Radiant Academy {KH/FF/FT & o...

By Firefly94

Welcome to Radiant Academy your new home filled with new people, new classes and new rules, but wait a second... More

Prologue ~Nightmares
Chapter one ~ I'm not going nowhere
Chapter two~ You're who's roommate now?
Chapter three~ meet the beasts
Chapter four~ A big introduction!
Chapter five~ A Great hand!
Chapter six ~ You're one of us now!
Chapter seven~ Don't be so Dramatic!
Chapter eight ~ Aren't you sweet!
Chapter nine ~ Quite the Experiment!
Chapter 10 ~ A Match To Remember!
Chapter 11~ The ultimate Weapon!
Chapter 12 ~ Tradition!
Chapter 13 ~ Nothing like a moonlit stroll
Chapter 14 ~ Poison!
Chapter 15 ~ Seriously I'm Fine!
Chapter 16~ I don't need a baby sitter!
Chapter 17 ~ This is war!
Chapter 18 ~ Hit 'em in the Scruff!
Chapter 19 ~ I'll be your friend!
Chapter 20 ~ back to normal?!
Chapter twenty-one ~ Stop Digging!
Chapter twenty-two~ Remember Me!
Chapter 23~ Prey or Predator!
Chapter 24~ From Elephants to Air Ships!
Chapter 25~ the vanishing tea party!
Chapter 26 ~ Cryptic Cats and Run away Rabbits!
Chapter 27~ One long journey later!
Chapter 28~ You only need me!
Chapter 29 ~ No Trust!
Chapter 31 ~ the Secret Meeting!
Chapter 32 ~ What did you call me?!
Chapter 33 ~ I See You!
Chapter 34 ~ Eenie Meenie Miney Mo!
Chapter 35 ~ Fully Equipped!
Chapter 36 ~ A City Sleeps!
Chapter 37 ~ Time to Investigate!
Chapter 38~The Towering Tower!
Chapter 39 ~ And Who Are You?
Chapter 40 ~ Reunion
Chapter 41 ~ Until Next Time!
Chapter 42 ~ I'll ask the questions!

Chapter 30 ~ A little investigation!

821 49 11
By Firefly94

Chapter 30

"It's time to get up ------," Tifa's voice was quiet as she gently tried to wake you. The complete opposite to your usual roommates. You just groaned a little and rolled over.

"Up, Up, Up!" Yuffie cheered jumping on you. You giggled at the familiarity.

"I'm up," you sat up in Tifa's bed rubbing your eyes. Tifa sat down next to you with a half-smile on her face.

"So are you going to tell us why you decided to come over in the middle of the night?" she asked.

"Boy's are stupid," you sighed flopping back down to which Tifa just laughed.

"They probably got sick of her and booted her out," Kairi snickered from her bed on the opposite wall. Yuffie threw a pillow at her causing her to storm into the bathroom in a huff.

"Well your welcome here anytime those smelly boys get too annoying," Yuffie pulled a funny face. You just laughed at her before getting ready for the day too.

When you had gotten back to the academy last night you left the boy's before they could even say anything. Not that they were going to. It looked like Zack felt sort of bad for pushing your buttons but Axel and Gray were just as angry as you were. Both parties mad that the other wouldn't trust them.

You had surprised Tidus and Genesis when you burst into your room. They were full of questions like 'What time do you think this is?' and 'Where did you disappear to in the afternoon?' but you just walked in, grabbed your stuff for today before making your way to the girl dorms. Tifa let you take her bed no questions asked which was a nice change from the guys who were forever asking, why?

The girls had wanted you to go have breakfast with them but you just told them you had an appointment with Makarov and waved goodbye on the way to his office. No you didn't really have an appointment but you did have questions and you had to brief him on how the mission had gone.

When you got to his door you knocked, his voice called back instantly for you to come in so you pushed open the door and strolled in.

"------," he smiled looking up at you over the paperwork on his desk. "Here to tell me about your mission."

"Yep," you replied slipping into the chair across from him.

"Well how was the Calm Lands? Bump into any familiar faces?" He asked still smiling.

"What do you mean Calm Lands?" You tilted your head in confusion.

"That's where the mission was?" Makarov tilted his head to match yours his statement sounding more like a question.

"No, we went to Wonderland," You told him.

"Why'd you go there?" he raised a brow.

"Because that's where the mission said to go."

"Not the mission I picked for you." He shook his head.

"Well that's the one Kyoya sent us on," you explained.

"What did you do there?" Makarov sat up straighter looking ever so slightly worried. You didn't know what was worrying him but you didn't want to tell him about Vanitas. At least not yet.

"It was the lamest 'S' class quest ever," you sighed "we spent most our time walking through the woods gathering information before finally finding the target, only to find out it was a miss understanding and there was no big, scary, monster to beat up."

"Ahh, is that why you seem to be in a bad mood," Makarov asked.

"I'm not in a bad mood," you huffed. "Well what was the Calm Lands quest?"

"Beating up a big, scary, monster," He smiled as you dead panned back.

"Well give it to me and I'll do it tonight," you told him.

