Like an Unfinished Puzzle *To...

By lilmizzhugable13

*Formally known as "Lighten Up My World"* Anami is squad 10's 5th seat... that's it. She's secretive and myst... More

Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Toshiro Hitsugaya fan-fiction*
Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 1*
Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 2*
Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 3 and 3.5*
Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 4*
Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 5*
Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 6*
Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 7*
Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 8*
Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 9*
Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 10*
Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 12*
Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 13*
Like An Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 14*
SPECIAL!!!

Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 11*

342 9 0
By lilmizzhugable13

*Anami's p.o.v*

"Anami, wake up!"

I shot up from my position, afraid that I'd still be there in the white dress at the scorching beach dying. Instead, I find myself in a white room with a window in my line of vision. I was on a bed and the sterile smell of the place made me realize where I was. I was in a hospital. Thank god.

"Are you ok?" The voice said again. I turned to my right to see the blonde hair and blue eyes that belonged to Izuru. I sighed in relief to know that it was him and not any of the twins who's names I still don't know.

Realizing I took too long to answer his question, I let out a shaky laugh and answered, "Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I know it was probably stupid of me I ask, but the words came out of my mouth before I could stop them.

"Because," Izuru explained, "while you were asleep, you were thrashing, kicking, and screaming for help. Some members from squad 4 had to come and sedate you for you to stop." I blushed when he had said that. Of course I was embarrassed! He probably thinks I'm psycho now and that I'm a crazed person who needs to be sedated in order to sleep peacefully.

"I was worried," he continued, slightly blushing at his own words. Man, that guy is just too adorable for his own well-being. I wanted to just walk to him and pinch his cheeks, cooing at him like a grandmother would. Of course I didn't do that. Or else I would think that I'm a crazy person.

"Well thanks a lot," I say thankfully. "I was just..." I trailed off, not really sure how to respond. What was I going to say? That I was in this weird dream where twins had tried to murder me? Then not only would I think I'm crazy but anyone else who was partially sane would too.

"It's ok, I understand," he says to me, saving me from burning my brain just to think of something. I smile at him.

"Thanks." A short, comfortable silence falls upon us. Looking at my surroundings, I notice that next to my hospital bed is a small stand. Next to it was a chart with all of my information and condition. Picking it up, I started to read it.

Ugh... I really don't want to read this right now. Too many smart words and colors and graphs and the font is too small and...-

"Part of your brain had been damaged, but it won't really affect you in any way," Izuru explained. "You had died 3 of times also while you were knocked out. One yesterday at 6:45pm, again at 4:26am today, and about an hour ago. You'd usually just thrash and scream, and then your monitor would go flat so I every time I tried to wake you up. This was the only time I was successful," he finished. I just listened intently in wonder.

How does he know all of this? Did he read this from my chart?

"I stayed with you here in the hospital for the past 2 days," He admits, his lowering down in shame as his cheeks started redding. Oh Izuru. "I was worried because the first time I came, you had died. So, I stayed with you just to monitor you," he explains to me. I just smile at him.

"Thanks. I seriously didn't want to read all of that," I tell him, in pure gratitude. He smiles back, still blushing.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot," he says in an afterthought after a silence fell between us. He walks over to the windowsill and picks up a bottle. He opens the top and two capsules pop out into the palm of his hand. He walks over to the stand, grabs a glass of water, and hands them both to me. I thank him and pop the pills in my mouth, taking a mouthful of water and then swallowing it. "Captain Unohana said that you're allowed to leave as soon as you wake up. You just have to take two of these every 12 hours and come back 7 days from now for a check up." He grabbed the glass out of my hand and set it down before grabbing my arm and helping me up. Barely grasping anything he said, I nod to him and balance myself. Once my head stopped spinning, I thanked Izuru and started to walk out.

I wonder what happened to Toshiro? Is he alright? I've been out for two days so maybe he's already gotten out. That's unlikely, though, because if he did then he would've been waiting for me to wake up. He's probably still here. He did drink more than 3 bottles, and for someone who hasn't taken even a drop of alcohol in his entire lifespan, that's a lot. Maybe I should ask Izuru about it. He has been here for the past two days; perhaps he has some idea about Toshiro's condition.

"Hey, Izu...-" Before I can turn and address him face to face, he rushed over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, burying his head into my neck. I freeze, not really sure how to react. He feels me tense up and tightens his arms around me, reassuring me to relax. Once I do, I grip his arms with my hands and lean back into his chest. "Izuru?" I softly ask him, unsure of what to think.

His response came in the form of a sob, crackling out of his mouth as his body lightly jumped. When I tried turning around, he just gripped me into place, not letting me see his face. "Izuru..." I said with more authority. He just grips me tighter and at this point, I feel like he's going to crush me. My grip tightens on his arms, trying to pull them away from me, but when his tears fall and roll down from my neck, I stop what I'm doing. "Izuru?"

"Why are you here?" His voice shook, as did his hands. My gaze went from his arms to the wall in front of me as his head shifted. His chin now rested on my shoulder, his damp cheek on my cheek. Without even looking, I know that he's crying. Why?

