Lover Dearest [3]

By writerbug44

The third book in the Celebrity Status series! This story follows Libby, Holly, and all of their friends to... More

Let's Do This!
1.) Fresh Starts
2.) Big News
3.) Midnight Snacks
4.) Long Flights
5.) Australian Mansions
6.) Pushy Friends
7.) Ex-Boyfriends
8.) Mutual Avoiding
9.) Personal Space
10.) Hot Neighbors
11.) Luxurious Pools
12.) Beach Parties
13.) Morning Drama
13.5.) Morning Drama- Through Jackson's Eyes
14.) Freaking Out
15.) Forming Secrets
16.) Venting
17.) Awkward Awkwardness
18.) Teenage Crisis
19.) Frustration
20.) Fancy Tears
21.) Home Alone
22.) Parental Drama
23.) Realizations
24.) Third Tries
24.5.) Third Tries- Through Holly's Eyes
25.) First Dates
26.) Movie Nights
27.) Truces
29.) Final Epilogues
Final Goodbyes.
One shot- istoleurcrayon
One shot- CharlieDeVonne

28.) Weddings

91.1K 2.7K 397
By writerbug44

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Those two sentences are something that every girl wants to hear once in her lifetime as she’s looking in the face of the man she loves, her everything, her future. Those words bring out an emotion in every- okay, maybe not every, but most- in girls that bring tears to their eyes as they begin to think about their own future. Who will I marry? Will I ever get married? How many kids will we have? What will my last name be? And then you look up to the front of the aisle where two people just committed their lives to each other and you watch the magical moment of their first kiss as husband and wife. Some people- like me and all of the other bridesmaids- cry when they watch this beautiful joining. Others just smile or laugh. But everyone can agree that this moment is a wonderful time for everyone, just with those two sentences.

And as those words rang out of the priest’s mouth, I watched with teary eyes as Tommy took Andy into his arms and claimed her lips in his with excitement and pride.

The large crowd erupted in cheers for the bride and groom as they shared their first kiss as husband and wife.

I looked over at Jackson, who was standing in the line of groomsmen and gave him a small smile as I clumsily clapped around the small pink bouquet of flowers in my hands. He waved back and then leaned over to say something to Kale, who was beside him in the groomsmen lineup. Ryder was the best man, so Ryder was beside Tommy and Jackson was on the other side of Ryder, and then it was Kale and then a guy named Jay who I was told worked in the recording studio with Tommy.

I think Andy purposely tried playing match maker with her lineup of bridesmaids to match Tommy’s groomsmen lineup. Carrie was her maid of honor, which was just a coincidence with Ryder being best man, and beside Carrie was me and then Holly and lastly, Elle.

We were all dressed in our matching bridesmaids dresses, they were light blue chiffon and very flowey as they draped down to mid-thigh. The dress had a sequin silver strap around the waist that matched the straps and the silver heels that we were given to wear. The light blue color matched the colorful array of flowers that were draped in our hands, along with the much more extravagant version of the bouquet that Andy carried down the aisle that was now in Carrie’s possession. The guys across the aisle way were all dressed in identical suits with light blue ties to match our dresses as we all clapped and clapped for the bride and groom.

They looked so happy as they embraced each other and then made their way down the aisle with everyone clapping and watching them make their escape to their small “just married” limo. I cleared my tears away, as every girl was, and then we all started to gather to follow Andy and Tommy to the building down the road where the reception was being held.

I rode in a rented limo with the whole bridal party, between Holly and Jackson as we all cooed over how cute the ceremony was.

“Did you see her crying?” Holly wailed. “Andy was totally crying.”

“You are all crying.” Ryder pointed out from his seat between Carrie and Elle.

“Yes, thank you for that, Ryder.” Holly snapped playfully. “But she was really crying and it was so cute!”

“You’re so clueless.” Carrie giggled at Ryder. I silently wondered how long they would last without deeming their relationship officially romantic because I don’t think they’ll last very long at all.