"Sorry but we got word yesterday it had been completed. I thought you'd taken care of it," He explained.

"Perfect," you breathed. You were out a decent battle and just given more questions to find answers for. You'd have to visit Kyoya to ask him more questions about the quest.

~Meanwhile~

Zack and Axel had pulled Gray away as he was headed for the cafeteria. The three of them were now having a secret meeting in one of the schools many deserted corridors.

"Have you told anyone about yesterday?" Axel asked quietly.

"No, I have some questions I'd like to ask ----- first," Gray replied in a matching hushed tone. "What about you guys?"

"No, not yet," Zack sighed rubbing the back of his neck.

"First we need to work out who that guy was" Axel said.

"He knew her and I'm pretty sure ------ knew him but she never used his name," Gray spoke.

"Probably on purpose," Axel huffed.

"She probably just doesn't want to put us in danger," Zack tried to defuse some of the tension. Axel just huffed and pouted acting like a child that didn't get there way.

"Anyway we need to find out more about that pocket watch and why that guy would want to kidnap -------," Gray explained.

"Who tried to kidnap --------?" The boys jumped at the smooth voice behind them, turning around to come face to face with Sebastian's deathly sweet smile.

"Oh nothing, we're just talking about this really exciting murder, mystery book we're all reading. I'm sure we can solve it before the end, right guys," Zack blurted out. "Well we best be off to breakfast." He turned around ready to rush off only to almost face plant into someone.

"Not so fast," Ryner placed a hand on Zack's shoulder, with a wide smile as cold as Sebastian's "Let's have a chat."

~~~

You still had twenty minutes before school started so you headed to the missions office to talk to Kyoya. He gave you the botched mission. He'd have to know something. You walked into the office to find him sitting behind his desk, going through a neatly stacked pile of papers. He looked up as you walked in.

"Good morning ------," He smiled but to you it felt like he was only acting out of formality. "Id there something I could help you with?"

"Yes actually," you walked over to his desk. "I have a question about yesterday's mission."

"Did something go wrong?" He asked siting up a little straighter after noticing your straight expression.

"Well- yes," you started thinking about how best to ask. "Apparently the mission I was supposed to go on was in the Calm Lands but you sent me to Wonderland. Why was that?"

"The Calm Lands you say?" He got up and walked over to a filing cabinet pulling it open and quickly flicking through the files. He stopped at one pulling it out and then picked up another, quickly scanning over both the documents. "I have the mission file for the Calm Lands here," he held up the file "However it hasn't been issued to anyone in particular. On the other hand this one," He held out the other file, "has your name on it."

"Can I have a look at it?" you asked and he handed it over. You skimmed the pages and it clearly stated that the Wonderland Quest had been reserved for you.

"Might I have that back for a moment?" Kyoya asked and you handed it back. He walked over to his desk and picked up another piece of paper looking between the papers. "As I thought." He stood up. "The hand writing doesn't match Makarov's."

"Really," You leaned over the desk to compare the two. "How do you receive these documents?" you looked up at him as he straightened his glasses.

"Makarov approves the quests before a student delivers them to the mission's office," He explained.

"Which student?" you asked sounding slightly more hopeful for answers.

"The students rotate daily, I'll have to look it up, just a moment." Kyoya sat behind his desk taping away at his keyboard before he stopped and his brow furrowed. "Oh dear."

"What's wrong?" a sense of worry washed over you.

"Well the student who was registered for duty yesterday has been in hospital for the past month after a magic mishap." He explained.

"Well who replaced him?" you pressed.

"A replacement was never arranged," Kyoya looked at his screens confused as your shoulders slumped in disappointment. For all you knew it could have been anyone who swapped out those papers. "I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'll have to revise my system," He sounded disappointed in himself.

"It's fine," you sighed "don't worry about it." You were in the middle of sulking out the room before Kyoya called you back.

"-------, I do have one question for you actually." He said.

"What is it?" You turned back from the doorway.

"Why did you take two Gummie Ships yesterday?"

"We only took one." You raised a brow.

"Really, that's odd," Kyoya narrowed his eyes. "Ten minutes after the first one left a second took off. I have a lot to look over." He muttered the last part to himself. "Thank you for your help.

A/N: Hey guys! What's up? This chapter's shorterish but whatever just threw in a bit of investigating. Have you pieced some of the pieces together? What do you think happened? Anyway hope you enjoyed and see ya in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 3.6K 34
Natsu Dragneel is the schools bad boy at Fairy Tail High. He's battle scarred from fights and follows his own rules. He rides a motorcycle and wears...
1.7K 6 40
So I tried to write a million stories, but this has been in the works for a while. This story is 18+. Most of the fairy tale characters will be in th...
50.9K 1.6K 23
Hello! This is my first Fairy Tail story. If I'd have to be honest, I'm very excited for this new story. I hope you'll like it. Here's a mini summary...
109K 2.1K 128
-Credit goes to @Crowillow for having made the beautiful cover!! 18 year old Katsumi Namikaze lost everything before she travelled the world and join...