The Rejected Alpha

By sharon1Dstyles

Adriane was living a life she thought was normal, that was up until her sixteenth birthday. This was when she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Please Read, Its important!
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Important Update Please!
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 5

6.8K 209 37
By sharon1Dstyles

One of the males let out a fierce and gruesome growl breaking the eerie silence. 
It didn't take long before a silver bullet was lodged into his skull. And just like that, he slumped to the ground.

"Anyone else?" The Alpha dared us to speak.
The whole room was silent.
But it was more of a shocked silence, well for me anyway. I didn't even have it in me to be scared anymore.

We all knew what was coming now.

Confrontations between packs always ended badly. It's either you come out the victor or you die. There's nothing in between. And based on our stance right now, it's safe to say that we've lost. We've lost more than just a fight.

"Good, now, where is the group from the Alpha's house? Royals first." and with that we were being pushed up to the front of the room in a line, side by side.

The Alpha walked up to the first person, that happened to be Evelyn.
He studied her carefully.

Evelyn looked him straight in the eye, her head held high. She clearly wasn't intimidated by him, or scared by the fact that she's about to die. She just looked at him with scorn.

He narrowed his eyes before grabbing her chin.

"Ah, Evelyn Prescott, the local witch. I may have some use for you." he let her go and pushed her aside.
"So I will not kill you, just yet." he smiled and moved on to the next person.

Joshua.

Joshua tried but failed to look like he wasn't intimidated.
He is Rose's son and is just eighteen. The Alpha gave him a quick glance probably deciding he was of no use to him and was about ready to snap his neck when Rose interjected.

"No!" He stilled with his hands on Joshua's head.

"Please Alpha Damon, you do not have to do this." she pleaded for her son.

I was about eight people away from Rose but I could still see the tears streaming down her face, and the terror in her eyes at the fact that she might lose her son.

He turned his head slowly to the left and looked at Rose. He then let go of Joshua's head and started walking towards her.

"What exactly makes you think that I would listen to you?" He asked staring coldly at her. And I mean that literally, the look he was giving her was actually giving me chills.

She, in turn, just looked at him with pleading eyes. He cocked his head.

"I am in a good mood right now though, so I can give you the option of going  first, to spare you the heartache of having to see your s-" He stopped abruptly, his wicked smile disappearing from his face.

His shoulders tensed up as he sniffed around briefly.
He stopped sniffing and let out a low growl.

Since we saw our Alpha die, my heart just felt numb with shock but after he let out that growl my heart started racing again, and I was officially terrified.

Everyone has to die at some point and it's never a fun thought to have, but to see it right in front of you, and anticipate it, now that's something else.
How would it be? Would it be so quick that I felt nothing? Or would my consciousness leave my body slowly while I feel every single ounce of pain as my blood and life leaves my body?

I looked over at Mavis, she looked absolutely defeated. She was just staring down at the ground, a steady stream of tears flowing down her cheeks. Her parents were dead, and now her only remaining family has been brutally murdered. Everyone was grieving, no room to console anyone.

I finally looked at Alpha Damon again and he took a step away from Rose who was still pleading with her eyes.

His eyes then started to menacingly slowly look at everyone, one by one.

And with my luck, his eyes stopped right on me. Something flashed in his eyes before he took long strides across the room and soon was standing right before me.
His blazing blue eyes boring into my brown ones, making me go weak at the knees.
And not weak at the knees like I just met Harry Styles. No. Weak like I'm gonna get my head ripped off by Godzilla. 

His cold yet beautiful eyes kept staring at me until he took a step forward and forcefully grabbed my chin. His scent filled my nose.
He smelt like some citrus tropical, woodzy mixture or something like that and it was quite alluring.

This is probably the worst time to do this but I started to stare at him. I know there is something about Alphas that makes them naturally hot, but he was something else. His eyes, even though they're cold and bitter, they're an azure blue with long full eyelashes adorning them. Pink plum lips that are literally begging to be kissed and a sculpted jaw...

"No." he said as he let go of my chin.

"No, no, no, No!" He practically shouted running his right hand through his hair and slightly tugging on it.

"Alpha, what's wrong?" Beta Marcus asked him. He seemed shocked at his Alpha's behaviour.

"Take them back to their cells, all of them. Now!" And with that he left the room. Leaving me utterly confused at what just happened and people shooting me weird glances.

And courtesy of the Blood Moon pack guards' hospitality, we were escorted back to our cells without as much as a hair out of place.
Please note the sarcasm.
Basically they dragged us out of the room whilst our Alpha and his family's bodies lay lifeless on the ground amidst a lot of screaming and crying. I guess the numbness of the shock had worn off from everyone.

Once we were back in the comfort of our cells Mavis jumped me.

"What the hell was that? Why are we still alive?" She seemed out of it, like she couldn't process the pain anymore and instead just focused on why we were still breathing.

"I have no idea what just happened, that was so strange." I answered. I thought that was it, that was going to be our slaughter, but we're still here.
Well, for now.

"Do you know him? Have you guys met before?" She asked.

"No, this was my first time meeting him." I answered honestly. I have absolutely no idea why he did what he did. And judging from the look on Mavis' face, she was trying to come up with a couple of theories.

But I could clearly see that she was trying to push the pain and shock of what just happened to the back of her head. For now, I wanted to do the same thing.

