Chapter Ten| Missing You

TOBIN'S POV

Finally, when I landed I tried to call Alex three times and there was no answer, I stopped trying. I put my phone in my pocket and I wrapped myself tighter in Alex's jacket. I took the bus to go to the college I would be going to. I was already missing Lauren, Amy, and Alex. And it makes me miss them even more knowing it will be quite a while until we see each other again.

After a two hour long bus ride, the bus I took stopped in front of a massive school. I quickly got off the bus and stood in awe and stared at the school in front of me. I swung my duffle over my shoulder and I pulled my luggages behind me as I started walking around the campus. It was already dark here in North Carolina and the path ways were all filled with people walking around. It's like everyone new each other but me.

I grabbed some papers from my duffel that showed me all the information I needed to know for college. I went to find my dorm and when I finally did I set my luggages down on the ground. I already saw the other half of the room all decorated and organized. But, my half of the room was bare and empty.

The first thing I did was grab my blankets and pillows from one of my luggages and I placed them on my bed. I then started to organize my clothes into their proper drawers. Just as I closed the last of the drawers I heard the door open, so I turned around and I saw a girl standing in the door way.

"Hi!" The girl says with a smile.

"Uh, hi." I say shyly as I force a smile to the other girl.

"Well, I'm Christen Press." The girl says as she extends her hand out for me to shake. I kindly take it and smile back at her.

"Tobin Heath." I say with a smile.

"Well, Tobin. Where are you from?" Christen asks me.

"New Jersey. What about you?" I ask.

"Los Angeles." Christen answers back. "Here, I'll help you out." She says as she grabs one of my luggages and opens it.

From there, she helps me decorate my side of the wall, which mostly consisted of an American flag and a lot of pictures with Alex, Lauren, and Amy. "You have a lot of pictures with her." Christen says as she hangs up a picture of Alex and I.

I smile at her, "she's my best friend." I say back.

"What's her name?" Christen asks.

"Uh, Alex." I answer back.

"She seems really nice." Christen says.

"Yep, she's probably one of the best friends I could ever ask for." I say, trying to be as honest as I can.

Christen just smiles back at me as we finally finished my side of the room. "So I see you play soccer because I do too. That's mostly why I'm here." Christen says with a laugh.

"Really? Me too. I mean I have hopes of making the National Team, if you know what I mean."

"Yeah, me too!! I'm so glad that I have someone to releate too! Like it's always been my dream to play for the U.S." Christen says earning me a smile.

The rest of the night Christen and I get to know more about each other. She shows me around the campus and I figured out that I have two classes with her. We also order in pizza and we eat in our dorm.

"So what's it like living in Jersey?" Christen asks.

"I loved it there, I loved calling it home. It's like everyone knew each other and there's no other place I would like to call home then Jersey." I say as I miss home more than ever. "How's L.A.?"