fade ➹ (Stiles Stilinski)

By canonstydia

----Season 1 of Teen Wolf---- (Do not need to watch the series to understand) Melanie, Stiles, and Sco... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue
SEASON TWO
IVE GOT NEWS (reconcile)

Chapter 26

11.3K 317 292
By canonstydia

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.

DON'T BE A SILENT READER, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.
______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

"You have forty-five minutes to complete this exam. Twenty-five percent of your grade could be earned right now by simply writing your name on the front of the blue book." Said Mr. Harris hastily, smacking down the light blue booklet down on his wooden podium.

Stiles and I, in sync, began to scribble our names noticeably on the front of the booklet. I was considering leaving it blank, just to piss Mr. Harris off. But I decided against it. I really needed that twenty-five percent.

"However, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover, and I will be considering, yet again, my decision to become a teacher."

I just simply rolled my eyes. We get this beautifully worded lecture every time an exam is in session. I've basically got the entire thing memorized. And it's not really something I'm proud of. But, on the bright side, if he ever made us recite it to the class, I'd ace it.

I turned my attention towards Stiles, who was propping his elbow against his desk and his head in his palm. He shifted his gaze over to me as well, giving me a dramatic wink. I just causally chuckled, rolling my eyes along with the tap of my fingers.

I felt bad for Scott, in whom was placed behind Stiles. A grim look contorted his face as pure sadness swam around his dark eyes. It absolutely sucked that Allison broke things off between them. Because, I knew he was crazy about her, and quite frankly, I knew she was crazy about him. I was hopeful for the couple. And I did honestly believe they would get back together in the end.

"So ,let's get the disappointment over with, begin."

I flipped open the thick booklet, clearly regretting it once I had looked at the first few questions. The answers obviously beyond my comprehension. This was going to be one long mid-term.

I began bubbling in random answers, thanking God for multiple choice when Scott suddenly sprung up from his desk, his booklet flying towards the floor as he darted out the classroom. Stiles and I giving one another a puzzled look as I glanced at the clock. It hadn't even been five minutes?

"Mr. McCall!" Yelled Harris, emerging from his chair and slamming a firm hand on his wooden desk.

Stiles waisted no time before jumping up from his previous place, soaring out the classroom as well as ignoring the constant calls of Mr. Harris.

I went to mock his actions, beginning to stand up as our annoying teacher glanced my way, raising a threatening eyebrow.

"Mrs. Mitchell, if you decide to leave this classroom, I will not hesitate to fail you."

I swallowed noticeably, contemplating wether or not it was absolutely worth failing my entire midterm. Harris made no move to take his eyes off me, the endless glare him and I were sharing seemed as if it would never end.

The students around me looked extremely confused, wondering what was so important that I was actually thinking about departing the classroom.

"Sit down Melanie." Harris commanded, watching carefully as I slowly sunk back into my uncomfortable seat.

Stiles had this covered, right?

•~•~•

I was currently placed outside, alongside the bleachers, Lydia planted directly in front of me, waving around numerous shades of lipstick in front of my oddly contorted face.

"Okay, listen here, Mel. Purple, it's not your color." She confirmed, watching me carefully as I glanced off to the side, my short attention span getting the best of me.

I watched as Stiles stood on the lacrosse field, Scott standing next to him silently as he watched his best friend point to me numerous times, quite obviously I may add. I rose a curious eyebrow, about to stroll over towards them when Lydia regained my undivided attention.

"Excuse me? Melanie? Are you still with me?" She hissed, stomping her foot against the grassy floor. I decided against leaving her, for she would most likely get angry and avoid any conversation for about four to five days.

"Oh, uh–yeah. Purple's not my color, got it."

"Correct." She smiled pleasantly, magically producing a deep red lipstick from the very bottom of her burgundy purse. "Which is why you should convert to this one. It'll look absolutely fantastic on you."

"What's it called?" I questioned, gladly excepting the free lipstick as I applied it to my nude lips.

"Ruby Roo." She chuckled to herself at the odd name, shrugging slightly, "I just simply can't pull that off. I like to stick to the lighter ones. My favorites called Impassioned."

I laughed at the name, opening my mouth to comment, but was quickly cut off by the distinct tapping of my left shoulder. I spun around, meeting Scott's gaze as he cleared his throat hesitantly.

"Hey-uh, Melanie. Can we talk for a second?"

