Heart of the World

By poltergeist_people

Mature for adult content!! The world we live in is a beautiful, mysterious place. My home, my country, has be... More

Ch 1: Lamb
ch 2: You Will be Missed.
Ch 3: In Every Myth
Ch 4: Honor.
Ch 6: Pain
Ch 7: sisters
Ch 8 I Have Seen Evil
Ch 9: Corsets are Strange.
Ch 10: Court
Ch 11: Acquainted
Ch 12: Equally Entertaining
Ch 13: Hop on out Little Rabbit.
Ch 14: Tea
Ch 15: The Skill of a Blind Woman With a Peg Leg.
Ch 16: The Right Princess
Ch 17: Extravagance
Ch 18: Faint
Ch 19: A Rabbit Does not Tempt Lions
Ch 20: What Women Should Not do.
Ch 21: Dignitaries
Ch 22: Passion Does not Know Shame
Ch 23: I Wish to Love Him
Ch 24: Blushing Bride
Ch 25: Mercy
Ch 26: You are Being Lewd
Ch 27: Embarrassing but, Enjoyable.
Ch 28: You are Being Lewd Again
Ch 29: Cherries
Ch 30: Petting Poison Frogs
Ch 31: Cattle
Ch 32: Falling
Ch 33: A bit Mean
Ch 34: Love is a Choice
Ch 35: Benefits
Ch 36: Stare
Ch 37: Intentions
Ch 38: Argument
Ch 39: A Very Long and Likely Painful Process
Ch 40: A Home Atop a Mountain of Ashes
Ch 41: A tad Tempermental
Ch 42: Selfish Lover
Ch 43: A Child or the Queens Head
Ch 44: A war of an Entirely Different Variety
Ch 45: You Know What They say About Happy Wives
Ch 46: A Problem

Ch 5: Power

20.1K 1.3K 166
By poltergeist_people

A/N: Hi again! sorry bout the lateness from the promised hour. My inter web  died for a while there...Anyways! first Agni POV of the book yay!! I feel like I should put king in front of his name all the time but he's a jackass so I won't.

~~

Agni POV:

"Your highness...I think you were a bit hasty in picking a bride. perhaps you should look at a few more girls.."

I stared down my retainer, which one he was I couldn't quite remember, "I want the savage princess. I will have the savage princess. Anyone to stand in my way will get a sword through the stomach."

He paled slightly, "Y-yes your majesty she is an excellent choice, a beautiful woman."

I nodded, of course she was, I wouldn't pick an ugly princess. The kingdom of Taragon is the worlds largest as king I need a fitting bride. Speaking  of fitting, "oh. get her some new clothes. Her's seem to make all the young servant boys fall over one another."

"Pardon?"

I rolled my eyes, putting my feet on my desk, "My future queen has huge breasts and wears very little clothing by choice. She wears less than the capitols whores and thinks undergarments should only be large enough to cover the important bits."

His jaw dropped. "O-oh I will have a maidservant fetch her some clothing from the capitol and a seamstress come to the palace."

I nodded.

"You're highness.."

I glanced at him, annoyed, "what?"

"Where would you like us to set up the princesses chambers?"

What sort of an idiot does he take me for? "She's staying in mine."

"But your-"

"Sigmond that is enough, you're highness has spoken."

The retainer bowed, scurrying from the room. 

My head retainer and advisor Alim stared at me with curious brown eyes, "The cursed princess of Iris is  not as expect is she King Agni?"

I stared at the snow white cloak on my desk, "She is not. She's tall for a woman, handles a large bird, blushes and her own words, and reminds me utterly of a rabbit."

Alim sighed, "...a rabbit?"

I nodded, "lets hope she's good for something other than being skinned for furs and roasted over an open flame. What sort of fabric is this Alim I have never seen it before. You are knowledgeable about that island country yes?"

His fingers brushed the fabric, "I am..I had the privilege to see the isle of Iris myself as a boy. Since I have been fascinated by it. It is a place of warm summers and harsh winters where the trees never die. Its a magical Island your highness."

I snorted, "Magical? please Alim I am not a child, those fables of magic do nothing for me."

He smiled a bit, "ah..but those fables are not fables on Iris take this fur for example, it is from what the islanders fondly call an ice fang. A large white saber tooth cat that only grows its vicious fangs in winter. its said that its pelt will never burn."

I stared at the cloak she had worn, "never burn? lets test this myth of your's Alim. Shall we bet your life?"

He nodded, "I am confident. I only ask you let me has a piece of the cloak to study one day if I win."

I shrugged already thinking of men to replace him, I would probably have a hard time finding one. Alim was a wise man and one I trusted. 

I threw the cloak into the fireplace. watching as flames slowly rose around it.

And then shrank back, leaving a burning ring around a perfectly undamaged white cloak.

"Alim."

My retainer smiled at me, "yes my king?" 

"Tell me more about Iris."

He nodded, "Shall I start with what most pertains to you?"

"Of course."

"That bird on the princesses shoulder.."

I glanced at him, the strange bird was beautiful. I had planned on breaking its neck and having it stuffed eventually when the princess did something wrong which she was sure to do, "what about it?"

"I believe it to be a Phoenix..the bird of flames. I did not know white one's were in existence but those feathers..its sheer size alone and piercing golden gaze I would not think it any other bird."

