Radiant Academy {KH/FF/FT & o...

By Firefly94

Welcome to Radiant Academy your new home filled with new people, new classes and new rules, but wait a second... More

Prologue ~Nightmares
Chapter one ~ I'm not going nowhere
Chapter two~ You're who's roommate now?
Chapter three~ meet the beasts
Chapter four~ A big introduction!
Chapter five~ A Great hand!
Chapter six ~ You're one of us now!
Chapter seven~ Don't be so Dramatic!
Chapter eight ~ Aren't you sweet!
Chapter nine ~ Quite the Experiment!
Chapter 10 ~ A Match To Remember!
Chapter 11~ The ultimate Weapon!
Chapter 12 ~ Tradition!
Chapter 13 ~ Nothing like a moonlit stroll
Chapter 14 ~ Poison!
Chapter 15 ~ Seriously I'm Fine!
Chapter 16~ I don't need a baby sitter!
Chapter 17 ~ This is war!
Chapter 18 ~ Hit 'em in the Scruff!
Chapter 19 ~ I'll be your friend!
Chapter 20 ~ back to normal?!
Chapter twenty-one ~ Stop Digging!
Chapter twenty-two~ Remember Me!
Chapter 23~ Prey or Predator!
Chapter 24~ From Elephants to Air Ships!
Chapter 25~ the vanishing tea party!
Chapter 26 ~ Cryptic Cats and Run away Rabbits!
Chapter 27~ One long journey later!
Chapter 28~ You only need me!
Chapter 30 ~ A little investigation!
Chapter 31 ~ the Secret Meeting!
Chapter 32 ~ What did you call me?!
Chapter 33 ~ I See You!
Chapter 34 ~ Eenie Meenie Miney Mo!
Chapter 35 ~ Fully Equipped!
Chapter 36 ~ A City Sleeps!
Chapter 37 ~ Time to Investigate!
Chapter 38~The Towering Tower!
Chapter 39 ~ And Who Are You?
Chapter 40 ~ Reunion
Chapter 41 ~ Until Next Time!
Chapter 42 ~ I'll ask the questions!

Chapter 29 ~ No Trust!

829 50 5
By Firefly94

Chapter 29

Everything was black. You didn't know how long you'd been out but you just kept praying that robed figure had one, been a good guy and two, had saved you. In your mind you tried to cling to the image hoping to be able to work out who it was but it was like you were looking at them through foggy glass. Your mind started to drift back to reality as a familiar voice broke through your thoughts.

"Is she still alive?" the familiar voice asked full of concern as you felt something soft being put behind your head.

"She's still breathing. Do you think he did anything to her?" you could identify this worried voice as Zack.

"Damn it! I knew we shouldn't have left her alone!" Axel's voice was right by your ear and it sounded pissed. You tried to say some snarky comment back at him but nothing came out. You paused in your thoughts and blocked the boys out as you did a mental assessment of yourself. Nothing felt broken or too painful. This time you just tried to open your eyes and it worked. Although very slowly and the unwelcome brightness made you grimace.

"She's opening her eyes" Gray called to the others as your eyed slowly blinked open to take in his shirtless figure. He was standing in front of where you were laying on the floor. Axel and Zack were both crouched down on either side of you.

"Never do that again!" Axel yelled in your ear, rattling your brain, as he pulled your still slightly limp body into a hug.

"What happened?" you asked somewhat groggily. "Did one of you come after me?"

"When the sun came out again we came out and found you laying there." Gray answered with a worried expression etched into his face. Axel was still holding you in a warm embrace that you didn't think would end anytime soon. You looked around to find yourself back outside the clock tower where you had left the boys and peter.

"Wait, where's Peter?" you finally took notice if his absence.

"His still inside with Alfred, the watch maker guy," Zack answered this time.

"What about the monster in the tower? What happened with that?" you pressed.

"It'll probably be easier to show you." Zack rubbed at the back of his head.

"Come on," Axel finally let you go and helped you up before reaching back down to grab Gray's shirt and passed it to him. It didn't look like he was going to put it back on but he eventually pulled it over his head.

You were a little wobbly on your legs and desperately wanted to know what had happened to Vanitas after you'd passed out but you decided that this problem had to be dealt with first. Zack lead the way as the rest of you followed him into the tower. You were walking by yourself but you could feel all of them sending you glances, watching just in case you stumbled and they had to jump into action and catch you. They were way too over protective but you weren't going to reprimand them just yet. That could wait until after all the tension and worry had died down.

You stepped into the tower and let out an exasperated sigh at the sight of a massive spiral staircase twisting up the walls, with a teeny tiny door in the distance. You cleared your throat and got ready to do a wind spell to take you to the top. Gray obviously knew what you were about to do as he stepped forward placing a hand on your shoulder.

