The Bodyguard

By NalaniRose

After the unexpected death of her uncle, 21-year-old, Ivy Burgos' father assigns her a bodyguard. She is spoi... More

Chapter o1
Chapter o2
Chapter o3
Chapter o4
Chapter o5
Chapter o6
Chapter o7
Chapter o8
Chapter o9
Chapter 1o
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15 ... seriously
Author's Note!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 2o
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Authors Note
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
The Sequel
Authors Note

Chapter 26

76.2K 3K 1.5K
By NalaniRose

Since I gave you all such a crappy update last night, I wanted to give you another update today.

Happy reading! 

Chapter 26

Kellen

"Ivy slow down ma!" I called after her as I watched her frame take off running toward the front of the boat.

I pulled up the sides of my pants and I gained more momentum running after her.

"Behbey whatchu runnin' fa? Slow ya ass down." By now she had made it onto the dock and was running full speed toward the car. I hopped off the boat and chased after her. Finally catching up to her li' fast ass I wrapped my arms around her and lifted her up slightly off the ground.

Her eyes were bloodshot red and tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"Talk to me, what's wrong?" I asked carrying her the rest of the way to the car.

Her breathing began to increase once I placed her on her feet. I could tell she was about to hypervenhilate if I didn't calm her down. I grabbed her shoulders and ran my hands up and down her arms.

"Behbey calm down and talk to me." I pleaded.

"It's-it's—Caya. C-C-Cj said she won't wake up!" she cried.

My mouth fell slightly ajar and I wasted no time opening Ivy's car door, allowing her to climb inside the truck. I raced around to the driver's side and hopped in, immediately starting the car.

As I pulled out from the parking lot, I could see fear wash over Ivy's face. I reached out and soothingly caressed the top of her hand with my thumb.

"She's gonna be okay mama. Don't even go thinkin' of tha worst."

I pulled out my phone and scrolled down to Mama B's number. After pressing call, I placed the phone up to my ear and patiently waited for her to answer.

"Hello?" her soft voice came through the phone.

"Ma, what's going on? What's up with Caya?" I rushed out all at once.

I heard her sigh on the other end. "She passed out. Cj found her lying face down in her own vomit. It scared my poor baby half to death. We're at the hospital now. She's getting her stomach pumped now."

I let out a sigh of my own and slammed my hand down into the steering wheel.

"We're on the way now." I said before hanging up. I bust a quick U-turn and headed in the direction of the hospital. Not a word was said between Ivy and I until we reached our destination. I hurriedly got out of the car and made my way over to the passengers' side. After letting Ivy out, our hands quickly found each other's and we walked inside the building.

Mama B and Cj were seated in the corner of the waiting room. Cj was in her lap with his head resting against her shoulder. You could tell Caya was taking a toll on the both of them.

"Mama," Ivy peeped out as we got closer. Mama B looked up and ushered us to sit down next to her. We both sat down on either side.

"I just don't understand mama," Ivy cried. Mama B reached out and placed a loving hand on her shoulder.

"People cope with pain differently dear, but hopefully this will be a wake up call for her. Cj needs his mother."

I nodded in agreement. I really hoped that Caya would get her sh*t together this time, because not only was she affecting herself, but Cj as well. No child should ever have to see their mother passed out on the floor drunk. That image alone would probably scar him for the rest of his life.

We all sat alone in silence for a few more minutes until the Doctor walked up.

"Family of Caya Santiago?" Mama Bee nodded and stood up from her seat, placing Cj on her hip.

"That's us," she responded while extending her hand. The doctor placed his hand in hers and got right down to business.

"As I'm sure you all know Ms. Santiago suffered from alcohol poisoning. Luckily, we were able to pump her stomach and clean her out. We're giving her fluid through an IV right now, and we'll probably need to keep her here for a few days. She can have vistors right now, so you all can go on back. She's in room 213."

Mama B thanked him and he walked off leaving us all to prepare ourselves to see Caya. We all began walking down the hall toward the room until Ivy abruptly stopped walking.

"Uh, do you guys mind if I have a few minutes alone with her?" she asked sheepishly. I shrugged and looked over at Mama Bee. She nodded her head, and stepped aside allowing Ivy to go in first.