I leaned back into my chair, "She brought a bird of flames to meet the king of flames?"

He nodded, "The Phoenix are a highly intelligent species of bird, not easy to tame."

"it seemed rather tame."

He nodded, "curious is it not? My king, do you know why I recommended you choose the cursed princess?"

"You told me she was unseal and she is. you told me of her snowy hair and pale flesh, of her eyes and of her nickname as cursed."

He nodded, "yes..The eyes of the Fenni flower, a flower used to create false love in Iris. It is illegal to pick or possess due to its effects. Such interesting eyes, and such a beautiful flower. But that is not the point. The point is power."

That caught my attention, "power?"

Alim nodded, "The people of Iris are rumored to possess strange powers, the royal family the strongest of them all. I has thought perhaps a princess with power would suit you your highness."

I smirked, "I knew there was a reason I kept you alive Alim. tell me what power does my princess possess?"

He hesitated at that, "I am unsure my lord. The islanders never show their power to outsiders it is but a rumor."

I might regret keeping him alive soon, "then how do you know they have it?"

His eyes lit up, "I saw it as a child, a young boy talking to a rabid bear only to have the beast calm and follow his command a strange glazed look in its eyes."

fascinating. "Where is my savage princess Alim?"

"I believe she had asked to look at the gardens just after the gates."

I rose from my chair, ignoring his bow has I left the room.

I had a princess to find.

~~

Flora POV:

The flower was happy, as it should be with such beautiful petals and beautifully healthy friends around it. I smiled a bit as its leaves brushed my finger in a tiny greeting. 

Eilwyn cooed softly at my smile turning his head every which way to look at the flower that was responsible for my joy.

I giggled a bit, "Isn't it just beautiful Eilwyn? I have never seen such a flower."

He hopped onto the ground nudging the plant softly, curious.

"Be careful, you know plants don't do well with your temperature."

He stepped away from the flower, "Princess!"

My head snapped around to face the King of this castle, my hands wrapping tightly around my newly given cloak.

How embarrassing it was to be stared at by all of those people until I has received a new one.

I do not wish for a repeat.

Eilwyn hissed, clearly not forgiving the King.

Stopping in his tracks the red haired tyrant narrowed his icy eyes at my precious friend. 

Eilwyn hissed again, expanding his wings a bit in warning. 

He did not like the king. 

"Calm your bird before I kill it rabbit."

I had to smile a bit at that as Eilwyn seemed to scoff, his feathers ruffling in arrogance. "..not all things can simply be killed your highness.."

Those blue eyes snapped to me, "is that so?"

He drew his sword.

My eyes widened, "yo-"

The silver flashed terribly in the light as the blade swung down upon my Eilwyn.

But even the king of half this world could not conquer the sky like my Eilwyn. 

The bird rose into the sky.

The king practically growled as I watched the beautiful creature fondly.

Until he burst into flames.

The King Agni let out a soft noise of surprise, "A Phoenix it is then.."

I on the other hand was mortified, stumbling to my feet as Eilwyn came barreling down faster than any cannonball.

I did the only thing I knew to do when Eilwyn was angry. 

I stood in front of his target and tried not to cry as the rush of heat hit me before rocketing into the air with an angry screech.

The king stiffened behind me, "That bird.."

I closed my eyes.

"be rid of it."

I let out a small noise, "Please no.. Eilwyn will never hard a soul." I looked to the sky, my voice still soft "isn't that right Eilwyn please apologize to the king. He has spared our country. we are now people of Taragon this is our new king."

Another ear piercing screech.

"please Eilwyn for me."

The king snorted, "you cannot reason with a beast."

I smiled as the flames disappeared and Eilwyn came floating down upon my outstretched arm.

A beast no, you cannot reason with. But Eilwyn is no beast.

"Eilwyn.."

The bird gave off a disgruntled sound before slowly walking down my arm and hopping upon the kings shoulder. tapping him once with his beak creating a small sound.

"Eilwyn is sorry your highness, please do not make me part with him. He has been my companion since I was a child."

Eilwyn took back to the sky as the king stared at me. "What do you have to offer in exchange?"

I blinked, "o-offer?" I stared at the ground, "all I have is myself and that-"

"You already belong to me."

I nodded.

"Such a shame then."

I felt on the verge of tears to afraid to say anything to this man who dwarfed my hight that matched many men I have met in the past. This man who could ruin everything I have ever known.

"You are quiet for a curse."

I gulped.

"Quiet for someone who supposedly possesses great power as well."

I felt my eyes widen as his fingers tucked under my chin.

"I want your power rabbit, show it to me and you can have your bird."

"Show it..?"

He nodded.

"I cannot."

"why not?"

"It is sacred to my peo-"

He sneered, "you told the bird yourself, you are people of Taragon now. Show me."

My eyes pooled will tears, "which one?"

He leaned down to whisper in my ear, "all of them. Show me what you are good for."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 56.7K 63
"Look at me properly and try to remember." He implored her, his silvery eyes boring into hers. Maya raised her nervous eyes to meet his. Searching he...
1.7K 111 25
Tagalog/English Lilian grew up knowing only one thing about her life and that is the fact that she was abandoned. As she grew older the mystery surr...
1.7M 55.8K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
32 0 25
The kingdom of Verlockend has a secret. Within its emerald green hills and spanning lakes lies a deadly curse. Behind its citizens' extravagant masks...