"I've got this one," he gave a smile. You paused a moment before shrugging and stepping back, curious to see what he'd do. He'd obviously done it before as the other boys knew what to do standing next to him, Zack tugging you closer to them too. You watched as a large magic circle formed beneath the four of you as Gray used two handed ice maker magic. An ice platform appeared beneath you, rising at an increasing rate until you reached the top of the tower, coming to an abrupt halt.

"You might want to think about your stops," you told him as you stumbled off with the other boys. Gray just shrugged, completely unaffected and stepped off his ice elevator to join the rest of you on the stone platform. Axel didn't even knock and just pushed open the door, strolling into the room. You followed with the rest of the boys and took in the scene. The room was full of clocks of all shapes and sizes. On walls, hanging from the roof, in book cases, on desks, everywhere. In the centre of the room was a little wooden coffee table with two mismatched chairs placed opposite each other. Peter was sitting in the smaller of the two, sipping from a little tea cup and chatting to the tall man across from him. The man, assumed to be Alfred, was relatively young looking, wearing a deep blue suit and top hat. He looked very neat and tidy compared to his dusty and cluttered surroundings and his face was rather expressionless.

"Wait, so there's no monster?" you questioned looking between the rooms occupants.

"Yep," Zack nodded.

"Then who was messing up time?" you continued.

"I was," The tall clock maker spoke up in a monotonous voice. Your jaw just dropped as you stared at him.

"------, this is Alfred, Alfred, -------" Peter introduced.

"Why the hell were you messing up time?" you shook your head in annoyed disbelief at Alfred and his straight face.

"It was a request and the boy made an appropriate payment so I fulfilled his wish," Alfred replied as if nothing was wrong.

"What?" you seethed annoyed that one, you had to bump into Vanitas and two your 'S' class quest was in no way, shape or form 'S' class. Where was the giant monster to destroy?

"We're pretty sure the 'boy' he's talking about was the guy that attacked us outside," Gray explained.

"And he asked you to change time?" you pressed not seeing how it would benefit Vanitas.

"The boy said he was, and I quote 'laying the bait'" Alfred spoke in his evidently continuous monotonous tone and straight face. You couldn't work out why Vanitas would want to tempt you here, which is what you interpreted the words to mean but then he continued. "He also asked me to make a few of these." Your eyes widened as he held out a pocket watch identical to the one Vanitas had. Suddenly all the pieces fell into place and you realised this whole quest was just a set up to trap you. Just how had he managed that?

"He wanted a pocket watch?" Axel raised a brow unsure of the connection.

"It's not just a pocket watch, it's a music box too. The tunes quite interesting actually," Alfred went to open the watch and unleash that horrid noise.

"Stop!" You yelled darting forward clasping your hand over the watch to keep it shut. Everyone went silent, surprised at your outburst. Even Alfred's brow rose slightly. You quickly calmed yourself but didn't let go of the watch. "How many of these did you make?" you asked breath a tad shaky at the memory of the noise.

"He asked for five, has two, this is the third and I haven't made the last two as of yet." Alfred explained.

"Well don't make the rest," I told him already worried enough at the two he already possessed.

"He's already paid me," Alfred stated flatly "I have an obligation to make them."

"That doesn't matter, he doesn't need the rest and he won't be coming back," you told him. A lie of course. You had no idea where he was and if he'd be back but you didn't want him to have another one.

"How do you know his not coming back?" Axel stepped up next to you, his voice taking on a serious tone.

"His just not, okay. Trust me." You tried to keep your voice flat but it came out a little pleading. Axel looked you straight in the eyes keeping your gaze locked in his fiery one. It was like he was searching for the truth as if your eyes would betray your words. He didn't find anything. You were an expert at keeping your real thoughts hidden. Eventually he just shrugged and stepped back deciding to trust you for now. You turned your attention back to Alfred, both of you still having a hand on the watch.

"We're also going to need you to stop messing with time," You told him.

"But I've also been paid for that request. I can't leave a task half finished," he shook his head. You let out an annoyed sigh. You just wanted everyone to agree to your terms so you could leave this place. The whole 'almost being kidnapped by Vanitas' thing kept playing on your mind. You just wanted answers and you wanted them now. From the way the three boys were staring at you, you knew they could tell you were flustered. From the corner of your eye you saw Gray straighten himself and then he cleared his throat.

"We have come here on orders from the queen to stop the alterations of time," at the mention of the queen Alfred stiffened slightly. "If we return with news that you refuse to stop altering time I don't think she'll be very happy." Gray continued and Alfred obviously knew what he was insinuating.

"Well that changes things" Alfred cleared his throat.

"So on behalf of the queen the boys request shall be void." Gray finished. A small smile formed on your lips. You were surprised at how quick Gray was. He was very adaptable and quick thinking. He was extremely well suited to quest life.

"And I'll be taking this to the queen as evidence," you added with a smile pulling the pocket watch from Alfred's grasp. He didn't look very happy but he complied.

With the matter settled the boys and you bid the rabbit and watch maker farewell before exiting the musty room onto the stone platform outside.

