Living With Turtles (TMNT 201...

By DONNIEYOSHI

[COMPLETED] Abby, Sarah, Kenzie, and Kayla; four ordinary girls, at least everyone thought. They watch Teenag... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Sleepover Rave
Chapter 2: Greetings from the Green Ones
Chapter 3: Dilema
Chapter 4: Following The Leo
Chapter 5: Pranking Purple
Chapter 6: Singing to Donnie (and Everyone Else)
Chapter 7: The Fight
Chapter 8: Anger Issues
Chapter 9: Mutant?!
Chapter 10: Kenzie's Transformations
Chapter 11: Explaining The Bear
Chapter 12: Another Mutant!
Chapter 13: Lazy Day
Chapter 14: Suspicious Set-Up
Chapter 15: Go Karts - Oops, I Mean Patrol Buggies!
Chapter 16: Abby Has Ninja Skills
Chapter 17: The Creeping Doom
Chapter 18: Smart Turtles No More
Chapter 19: DNA Mutagen?!
Chapter 20: Answers
Chapter 21: Getting To Know Smartsticle
Chapter 22: Mutagen Destroyers! (Part 2)
Chapter 23: Halloween Plans
Chapter 24: Spooky Preparations
Chapter 25: Raph-Or-Treat!
Chapter 26: Serums and Solutions
Chapter 27: Out Of the Shredder's Control and Into the Serpent's
A/N: Editing
Chapter 28: Doubtful Discovery
Chapter 29: Rescue Mission (Part 1)
Chapter 30: Rescue Mission (Part 2)
Chapter 31: Mutagemia On The Loose
Chapter 32: The Unstoppable Shredder
Chapter 33: Problems Have Risen
Chapter 34: Ideas
Chapter 35: Kraang Orb Confusion
Chapter 36: Repeat
Chapter 37: Explanations
Chapter 38: A Plan of Action
Chapter 39: I Spy
Notice
Chapter 40: Memory Machine
Chapter 41: A Flicker of Remembrance
Chapter 42: The Troubled Trio
Chapter 43: Undo
Chapter 44: A Final Fight
Chapter 45: Lastly, A Pillow Fight
Author's Note

Chapter 22: Mutagen Destroyers! (Part 1)

130 8 6
By DONNIEYOSHI

A/N: There's gonna be some blood in this chapter. Not anything gory, just small descriptions of Kenzie, Sarah, and Kayla's cuts. Just if anyone's sensitive to that kind of thing 😊
Also, I was thinking about whether I wanted to make Kayla and Sarah mutants, and I thought "but what would Sarah be? I need something original... something fierce but unsuspecting. Like.... A turtle!" And then I facepalmed because how unoriginal is a mutant turtle? DERP
That no joke just happened. Anyway, TO THE CHAPPIEEEE

Abby's POV

I rushed over to my friends, yelling, "Boys! It's ok!" to the turtles.

They came out of their hiding spots hurriedly, and picked up the pace when they saw the state of my friends.

"What happened?" I asked, ushering them into the lab. Sarah gently laid Kayla down on a table.

"We were attacked, at school!" Sarah exclaimed, throwing her hands into the air angrily. Donnie lightly pushed them down to apply bandages to her wounds, making Sarah shoot a glare at him.

"By who?" Leo pressed. Sarah scowled and Donnie continued examining her injuries, especially her leg.

"The Kraang," Kenzie replied before Sarah could. Sarah scoffed.

"You wish! Those things were full on ninjas! Robot ninjas, of course. They were like those Footbots we fought the other day, but they were.... different," Sarah explained, exasperated.

"Shred-head must be improving," Raph growled. Donnie frowned.

"Sarah, your left leg is fractured. And you have a shallow cut on the back of your right shoulder," he informed, wrapping the said injuries. He then moved on to Kenzie.

"Whoa whoa whoa, dudettes," Mikey paused us. "Abby said the Kraang don't have that mutagen dana stuff for you guys, right?"

I stared at him with raised eyebrows. "It's mutagenic DNA, Mikey. Way to have a stroke of genius. And yes, I did say that."

