The Rejected Alpha

By sharon1Dstyles

Adriane was living a life she thought was normal, that was up until her sixteenth birthday. This was when she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Please Read, Its important!
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Important Update Please!
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 9

6.3K 170 55
By sharon1Dstyles

"So keep all sorts of pressure away from the injury for about a week and you'll be good to go. You are actually healing very fast, its amazing." Dr. Hawkins told me with a reassuring smile. I looked at my arm that had been put into a fresh cast after the doctor cut off the old one to inspect my arm.
He got up and packed his stuff and Latifah escorted him out.

I already took my bath, which was extremely hard with just one hand, and changed into some fresh clothes, that Latifah provided for me, which wasn't easy either.
I looked on the bedside table and picked up my half eaten breakfast. Bacon, sausage, eggs and toast. I had my breakfast in my room instead of downstairs at the dining table because I seriously wanted to avoid some people and Latifah understood completely.

I only drank my tea and ate the toast and a bit of the Bacon and eggs. I'm not a big fan of sausages. I placed the plate with my leftovers on the tray and took the tray in my right hand and walked to the door. I gently used my left hand to turn the door knob and open the door. Once I got it open I used my foot to completely kick it open and step out.

I slowly made my way down the stairs careful not to drop the tray, otherwise Damon would blow a gasket.
When I got to the bottom of the stairs I took my time to really admire the home decor. White walls with beautiful paintings and pictures on them, some family photos, I think, a beautiful beige carpet covering the floor of the staircase, the living room and the upstairs hallway, a huge beautiful chandelier hanging from the ceiling, curtains with fine embroidery covering the windows. Even the ceiling was engraved with beautiful patterns.

I was slowly walking towards the kitchen when I stopped at the living room. On the beautiful cream couch sat Damon, still in his pajama bottoms.
That blonde bimbo, Cassandra, in only an oversized shirt, straddling him on the couch, kissing him.

She had her hands around his neck pulling him closer and his hands were on her hips holding her in place. I really don't know what happened to me but something inside me broke. I didn't know I had let go of the tray until it fell to the ground, the ceramic cup and the plate shattering on impact with the bare floor.

Damon snapped his head towards me whilst Cassandra slowly turned to me, a smirk appearing on her swollen kissed lips. Damon looked at me with an expressionless face but he seemed to be getting angry as he kept looking at the shattered china between my feet.

"If you don't have anything better to do than to rudely stare at us you could clean the mess you've made on the floor." Cassandra spoke up.

If I say I wasn't hurt, I'd be the biggest liar, and what was even worse is that they were in the same position I'd caught them in. As if what they were doing was completely normal.
But then again it was.

He doesn't want me as a mate and he is clearly okay with the girl on his lap.
And it frustrated me that I was even feeling this way for someone I hardly knew. It wasn't right, and yet still that's exactly what I felt.

Doing my best to keep my tears at bay, I slowly knelt down and started picking the broken pieces and placing them on the tray. Once I was done I shakily got up, but I avoided eye contact.

"Alpha, Luna." I nodded and went to the kitchen to dump the broken pieces in the trash. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath.

I don't even like him, I shouldn't shed tears for that evil bastard.
Why, why? Of all the people out there why did it have to be him? Moon goddess what did I ever do to you?

I quickly washed the tray and put it down and rushed back upstairs to my room, or the room I was staying in, hoping not to see them again. I shut the door and crawled up the bed and leaned my back against the headboard.

Just why am I even here?
Couldn't he have left me at the pack house? Better still couldn't he have left our old pack alone? Even better yet why couldn't my old life as a regular human have just been left the way it was? I hate everything about my life now. Its all so, confusing and frustrating.

I know how it sounds from a novel perspective, finding your mate and instantly falling in love with them, pretty romantic.

But in reality, it's really weird feeling this range of emotions towards a complete stranger. I don't know this guy from Adam, yet I can't help being jealous because I like him, and I don't even know why.
Oh wait, I do, the mate bond.
In which we have no say. How fantastic.

I wonder how Mavis is doing. I'm sure she and James are getting along just fine. And I'm here bawling my eyes out.

