My Monster Mate (Book I)

Von Mbalii

Book One in the My Mate Series - "Elijah," Alexander calls in this terrifying voice. I know it's dangerous bu... Mehr

Part I
One: The Attack
Two: The Joke
Four: The Almost Rejection
Five: The Brother
Six: The Creatures
Seven: The Encounter
Eight: The Coward
Nine: The Sparks
Ten: The Reason
Eleven: The Russo Brothers
Twelve: The Semi Rescue
Thirteen: The Twin
Fourteen: The Blackout
Fifteen: The Brother
Sixteen: The Discovery
Seventeen: The Rash Decision
Eighteen: The Great Escape
Nineteen: The Mother
Twenty: The Emotions
Twenty-One: The Switch
Twenty-Two: The Ex
Twenty-Three: The Return
Twenty-Four: The Secrets Out
Twenty-Five: The Episode
Twenty-Six: The Shot
Twenty-Seven: The Bullet
Part II
Twenty-Eight: The Wait
Twenty-Nine: The Morning Swaps
Thirty: The Regret
Thirty-One: The Revival
Thirty-Two: The Move
Thirty-Three: The Hex
Thirty-Four: The Dark Magic
Thirty-Five: The Dark Side
Thirty-Six: The Temporarily Wolf-Less Elijah
Thirty-Seven: The Third In Command
Thirty-Eight: The Friend
Thirty-Nine: The Rogue Mission
Forty: The Dream
Forty-One: The Defiance
Forty-Two: The Battle
Forty-Three: The Accident
Part III
Forty-Four: The Flight Home
Forty-Five: The Betrayal
Forty-Six: The Outrage
Forty-Seven: The Confession
Forty-Eight: The Truth
Forty-Nine: The Ceremony
Fifty: The End
Thank You || Q&A
Bonus: Halloween
Bonus: Alexander's Pov
New: Her Calling. Book II: My Hybrid Mate

Three: The Club

106K 2.8K 435
Von Mbalii

The Club

"So why'd you say it was me? Why didn't you just say it was Zeke?" Nicholas asks, laying himself on my bed one hand holding up his head.

It's the day after Alexander shifted in my room so of course, I had to call Nic over. Well, to be honest, he basically called himself over. Being the nosey wolf he is, he needed to know why he was being used as a scapegoat to such a preposterous and unlikely chain of events.

Which is true, it is so unlikely for a regular wolf to get so worked up they shift, I'd have to have done something insanely crazy for that to happen. And even so, for Nicholas to shift like that out of rage? It's totally out of character.

"Because he's still so mad about the Alexander Russo being my mate thing." I sigh, glancing outside the window.

Everything was so much simpler when Alexander hadn't attacked, it seems as though ever since that day everything has just gone south. Well... I guess things could've gone worse for the Pack. So, rather this, huh.

"I don't get that." He says looking at me, "Nothing has been confirmed. He's basing it all on 'what if's'."

I let out a puff of air, "Neither do I, I mean I'm sorry that I'm not nineteen yet. I'm sorry I cannot tell whether he is or is not my mate. I mean, why is it even an issue? Of course, Ezekiel is my mate."

It really infuriated me that he was doubting us, it really did. However, a really small devilish part of me doubted it too. And as my birthday drew closer I got more and more nervous.

He gives me a reassuring smile, "It's okay, Eli."

"It isn't..." I get up and close all the doors, so the sound won't escape, "I used you as a scapegoat because Alexander Russo was in my room last night..."

Nicholas instantly looks baffled, "What?"

I continue, "... And he shifted in here and caused a scene because I said Zeke's my mate."

Nicholas sat up, "Eli..." his tone was solemn. I knew instantly that I had lost him to the 'Alexander Russo is your mate' posy.

"Last night wasn't the first time he has shown up either. He usually, like, stalks me. He watches me from afar and has entered my room twice. Last night I just made the mistake of messing with him. He didn't take it well and that's why he shifted."

I knew the words were coming.

"That seems like something a mate would do, Elijah."