Mikey beamed before continuing, "So Shred-head must've wanted to get your stuff for the stuff!"

Everyone looked at him in confusion. Raph snorted, "You lost me."

"I think I know what he means," Donnie said, still hard at work on Kenzie's injury-search. "He means the Shredder was trying to get your DNA so that he can complete his collection of DNA mutagen, assuming he re-made mine and Abby's."

"So when we break in tonight, the Kraang won't have finished making their DNA mutagens...." I began.

"Meaning we'll have to steal those ones on a separate mission," Kenzie finished. Donnie stood up from her examination.

"Kenzie, you sprained you right ankle, and this cut on your arm is long but not deep. You'll have to keep it wrapped until it heals, otherwise you might open it up again," he announced. He then turned to Kayla, who's breathing was steady but getting more ragged by the minute.

We were all silent, even Mikey, as we watched Donnie work. His hands were almost a blur as he wrapped Kayla in bandages. Her shirt was bloodstained around her belly button, so Donnie reluctantly rolled it up a little, revealing the worst gash out of my three friends. It was't very big, but it was deep.

"Kayla," Mikey whimpered.

Donnie let out a soft gasp at the sight of it. He grabbed some numbing antiseptic and poured it over the cut, making little bubbles.

"I think she's gonna need stitches," Donnie announced with a frown. He looked up at us. "This cut is actually really deep. Not even close to going through completely, but deep enough for stitches. I'll do it after I'm done with her other injuries, though."

He switched back to Doctor mode and started bandaging the wound the best he could.

"So she passed out from blood loss?" I asked. Donnie pursed his lips as he worked.

"Well, I don't think so. Sure, she lost a lot of blood, but the school is only two or three blocks away. That's not enough time for her to have passed out from blood loss," Donnie explained. I nodded, turning to Kenzie and Sarah.

"We found her unconscious when we were trying to escape. I think one of the 'bots hit her against a wall, and she hit her head. I dunno for sure, though," Sarah told me, and I could see the fury in her eyes.

I started rummaging through the box where Donnie got his doctor tools, which I realized was a first aid kit.

Quickly finding what I was looking for (a flashlight), I hurried to Kayla. Donnie was now wrapping her left wrist, which was bent at an odd angle.

I turned on the mini-flashlight and pulled Kayla's eyelid up. Shining the light in her green eyes, I saw her big pupil dilate. That was a good sign that if she had hit her head (Heheh alliteration by accident XD) at least she didn't have a concussion.

I switched to her other eye. When I opened her eyelid, I noticed the playful glow that was always in her eyes was gone.

It's just because she's unconscious, I assured myself. But I wasn't so sure.

A second thing I noticed was that this eye had a smaller pupil than the other one. Nevertheless, I shone the light in it and to my dismay it didn't shrink.

"Donnie, I think she has a concussion," I informed, my brow line creased worriedly.

Donnie's head snapped up from his work of wrapping Kayla's stomach. He gestured for me to finish for him as he double-checked her eyes.

"So?" Sarah asked anxiously. "Does she?"

Donnie answered almost immediately. "Yes. She does."

Sarah's face fell, something I had only seen one other time - when her parents went missing and the police gave up searching.

I put a three-fingered hand on her shoulder. "She'll be fine, Sarah," I assured.

"If you say so," she replied with a half-hearted smile. She leaned over Donnie's shoulder as he worked. I saw an uncomfortable look flash across his face for a split second.

"Let's let Donnie work," I suggested, ushering everyone out. He glanced up at me in surprise.

"Thanks," he smiled, showing off his gap tooth.

"No problem," I replied, sitting at one of his desks to continue working on my break-into-TCRI-and-steal-mutagen plan.

"How far have you gotten in that plan?" Donnie inquired, not even looking up from his work. He had moved onto Kayla's head, and was swiftly dropping meltable pain relief pills into her mouth. He then proceeded to apply an ice pack to her forehead.

"I just need to plan the escape," I answered. "Wanna hear it so far?"

"Sure."

I cleared my throat. "I'll have to change this part, but we split up into two teams. You, Mikey, Leo, and Kenzie on one team, and then me, Raph, Kayla, and Sarah on the other. Your team will be the one that actually does the stealing.