“We’re here.” Elle chirped, causing me to look out the window of the dark windows. We were in front of the five star hotel that Andy was having the reception at, along with all of the other cars that had driven the rest of the wedding guests.

We all filed out of the limo and once I was on my feet, I felt Jackson slide his hand through mine, causing me to smile softly just at the warmth that immediately filled me while I walked with everyone else towards the doors. And it wasn’t just the fact that Jackson was holding my hand, it was the fact that Jackson was holding my and in front of everyone, including Holly. We didn’t have to hide it or share secret looks like we used to. It’s been two weeks since the fiasco with Holly and it did take time for her to get used to the idea of her best friend and her brother being together, but I think she’s finally warming up to the idea, which is a major relief to me.

“Okay, so we’re definitely going to have a girl night tonight.” Holly announced. “I mean, except for Andy since she’ll be in the Caribbean.” Yeah, even though they just spent almost three months in Australia, Andy and Tommy are going on another vacation to celebrate their honeymoon while we finish our vacation here in Australia. She’s so ridiculous, it’s hilarious sometimes.

“I second that.” Elle chirped with a beaming grin that matched everyone else’s.

“Third.” I giggled, just because it felt like a nice time to giggle- everyone was in a magically good mood today, with there being a wedding and all.

“Carrie, you don’t have a choice, you have to come.” Holly said with a teasing smile. “I mean, you’re probably going to be around a lot, with being together with Ryder and all, so I-“

“Oh, there’s our table, right there. In the middle. That is so fancy.” Ryder interrupted her, and much to my surprise- and I think to everybody’s surprise, really- Ryder’s ears started to go red and for the first time in forever, I witnessed Ryder West blushing. He was actually blushing as he hurriedly led our group of giggling bridesmaids and amused groomsmen towards the center table of the intricately designed ballroom of busy people that were now filing into the room.

There was a huge open space in the middle of the large room that was branded with the monogram of Andy and Tommy’s initials on the smooth tiled floor. The dance floor was surrounded by a few cute white couches for resting in between dances and then outside of those couches were the tables where we were going to have dinner and cake before actually dancing. Our table was obvious- it was long, front and center, and reserved for the bride, groom, their parents and the wedding party.

We all sat down, I was between Carrie and Holly since the bridesmaids were on one side of the table, on Andy’s side, and the groomsmen were on Tommy’s side, and waited for the arrival of the bride and groom who had their seats in the center of the table. On the other side of Carrie sat Mr. and Mrs. West, the she-devil herself. Mr. West was really nice, I’ve met him a few times, and it’s a mystery to everyone why he ever married such a terrible person. I don’t even understand how he can tolerate her, let alone love her. Maybe it’s because she makes beautiful children.

Andy and Tommy made their huge entrance into the room and everybody’s eyes were on them- they both looked so happy and in the moment, it was truly amazing. Every one clapped, yet again, and then made their way to their seats. There were no paparazzi in the reception, unlike at the ceremony. Andy and Tommy allowed only a few select cameramen to sit in the back and cover the ceremony, but that was all the press that they were allowing for the wedding.

We all fell into friendly chatter, talking about the ceremony or gushing over the amazingly intricate decorations that the reception area was drenched in. The waiter people brought us appetizers of small shrimp cocktails, which were amazing, and that’s saying something because I’m not much of a fan of seafood, but that shrimp was really good.

“It’s time for toasts, everybody!” Ryder announced, standing to his feet as he lightly banged on the side of his champagne glass with a spoon. It was really funny to see Ryder doing that because I could tell that he was focused on not breaking the glass because then he’d have to face the terrible wrath of Andy. “Okay, well, I guess I’ll start since I’m being forced to. I’ve grown up with Tommy, since we were like, ten or something. I was already doing those embarrassing chicken nugget commercials and he was already running around in a cowboy hat and learning guitar. And when I introduced him to my sister when we were thirteen, it was obvious that this day would come. I’m glad that Andrea has somebody that I know will treat her right, and he knows that if he doesn’t, I’ll break his nose. And I know that right now, I should tell some embarrassing story from our childhood, but Tommy was there through it all, so I don’t think it’d embarrass her at all. But I really am happy for you both” I don’t know why he called Andy by her full name, but nonetheless, the speech was very adorable because it’s a very rare occurrence that Ryder is actually serious and/or sentimental about something. “To my best friend, and my little sister.” He toasted.