"I know." I stare at my feet, not knowing what else to say, I knew what it looked like. I wasn't a fool.

He runs a hand through his hair, "What does he say when he's here?"

I look at my ceiling, "Nothing really, just questions if I'm afraid of him. He doesn't do or say much."

"Have you seen him since he shifted?" He queries.

These are an awful lot of questions.

I shake my head, "No, that isn't unusual though, he normally only comes at night."

"Ah." Nicholas nods, "Don't make him mad again please, we don't need another attack."

I laugh, "I'll keep that in mind."

That conversation took place a week ago and I haven't seen Alexander since. I guess that's a good thing, I did ask him to leave me alone. Although I didn't think he would, I guess I'll appreciate that he listens. If he is my mate, I deserved these last few days without him clogging up my mind.

I'll never get this life back if he is my mate, so I'm grateful he gave me one last week.

Tonight was the night of my nineteenth birthday. Elisha and I were so excited, we could hardly hold it in. All she was speaking about was mates. How excited she is to meet him and how excited she was about it all.

Both Nicholas and Ezekiel haven't come over. Elisha and I knew why Zeke didn't come over, his anger turned to nervousness. He had turned into a doubtful mess, he doubted that we were mates. I guess we slightly both did, I was crossing all fingers and toes that we were wrong. I did not want to be the mate of a monster.

Only I knew why Nicholas didn't come in early in the morning like he normally does, he was avoiding Elisha. Afraid that she was his mate. I tried linking him but he's shut it off.

For the sake of my sanity, I decided just to get ready as though nothing was the matter like today was a normal birthday. I dressed in a white dress with a brown belt and white heels. My sister was in a white dress too but hers was short by her hips but longer by her back and front. She had on white heels too. Our hair was done in a gelled high ponytail. Had we not been fraternal, I swear we'd look exactly the same.

"Selfies!" She yelled.

We took a couple before I refused to take any more. Elisha could go on taking selfies for decades. Straight after we went down and had some food, according to Elisha we could not drink on an empty stomach. I have no clue how she knew any of this. I hadn't even known where you locate a club, let alone a werewolf club.

She stood up, "Okay, it's about time. Let's roll."

"Be careful, girls." My father says, "Especially you, Elijah. Don't go about making wolves angry."

The way he said 'wolves' made me uneasy but I know for a fact it was nothing to worry about because if he truly knew it was Alexander in my room I wouldn't be going anywhere tonight. Birthday or not.

"I don't do it purposefully." I roll my eyes, "Can you take us, by the way. The boys are... well... yeah." I shrugged, really not knowing how to complete that sentence.

"I see." Dad said, "Well, c'mon girls."

* * *

"Elijah." My father quickly called, just as I had shut the backseat door.

I popped my head in the driver's seat window, "Yes?"

"Good luck. I know you're sure that Ezekiel is your mate but if he isn't, it's still okay." His tone was pure and honest, with a hint of worry.

I smiled although it didn't reach my eyes, "I know, Dad, I know."

When Alexander was around stalking me, my wolf would be busy and I would be annoyed. And all those times he wasn't even as close as Zeke is to me right now and she isn't annoying me. I knew that had to be some kind of sign and it made the bad kind of butterflies swarm in my stomach.

I walked away once my father had feathered a kiss on my forehead, thankfully Elisha waited for me so we could walk in together. Knowing it was our birthday because of Elisha's supposed connections we walked in. Skipping the line felt good, something I could get used to, maybe I should change my name to Elijah Kardashian or something.

'All I had to tell them was that we knew the owner & it's our birthday.' She linked.

'Who is the owner?' I gave her a look.

'Heck if I know.' She shrugged, then sashayed into the club.

The club was packed, I could even say over packed. It was ridiculous honestly, that this many wolves would willingly come here to be squished and deprived oxygen. Pushing my way to the bar I had already confirmed that I would never return.

"You have to try this!" Elisha yelled, she then ordered another of whatever it was that she was drinking.