"Leo is the leader, so you'll need him, Mikey is the fastest because he's the smallest and can grab the canisters quickly, Kenzie is great at keeping watch, and you're one of the two brainiacs here. So you can scope out a quick escape route if the plan goes wrong, and plus, who better to hack the locks than the great hacker himself?

"My team is the distraction. Sarah and Raph are great for brute force, and when it comes to loudly smashing bad guys, they're perfect for the job. Kayla was supposed to be part of the distraction, because she's loud and obnoxious and great for grabbing attention. And I'm the one who will get us to the distraction point in the first place - one of the middle floors of TCRI. Rooftop-accessible doors don't unlock themselves!" I finished my explanation of the teams.

"Nice," Donnie commented, signaling for me to go on.

"That's pretty much it, since I don't have an esape plan yet. Get in, get the mutagen, get out. And maybe destroy their extra DNA samples when you're at it," I added with a smirk. Donnie sarcastically applauded.

"That was just amazingly awesome!" he exclaimed teasingly. I grinned.

"Why thank you!" I laughed, earning a chuckle from Donnie. He turned back to Kayla with a small smile as he began unwrapping her stomach wound so he could stitch it.

I scribbled notes down onto my blueprint, finally coming up with a good idea for an escape. I heard Donnie clear his throat, and when I looked up, his face held a look of embarrassment.

"You, uh, might not wanna be in here when I, ya know..." he said quickly. I smiled at his awkwardness and stood up.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll leave," I giggled. I walked into the family room, excited and nervous about tonight's expedition.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Third Person POV

"Alright, team, wait for the signal," Leo whispered authoritatively. He, Kenzie, Donnie, and Mikey stood outside the entrance of the top floor of TCRI. Grappling hooks hung at their sides, already used to get up to their current position from the rooftops below.

Abby had explained the plan once Donnie finished Kayla's stitches. It was almost identical to her explanation to Donnie, except more detailed. Now, everyone was at TCRI.

Abby, Raph, and Sarah were on the bottom floor, creeping along through the shadows towards the stairs. They stealthily climbed up the staircase, reaching the fifth floor. At this point, they deserted all silent tactics and burst through the door with battle cries.

The 5 human-disguised Kraang in the hallway turned their robotic heads to the stairway door, immediately standing and running to fight the intruders.

"Kraang, it is the turtles known as Abigail Simmons and Raphael, and the human test subject known as Sarah Bedinsky," one of the droids said to it's comrade. Sarah gasped at the mention of her last name. Abby winced at the use of her "last name."

"Affirmative, Kraang," the second 'bot replied.

All of the droids attacked except one. The trio quickly defeated the attackers, but the stray droid activated an alarm signaling for more droids to come to floor 5.

"We have to stay and keep them on us!" Abby yelled over the loud beeping. Raph scanned the floor and spotted an elevator. He motioned to it, Abby and Sarah understanding immediately.

They all ran to the elevator, but didn't get in. Above the doors, it said the elevator was on floor 17. The trio didn't make any move to enter.

Kraang swarmed them, surrounding them. Sarah sliced at them with the blade Leo had given her, seeming to not be affected by her injured leg at all, though it was obvious she was favoring her good leg. Raph stabbed the 'bots with his sais, and Abby went full ninja-mode with her own spare sword from Leo.

Once the majority of the droids were on the ground in piles of metal, Raph's hand shot at the elevator button. It slowly descended to their level as the three fought of the remaining Kraang.

A ding! sounded from the elevator. Raph and Sarah hurried in, and had to pull Abby in with them.

"Abby!" Sarah shouted, snapping her friend into reality.

"Oh. Whoops," Abby nervously laughed. "I really need to start learning to control that."

Up on the roof, the sound of a Kraang-y alarm reached the ears of Kenzie, Leo, Mikey, and Donnie. Kenzie leaned on her uninjured ankle, and didn't move her right arm much. Donnie shot a concerned look at her; he had been reluctant to let her and Sarah come in the first place due to their injuries.

