Love Happens

De thefanzonestruggles

Teen romance is overrated. Kit Dawson is probably the only sane person at Finnigan High who thinks so... Mai multe

before you start reading.
1. "Confessions With Cupid."
2. "Sheep are creepy."
3. "Aloha, Kittycat."
4. "Stalkers and whatever-his-name-is."
5. "You Talk A Lot."
6. "Not gonna let you go until you say bye."
7. "We're definitely not strangers anymore."
8. "Stalkerism is probably his religion."
9. "You're a Saggitarian and we're not compatible."
10. "It's just for four days, mom."
11. "You found me."
12. "Hawaii is so beeping beautiful."
13. "I affect you."
14. "How convenient."
15. "Cage is a weirdo."
16. "Just eat it, Kit."
17. "He just left me."
18. "I'm such an idiot."
19. "Talk about being so creepily bipolar."
21. "I don't want to like him."
22. "I'm nobody, but you can call me Kirstin."
23. "Kit l-o-v-e-s Cage!"
24. "Who the hell let you wear this dress?"
25. "Kit. Is this your first kiss?"
26. "Hey, it isn't what it looks like!"
27. "I don't even know who I am anymore."
28. "You didn't look like the nerd type."
29. "I thought I was your one true love."
30. "Stop stealing my girlfriend away, Dawson."
31. "Do you want to spend time with me?"
32. "I'd put the whole world on hold if it means I get to see you."
33. "You're very pretty. Just in case you didn't know."
34. "I have it real bad for you."
35. "I can't believe we're actually here."
36. "He's more into blondes than he'd ever do brunette."
37. "They're hot, but don't have too many brain cells."

20. "And what would you know about true love?"

239 26 20
De thefanzonestruggles

A/N:- GUYS GUYS GUYS. I UPLOADED THE BOOK TRAILER OVER HERE. CHECK IT OUTTTT. I'M KINDA HAPPY WITH THE WAY IT TURNED OUT. OKAY I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Cage's POV

I couldn't believe how beautiful she was when she was asleep.

I know how stalkerish and cliche that sounds, but from where I lay, my heart hammering inside my chest, I could see her face, basked in the light of the stars and moon.

Man, I could be a frikkin poet.

The soft sound of her breathing, and the sweet scent of cocoa butter that she carried around were starting to become addicting. Her adorable comebacks, snarky comments and sheer annoyance at life were starting to be the only things stuck on my head.

Shit, I have it bad for this girl.

I mean, yes, it was pretty lame of me to confess what I felt for her in the most unconvenient way possible. But to be honest, I hadn't exactly expecting a yes. I had been hoping for a yes, of course, but Kit and I being boyfriend-girlfriend so soon made me feel weird.

And I had this really strange feeling inside me, a feeling that made me feel like I could trust this girl with anything. There was a lot I haven't told her about myself yet, but there's still time.

I smiled to myself as I watched her mumble incoherent words in her sleep, as she tossed and turned. I wanted to move closer to her, and pull her towards me into a warm, possesive hug.

Oh my god, that was so sappy. I apologize. Let me go and break a window or something to sound like a dude again.

I sighed, feeling content as I rolled over, trying to catch some sleep, but it wasn't possible because my stupid heart was beating way too fast.

~x~

Kit's POV

To say it was cold was an understatement. It was freezing on the grass.

Shivering, I wrapped the blanket around myself, blinking the sleep out of my eyes. It was morning, and the sky was blueish-pink. I could see people slowly waking up and crawling out of their tents, and dewdrops glistened on the grass which was everywhere.

"Damn it, Cage, it's cold," I murmured, looking to my right. Only Cage wasn't there. Creepy.

I reached for the duffel bag that Cage had brought along and zipped it open, to see a sweatshirt inside. YES, I thought as I pulled it over my shoulders. The sweatshirt was grey and huge, with YALE written on it. It came up to my knees and I pulled the sweater sleeves down. The sweatshirt smelled amazing, and so vanillaish. Like Cage.

I rolled up the blankets off the grass, packing our stuff up so we could leave. I spotted my baby phone hiding beneath all the pillows and eagerly I grabbed it.

Realizing I hadn't used it in so long, I switched it on. Shit. 56 new unread texts.

Mom:- Honey? Is everything okay?

Mom:- What are your plans for today?

Mom:- Vegas is leaving for Hawaii today. He'll call you once he reaches.