I took it and she nodded before downing the drink, I soon followed suite letting the liquid burn its way down my throat. Just as it reached my stomach I felt hands on my waist but no sparks followed. None whatsoever – so whoever it was, wasn't my mate. I turned around and my face dropped. I couldn't help it, it dropped and I instantly wanted to cry.

It was Zeke.

I looked into his eyes, the one true way to know. And still – nothing. I removed his hands and walked as quickly as I could, away from him. I couldn't look at him, I couldn't utter a word. I had to get away.

Zeke's not my mate. How? How could the moon goddess do this to me? I was so sure, we both were. Sure we had our doubts since the attack but before that, we were airtight.

I stopped at a random dimly lit booth and swatted my hand across the booth to make sure no one was there. Yeah, I could see better than a human but the blur of tears in your eyes affects us the same.

I closed my eyes and placed my hands over them, I tried to calm myself down. I held my tears back for the sake of my make-up. After getting my emotions in check I sat back and watched the other wolves. I had never really been in a club so I took this as the opportunity to look around.

I scoffed seeing she-wolves grind on their probable mates. Maybe they were smarter than me, they probably didn't date someone for three years only to find put they aren't their mate.

My mind automatically trailed off, thinking of Alexander Russo, what if he was indeed my mate? What if the moon goddess thought that's who I deserved? A ruthless killer who has innumerable enemies who would surely come for me the moment they get wind of me.

I wiped those thoughts away, maybe he wasn't. The moon goddess is never wrong but surely Alexander Russo and my wolf could be.

My thoughts came to a halt when I smelt him – my mate. It had to be. I searched around frantically but couldn't see well enough. This lighting is actually really crappy.

"Eli." He sat down and I rolled my eyes, really not in the mood for him.

I sighed, "Alexander."

"Where's your mate?" The words rolled off his tongue like they were forbidden.

I continue to look out at the crowd waving my hand in that direction I say, "Somewhere in the crowd."

"Are you still going on about that Ezekiel pup?" I turned to him instantly ready to make him eat his words for calling Zeke a 'pup'. However, as soon as I looked into his eyes, boy did I wish I hadn't.

He was right under the lightbulb so his eyes were clearly illuminated and I couldn't seem to take my eyes off his. It was almost as if I was in a trance. Everything else went silent and nothing else mattered but the two of us. The lighting had somehow gotten brighter and the world had fizzled away. I could see him perfectly, his fully curly locks, his thick well-trimmed beard, his chocolate brown eyes. It was etched into my mind.

"Fuck." He muttered, "I can't bloody believe it. Out of all the fucking girls here."

Everything snapped back into reality like after the Thanos snap, my mood fell and the brightness disappeared. Everything was instantly bland, the music and world fizzling back.

"Oh, don't act like you didn't know!" I yell, annoyed.

His hand was clenching his curls, "I did but I could've been wrong. I wished I was." I gasped, that really hurt.

Rising from my seat I gave him a last look, "Well, I won't be in your hair. Goodbye Alexander Russo. So sorry to spoil your night!" I slid out of the booth and stormed off, eager to put this day to rest.

"Eli!" He yelled after me but I kept going.

This is the best freaking birthday I've ever freaking had!

"Elijah," Nicholas held my arm, "You won't believe – what's wrong?" His smile dropped.

Tears were swimming in my eyes, "Besides Zeke not being my mate?" I choke.

"I'm sorry, Eli. He's really upset about that too."

'Alexander is my mate.' I linked to him and he stopped walking.

"What?" He splutters, I nodded, the tears started rolling. I couldn't hold them in anymore. Everything started crashing into me.

'I don't even think he wants me.'

'What!?! That's absurd, has he seen you?'

'He was upset.' I sighed, "Nicholas I want to leave. I can't be here. My birthdays ruined."

"That's an even bigger reason why you should drink it away." He nudged me.

I give him the best smile I can muster, "That doesn't sound half bad."

Sitting up straight, I realise I'm in a foreign room, in a foreign shirt, this was not my shirt. First of all, I wasn't even wearing a shirt. I brought it to my nose and smelt it. It smelt like him. I panicked, is this his room? I looked to the other side of the bed once it started to shift and lone and behold Alexander freaking Russo. I screamed and moved away, only to fall flat on my bum.