Ivy

I stepped inside Caya's room and took a deep breath. She was hooked up to an IV and staring blankly at the television screen in front of her. I stood near the door for a few moments before walking toward the edge of the bed.

"How could you do this?" Was all I managed to get out. I didn't intend on attacking her so early on in the conversation but I couldn't help myself. Her actions had been so foolish lately.

She slightly shifted her body away from me and looked over toward the window. "I don't need one of your high and mighty speeches right now Ivy."

"I'm not trying to give you a high and mighty speech Caya, I'm trying to understand how you could do something so stupid knowing that you have a child. Have you even thought about Cj lately Cay? He needs you. Do you know how scary it must've been for him to see you lying face down in your own throw up?" I shouted.

Tears gathered in the brim of my eyes and I could hear Caya's light sniffles.

"I know Ivanna! Don't you think I know how irresponsible I've been lately? Don't you think I know I'm hurting my child? I don't want to me this way but I don't know how else to cope. You weren't there when I needed you to be a friend. I had no one else to turn to except the bottle. I don't have a loving boyfiend like you do. I don't have a mother that cares for me like you do. All I've ever had was Daddy and Smoke, and now their both gone and I'm just here trying to pick up the pieces of myself." She cried.

I'd never thought about things from Caya's perspective, and I'd never thought she was so envious of my life. In my opinion, there was nothing to be envious about. But I guess I never really did realize how well I had it.

"I didn't know you felt that way Cay," I whispered taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

"Of course you didn't Ivy because everything is always about you. You rarely stop to think about anyone other than yourself...and now Kellen. I need a friend Ivy, I don't need someone that's going to kick me when I'm down. I feel so lost, alone, and afraid and you haen't even once stopped to consider how I feel." She further explained. By now both of us were full on crying.

"I'm sorry Caya. I swear I am. I shouldn't have been so hard on you, I should've been trying to help you. I was so caught up in my own drama and problems, I didn't even think about the fact that you have it worse than me. I don't want you thinking that you're in this alone. You have me, Kellen, Mama, and you have Cj. That little boy loves you to death, you know that."

Caya nodded and wiped a few tears away from her eyes. I took this opportunity to reach out and hug her tightly.

"I love you girl. We been down since diapers." I lightly laughed.

"Yeah, I know. I love you too Ivy, just don't give up on me."

"I won't. Would you consider taking classes? You know..to help with the drinking?" She immediately nodded.

"Yeah, I will. This whole experience was scary. I really thought I was gone Ivy. It was crazy. I could see myself on the ground passed out. I could see the scared look on Cj's face. And you know who else I saw?" she paused for a moment. "My father. I saw him and Uncle G. You wouldn't believe those two were enjoying each other, laughing it up like old times. It was such a beautiful sight to see Ivy."

A felt myself getting emotional at the mention of my father. I blinked a few times to hold back the tears but it was useless. Something deep down in me was a little jealous that Caya got to steal once last glance at him. I prayed countless nights for him to come visit me in my dreams and nothing ever happened.

"Did he say anything?" I wondered aloud.

Caya lightly snickered. "Of course he did. They both told me to get back down here and straighten up. They said it wasn't my time yet." She mumbled.

I slowly nodded, trying to process everything she'd just told me. She had a conversation with both of our fathers. I wanted to be happy knowing that they were okay, but I just couldn't shake the feeling of being jealous.

I stood up abruptly and gave Caya a kiss on the cheek. "I'm glad you're willing to change Cay. I'm sure everyone else wants to come in and see you too." I moved toward the door and motioned for everyone to come inside.

As they all piled into the room, I quietly slid out. I just needed a moment to clear my head. Not knowing exactly where I was headed, I just began walking. Before I knew it I'd ended up in the maternity wing of the hospital. I just aimlessly wondered around trying not to think about what Caya told me earlier, when I caught a glimpse of Nami coming down the hallway.

I hadn't seen her since the whole fiasco with her lying on me about Smoke. Just the sight of her instantly got my blood boiling, but I refused to step out of character in a hospital. My eyes roamed her entire body and a smirked to myself thinking that she'd gained a little weight since the last time I'd seen her.