I was feeling so many emotions right now, sadness, anger, hate, confusion, betrayal, stupidity, yes, I feel stupid because I feel betrayed.

All the anger just boiled up in me and last I remembered was my breathing became very heavy and the disturbing sound of cracking bones all throughout my body before everything went black...

*****

All I registered when I came to was that I was tired. A bit worn out.

I opened my eyes to find myself lying in the middle of a room.

Butt naked.

I was face down on the floor and once I sat up I realized my arm hurt like a bitch. I bit down on my lower lip just to refrain from screaming.
My cast was gone but the sling was lying at the edge of what seemed to be a bed. It took me a little while longer to see that I was still in my room at the Alpha's house.

I gasped at the sight. The bed was completely broken in two, stuffing from the mattress and the pillows all over the place. The beautiful beige walls were marred with scrapes and scratches. The bedside table completely shattered, the windows broken and the closet torn apart with most of the clothing in it.

No, no, no.

What happened? Did I do this?

Look at yourself, you're naked, of course you did it.

I got up and rushed to the clothes desperate to cover up and after a minute of frantic searching I found a tank top and a pair of shorts that weren't completely ruined.
I put them on and took the sling for my arm and walked to the door and slowly leaned my back against it.

How could I have done all this?
Why the hell did I turn? Damon is going to kill me now for sure.
Why the hell did you do this?
I asked my wolf.
No response, as usual.

I was just standing by the door when it suddenly opened and I fell forward. Since I had only one hand to break my fall, my face first fall was even more painful.

I got to my knees and stood up and slowly turned, ready to face an explosion, only to see Cassandra standing there.

"What did you do?" She turned to me staring at the trashed room.
I didn't answer her mainly because I had no idea. And also because I didn't owe her one.
I just scowled at her because the sight of her just sparks something inside me. Not good sparks, bad ones.

"When Damon comes back he sure is going to kill you." she smiled at me, as if already imagining the awful outcome. And liking it.

"What do you want?" My heart rate had already picked up again and my breathing too.

"You have no right to ask me that, I'm the Luna here. I can go where ever I want." She sounded way too smug for her own good.

"I honestly don't even know why he brought you here." She stared at me like she was trying to decipher some code that explained why her boyfriend brought me to his house.

She obviously came up with no answer in that regard and decided to give me a once over and came up with a highly un-impressed look.

"Now listen, I came here to tell you, I've seen the way you look at him, I will advice you to stay away from him. He. Is. Mine. And he's not interested in you." She said pointing her nasty finger at me.
Snap it, snap it, snap it.

"Okay so if you're so confident that he's not interested in me and that he's all yours, why have you come to warn me off? You insecure?" I was sounding way more confident than I felt.

She frowned at me.

"Stay. Away."

"Okay, if you're done, can you get out?" I said really losing my temper. I needed some time alone to think and figure out how do deal with this mess.
Hopefully I could see Latifah first, before Damon gets back.

"You better talk to me with respect." she said pushing me, purposely on my left arm.

I winced a bit and when I saw the smile on her face, I used my right hand to slap it right off.
She gasped, stumbling back a bit and looked visibly shocked as she held her now reddish cheek.

I won't lie, that slap felt good. For me.

"You will pay for that." she said as she jumped on me and pushed me onto the floor.

We started struggling, rolling around and punching each other. I doing it with only one hand as she kept attacking my left hand. I kicked her in the stomach sending her flying a couple of feet away from me but she was as quick as she was annoying and back on me in a matter of seconds.

We continued struggling and she elbowed me in the face, close to my eye socket, that surprisingly hurt really bad. I was beginning to get madder with each punch she threw which just made me fight back more, pain in my left arm long forgotten, or pushed to the back of my mind.
I'll deal with that later.

I didn't know we had gotten to a wall until I used my right hand to punch her so hard that her head went flying back, crashing against the wall with a very serious impact. At least, that's what it sounded like.

Her eyes widened a fraction and they just stayed there opened and lifeless.
They stayed like that for a minute before they finally fell shut.

I got up in a panicked rush.
All adrenaline having left my system and ditched me.
Traitor.