"So you gonna tell us what went down between you and your creepy 'friend'" Zack asked doing finger quotations around the word 'friend'. You stepped back until you were stood with your heels to the edge of the platform.

"Hmm," you screwed up your nose. "Nope," and with a grin you leaned back plummeting over the edge head first. You let out a laugh at the look on the boys faces as they panicked reaching out to grab you, all coming up short. You flipped in the air and clicked your fingers, a wind vortex forming beneath you. You rode it all the way to the ground floor as the boys just stared after you shock stuck on their faces.

"You guys coming," you called up to them as you reached the floor, your voice being carried by the acoustics of the tower.

"I think I'll wait for the elevator thanks," Zack called back as your laughter filled the tower.

The walk back to the ship was extremely awkward. You'd returned to 'Mad' receiving your reward before continuing on. The boys had kept trying to question you but you refused to answer. Eventually they gave up and you just walked in silence. When you'd gotten back to the ship you went straight to the cabin for a nap. You didn't want to sit with the others and endure another interrogation. You went off to sleep with a million thoughts flying through your head. What happened to Vanitas? What did he want with you? How did he know you'd take that quest? And one of the most pressing ones, who had saved you?

When you finally woke up you were still in flight. You decided to join the others for the rest of the trip but before that you went to the mirror to straighten up. You took in your reflection, noting all the little rips and tears in your clothing but not a single scratch on your body. You know you'd been injured and if the boys had tried to heal you they would have used white magic and you'd be dead. That meant your mystery saviour had done something meaning one, whoever it was knew who you were or at least your magic type and two, they had a method for healing dark mages. Interesting.

You continued your little mental game of connected the dots as you walked out to the bridge, taking a seat next to Zack.

You muttered a 'hello' to the boys but the atmosphere was thick with tension. They still weren't happy that you refused to answer their questions. After a few minutes of silence Gray finally spoke up from across the room.

"So what's this do?" he asked quietly. You looked up and almost dropped your jaw as you saw the pocket watch dangling off the chain in his hand. You reached into your pocket where you'd had the watch and it wasn't there.

"You stole the watch?" You jumped up angrily with a furrowed brow.

"No, you stole the watch and I want to know why? What's it do?" He asked making his voice a little sterner.

"Could you just trust me on this and give it back," you held out your hand.

"You keep telling us to trust you but you never tell us anything. It's so obvious you're in some sort of trouble and we want to help but how can we trust you if you can't even trust us. Just tell us and let us help," Gray argued.

"Well it's none of your business," you shook your head angrily.

"Then I'll just open the watch and find out for myself," he reached for the clasp.

"No!" you screamed and dove for him shooting a fire ball. Instantly Gray jumped out of the way as Axel left the ships controls shooting a fire ball of his own to deflect yours and Zack tackled you to the floor. You shoved Zack off only to be tackled again, this time by Axel.

"Open it!" Axel yelled over his shoulder as he struggled to keep you pinned.

"Sto-!" your scream was cut short as the horrific tune filled the room. Axel almost head butt the floor as your body froze no longer giving any resistance.

"------?" Axel pushed himself up an arm either side of your face. "-------?" his voice shook slightly as he took in your horrified expression. The other two rushed over too.

"What happened?" Gray asked full of concern.

"She looks paralysed." Axel explained. You just laid there, unable to move, furry running through every fibre of your being.

"Why?" Gray questioned leaning down next to Axel.

"Quickly close the watch," Zack gasped. "It has to be the watch!" he exclaimed. Gray quickly snapped it shut and your body flew into motion swiping the pocket watch from his hand. The boys jumped, faces a mixture of surprise and concern. You angrily shoved Axel off, as he was still hovering over you and stormed toward the cabin.

"Next time, trust me," you spat back at them before exiting the room.

"No, trust us!" Gray shouted after you.

A/N: Hey guys! Been way too long. Sorry if you guys were looking forward to an action packed chapter of meeting mysterious saviour but that's not happening... at least not yet. As you can probably tell mission numero uno, is over! I plan on having other off world trips and stuff and have a few in mind but I was wondering if you guys had any worlds you'd like to visit. They can be from ff or kh (so that includes anything Disney) or you may want to visit an anime world. It could be an anime with characters I've already included or you can suggest a completely new one. I'm completely open to suggestion and love to hear what you guys think.

Anyway hope you enjoyed! And I'm off to write the next chapter so I'll hopefully see you there soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 664 25
Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or any of the characters in this story unless it is my original plot. This is just a fan fiction I've written for...
3.8K 10 23
Meet Lucy Heartfilia, an 11th grader at Fairy Tail High. Mute by choice and also a straight A student. Lucy has an amazing group of friends, a best f...
267K 9.5K 30
Lucy Heartfillia is a young and beautiful girl. She is an elite general of the capital army of Magnolia. She has a caring father, friends, and is ve...
7.6K 270 11
It's the apocalypse and you get granted one chance to save the world. So who do you ask for? The one and only E.N.D. You and Natsu embark on a journe...