That's Right We Are Teens!!!

By kayyyy98

We believe in pink. We believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. We believe in kissing, kissing a lot... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Just Author's Note Guys :P
Epilogue

Chapter 4

890 8 0
By kayyyy98

Nicole: Eric we have to talk later though.

Eric: Now I'm scared.

Char: You should be. Maybe we can both go bitchy on him Nic.

Chris: Huge mistake Nic. I'd be in the next chapter not this one.

Nicole: Oh coolies.

Claire: Ok who's going first this time?

Eric: Me.

Char: Err why?

Eric: Cos I said so.

Chris: Burn!

WAY BACK WHEN

*Eric*

I'm still trying to understand what just happened.

I feel almost bad and even I admit it, that's my first step towards humanity.

First of all, Claire starts crying again, Amanda is in a dilemma as to who to attend to, Char has walked away steaming and very mad and I, I am lost as to what to do.

My heart - or at least what's almost a heart - goes out to poor Amanda.

She looks like she should be put to bed or woken up from this nightmare.

She really isn't bad and has been nothing but sweet to me even if I haven't been a 'sweet gentleman' as Char puts it.

I took charge immediately. "Frank!" I called one of the guys.

"Yeah? You should do something and your clothes are kinda dirty cos of the coke." he said.

"I think I figured that out. Get Claire, that's the blonde, anything she needs. I'll be right back."

Once Claire was almost taken care of, I gently steered Amanda outside to my car.

"Eric? I think I need a paracetamol." she said looking and sounding tired and dazed.

"I'm sorry sweetie, I don't have any on me." I said not even realising I just called Amanda a sweetie. She didn't seem to notice too as she just nodded and turned around.

"Amanda do you think you can take me to your house so I can drop you off and search for Char?" I asked quietly.

"Sure. No, what am I saying? What'll happen to Claire? And why do you want to find Char? You guys don't seem to want the other person in the universe."

"Someone will get Claire home with her car. And as for Char and I, I'm not asking her to marry me, I'm just gonna look for her and make sure she's alright. So? Do you want my help?"

"Only on one condition."

"What is that?"

"You let me look for her with you."

"Amanda you look like you'd faint in a minute. I'm sure Char will not be too happy with me if she sees me carrying an unconscious Amanda."

"Okay let's negotiate. I get home and take a paracetamol, if I don't feel or look better I'll stay home but if I do, I go with you and that's if she's not home yet."

"Deal and Amanda, she'll be fine. They'll both be fine." I said and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

I went back in and asked one of the guys who knew Claire's house to take her back with her car.

Once that was settled I went back out and got Amanda in my car.

Not once did I even think that I should have used all this to get Claire hooked.

I guess I can be human after all.

Shocker.

"Eric?"

"Yeah?"

"Why don't you like Char?"

"I don't not like her. I'm about to search for her remember?"

"Okay. Oh and Eric?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks." and she leaned forward and gave me a peck on the cheek.

It was sweet - yes I know it wasn't on the lips and all but it was still sweet of her and it made me ponder on becoming a human. But let's not jump too fast. By tomorrow I'd have a change of heart.

We were quiet for a while when she called my name again, "Eric?"

"Amanda?" I replied feeling her pull at my heart strings.

I knew I wasn't falling for her or anything but she was so adorable.

"Do you really like Claire?"

I thought about my answer for a while and said, "I don't know sweetie. Why?"

"Cos... you met her crying and even if you never see her again I don't want her crying over you too anytime soon."

"Was she crying over a guy?"

She was hesitant to reply but she said, "no, family matters."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Eric?"

I grinned and replied, "Yeahhh?"

"Am I annoying you?"

"Not even if you try."

She giggled and said, "I've got to try my hardest some other time then."

I laughed out loud at this, "yeah, you would"

"You know, Char is nice. I don't understand how and why you guys don't get along. She's just like you - unpredictable."

I thought about it, "hmm... you may be right but I think it's something more than that. I think she saw right through me, like you did but she had a different way of reacting to me."

"So why do YOU not like her?"

"I don't know, maybe we need a little more time to know each other or maybe in our case the law of magnetism is true - opposites attract, and like, repel."

"You're smart."

"Hahaha!! You sound surprised."

"That wasn't my intention. What school? The three of us go to Seaview High."

I didn't want to answer her as I wanted to surprise everyone by showing up there tomorrow but I had to-

"That's my house." she cut into my thoughts.