We all raised our glasses of golden champagne to Ryder’s sweet toast and then he was applauded as he sat back down just as Jackson rose in his seat with his glass in his hand. He sent me a short smile, causing me to blush and then smile back, before he faced the crowd in front of us who were all seated in their circular tables. “I haven’t been part of this group for as long as most of the others. I had only met Tommy and Ryder when I moved here five years ago, but the first gig I got was a commercial with Ryder and then a year later, I was moving in next door. Tommy is one of the most un-Hollywood celebrities I have ever met, I have to say, and it was really reassuring when I first got here. And now I can see that it’s Andy who keeps him so grounded. I’ve known them both for five years and I can say that I’ve seen this day coming the whole time, and it’s about time. To Andy and Tommy.” Jackson toasted.

We raised our glasses again and took a sip of the slightly spiked drinks as Tommy’s mother, sobbing the whole time, stood up and gave her speech, and then his dad followed her. They were both such nice people, it was adorable. The only other old couple that I’ve seen that are still together and have been for so many years are my parents, and I don’t count them as humans, so Tommy’s parents are the only parents that I know that are happily together, which is really cute.

Andy’s dad gave a small, heartfelt speech that left Andy in tears, and then her mother stood. She only nagged about how the wedding wasn’t what she planned and she was going into how she hoped that Andy would start joining Tommy on stage when Ryder and Mr. West demanded that she sit back down before Andy was in tears again, but the bad kind, which would be terrible because it was her wedding day and her mother really shouldn’t ruin that for her, that’s just so messed up.

Carrie was last, since only the maid of honor and the best man were supposed to give speeches, Jackson being the exception, of course. “I’ve known Andy for as long as I’ve known Tommy, which is a really long time.” She began. “And she’s the one who really motivated me to keep going even when I felt like quitting on music and my dreams. She’s persistent, but she cares so much for the people around her. I can really see why Tommy fell so hard for her, and I’m incredibly happy for them both. You can tell how in love she is.” Her smile faltered slightly and her eyes flickered to Ryder before looking back at the crowd again. “Even when he’s being stubborn and stupid, she still loves him. No matter how hard she tries not to and-“ Andy subtly tugged on the edge of Carrie’s dress, silently telling her that she was getting off topic and something told me that Carrie wasn’t talking about Tommy and Andy anymore. When she realized her mistake, she blushed profusely before grinning and raising her glass. “To love.” Again her eyes flickered to Ryder, who was looking down at his lap while she sat down and we all raised our glasses once more. I swear, if they don’t get together soon, something bad is going to happen. I don’t know what, or whose fault it will be, but it will be bad and nobody wants that, I’m sure of it.

After that, dinner came. We had the option between pasta, chicken, or some kind of fish. I chose the pasta, and when it came, I immediately knew that I wouldn’t be able to finish the whole thing- it was huge! It was alfredo with breadcrumbs on the top and bacon bits mixed in. It was magical, to say the least.

Halfway through dinner, Carrie excused herself from the table and by the waver in her chin, I’d say she was going to the bathroom to let out a good cry. Andy stood up to go after her, but Ryder put a hand on his sister’s shoulder and whispered something to her before chasing after the curly blonde- something was definitely going on there, but I wasn’t getting involved…. Not yet, at least.

After all of the dishes were cleared away from the tables and Carrie and Ryder had returned to the table, three people wheeled out a beautifully decorated table and perched on top of the table was a beautifully decorated cake. It was a tan color with a bunch of tiers which were topped with fondant-made sea shells, seahorses, and other things that you would find on a beach. Andy decided to dedicate her cake to the fact that we were in Australia, and on the beach, even though we were inside. It was a beautiful cake and, thanks to a bazillion cake tastings, I know that the bottom tier is vanilla, the second to bottom is chocolate, and then the rest was some kind of fruity flavor that I don’t remember.

