Ages of HipHop

By Coora360

Young dancers would do anything to get a new groove on. Well, all except me. All my dancing life has just bee... More

City Life and Random Guy
Headaches
Class Dance
Street Dancing
Natural Singer
Gunshots and Betrayed
Lingering off
Can't Dance
Superfruit (Surprisingly) Helps
Torturing Myself
A Violinist on the Street?
Terrance Can Sing?
Who Knew Hip Hop Could be so Classical?
Going to Meet Mom
Singing Simple Songs
"I Can't Do this to Someone I care for"
It's All Over
Back to Normal. Well, Not Quite

Advanced Hip Hop

186 3 0
By Coora360

What do you get when Home Boy sees you street dancing? You get the entire class to know.

When I came in today, people looked at me like I was some alien. I gave them all confused looks, until I saw Home Boy talking to Nigel about my "dance". Nigel looked over Home Boy's shoulder and waved his hand to me to come over.

I let out a slow, frustrated, sigh and walked over. When I was just behind Home Boy, Nigel gave me his "look".

"How many times do I gotta tell ya, Coora?" he said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I replied, looking down, "I know I shouldn't dance in the streets, but I couldn't help myself."

"You gotta control that dancing mood of yours, if that's the case," he snapped, "Should I ask your parents to pick you up or somethin'?"

My eyes widened, and I looked up at him.

"Don't," I said, "Who knows when those two are even drunk, much less answer their phones."

He scowled at me, then waved Home Boy and me off. I took my phone out of my bag and put on my headphones. Today's agenda was suppose to be freestyle, so I could listen to any song I wanted to and dance to it.

I decided, since I was probably gonna be given some stares, I would dance to Ayo. That's probably the one song I did the best in. Not only that, but it was an advanced dance. As I was getting the song, I looked through my dance playlist. It had the songs in this order.

Post to be

Loyal

Trap Queen

Bad Blood

Get Ugly

Whip/Nae Nae

Hit the Quan

Ayo

They were all clean versions, because of them being for dances. I picked Ayo and started dancing. I could feel stares boring into me, as I was dancing. The beat drop was coming, but, AGAIN, my phone started buffering. I started to lose my balance, but was then caught by a certain someone.

Yup, you guessed it, Home Boy.

"You really need to work on your balance" He said.

I brushed myself off and looked at him.

"I'm fine," I said, blankly, "Thanks again."

I heard some giggles coming from the crowd. I glared at the area I heard it coming from, and everyone went quiet.

"No problem, street dancer," he added.

I rolled my eyes and went back to dancing.

At the end of the day, Nigel asked me to stay after for a bit.

"You probably know why I wanted you to stay after," he said.

"Because I danced on the street," I said, looking down, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it. It's not safe to go out and dance out in the city without some th-"

"But I've also heard, from Home Boy, that you helped a man get quite a bit of money from that," he cut off.

I looked at him.

"I think that if you do that for someone, it's nice, but I still don't like that you danced on the streets."

I rolled my eyes. First the guy's kinda complimenting me, then he goes on to insulting my choices.

"What's with you an Home Boy, anyways?"

I shook my head.

"Right after you left," I began, "I started dancing, and, as usual, my phone started buffering, and I fell. Home Boy was there, so he caught me. Ever since, that kid's been everywhere I walk."

Nigel started laughing. I looked at him confused.

"I think there's gonna be some romance coming towards this hip hop crew."

I literally gagged. Ew, no thanks!

"Bleh. No. Thanks."

Nigel started chuckling and waved me off.

Thank god he didn't go any farther.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

497 129 26
Hey! I'm Winifred. People think I have it all,my parents are famous and I'm ridiculously rich but there is one thing I don't have and it's something...
208 31 29
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...
98 0 6
I was finally happy new house, new car, new clients , new bae who I was in love with, turning up with my best friends, Life was finally going my way...
7.7K 346 4
If I had known my life would take such a 360 turn, I would've enjoyed life to the fullest, I wouldn't have rushed anything, But I didn't know what I...