.2K 35
[WARNING: HOMOSEXUAL EROTIC SCENES] Daniel and Kyle are childhood friends who live in a world just like ours where humans evolved into a race of half...
4.6K 157 22
Taylor, a junior in high school, has been very open to his sexuality, but that changed when he met Summer, the homophobic bully, and the Straightest...