Chapter Eighteen | You Can't Go

TOBIN'S POV

It's been a month since I last saw Alex, but right now I couldn't ask for anything better then what I already have. At least two times a week my phone rings and it's always Alex, and I've been keeping in touch with Lauren and Amy too.

When it comes to soccer, it's going better then I excepted. We already had three games, all of which we won and in those three games I have a total of six goals already. I've played against Amy and her team was really good but besides that, it was great being able to see one of my best friends on the field, but it sucked that we were opponents. But, either way that game was super fun and I was able to talk to Amy after the game. Tomorrow, I'll be playing Lauren and her college team and I am really looking forward to seeing her and playing against her.

Speaking of Lauren, my phone started to ring and it was her. I gladly accepted the call and put my phone against my ear.

"Well hello stranger!" Lauren says on the other end.

"Hi to you too." I say with a small laugh.

"I'm going to beat your butt tomorrow and that is the beginning and end to everything and I wanted you to know that." Lauren says and I can only laugh at her comment.

"We'll see about that, my team hasn't lost a game yet and from what I see you lost one." I say with a smirk on my face that she can't see.

"Shut it Tobs, we all have bad games." Lauren jokes.

"Yeah yeah I know." I say.

"You know, I'm still super happy that you and Alex finally made up! Like seriously? It killed me seeing you apart." Lauren says.

Lauren, that was like a month ago and you're just telling me this?" I say with a laugh.

"Thanks captain obvious, I didn't know it happened a month ago." Lauren says sarcastically. "But you're change in mood has been a zero to one hundred and it's good to have the old Tobin back."

"Okay whatever you say." I say with a laugh.

"Well that's all I called you for, I'll see you tomorrow so you better watch out." Lauren says.

"I think I should be the one telling you that." I tease.

"We all know my team is going to win, whatever you do just don't make me feel stupid." Lauren says.

"How could I possibly make you feel stupid?" I say with a laugh.

"Nutmegs, duh." Lauren says as if I didn't know. "Well I have to go now, so I will see you tomorrow. Bye love you Tobs!" Lauren says and with that she hung up. I let out a sigh as I put my phone down.

Just then, Christen walks in the room and by the look on her face I knew there was something wrong, but I didn't say anything yet. I watch as she slowly sets her bag down and sits on her bed and completely zoned out.

"Christen?" I say trying to grab her attention. She just looks at me and quickly turns away. I get up from my bed and squat in front of her. "Are you okay?" I ask.

Christen shakes her head no as a tear starts to roll down her cheek. I wipe them away with my thumb and look into her eyes. "Can you tell me what's wrong." I ask gently.

"I'm sorry." Christen says, and as of right now I am very confused.

"For what? What is there to be sorry about? Did I do something wrong? What happened? Please say something." I plead but Christen just stares off. "Is it me?" I say.

But she doesn't say anything, silence fills the air and it's an uncomfortable silence. Finally Christen looks up at me. "I'm being transferred to Stanford." Christen says quietly as a tear rolls down her cheek.