I stood there, watching her with baited breath. Waiting to catch the smallest of movements, a rise and fall in her chest, a spasm in her legs, even just a twitch of her eyelids.

But nothing.

She wasn't moving, she just lay there, still.
I shakily used my foot to nudge her stomach slightly.

"Ca-cassandra?"

Nothing.

Just then blood started to pool under her head.

Stepping back to avoid contact with the dark red fluid I gulped.

Oh no.

Oh please no.

"What. Did. You. Do?" Already knowing the person at the door and what was about to happen to me, tears sprung into my eyes.

This is it.

I took a deep breath and turned around. His icy blue pools were scanning the trashed room until they landed on Cassandra.

His eyes widened, then he looked at me. He rushed over to her and knelt by her, looking at her. Looking at the mess I made, while guilt ate me from inside.
Then he turned her on her back. Her face was pale, ghostly pale and she still wasn't breathing.

"Marcus!" He called. In seconds, his Beta was at the door.

"Take her." he said gesturing towards Cassandra's body. His beta looked a bit stunned at the sight before him but he nodded and came over and draped her body over his shoulder and left the room. Damon stood up and turned towards me, his jaw clenched.

"Is she..." I whispered not really wanting to mention the word. I couldn't even cry, I was in shock.
I mean, I didn't like her, but I surely didn't want her dead.
Let alone be the one to do it.
Oh, please don't be dead.

"Wouldn't you like to know." His eyes held a new found anger in them. It was literally killing me so I had to look down.

"I- I didn't mean to-" he cut me off.

"You didn't mean to what?" He shouted and looked at the room once more.

"Did you do this?" I just nodded.
Because I know I did.

"In wolf form?" He asked again, his voice dangerously low.

"Yes, but I couldn't control-" he cut me off by pushing me against a wall and grabbing my chin and forcing me to look up at him.

"Do you know the sanction for what you have done?!" He growled his grip on my chin moving to my neck. His hold on my neck surprisingly not matching the ferocity on his face, but I knew it would come.

I shut my eyes tightly.

I knew what was coming, the capital punishment.
Life of pack members is considered sacred. Throughout all packs, it's considered a natural law. No one has the right to take a life of a fellow pack member. So when you do, you're gifted with the ultimate punishment, a death sentence.

But this wasn't a murder, it was an accident.
But I don't think he cared.
Or maybe they don't forgive accidents in this pack.

I could feel his hands on my neck, but they weren't squeezing, not yet anyway.

"You will do no such thing!" Latifah said from the door. I opened my eyes to see her standing by the door approaching us, tears falling from my eyes.

Damon growled.

"Leave us." he demanded.
Latifah halted, looking shocked. "Damon." she gasped.

"I said leave us!" And this time it seemed to be an Alpha's command.
She stiffened and started to turn around, she had no option but to walk out of the room.
He turned back to me.

"Stop it with the tears will you!" He said as he pushed me away. I let out a choked sob, holding onto my neck.

"I won't kill you, no matter how much I want to, I can't." his words really stung my already broken heart. I just kept my head down, all my silent tears dropping to the floor.
Why does this hurt so much? It shouldn't hurt this much.

"James!" After sometime James came and stood at the door, shock registering on his face when he noticed the room.

"Take her to isolation." he ordered.

What?

_______________________________________************************************
AN: So that's another chapter. I just want to thank all of you who have gotten this far, I really appreciate it. Thank you guys so much for reading and voting. Means a lot.
I'm almost done editing the next chapter so I'll post it soon.
Please, vote, follow and leave your comments. Thanks so much again.
*Love Sharon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 51.7K 33
*COMPLETED* He is cruel She is broken Onalee (Ali) has stared death in the face more then once in her 18 years. She knows loss and pain better then...
881 126 11
Karma woke up in an alleyway covered in her blood, and filled with immense pain. She had no idea how she ended up there, and she had no idea where sh...
6M 211K 61
HIGHEST RANK: #4 as of 3/8/17 *PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION, THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 16 YEARS OLD, THIS BOOK IS NOT PERFECT BY ANY MEA...
4K 224 30
Elena Crystal, a 17 years old girl with many problem in her life. On her 18 birthday, something happen to her. Something she thought is was just a fa...