My Best Friends Promise

Galing kay myfallingstars

An Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath friendship fanfic. Higit pa

Chapter One| The New Girl
Chapter Two| A Friendship is Born
Chapter Three| It's My Fight
Chapter Four| You're Not Fine
Chapter Five | You're Safe Now
Chapter Six| Come Home
Chapter Seven| It's Been So Long
Chapter Eight| Into The Future
Chapter Nine| Not A Goodbye
Chapter Ten| Missing You
Chapter Eleven| Broken Promises
Chapter Twelve | I Won't Let Go
Chapter Thirteen | Reuniting
Chapter Fourteen | When Can I See Her
Chapter Fifteen | Recovering
Chapter Sixteen | New Promises
Chapter Seventeen | Together Again
Chapter Eighteen | You Can't Go
Chapter Nineteen | Jersey Girls
Chapter Twenty | Not Without You
Chapter Twenty One | USWNT
Chapter Twenty Two | First Game
Chapter Twenty Three | Alex Morgan
Chapter Twenty Four | Love Never Dies
Chapter Twenty Five | Sickness and In Health
Chapter Twenty Six | PART II Sickness and In Health
Chapter Twenty Seven | Stay With Me
Chapter Twenty Nine | Don't Ever Forget Me
Chapter Thirty | Remembering You
Epilogue
IMPORTANT

Chapter Twenty Eight | Sacrifice

1.3K 48 15
Galing kay myfallingstars

TOBIN'S POV

I had no idea what was going through my mind, but I knew that I was going to do whatever it takes to save my best friend from dying. Dr. Philips looks at me with an expression on his face that I can't read.

"You? How could you be so sure?" He asks me.

"Please, just let me do it." I say.

"Have you thought this through? Are you sure you want to do this? It requires three weeks of recovering." He says.

"I'm sure." I say as I watch as he takes out a piece of paper.

"Surgery, tomorrow at seven in the morning. Don't eat to much tonight." He says.

"Will I be able to leave the hospital right after surgery?" I ask.

"After surgery, we would need you to stay here for an hour. But yes you can be released." He says and I nod, I don't want to miss the rally tomorrow.

I go back to Alex's room and I slip my hand into hers. I watch as her chest slowly moves up and down, that's when I break down and cry. I put my hand over her heart feeling her heart beat as tears continue to flow down my cheeks. That's when her eyes flutter open revealing her ice blue eyes.

"Tobin?" She says as she places her hand over mine. "What are you doing?" She asks.

"I don't want you to die Lex." I say as I continue to cry.

"What if I do Tobin? What if it all ends?" Alex says as tears begin to fill her eyes.

"I don't want you too, so please don't." I say.

"I've wanted to tell you this since the day I found out I don't have much longer. You're amazing Tobin, and you're my best friend. And most importantly I love you. I want you to stay strong no matter what happens to me, continue being happy, continue doing things that you love and continue to be the amazing girl you are. There's no one else in this world that is exactly like you, because you're special. So special Tobin I want you to see how special you really are. Don't ever stop smiling, and don't ever stop believing in the most beautiful things. Don't ever stop being my best friend and don't ever stop loving me. Because I won't ever stop loving you and I won't ever stop being your best friend. I won't ever forget the memories we made and the promises we kept. I hate this Tobin I hate the thought of leaving you and everything. It was all coming together and now. Now it's all falling apart and I'm going to miss so much in our lives. And I'm sorry I don't have much longer, and I'm sorry I can't stay for as long as you want me too. But don't forget, we're the dynamic duo. The beginning of every party." Alex says. By then I was sobbing, and I couldn't control it. The saddest most beautiful words were still ringing in my ears. "Don't ever forget me Tobin."

"How could I?" I say in between sobs.

"You can, and you might. But if that's your way of moving on. If finding another friend makes you happy, please. Let something or someone else make you happy." Alex says as she continues to cry.

"I'm not going to move on Lex not without you." I say.

"Can you promise me that? Because I can promise you this Tobin. I'll always be waiting up in the gates. I'll be safe up there. I'll be happy up there so you won't have to worry." Alex says.

"That's a promise I won't ever break, just please don't go yet. I'm not ready." I say.

"I'm not ready either Tobin, but right now I want you to do just one thing." Alex says.

"Anything."

"Pray for me." Alex says as she begins to cry harder then before.

"Always."

"When I die Tobin, I want you with me. I want you sitting next to me, like right now. I want you to hold my hand, and I want your chest, resting on my heart. I don't want to die alone Toby. I want to die, with you by my side. And I don't want it any other way, can you do that for me? Can you stay with me?" Alex asks. At this point, I know she's just trying to stay strong for me. But here I am, completely torn up.

"I'll always stay with you, until the very end." I say. A doctor comes in the room.

"I am sorry to interrupt, Ms. Morgan we will be taking another MRI." The doctor says.

I knew that I had to leave. I slowly start heading to the door, with my head down. "Tobin, wait." I hear Alex say, so I turn around and face her.

"I love you." Alex says as she gives me a small smile. I nod my head and smile back at her. "I love you too." I say. I give her one last look before I leave the room.