I gave him a small smile, instantly thinking this would be a conversation about the whole leaving class early incident.

I gave him a definite nod, waving Lydia off as his firm hand clamped around my small wrist. I rose a questioning eyebrow, watching curiously as he led me hastily into Coach's office.

Once he had shut the door, and quite firmly I may add, I cocked an eye brow in suspicion. He looked a bit off. And I was pretty sure the full moon had something to do with it.

But I had decided to just listen to what the teen wolf had to say. It may be important. And I wasn't going to do anything that would cost me being out the loop of things. Even this odd situation, that was becoming more uncomfortable by the second.

"Do you know if Allison still likes me?" Scott questioned, breaking the slight tension between us.

I sighed in relief, chuckling slightly at his strangely normal sentence. I mean, of course the brunette still likes him. But, I just don't think she wants to jump back into the relationship quite yet. They had just broken up a few nights ago, and I believe he needs to give her some time to think about things before they start up everything again.

"Of course." I smiled slightly, watching as a small grin lightened his features, "I mean, she always will. But for right now, I think she wants to just keep it as friends. Just give her some time, Scott."

A moment of silence came over us, me fumbling with my fingers as Scott's gaze fell to the floor. But, it wasn't that much longer until he spoke again, his voice circulating throughout the small room. "Just friends?"

I nodded, pursing my lips, "Look, I do think she made a mistake. You saved us at the school back there. You didn't do anything wrong, so maybe she just needs some time?"

His head slowly turned upward, a readless expression plastered about his face as the corners of his mouth rose into a smirk. He bit the bottom of his lip, only the sound of his careful steps inching towards me were heard.

"Are you grateful?" He questioned, not making any move to stop the continuous footsteps.

I chuckled nervously, taking a few cautious steps backward, "I—I mean yeah, I'm grateful. You saved us–"

Without warning, nor hesitation, Scott slammed his mouth onto mine. The foreign lips moving roughly against mine as I scarcely froze in place.

I remember what I had thought back in the locker room, a thought that I never really intended to go back to. That specific thing being that I never wanted to be this close to my best friend again. Yes, this definitely qualifies as one of those, you're way too close moments.

After I had fully gotten ahold of myself, and I was no longer in a shocked daze. I yanked away from Scott's grip, shooting him a disgusted look as I brought my palm to his cheek.

"What are you doing? You like Allison!" I screamed, hesitantly backing away from him.

His face was emotionless as I pried open the door to coaches office. Quickly departing as I made my way back towards the lacrosse field.

I glided a shaky hand across my mouth, continuously telling myself that it was just the full moon. And that wasn't actually Scott back there.

I sped past Stiles, who had a hopeful grin contorting his face. I gave a weak one in return, not being able to utter a coherent word as I went to join Lydia on the uncomfortable bleachers

Today was not going as planned.

•~•~•

It had been a little while later, and I guess you could say I had cooled down a bit.

But, my relaxation didn't really last long. For a few seconds later, Danny was rammed to the muddy ground. And I bet you can guess who was responsible. The one and only teen wolf, Scott McCall.

I sprung up from my seat, for Danny's collision didn't exactly look minor. And he wasn't making any move to rise from the ground. So me, along with Lydia and the entire lacrosse team, scurried to where Danny was located.

As I approached the fallen boy, I asked a simple question, "Is he okay?"

"Yeah, just a bloody..." Jackson went to answer, but his sentence quickly trailed off. For his eyes landed onto my face, a confused expression contorting his features, "...nose."

I rose an eyebrow, my hands instantly retracting towards my cheeks, "What?"

"Your lipstick."

My face fell as I quickly glided my palm against my mouth. The familiar Ruby Roo color decorating my skin. I sighed shakily out of embarrassment, watching as everyone's gaze met mine.

"Oh-uh, wonder how that happened."

Jackson narrowed his eyes at me, a smirk tugging at corner of his lips. "Yeah, I wonder."

My eyes soon landed on Stiles. His mouth hung agape while his eyes mimicked saucers.

Great. This day is turning out beautifully.
_____________________
Update?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 8.3K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
775K 17.9K 75
•Book 1• "You know what? You're right! I'm not gonna sit here and sob over a stupid boy! In fact, I'm gonna do the complete opposite! I'm gonna dance...
9.3K 198 5
" our love is ethereal " (AVENGERS: ENDGAME) (BOOK 4) (PETER PARKER X OC)
770K 28.6K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...