Chapter Sixteen | New Promises

TOBIN'S POV

I sit on my bed across from Christen and we just sit in some kind of silence. We were both nervous for our first soccer game tomorrow and I've never been this nervous for a soccer game before. I guess it's because I'm representing my college and college soccer is a whole new level. I'm also pretty nervous because being a freshmen in college is tough. Everyone excepts so much from you but then everyone thinks that you aren't capable of doing certain things. But I like this kind of pressure I'm in, it gives me adrenaline and I feed off of that.

"I literally feel like there is so much pressure on me already and our game is tomorrow" Christen complains as she plants her face into a pillow.

"Same Press. I hate it, but I guess nerves are okay once in a while, right? Besides, you'll be amazing tomorrow!" I say.

"Thanks Heath, I'm not only nervous I think this is one of the most exciting things I'll ever experience in my life." Christen says to me.

"Oh yeah, most definitely! I really enjoy playing with you and everyone on the team. I feel like we can accomplish many things this season." I say with a slight smile at the thought of raising a trophy over our heads. Then my phone starts to ring, I let out a sigh to see who it was. I was relieved when it was just Amy.

"Hey Arod!" I say with a smile, even though I know she can't see it I do it anyways.

"Hey Tobin! How are you? It feels like forever since we last talked." Amy says with a laugh.

"I'm doing well, I miss you guys though. Do you know when we'll play each other in soccer?" I ask.

"I'm pretty we have a match in like two weeks, so it's still a long way. But how's your team?" Amy asks.

"It's good, we're pretty good and I'm positive we'll kick your butt." I say with a smirk.

"We'll see about that Tobs. Lauren told me your first game is tomorrow right?" Amy asks.

"Yep! I wish you guys were here to watch me play." I say.

"Here, I won't ever miss a game I'll always watch you on TV and I'll only cheer for you." Amy says.

I smile at that. "Same goes to you. I kind of need you here to calm me down. Christen my roommate and I are like nervous freaks right now." I say with a small laugh as Christen looks up at me with a questioning look.

"Well distract yourself, maybe you two could go to the movies or go out to eat or maybe even go surfing. Get your mind off things for a while." Amy suggests.

"I'll think about it. But remember that one time, when we were like five. We were in our mini all star teams and I was just so nervous. Then you dumped a whole bucket of ice cold water on me because you were so annoyed with my side comments." I say with a laugh as I remember the memory.

"Well thanks to me, you played pretty awesome that game. So do you really want me to fly like six hours just to pour ice water on you?" Amy asks with a laugh.

"I would rather not have you do that. But it would be pretty cool to see you down here." I say with a laugh.

"You need to bring me down there! I've seen your pictures on Twitter and your campus sounds pretty cool!" Amy says.

"Yeah, I'll send you tickets one day, maybe even bring Lauren down here too." I say with a smile.

"What about Alex?" Amy asks me, then it just turns silent. I was hoping she wouldn't bring it up but I can't control what she says. Especially through the phone. I let out a long sigh before I answer.

"It's been two months and I still don't have the courage to call her, or even send her a text message. I really miss her Amy." I say.

"Well if she's not the one calling you, maybe you should be the one calling her. Apologize to her and just go from there." Amy says.