Andy and Tommy did the whole traditional thing where they smash cake in each other’s faces and then laugh about it, which was pretty amusing because Andy got some up her nose and Tommy in his ear.

We all enjoyed the delicious cake- I had chocolate- and then it was time for the exciting part of the day. Dancing.

At first, the DJ played a really slow song for Andy and Tommy’s first dance, which was Heart Of The World by Lady Antebellum and just the sweetest song ever, and they twirled around the large dance floor with smiles on their faces. Andy looked like Cinderella, only without the huge puffy dress, her dress was slim and lacy.

After all of the traditional songs, like Andy dancing with her dad and Tommy had a dance with his mom, the DJ played the happy, upbeat songs that I danced to with Holly, Elle, Carrie, and Taylor who had been invited last minute, along with her three brothers who were around somewhere. Emily was there, obviously, her being Tommy’s cousin, so we invited her to dance with us, but she gracefully declined, much to our relief. All of the Emily drama was forgotten forever ago, with what happened with Holly and Kale and such, but things were still awkward.

After a few fast, danceable songs, Past Lives by Kesha had started to play. It wasn’t the slowest of slow songs, but it was slow enough for a slow dance, and is such a cute song. Almost immediately, Jackson was beside me, offering me his hand and asking to dance with a small smile on his face.

I blushed, of course, and nodded.

“I’ll go find Kale.” Holly announced happily, walking away to go find her fiancé for the dance.

Jackson quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and I clung to his neck. “I think she’s getting used to it.” Jackson piped softly.

I sighed heavily and rested my head on his shoulder. I wasn’t even used to it yet. I mean, this is Jackson- the boy that I’ve known since forever and the boy that I’ve always seen as my best friends brother and occasionally, I could consider him a friend. But now, only after a few months, I can see that he’s so much more than a friend. I love him. I really do, I love him so much and that’s just so crazy to me. Not to mention how high his standards must have been before me, hooking up with models and actresses for years, and then coming to settle for me. That doesn’t make any sense.

“Good.” I whispered, holding him tightly to me. “I really want her to be okay with this.”

“She is.” He assured me. “Everything is working out, Libby.”

I nodded in agreement, everything really was working out. Holly had Kale, Elle had Isaac, Andy had Tommy, Carrie had Ryder (even if they can’t figure that out yet), and although the twins don’t have girlfriends, they’re still happy, I’m sure. And soon, Brendon will be back off to Berkeley, Jarrod will be off to Penn State, Isaac and Elle will be enduring the New York weather, and I’ll be here, with my bestest friend, the guy I love, and two more years of college.

I placed a soft kiss on his lips and then smiled, realizing that for the first time in a very long time, everything really was working out for everybody.

______________________________

THIS IS NOT THE END

Thank you so much for all of the dresses and suggestions I've gotten over like, the past month, I've recieved a bunch of amazing dresses and it was so hard to choose, but there, on the side, are the winners, if I can get it to work, that is. I lost all of the names, though, so if you see one of your submitions on here, let me know, so I can give you credit, if you really want it (:

There is only one more chapter, and then it's all over :/

Thank you so much for reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2M 283K 50
Madeline Stone knows where her future is heading-her family has that part all figured out. On her twenty-first birthday she is stealing a few moment...
1.7M 66.9K 39
James slid his hand to the nape of my neck, holding me steady against his lips. His other hand stayed on my waist. "I thought you couldn't handle me...
6.7M 132K 32
"Never Fall for a Bad Boy." That's what Olivia has always been told. So why did she go and do it anyway? And why did he have to be the best friend of...
262K 10.2K 44
#3 love- Wed, 3 Apr (2024) #1 yanderefanfic- Thu, 8 Feb (2024) #1 insanity- Sun, 28 Jan (2024) #1 obsessed - Thu, 15 Jun (2023) #3 crazy- Sun, 9 Jul...