"That's our signal," Leo announced. Donnie set to work opening the roof hatch. Kenzie rode on Leo's shell as he jumped down, and they were soon followed by Donnie.

They landed in an open room with a big, multicolored vat of mutagen. Donnie's mouth formed an "o" while Leo tensed. Kraang droids were stationed at the entrances, but they were easily taken down by a flick of a few ninja stars.

The sound of robotic footsteps hurrying downstairs relaxed the group a little, but not enough to lower their guard.

"Oh no. There's so much," Kenzie stated, her voice almost inaudible. Donnie studied the mutagen, noticing there were only three different colors in it.

The colors of his brother's masks.

"They haven't made a new batch of mine or Abby's," Donnie murmured. "And they didn't finish the rest of the girls', like we thought."

Leo pursed his lips. "I was afraid of this."

"You were?" Kenzie asked. Leo nodded grimly.

"Yes. So I brought these."

Leo pulled what looked like smoke bombs out of his belt, but they had a redish tint. Donnie gasped, recognizing his work-in-progress explosive smoke bombs immediately.

"Leo, those aren't tested yet. I haven't worked on them in a while. We can't be sure they'll work," Donnie warned.

"What are they?" Mikey piped up. Donnie shot an untrusting look at him.

"They don't work, Mikey. They're supposed to..... mutate people!" Kenzie answered, knowing it was false but also not knowing what was really in the smoke bomb-shaped eggs.

Leo ignored Donnie's warnings and leapt up to drop the bombs in.

"Leo-"

"Donnie, we can't do nothing," Leo stated firmly. Donnie raised his hands to show his defeat and let Leo do what he wanted.

Leo got ready to fling the eggs into the vat when the elevator dinged.

"C'mon!" Abby's voice came from down the Kraangily-lit hallway. She rounded the corner with Raph and Sarah.

Leo glanced their way fleetingly, and readied his arm again when a clank, clank, clank, sounded from where Abby, Raph, and Sarah had just come. His arm dropped again as he stared at the approaching droids in horror.

"Oh no!" Sarah groaned, running as fast as she could with her fracture.

The Kraang droids started shooting their guns as soon as they caught sight of the groups. Abby seemed to be fighting her inner ninja, her eyes flickering all white for a second.

She climbed up to where Leo was, taking her time so she wouldn't fall.

"Throw already!" she shrieked as the Kraang drew closer.

Leo nodded, snapping out of her gaze. Abby jumped back down just in time to slice a Kraang before it fired at Mikey.

"Thanks, dudette!" he called out gratefully. She grinned before turning and helping Sarah, who was being targeted.

"Kraang, Kraang needs what is known as DNA from the one known as Sarah," one droid stated monotonously. Another held a syringe as it began to close in on Sarah.

Abby sprinted across the room to the syringe-holding one and kicked it, letting out a short yelp of surprise when her foot met the metal, but she successfully knocked the syringe out of the droids clutches. Abby hunched over to catch her breath.

Kenzie fought next to Donnie, kicking and cutting in sync with him. They took down all the droids that came at them, doing well. Raph covered Leo as he threw the explosives in the mutagen.

Everyone was doing well. Leo was about to call out, "Alright, team! Retreat!" but his voice caught in his throat.

Abby was pushed up into a corner, fighting the Kraang and her mindless ninja side simultaneously. A droid shot the sword out of her hands, and all the surrounding Kraang pointed their guns at her.

Leo gasped, knowing no one would get there in time. The three Kraang in the front fired. Abby let out an ear-piercing shriek of pain before collapsing to the floor.

A/N: OOOOOoooOoOoOoOh
CLIFFHANGER!
This chapter is really long XD
I wanted to tell you guys that I'm going back and editing Chapters 1-3 at least, and maybe 4 and/or 5. Just so you guys know.
~DONNIEYOSHI

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 1.1K 38
(( book 2)) An enemy though to be dead raises up from the ruins of the old league. Yet again ninjago is in danger. It's been two years since the lea...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
150K 2.7K 45
This is a book mainly about our beloved batboys and sometimes others members of the batfam hope you enjoy reading it ❀️.
626K 38.2K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...