Memory Loss

By kati-bella

Bella woke up in a hospital room with no recollection of her past. Then one day when she's walking down a hos... More

Memory Loss Chapter 1
Memory Loss Chaper 2
Memory Loss Chapter 3
Memory Loss Chapter 5
Memory Loss Chapter 6
Memory Loss Chapter 7
Memory Loss Chapter 8
Memory Loss Chapter 9
Memory Loss Chapter 10
Memory Loss Chapter 11
Memory Loss Chapter 12
Memory Loss Chapter 13
Memory Loss Chapter 14
Memory Loss Chapter 15
Memory Loss Chapter 16
Memory Loss Chapter 17
Memory Loss Chapter 18
Memory Loss Chapter 19
Memory Loss Chapter 20
Memory Loss Chapter 21
Memory Loss Chapter 22
Memory Loss Chapter 23
Memory Loss Chapter 24
Memory Loss Chapter 25
Memory Loss Chapter 26
Memory Loss Chapter 27

Memory Loss Chaper 4

1K 26 16
By kati-bella

Chapter 4

After my interesting and a little boring talk with that creepy guy named Jim, I asked to have some food and to remove this IV from my hand as it was a little annoying for getting around. Goodness knows when that last time I physically ate something with my own mouth vs through an IV drip. I'm left still with a endless supply of questions storming through my head, rather than sit here and wait on someone to bring me some food I decided to take a walk down the hall. Also, a little part of me was hoping by the off chance that Damen was still here that I may bump into him again. Then I saw him from the corner of my eye. Damen, looking even more handsome since I saw him last. Okay, here is my chance to have a better start off with the hot guy you just met in the hospital, had a rocky start to say the least. I start walking down the hall towards him.

"Hey Damen," I said with a casual smile, "how are you?" I sound so stiff and lost, I don't know how to hold a regular conversation with anyone. This is so awkward.

"Bella, right? And not bad. Did you figure out why you're in the hospital?" He asked with a smug like grin across his face. "I'd say it's funny running into you here, but you already had that covered when we first met." He was making a joke about the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me. Is he trying to flirt with me? No, I'm some strange girl who literally crashed into him and has no memory of who she is or why I'm here.

I smirk and play along with his demeaner that he is putting out. "Well yes and no. Not fully, but I'm working on it. Wait- why are you in the hospital?" Yes! I remembered to ask before I got taken away by someone that worked here. "That is if you don't mind me asking." I throw back exactly what he said to me earlier. I think I'm getting a hang of this coy banter thing.

"I come and visit here sometimes, don't ask why but this place feels kind of like home to me." He said not looking at me in the eye. I think he's worried that I will judge him. But why should he care what a total stranger thinks of him, especially one that doesn't even know her own past?

"Oh, that's cool. I kind of wish that I could get out of here." Dang-it! I so regret saying that. Someone is opening-up to you and shares something they think is weird and you go and crash the conversation into what you want... maybe I need a little more work than I thought with conversating. Damen doesn't even bat an eye to what I said, thank God, and continues the conversation like normal. "Why don't you get your parents to get you out of here then? Even if just for a bit. You look fine enough to leave to me. And it doesn't look like you have any major injuries, and I see your IV has been removed..." He looked kind of sad when he said when talking about me leaving, but maybe that's just my imagination.

Now, should I tell him how I have absolutely no memory of my past? No let's try and seem normal for a little while longer. I steer the conversation back towards him, as I know very little about Damen. He could also be of help to me with information on the hospital perhaps since he says he comes here regularly. "Damen, you seem pretty nice, would you show my around the place? I'd love to know more about where I am. I would be vary appreciated of that." Once its out of my mouth I realize just how formal that sounded. He blinks a couple times and agrees to show me around. "Why not I have nothing better to do." His smile was genuine and so far, he seemed like a decent person.

First, we headed back to my room so I could get out of the hospital gown. He led me to a cupboard, and I found a pair of clothes in a box that said, 'personal belongings'. And since I was the only one in the room, I think it was safe to assume that they belonged to me. When I opened the box all that was there where a pair of jeans, a light purple shirt, socks that where fuzzy and a pair of sneakers. Was a little disappointed there wasn't anything in there that could possibly help with the memory loss, but that would just be too easy. I tell Damen to have a seat on the bed while I went into the washroom to change.

Once I was dressed, I came out from the washroom, and Damen looked me over. A hospital gown does no one justice. Although it was comfortable, these just felt right. he led me out of the room and then down the hall towards an elevator. When we got into it and the door closed it took me slightly by surprise, I did a little jump. Damen gave me a sideways look and he pressed a button on the wall and the elevator started to move. I held on to wall the entire wat down trying to not alert Damen to my being nervous. Turns out I was on the 6th floor of the hospital.

