The Bet

By JulianJacos

"Let's make a bet." He smirked. I raised an eyebrow at him. "What is it?" I asked skeptically. The corners of... More

About
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
We hit 2k
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
We hit 3k
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
An Announcement
Chapter 72
For the Readers
The Bet: A Story Retold out now!

Chapter 11

11.4K 292 70
By JulianJacos

I open my eyes to sunlight and Rowan, Mia, and Callie were shuffling around grabbing their things.

"Hey guys where are you going?" I yawned. I turned on my phone and my finger accidentally slid on my snapchat I saw myself and almost cried. My hair was shot out from different sides. I look like hell with skin.

"Sorry Ken we have to leave there's a sale going on for homecoming dresses and it's only for four hours." Rowan explained. Only four hours? You'd think they would have enough time. They grabbed the rest of their things and walk out.

Aren't they wonderful?

"We love you!!" They shouted in unison.

Liars.

I stumbled over to the kitchen. They took everything. The chips, the soda, all of it. Gone. I looked to my right and spotted a jar of nutella.

They didn't take everything.

I strolled upstairs to check on Aiden.

I walked up to his door there were signs that said keep out. But I don't think that applied to me so I just walked in. Aiden's room is the most organized room in the house. Every piece of clothing is in a certain drawer. Every video game is on a shelf. Every book is stacked in alphabetical order. Not a single hair was out of place. Aiden sat there at his desk. His brown hair was sticking out every which way. He was typing away on his laptop. Aiden's expression was serious and focus.

I let myself in slowly I sat on his bed watching him go to work. I was going to scared him.

"What do you want Ken?"

I frowned. "How did you know it was me?"

"Because I can smell your perfume when you walked in."

"I'm not wearing perfume."

"Maybe you've wore it so much that it got stuck on you."

Maybe he's right.
I've been wearing the same scent for five years.

"You wanna hang out?" I asked. He never does look away from his laptop.

"I can't I'm working on a project and where are your friends?"

"Dress shopping." I said annoyed. People make a huge deal over one little dance that no one will remember. I'm bored and have no one to hang out with.

"Figures. I need to get his project finished."

That's my cue to leave.

"Okay I'm going to get dressed and do something."

"Don't hurt yourself."

And with that I walked out of his room.

I did my daily routine and got in the shower. I usually take long showers they're relaxing and I don't have to worry about my problems for the next thirty minutes.

When I got the shower I took a look at myself in the mirror. For a body I was pretty average. I'm a size C in a bra size and my hips weren't wide like I want them to be. My butt I couldn't complain it wasn't small but it wasn't huge.

I got dressed and plopped down on my bed. An hour later I hear the doorbell ring.

"I'LL GET IT!" I shouted. Finally some excitement I was bored as hell.

I zipped downstairs I opened the door. Reveling Adam's face.

"Ugh." I slammed the door in his face. I was excited for nothing. I don't even know why I opened the damn door.

"Come on Kendall open the door.."

"Give me one good reason."

"Because I'm a huge prick and I  feel bad about hurting you."

Who said I'm hurt?

"Ken I'm not leaving until you open the door."

I rolled my eyes and left the door.
He's not actually going to sit out there right? I don't have time for Adam's shit.

I went back upstairs and sketched a little after a while assuming Adam went back home.

I heard a knock at my door Aiden let himself in. "Uhh..Ken you might want to come look at this.." he looked amused.

I followed him to his bedroom window. Adam was sitting in the backyard and he was huddled around a small bon fire.

Oh. My. God.

"He made a camp?!" I yelled.

This makes me glad that mom's never home.

"Yeah since when have you've been friends with Adam Foster?"

"Long story." I grumbled.

I ran downstairs and open my back porch.

Adam was sitting in a mini lawn chair with a matching mini bonfire.

"Look who decided to show up." Adam smirked.

"What are you doing?"

"You wouldn't come out so I made myself comfortable."

"You're crazy!"

"Just about you gorgeous.." he winked at me.

Aiden walks behind me he looks at the mini camp fire intrigued.

"Hey Aiden come sit next to me." Adam motioned.

"How do you know my name?" Aiden raised an eyebrow.

"Your sister talks about you a lot."

Aiden looked at me like he was asking permission. I nodded in approval he walked over to Adam and sat next to him.

"Are you going to join us?" Adam smiled.

I was still mad at him.
I groaned and sat next to Aiden reluctantly.

"So Aiden, Kendall told me that you've skipped a grade.." he was trying to make conversation which is good. But my little brother isn't impressed by things easily. Aiden is like a mini me in male form even if he's taller than me.
I'm kind of proud to have someone like me around the house.

"Yeah.."

Aiden looked at me and I gave him a be nice look. He rolled his eyes can feel him mentally groaning.

Awww...he worse than me.
This made me grin from ear to ear. He looked at me like he lost interest in the person in our backyard.

"Well I need to finish my project..I see you later I guess."

Aiden gave me a look and raised a questioning eyebrow.

"We'll talk later."

He nodded and went back inside.

"I like him." Adam smiled.

"Why is that?"

"Well he reminds me of you."

I looked at him and a little smile grows on my face.

"Thanks but I think that Aiden is worse than me sometimes."

"So you're not mad at me anymore?" He asked. Adam got up from his lawn chair and scooted next to me.

"No..because you tried to make an effort with my brother..even if he didn't like you."

"Really! I thought he just adored me."

I laughed. "Dont worry you're not the only one he doesn't like."

Adam scooted closer to me "I'm sorry."

"I forgive you but you do it again and I'll make you suffer."

"Is that a promise?" He said seductively.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up,"

He laughed I stared into his mini bonfire.

"So why did you have bonfire in my back yard? It's only three in the afternoon."

"I got bored and I thought you would eventually noticed me." He shrugged. It was quiet for awhile I gazed at the fire flicker back and forth. "Let's go somewhere." Adam said out of nowhere.

"Where?"

"It's a surprise."

I gazed at Adam he had something mischievous in his eyes I was suspicious.

"Okay. Let me just grab my keys."

I went back in the house and went upstairs.

Aiden's door was open so I knocked on it he was on his computer again. "Hey I'm leaving are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah I'll be okay but when you get home we're going to talk."

He sounded like dad.

"Whatever." I laughed.

I shut the door behind me. I went to my room and grabbed my keys. I strolled downstairs and walked out the door.

Adam was waiting outside leaning on his car. "Ready?"

"I'm not sure I don't know where we are going." I walked up to him.

Adam held my hand gently. "Thats the beauty of a surprise."

Whooaaa 200 reads?? That's amazing I know it's not a lot but it is exciting. I don't think I know two hundred people. Thanks you guys are super sweet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 11K 44
I let a smirk take it's place on my face as I sauntered over towards him. He looked very amused, but I knew what I was doing. "I heard you're a playe...
207K 1.5K 8
{Highest Rank - #15 Teen Fiction (8/7/2016)} {Completed - 12/9/2016} {Being Re-Published} {Currently under major editing and also a bit of re-writing...
5K 136 22
"Okay, then allow me to offer a pact." He says, immediately making me a mixture of terrified and suspicious. "You say that I'm a jerk; a bully. So, w...
1.5M 39.1K 39
"Why her? She isn't exactly my type Troy." I said, studying the girl. "Because she looks like a virgin. Are you going to take the bet or not?" He as...