Chapter Nineteen | Jersey Girls

TIME SKIP

TOBIN' S POV

Finally, after four years of college it's time to move out and live my life, it's the maturing stages and I'm looking forward to them. Christen, Lauren, Amy, and Alex have already graduated college and it sucked because I wasn't able to come and see that day happen. I was working on final exams and tests and just finishing up things that needed to be done, and I know I did a good job these past four years.

Every spring break we had during these four years I was able to visit everyone's college. Freshman year, Lauren, Amy, and Alex went down to my college and it was such a great get together. It was just so amazing seeing them but everyday I miss them. Sophomore year we went to Alex's college, then Amy then Lauren. It was quite the adventure visiting their colleges and being around them just like old times. Whenever we have three day weekends I didn't plan on wasting them. I went down to visit Christen and from what she's been telling me, it's good for her. She's accomplished so much more there then she would have done in North Carolina.

My roommate Heather O'Reilly has been a great roommate ever since she got transferred here. Those first couple weeks she was here, I had offered to help her out and show her around. Just like Christen, we got along so well we became pretty close and I was happy to have someone like that. Heather also played soccer and she took Christens place in the line up. Our school ended up winning the NCAA championship two years in a row and it was something so incredibly special to be a part of. Although I wish Christen was here to be a part of the team, but it's fine because I knew she was doing great in Stanford.

For me, these four years have gone by so incredibly fast but they were fun. Ever since the incident with Alex, I grew even more closer to her even though distance got in the way and I was happy about that.

Heather and I put on our finishing touches for graduation today and we looked at each other. "This has been the most fun experience ever!" Heather says and I can't help but agree.

Since Heather first got here, she was always there to make me laugh. She made me laugh so hard to the point where it looked like I was about to die. But I was so lucky to have someone like that in my life. It feels good knowing that someone like Heather can cheer you up no matter how bad your day could've been. She's fun on and off the field and we always have a good time.

"I just can't believe that this is it, we worked so hard to get here and all the hard work was for this moment." I say.

"Yeah I know it's so hard to believe but it was worth it right?" Heather says.

"Definitely." I say as I smile up at her.

"So what are you doing after college Tobin?" Heather asks me as she fixes her dress.

"Try joining the National Team. I already sent applications, actually I sent them the same time I did as Alex, Lauren and Amy." I say.

"I hope you can get in!" Heather says excitedly.

"Why are you so excited about it?" I say with a small laugh.

"Because I made the National Team!!!" Heather says as she pulls out a piece of paper from behind her back, I look at her and a huge smile is on her face.

"Heather oh my gosh!" I say as I get up to read the paper, and when I do I can't help but smile with her. "This is huge!! I'm so happy for you!" I say.

"I know! Thank you! Now it's my turn to wait for you, and possibly even meet your friends!" Heather says.

"We'll get there I hope." I say nervously.