Once we got out of the elevator Damen started to giggle and said "you're afraid of elevators? Why didn't you just say, we could have taken the stairs." He tried to hold back his laughter but failed miserably.

"Well Damen, I never knew that I hated them. It was unexpected for me to go in and it all of a sudden start going down." Uh-oh I think I just blew my chance of him not knowing about me not having any memory. He brushes off my remark like it was nothing. I'm beginning to like this guy more and more. He's the first person I've met who hasn't questioned me about my past or what I can remember. It's nice, I like being with him, I feel normal when I'm around him and not someone who doesn't even know their last name or where they grew up.

We walked towards a exit door and my heart started beating faster. I was finally getting to go outside and feel the breeze that was rustling the leaves on the tree for myself. He first took me to a beautiful garden. There were so many flowers I didn't know where to start! There were tall red ones, small white ones and some that had spikes on their stems. This was the most beautiful thing I have seen.

My voice came out different than before, must be from the excitement. It made Damen smile. "What's this one called?" I went to pick up one of the tall red ones. It pricked me and I started to bleed "OW!" The little spike from the stem plunged into my thumb when I went to grab it.

"Careful now, roses have thorns have you never touched a rose? Woman always ask for them on Valentine's Day." He said with a puzzled look on his face. I think it's getting to the point where my memory gap is starting to show more and more. A little worried with how he will react I ask what must have been the dumbest question he has ever heard from the shocked expression on his face.

"What's Valentine's Day?" I think it rings a bell but I'm not too sure. The same when little man... I mean Jim asked what my favourite holiday was. I answered with Thanksgiving, but I didn't fully grasp what that was. The look on Damen's face showed that he thought I was either joking or plane insane, or both. But the look on my face I think showed him just how serious I was. I think we have finally reached the point where the only person I know who isn't a doctor gets let in on the I have no memory club. I hope he doesn't freak out or run off. Before I could start my explanation to him he has a worried expression on his face and asks, "I'm sorry to ask this and sorry if it sounds rude. But are you okay? Are you sick?" He looked concerned when he said that. Could it possibly mean that he cared for my well-being? No that couldn't be, he doesn't even know me. It was more likely the worry of him getting in serious trouble from taking a hospital patient out not just from her room, but the hospital. Let alone a girl he has no idea has no memory.

I'm hoping my gut is right about this guy..."Damen I should tell you something, so you won't think I'm bonkers." I go towards and take a seat down on a bench not too far away from where we were standing and patted the seat beside me to motion for him to sit with me. He slowly moved towards me and took a slightly hesitant seat next to me. I started out by telling him why I was in the hospital and how I have no recollection of my past. Then I told him the only few parts that I do remember, about how I remember standing in a meadow or a forest of sorts and that there were some weird carvings on one of the trees. I even told him how when I first saw him, he looked somewhat familiar to me. Finally telling someone everything was nice, but also terrifying. And that's when it started to get a little weird.

"Really? You have no memory whatsoever?" He asked astonished but taking in all the information I just offloaded onto him well. I let out a small breath of relief, not realizing I was holding my breath this whole time. "Nope nothing, that's why I don't get how I think I know you. Maybe you're helping to trigger a memory" I was very excited at the sound of that and hoped that it could be true. And this is where the weird began.

"Bella, thank you for trusting me with all of that. I know we just met and everything and this may sound a little crazy, but you look familiar to me to. Like I've met you before or seen you before, I don't know what it is but you're just there in my mind trying to tell me how I know you, but nothing clicks." He said looking down at his hands and looking back up at me. What is happening? Is this guy messing with me? Trusting someone you just met with your sort of whole life story is terrifying, and I'm nervous now.

"Damen, what little I know about me and who I am is a big deal to me. And I don't appreciate being made fun of." It was sad how one day you know your whole life then who knows how long later you wonder who you are and where you came from. Damen looked pained when I said that to him. He was not making fun of me, he was being serious... and I have no idea which is worse.

vote - comment - share to the word! <3 :) your comments make my day people :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 410 26
𝙖𝙑𝙑 π™œπ™€π™€π™™ π™©π™π™žπ™£π™œπ™¨ π™©π™–π™ π™š π™©π™žπ™’π™š "Oh, I'm sorry that I don't remember anything" she tells me "What do you even remember?" I mumbled Ha...
2.4K 16 45
{Completed} ==================================== "I'm scared Will." She whispered while looking up at the stars. "Of what?" I asked and turned to loo...
553 43 23
~Lost in words, hidden in lies, memories forgotten, silent goodbyes.~ This story is about a girl named Amelia. Amelia and the people who have decided...
483 34 32
Ripped away from the one person who ever truly cared about her, Katherine soon discovers how cruel the world could be. Katherine thought the idea of...