9.) Personal Space

The next morning, I stayed in bed for an abnormally long time, not motivated enough to stand up out of my cloud-like bed. I felt like I went to the beach for the past two days, so today would be a nice day to take a break from that, and if I stayed hidden in my blankets, then I wouldn’t have to deal with Holly the Matchmaker.

At about noon, I was still lying in bed with no intentions of getting out- not even my hunger could talk me out of leaving the safety of that bed. But then, there was a hard knock on the door.

“Yeah?” I called curiously to the knocker on the other side of the door.

The door swung open and Ryder peeked his head in the door. “Are you alive?”

“Yep.” I mumbled, not sitting up in my bed.

“Well is something wrong?” He asked awkwardly.

I slowly sat up in the bed. “Nope.”

“Okay then, we’re all going out to lunch. Wanna go?” He asked.

I shook my head. “Not really.”

“Sure you’re okay?” Ryder asked with raised eyebrows.

“I’m fine.” I insisted, stretching out my arms. “Just tired or something.”

“Alright, fine. Be that way.” He chided, leaving the room again.

I let out a long sigh and fell back onto the bed with an oomph and closed my eyes. I wasn’t planning on going back to sleep because I wasn’t tired, but I just liked laying there, being left alone to think about stuff.

However, before I could get my gears grinding to start thinking, my door swung open again. I groaned internally before looking up to see Ryder walking back into the room, much to my surprise and confusion.

“What are you doing?” I mumbled.

“What does it look like I’m doing?” He asked, moving over to the white chairs beside the huge window that was, at the moment, hidden behind heavy drapes.

“It looks like you’re in my room.” I stated the obvious.

“Wow, you’re a genius.” He smirked.

“Yes, I know that. But why are you here? I thought you said you guys were going out to lunch.”

“They are, but I stayed back.” He explained.

I frowned at Ryder as I finally decided to sit up in the bed and rest my back against the head board. “Why…?” I asked slowly.

“You don’t think that I’m going to let you spend vacation alone, do you?” He smirked again. “I’m not a total jerk, Libby.”

“I’m fine with being alone.” I defended.

“Well, I know I’m very clueless when it comes to a chick’s mind, but I’m pretty sure that you’re not just tired.” He told me. “So let me rephrase: Because I’m a good person, I’m not going to let you spend this vacation alone when something is eating at you. There, how’s that?”

“I’m fine.” I insisted.

“Is it Holly?” He guessed and when I was silent in return, he grinned. “See? I’m very intuitive.”

I laughed at that. “You’re not intuitive at all.”

“I was right, though, wasn’t I?” He asked with raised eyebrows.

“Okay, you were right just a little bit.”

“Well then I’m at least a little bit intuitive.” He smiled.