Gabby:- WHAT THE HECK DOES TANNER MEAN BY YOU TWO ARE LOST

Gabby:- ANSWER YOUR TEXTS WOMAN

Gabby:- OR ARE YOU TOO BUSY WITH CAGE

Gabby:- DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I AM RIGHT NOW

Gabby:- WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING MY TEXTS

Gabby:- TANNER'S SAYING THAT WE CAN ONLY COME GET YOU IN THE MORNING. THAT MAKES NO SENSE! WE'RE COMING RIGHT NOW.

Gabby:- No we're not. This is Tanner. We'll be coming in the morning, love birds ;*

Gabby:- IGNORE TANNER'S TEXT

Gabby:- ITS UNSAFE

Gabby:- LOSER

Gabby:- BUT WAIT

Gabby:- ARE YOU TWO BONDING

Gabby:- DID CAGE CONFESS HIS UNDYING LOVE FOR YOU YET XD

Gabby:- STAY SAFE, MY LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT <3333 IM COMING FOR YA

Vegas:- Little sis? Why aren't you picking up your phone? Where are you? I'm in the hawaii airport right now. Call me once you get this text.

Hurriedly, I called Vegas. He picked up on the third ring.

"Kit? Where are you?" he asked as soon as he picked up. I sucked in my breath. "Hey, Vegas! How was the flight?"

"It was fine, and I'm staying in a pretty rad hotel. We're thinking of dropping by your resort later, just so I can meet you. I won't stay, don't worry. But where are you?" Vegas didn't sound too concerned, but did sound suspicious.

"I'm with friends," I said, trying to sound light. "We went camping... and stuff."

"Oh," Vegas said. "That's great. Highschools let you wander off alone these days? Man, you guys are lucky. Anyways, is Gabby with you?"

"Um, yes," I bit my lip. Technically, Gabby was with me. I guess.

"Okay. So when will you be back?"

"Soon," I replied. "I have no clue. But I'll call as soon as I reach the resort. And Veggie?"

"Don't. call. me. that," Vegas growled. I grinned.

"I love you, big bro."

"Love ya too," I could literally hear his smirk. "And by the way, you suck at lying."

"What do you mean?"

"I spoke to Gabby already. She told me everything. I trust you, Kit, but don't do anything irresponsible. You know what I mean... don't eat too much pizza like you did last time when you snuck off with friends."

"Okay," I tried not to laugh. "See you."

"You and your brother seem to have a very close relationship."

I turned around to see Cage leaning against the side of the car, holding two cans of coffee. I hopped out of the car, grabbing the coffee from him. "No, not really," I replied, taking a sip of the hot deliciousness (A/N:- I hate coffee tbh lol). Cage raised an eyebrow at me. "Is that my sweatshirt?"

"Yep," I responded. "It's so soft and comfy and beautiful. Why are guy sweatshirts so much better than the girl ones?"

"I don't know, maybe the sweatshirt companies don't know what girls prefer to wear," Cage shrugged. "But it looks good on you."

"Does it?"

"Mhm."

He didn't look at me as he took a sip of his coffee. I grinned. "So, when's Tanner and Gab gonna be here?"

"Tanner likes her."

"What?" I glanced up at Cage.

"Tanner. likes. your. friend."

"Dude, Gabby has a boyfriend," I replied. Cage shrugged. "That doesn't matter much. He likes her a lot. And now, Aleisha feels like the third wheel."

Cage didn't let me respond, and he went on talking. "Anyways, I just spoke to Tanner on the payphone over there. They'll be here to pick us up in 20 minutes."

"Okay," I murmured. "But dude. Gab's dating Jason. She says she loves him."

"It doesn't look like true love to me," Cage shrugged.

I raised my eyebrows. "And what would you know about true love?"

"More than you, that's for sure."

"Cage, it doesn't make sense," I set the container of coffee down onto the hood of the car. "I mean, if you got your heart broken once, shouldn't you hate love? I mean, unless, you still love her."

"I don't know," Cage looked slightly uncomfortable, as he ran a hand through his hair, messing it up. "Er, can we not talk about this?"

I shrugged. "Okay, yeah."

But he didn't say he didn't love her.

-x-

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

719 115 7
Kenzie O'donnell, a senior student with hazel eyes and dark brown hair, previously thought that her senior year would seem ordinary. However, it turn...
2K 245 46
(COMPLETED) Cassie Logan had everything, she had the looks the grades and even the boy she thought was the one in high school. Everything changed whe...
Comfort Zone De Belle

Ficțiune adolescenți

402K 18.6K 22
"I'd always liked my life. It was quiet, under control, and routine. Then he came along and showed me how much more there was, how much more I was." ...
1.4K 46 50
[COMPLETED] Take a lover who loves the moon, for he'll know how to love you when you're not so full. Katherine Grace Winter is known for her independ...