"Why did all of this have to happen to you? You did nothing wrong!" Soon, his head was once again in my shoulder.

"You're like a sister to me, Anami." His voice was muffled that I was barely able to hear it. His face finally came back up to meet mine in our gaze at the wall. "You're so important to me. You always have been. Do you know how much it kills me to see you laying on this hospital bed close to death?"

I just stay silent.

"I worry about you so much that you don't even know how much I'm affected by this. I hate seeing you here with you laying down, pale as death, with no reaction from you. Hearing you laugh, talk, seeing you smile is what I miss the most when you're stuck here. I don't want to go through this again, and I don't want you to be in any more danger than what you're in." He sniffled before we both fell into silence. He composed himself as best as you can.

Meanwhile, my heart was racing from that... Confession I guess you can call it. I had no idea what to do at that point. My head was racing just trying to process things through, so I had no energy to respond.

Luckily, I didn't have to, but at the same time, I wish I had.

A loud bang made our heads snap in the direction of the door, only for us to see a stack of papers fall out of order and spread out across the floor. My first thought was that it was someone from 4th division, but Izuru seemed to die when he saw those papers. He cursed underneath his breath and let me go, squatting while pitching the bridge of his nose.

"What is is?" I ask him, concerned at his sudden change of aura. He mumbles to himself and all I can catch is bits and pieces which add up to nonsense. When my curiosity and frustration get the better of me, I ask him again except this time with more demand in my voice.

"She had visited me here when I stayed with you." Who?

"Every time she came, she came with food, water, and asked me if there was anything I wanted." Who?!

"I asked her to bring me some of my paperwork since it has been piling up in my office." WHO?!

"She even asked if she could help me out by doing some. It's things like this that made me fall for her."

"Who Izuru?!"

A moment of silence fell before he started to chuckle bitterly to himself. A very visible blush appearing on his face. Wow, this boy's got it bad. I wonder who the lucky lady is?

And, as if on cue, "It's Momo."

MOMO?! How the hell can he like the spawn of satan herself?! I guess in some cases, love really is blind. REALLY, REALLY, REALLY blind. But even if I can't imagine any reason why the hell he'd like her, it's more harder to live with the guilt of knowing that I could've ruined one possible relationship. "Just give me a minute," I say to him before running out of the room and follow her spiritual pressure.

A few hallways, turns, and complicated doors (hey don't judge me! Those doorknobs were hard to open) later, I finally caught up with her.

"Leave me the hell alone," she says to me without turning to me or stopping. Ok, this wasn't going to be easy.

"Look, I don't really know what your problem is, but I...-"

"You want to know what my problem is?" And here it comes... "You are, that's what!" And there it is, the shock of the century. "You are just a nuisance. You've been a thorn in my side for so long, I'm starting to go crazy!"

Starting? I think that ship has sailed long ago, but as she keeps ranting (with me attempting to interrupt many times), I realize that she's not going to give me a chance. So, I stop her and give up.

"Alright, fine. I tried to work it out with you, but you're too much of a hardass for me to get through," I say as I started walking away. "I guess I'll just tell Izuru to give up o...-"

"Izuru likes you!" She shouts at me as I was barely rounding the corner. I stopped dead in my tracks, gaping in disbelief. What?

"That's right. That's why I hate you so much," she continued. I opened my mouth to protest, but she laughed bitterly and spoke before I could. "And don't try to deny it, what with that confession back there. He clearly likes you, and you ignore him completely! How could you do this?!"

"He said that I'm li...-"

"That you're so important to him. That it kills him to see you here, without smiling or laughing," she recites from a few minutes ago. "I heard everything."

"No, you didn't. He sai...-"

"What, there's more? PERFECT! Excellent in fact, so go ahead and say more! YOU BITCH!" My head snapped sideways as her hand collided with my cheek, a loud snap sounding through the corridor. Stunned still for a moment, the only thing I could process was the sound of my ears ringing and the heavy huffing coming from Momo. A few seconds later, I turn my face to her direction and stare at her with my expression clear of emotion. There's a small glint of fear in her eyes, barely realizing what she's done, but honestly I couldn't care less.

"You are an idiot," Is all I say before I left Momo in the hallway, dumbfounded, to leave her with her thoughts.

*~~~~*~~~~*

What do ya think? Like it?

Remember the list? If not then go back to chapter 8.

Well now you know #9: Why does Momo hate Anami?

And you're close to finding out #4 so yay! Well... Onto the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 530 11
She never attends class and has no friends. She does her work but is never seen. She's never had much social interaction and yet she falls in love...
14.2K 141 11
*yaoi aka boyxboy don't like don't read* Alden is a pretty normal 18-year-old with a little 6-year-old sister named Callie, whom he loves to death. H...
183K 7.6K 14
Status: COMPLETE ~ ~ ~ A heart can be delicate, that's what (Y/N) wanted to believe. She is lonely, fragile, yet she's still a cheerful person. Life...
19.9K 508 12
When Kyoko moves to a new school she meets lots of new people and many that soon she considers friends. However, one stands out to her (Makoto Naegi)...