I went back to the hotel, and I went straight to Jill's office. I knocked on her door and I heard feet shuffling until the door opened. I saw Carli already sitting in one of the chairs. "Tobin, how can I help you?" Jill asks as she smiles at me.

"I have to tell you something." I say, then out of the corner of my eye I see Carli stand up to leave. "Carli, stay." I say.

Finally, once Jill closes the door. Carli and Jill both look at me with concern in their eyes.

"I'm going into surgery tomorrow." I start. Their eyes widen at the sudden news.

"What? Why? Is there an injury we are not aware of?" Jill asks.

"It's Alex. I'm her donor.' I say as I begin to fight back tears.

"Tobin... Oh my god." Carli says as she pulls me in for a fierce hug.

"Is it okay... If I skip the rally?" I ask.

"Absolutely, we'll all skip it. Nothing is more important than this team. This team comes first above all and our job is to have each other's backs and be there for each other. We'll be there when you wake up." Carli says as she smiles at me.

"Thank you." I say, as I push back the tears.

"You're a brave girl, strongest girl I've ever seen." Jill says as she pats me on the shoulder. "You have a lot of heart and you've made us all proud." I smile at that, as I head to the door and smile back at them.

"Thank you." I say before leaving the room and closing the door behind me. I finally head back to my room. A room that feels empty without Alex here. I take a long hot shower, thinking about what Alex has said to me earlier at the hospital. When I finished, I collapse onto my bed and I pull out my phone and begin looking through my pictures. Pictures of way back in high school with Alex, Lauren and Amy, I smile as a memory pops in my head.

Then, I hear a knock on the door but I didn't have the motivation to open it. I waited, until I heard the door open and Lauren and Amy come in my room, I smile at the sight of my two friends. The first two people who took me in under their wing.

"There you are." Amy says as she sits next to me on the bed.

"How are you Tobin?" Lauren asks as she pulls me in for a hug.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just living day to day." I say as I let out a sigh. "What about you guys?"

"The same thing I guess. We're worried about you and Alex. You're the closet one to her, and we can't imagine what you could possibly be going through. But we are here for you, every single day. Don't forget." Lauren says.

"Really, how are you Tobin? We want the truth." Amy says as she grabs my hand and gently squeezes it.

"I lied..." I say as I begin to cry. "I'm not okay. I don't know what to think anymore. She's done so much for me and this is what she gets in return? I don't get it, it's not fair." I say.

"Hey, it's okay." Amy says as she pulls me in for a hug. I cry into her shoulder. Creating puddles of tears on her shirt.

"I'm going into surgery tomorrow, I'm her donor. I'm giving her my pancreas." I say.

"Tobin... That's... That's absolutely amazing." Lauren says as she pulls Amy and I into a hug.

"How did we get so lucky to have met an amazing and brave girl like you?" Amy says. I smile at them as a tear rolls down my cheek.

The next day

I wake up early in the morning. Preparing for surgery which is in an hour or so. I dress into a set of lazy clothes and I head to the lobby which was surprisingly empty. I walk outside of my car where I drove to the hospital in an uneasy silence that made me sick to my stomach.

When I get to the hospital, I sign in and I followed a nurse to a private waiting room. When I get into the room, I felt tears form in my eyes. The entire team stood in front of me, all dressed in purple. Pinoe and HAO held up an American Flag as they all smiled at me.

"You guys..." I say as I begin to cry, I was engulfed into a hug by my teammates and I never felt so loved in my life.

"On behalf of everyone on the team. We love you dearly Tobin. We are all so lucky to have a true warrior on this team and we couldn't ask for a better teammate than you. You make this team complete by brining a smile on your face everyday. You've supported us in every game and every training and it's our turn to return the favor. We love you Tobin and we have your back." Ali says as she smiles at me.

"Thank you." Is all I say, I was lost for words.

After a few small conversations with the team, a nurse called my name and I knew it was time for surgery. I was given one last group hug from my team as I left the waiting room and was brought into another room. I changed into a hospital gown.

Finally, I was laid on a bed where they placed a shot on my arm. I slowly fell asleep.

Three hours later.

I awoke from a deep sleep, and I heard soft voices around me and I heard the sound of a machine beeping next to me. I tried to sit up, but failed as I experience a sharp pain. I grab the remote to my bed and I was able to see what was in front of me, as my eyes adjusted to the light I saw my teammates surround me on both sides of my bed. "You did it." KO says as she smiles at me.

I look at everyone and they all seemed to have a smile on their faces.

---------

ALEX'S POV

Dr. Philips came in my room with a clipboard in his hand and a slight smile. "Good news Ms. Morgan." He says as he smiles at me.

I swear my heart skipped a beat. I thought the only news I would be getting would be bad, but I guess not. "We found you a donor, and we already have a donated pancreas waiting for you." He says. I smile widely at him. I was excited, I was relieved and for once I felt happy.

"When do I get it?" I ask.

"Today. It must be done as soon as possible." He says. As he begins to take out the wires that were attached to my body.

"Whose my donor?" I ask curiously.

"You'll find out after." He says as he pulls me in an operating room. "Surgeons need to get prepared so please wait for ten minutes he says as he leaves the room.