Can you believe he then had the nerve to laugh, a loud booming deep laugh. How dare he laugh at me, the prick.

"What the hell am I doing here, wearing your shirt?" I get up off the floor.

He doesn't move from his spot, "Would you have liked to sleep in your undergarments or dress?"

"I would have liked to go home."

Saying that I try to even remember how I landed here, how in the world's did my sister leave me and what in the goddess happened after Nicholas convinced me to drink my sorrows away?

"Nobody's holding you back." He got up from his bed, only wearing his boxers and my glory.

I would have loved for him to have looked like a fat slob, you know? Like Thor in Endgame but unfortunately, he didn't he looked like Infinity War Thor – with both eyes of course. Really, with his locks it's more like pre-haircut Ragnarok Thor.

He had a six pack with well-scalped arms and a 'v' line on full display because of his miraculously low-riding boxers. His chiselled jawline was on full display as he swept his unruly black curls back and his chocolate brown eyes twinkled with mischief. His well-trimmed beard boarding up and around his ridiculously pink lips that look as soft as rose petals.

"Am I supposed to walk? It's a long freaking way back." I snapped mainly upset with myself for being caught up in him.

He laughed, "You're still in the club. So, you're still in your territory. You could catch a cab."

"Why did you bring me here? You don't even bloody care –"

In an instant, I was pushed against the wall. The sparks heating me up from his hand on my arm, "I never said I don't care. If I didn't care I would've killed your entire pack. But I didn't. You watch that mouth of yours, Eli. It could get you into trouble."

"Let me go, Alexander." I say flatly, not moved by his outburst.

Bringing his hands to his side he says, "I'll walk you back to your house."

How kind.

"Where's my sister?"

"Home. And don't bother trying to link her, you can't link anybody down here."

I changed back into my dress and started walking to the door. There was nothing in this room but a million lights on the roof, a bed and two doors. I'm guessing the other door leads to the bathroom because the one he opened led us to his office.

"You own the club?" He made a noise in agreement.

Once we exit the office we are greeted by a corridor, past the doors at the end of it is the club which is empty now besides the cleaners who were mopping and cleaning dishes.

"This way." He mutters, walking towards the back door, "Leads to the woods."

I started hopping behind Alexander and whispering 'sorry' to the cleaners. It was a genuine habit to do those little hops when having to pass where cleaners had already mopped.

Once outside we are greeted by woods right in front of us. I instantly feel a bit more at peace and almost as if I hadn't just had the worst birthday in my whole life.

I trailed behind him, "So you're expecting me to just waltz back into my house?"

"I would assume so, you are nineteen now."

I let out a huff, "I don't even know why you didn't just let me go home with my friends."

"So you could be with that pup one last time? No fucking thanks." The venom dripped from each word, each syllable, each letter.

"Why in the worlds does it even matter to you? You clearly stated that I'm not the mate you wanted." I meant to say it much stronger than I actually did.

"I was fine without one." He said smoothly, "Now I have one. Can't let her whore around, whether or not I was better off without her."

"The hell is your problem? You act as if I made you my mate. I'm so bloody sorry I'm not like the other girls in your pack!" I was screaming at his back because I couldn't keep up with his long strides and he wouldn't slow down.

So when he randomly stopped moving, I didn't realise because he had just made me so damn upset so I bumped into his back and the force I had been using to try keep up with him made me ricochet, landing myself on my bum with the forest floor beneath me.

"What the hell?" I looked up at him.

"You're home. See you later, Eli." He walked away without so much as a look back or even an attempt to pick me up.

What did I do to deserve him?

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

32.6K 736 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
3.3K 159 30
~Cover by me~ WARNING: I created this book years ago so it is a bit um cringy I am working on a new version of it called "Midnight Rose" if you'd be...
102K 1.8K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
447K 14.6K 28
11:59 pm "5" "4" "3" They chanted counting down to the moment Ares will meet his mate. "2" "1" Sparks erupted in my heart making me gasp and fall ont...