"But, but, he just let us go, and the way he looked at you..." Mavis trailed off eyeing me suspiciously. And I could tell that she's got a theory now.

"What are you getting at?" I asked eyeing her right back.

"Darling, is their Alpha your mate?" Rose asked from her cell opposite us. She looked a lot better than she did some moments ago when she nearly lost her son. He was probably also back in his cell now, confused as hell.
Like we all were.

I almost chocked on my own spit.
Mate? Mate! MATE? What? No!

I shook my head abruptly.

"Its true, it could be possible." Mavis said agreeing with Rose.

"Did you feel any connection, did your wolf speak to you?" Mavis asked.

"No, my wolf did not speak to me, I did not feel any 'connection', he just smelt really good." I said frustrated and slightly panicked at the conclusion they have arrived at.

"Adriane, how good?" Rose asked looking at me with some emotion in her eyes, I don't know, hope?

"How is that even a question?" I asked and sighed when I still saw the hopeful look in her eyes. "He smelt like a tropical rainforest which appealed to my senses more than I thought a cologne should be able to." I answered truthfully.

"Oh goodness." Mavis shook her head. "It wasn't his cologne that you caught a wiff of Adriane." Mavis said looking like she was about step on a dying puppy. Like she genuinely felt guilty for what she was about to say. "It was the mate bond. I believe you've found your mate."

No.

"It makes sense now, he stopped because he found his mate, he felt her." Rose said from her cell. She was more like speaking to herself.

"Uh, I don't think so." I said.

"Adriane, Alpha Damon was in the middle of killing us all when he saw you, if you aren't his mate I don't know what else it could be. Just give it sometime, your wolf will eventually speak to you and confirm it." Rose said.

"Him, my mate?" I said the statement in form of a question.

"Fvck." Mavis said literally looking like she was about to get sick. I didn't blame her though, I was begining to share in that feeling with her.

"Adriane, I have no idea what to say to you right now. I don't know if this is a good or bad or awful thing." She stared at the ground as she spoke slowly shaking her head.

"I think it's the best thing that could have happened for us and for her in particular. There's nothing better than finding your mate." Rose spoke with sad smile.
The fact that she was never fortunate enough to find her own mate floated across my mind. I sighed.

"Even if he is a serial killer?" I asked getting light headed.
Rose only chuckled softly. "Even so, besides, mates only bring out the best in each other. You have to have hope Adriane."

After a minute silence, something popped up.

"But he said no, was he, did he reject me?" I asked. For some reason I shuddered at the thought.

"Not officially, no, just give him sometime I'm sure he was just in shock, especially in the circumstance he met you in, I mean he was about to kill you." Rose said coolly. How she was suddenly so chill about this was beyond me.

"And how is it that you are taking this matter so lightly, he could easily change his mind and finish us off, mate or no mate, he doesn't seem to have a conscience." I sighed.

"I sincerely doubt that, just, just go to sleep everything will look better when you wake up." Rose said getting into a sleeping position.
It was then that I could hear a crack in her voice.

She was simply putting on a face. She wasn't okay, none of us were.

"Now, I sincerely doubt that." I said getting or more like trying to get comfy on the cold hard ground.

She turned her back to us, no doubt wanting to prevent me from reading her actual emotions from her face.

I turned and saw that Mavis had already curled herself into a ball while Rose and I spoke and was crying to herself.
Now that I was paying attention to her, I could feel her agony coming of in waves.

I didn't have words for her. I didn't know what to say to comfort her. So I simply moved in and hugged her.
I held her very tight.
Both of us silent, as sobs racked her body and tears left my eyes.

***

"I can't even sleep." I muttered to myself after a long while.

"Me neither." Mavis mumbled. She was just lying on her back now and staring up at the ceiling.
The sadness still very prominent on her face.

I wanted to do more to console her, but I didn't know what to say. What could I possibly tell her to make this situation better?
I just reached out and squeezed her hand slightly and she squeezed back. That was enough for us.
We're still here.

I let out a long deep sigh and effectively shut my eyes trying to rid myself of the awful pictures of what happened earlier.
He is a monster. One who took revenge a tad too far.
One that may be my mate?

No.

I silently begged my wolf to tell me he is not our mate. Ever since I turned for the first time about a year ago, I have only turned four more times, and according to Mavis, I hardly last 30 minutes then I pass out.

I am yet to get 'in touch' with my wolf, according to Evelyn. I don't know how my life became this messed up, I really wish I was human again, with a family and no worries, instead of having to deal with this crazy world I am still trying to get my head wrapped around.
Blissful ignorance, I'd do anything for that again.

With another long sigh, I drift off into a restless sleep...

_______________________________________

************************************
AN: ok so that's the first five chapters, hope you like it. I already have ten more chapters pre-written so I'll post them as soon as possible.
Please please vote,follow and tell me what you think. Thanks. Love y'all
*Sharon S. ;-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

384K 9.2K 33
I smell the scent again and look around and my eyes met his bright green ones my biggest bully the soon to be alpha of my pack. Lucifer Rossi oh god...
643K 21.3K 37
*** I have published the first part of the rewrite, it is on my profile. Please give it a read unless you want to read this version...which is trash...
28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
59K 1.8K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...