As she came closer, I plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Ivy! What a surprise seeing you here! How've you been girl?" she spoke in the most annoying, fake, high-pitched voice.

I gave her a tight lipped smile and mumbled a response. "Yes, it is. I'm great actually thanks for asking."

"That's good. You know I'm just here for a little check up I was feeling a little pain earlier today." She said looking down at her stomach where her hand was rubbing small circles against it. It was then I noticed her pertruding belly. My eyes grew twice their size as I realized she was pregnant. I shouldn't even be shocked considering how Nami was.

"You're pregnant?" I asked, trying to keep my amusement at bay.

"Yes girl, you didn't know?" she laughed. "I thought Kellen would've told you by now, that boy is so forgetful." She began digging inside her oversized knock-off purse. "He even forgot to come to the last appointment, but he's usually so good about making them. Here's the ultrasound from my 15-week check up." She handed me the folded-up piece of paper.

"Well I've got to get going, my Babyboy is hungry. It was good seeing you though girl." She said ebfore walking off.

I stared blankly at her waddling down the hall until she disappeared. I glanced back down at the paper she'd given me and reluctantly opened it. Staring back at me was a 15-week ultrasound of 'Baby Sanders'. I couldn't believe what the f*ck I was seeing. Was this really Kellen's baby? I knew Nami was a tricky b*tch , but Kellen had been acting pretty suspicious lately. Instead of jumping to conclusions, I would get to the bottom of this bullshit myself.

Turning on my heels, I began walking back toward Caya's room. Without knocking, I thrust the door open and walked right up to Kellen. I handed him the picture without saying a word. I studied his face, just waiting for his reaction.

His eyes scanned over the ultrasound, and slowly grew wide.

"Behbey-," he started. I held my hand up cutting him off.

"Do not lie to me Kellen."

He ran a hand down his face, and looked up at me with pleading eyes.

"Where'd you get this?" he asked.

"From Nami."

He let out a deep sigh and stood up. "Behbey, I promise it's not what it seems like."

I folded my arms across my chest. "How the f*ck is it not how it seems Kellen? I saw her pregnant ass with my own two eyes. How could you do this to me? After all I've been through...after all we've been through you're just gonna throw it away over this thirsty b*tch?"

"I don't even know if it's mine!" he shouted.

"She's 15 weeks Kellen, I'm not stupid. I can't believe you've lied to me all this time. You knew all this time and didn't even breathe a word of it to me. Do you know how stupid I felt listening to this b*tch tell me about how my man...my man got her pregnant and then missed her 15-week check up for the first time?" I screamed with tears screaming down my eyes.

Kellen walked toward me and reached his arms out to grab me. I quickly moved out of his grasp.

"No! Do NOT touch me Kellen!"

"Behbey, please just hear me out."

I shook my head fiercely. "No, I don't want to hear it, Kellen. I do not want to hear your bullsh*t ass excuse. Fuck you!"

I yelled before walking out of the room, and completely out of his life.

*

*

*

Don't hate me y'all! I swear this part wasn't even supposed to go like this, but as I began writing...this happened! Lol. Give me your thoughts though!

Caya finally realizing she needs to change?

Ivy & Caya's heart to heart?

Was Ivy right in getting jealous about Caya seeing her father?

Nami? 

Was Nami wrong for giving Ivy that ultrasound?

Was Ivy wrong for not hearing Kellen out?

Is this the last of KIVY?

Who tf is Caya's babydaddy?

I know that's a lot of questions lol, but I love to hear y'alls feedback. 

LIKE, COMMENT, VOTE, ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY!

love you all,

Nalani Rose. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 9.7K 67
How did we get like this, I thought I gave him my all and it all came crashing down on me. I lost everything and I can't do anything about it, I'm al...
16.2K 605 12
This Is The Sequel To No Love Jordyn And August Are Back With Even More Drama Than Before And You Have To Read To Find Out So Start Reading! An...
605K 21.8K 36
August Alsina fan fiction!!! Meet Eden, a young ,humble woman in her early 20's who does nothing but work. Working at a local boutique, Eden tries...
2M 70.7K 22
[Caution-Mature Audience] The ORIGINAL "The Babysitter" story Re-Publishing this story as I edit each chapter. Please bare with me readers. One of...