After about three minutes I heard my door open and the entire National Team filed into my room, with smiles on their faces.

"Surprise!" HAO says making everyone in the room laugh.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask as I felt tears form in my eyes.

"Came to see you, what else?" KO says.

"You didn't have too. You guys... You missed the rally just for me?" I say.

"We'd do anything for a teammate." Ali says. After a little bit of small talk with the team, they were all asked to leave and it was time for my surgery. This was the only time I felt like I saw light at the end of the tunnel.

----------

TOBIN'S POV

After more than just an hour of drinking water, and laying in bed. I had to sign some papers and I was finally released. Thank god it was only a day surgery.

When I dressed into my regular clothes, I left the room and I was greeted by all of my teammates. They brought me in an embrace and kept telling me congratulations.

"So, how does it feel?" HAO asks me.

"No different than before." I say with a slight smile.

"You know. You did the mot brave thing I've ever seen." Pinoe says and I smile at her.

"I would do the same thing for all of you guys if I could." I say.

A few of us started to leave, but most of us stayed in the waiting room. We were waiting for Alex. As we waited, Ali turned the TV on and it showed the rally where we were all suppose to be. Instead of us being on stage, there were candles, flowers, stuffed animals, posters and pictures of all of us. We all stared at the TV and listened to the reporter talking.

"... As you see here these fans have made something for the National Team, as well as something for forward Alex Morgan who was recently diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer."

As the camera zoomed in on the stage I read posters that were showed on TV.

#SHEBELIEVES but #WEBELIEVE in you #13
Was one poster that caught my eye.

And there were many more posters and signs. After a couple more hours of waiting a doctor approached us. "I am pleased to say that Ms. Morgan's surgery went well." He says and we all started cheering and embracing each other.

"Can we see her?" KO asks as she holds up a present in her hand.

"Yes, you may." The doctor says as he leads us to her room with a smile.

When we got in there, Alex was still asleep. We all quietly gathered around her bed and we just waited for her to wake up. I slipped my hand into hers and immediately her eyes fluttered open. Revealing her blue eyes.

She looked around, with a shocked expression on her face. "W-what are you all doing here?" She asks as she fights back tears with a smile on her face.

"We're here for you of course." Lauren says with a smile.

"Here, I got another squirrel for you, it was more expensive." Kelley says as she hands Alex a bag. We all laugh at her.

Everyone stayed for at least fifteen minuets before everyone started to leave. Finally, I was left alone with Alex. She looked at me with a smile.

"Can you get my doctor?" Alex asks.

"Why? Is something wrong?' I say back.

"No. I want to know who my donor was. I'll have to thank them one day." Alex says as she smiles at me.

"You don't need a doctor for that." I say with a smile. "Because I was your donor." I finally say.

Alex looks at me, her eyes wide and tears form in her eyes. "T-Tobin, you were the one?" Alex says.

"I hope it's enough. I told you I was going to do anything I can to help you get better. And if this is what it takes, I'll do it again, and again."

"You're the most amazing person I've ever met." Alex says as she pulls me in for a hug.

"Now you'll always have a part of me." I say with a smile.

"I wouldn't want anything else." Alex says.

I stayed with Alex for the rest of the night, and I eventually fell asleep on the uncomfortable chair that I pulled up beside her bed.

"Tobin." Alex whispers as she gently shakes me awake.

"Something wrong?" I ask as I look up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Come here." Alex says as she makes room on the small hospital bed she lays on.

"No, you need your room." I whisper tiredly.

"Just get over here." Alex says again. I knew there was no reason to argue with her. I let out a sigh as I climb into the small bed where Alex cuddled into my side. She grabbed my hand and intertwined our hands together.

"You're my best friend, you know that right?" Alex whispers.

"Yeah."

"Will that ever change?" Alex asks.

"Never, I won't let it change."

"You know, I keep thinking. What would happen to you if me or Lauren and Amy never came in your life? Is it weird that I think that?"

"Not at all. But for all I know is that I wouldn't be where I am today without you three by my side the entire time."

"You're such a good person Tobin, I wish the world could see that."

"They don't need too, none of that matters."

"What matters to you then?"

"Being happy." I answer back.

"Well are you happy?"

"Yeah, I am."

"I never got to say thank you." Alex says.

"For what? I should be the one thanking you."

"For everything. Being the only person to stay with me while I'm here. Being the only person who visits me every single day of the week, even though it was only for ten minuets. All of that matters to me Tobin."

"You told me to stay, so I did." I say, I hear Alex let out a yawn, and I couldn't help but do the same.

"Good night Lex." I whisper as tiredness goes through my body.

"Night, love you Tobin."

"I love you too."

***************

AUTHORS NOTE

I hope you liked his chapter! Sorry for taking so long to update.

I'll update as soon as I can! Thanks for reading!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

37.9K 708 21
A typical talex fan fiction? -- this story hasn't been completely edited so your reading at your own risk --
106K 2.3K 21
Are you willing to risk your happiness for the future of the one you love?
35.7K 720 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
794K 16K 76
USWNT fanfiction set before, during, and after the World Cup.