YES! I'm saved!!

"Okay, so what now?" I asked

"I'll check if she's home first before getting my paracetamol. I'll only be a few minutes."

"Sure thing. Take your time."

She was about to walk away when she turned back and said, "wanna come in? My house of course. So you can do something about the coke stain?"

I thought about it and didn't see what there was to lose. "sure. Check Char's place first though."

"Okay." and she skipped off.

I can see why she's friends with Char. She is the subdued version. Before 5 minutes went by, she came out and I alighted. "so?"

I didn't need to wait for a reply, the tears in her eyes were self-explanatory.

I walked the distance separating us and hugged her while she let out her tears.

This was all my fault.

"Amanda, you sure you still wanna come with me?"

"YES!! Forget the paracetamol, let's go now!" and she walked to the car.

"WOAH!!! remember the deal? You have to, Amanda. Forget my shirt, go on, the paracetamol." I gently urged her and she pouted before stomping off.

Before another 5 minutes went by, just as Amanda was getting back into the car, we saw Char in front of her house. Amanda wasted no time in jumping out to hug her friend.

I just stood by my car.

*Char*

"CHARRRRRRR!!" she screamed my name.

I hadn't gone anywhere really. I power-walked to my house ranting to myself then i wandered the streets till I saw a park where I just sat down.

After a while I decided to come back home, it was already late and I knew my mom was gonna have a fit.

When I saw the silver Porsche in front of Amanda's house I knew i had seen it at Pizza Inn and I was scared that she had gotten herself injured, looking for me.

When she jumped out, I was relieved and prepared for her hug.

What I wasn't prepared for was Egotistical Eric standing there too.

After Amanda was satisfied with her inspection, she looked back and forth at Eric and I and said, "I'll wait in the car."

"So... hoping to hear I was dead?" I asked.

"Nope... surprisingly. We were about to come search for you."

"How did you know we lived here?" I asked suspiciously.

"I brought Amanda, she directed me."

"Mhmm... didn't think Claire was worth your car ride?"

"Actually, I'm sick of this shit!! Tomorrow - after school, you, me, and Amanda, pizza inn." and he walked off.

What a jerk.

If he thinks I'm gonna be there he had better rethink.

"Oh and Charlotte, nice to have you back. Forgive my sarcasm but do not excuse my attempt at being a sweet gentleman." he winked and walked away.

"ERIC?! Why do you call me Charlotte?" I tried asking.

"I'm sorry, all your questions will be answered tomorrow. Till then, stay Charlottey!"

There was my goodbye.

*Amanda*

I watched them through the window but couldn't hear a thing. All of a sudden, Eric was walking towards the car & when he got in, I asked him,

"So?"

"See you tomorrow after school at Pizza Inn."

"Whoa whoa whoa! I thought it was Claire?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"It still is."

"Oh really?? You're gonna act like that? Guess Char was right, you're just a pretty faced jerk." and I alighted.

I saw him smiling and he drove off without an apology or a wave.

How could someone be so HIM?!

"My mom is so gonna kill me." Char interrupted my thoughts.

"Same here. Oh well, I had a good life." I sighed

"And it means we don't get to go out with him."

"Yeah. Wait... WE?!"

"Humph. He didn't tell you, did he? Leaving his dirty work up to me."

"No he did but he didn't say it was all 3 of us! Is Claire coming?"

"No idea!! HOW IS CLAIRE?!"

Before I could reply, Char's mom shouted for her through the window.

"Uh-oh. Gotta go. Wish me luck and pray for me."

Just then my mom shouted for me too.

We gave each other a knowing look and went our separate ways.

*Claire*

I feel hungover.

If my life depended on recounting to someone my last 4 hours then I'm dying.

I remember a guy, I think Bryan, bringing me home from Pizza Inn cos Eric asked him to but I don't know why I couldn't come home myself.

Eric... gosh was he a smooth talker.

I was so close to falling for him but to be honest, I'm not exactly in the right state of mind to decide if I fell for him or not.

Why didn't he bring me home himself? What happened to Char and Amanda?

"CLAIRE MARTIN GET YOUR ASS HERE THIS MINUTE!!"

Oh no, mom!!

When I came in, she was on the phone but there's almost no way I'm escaping her now.

"Coming." and I went down.

"So? What's your stupid excuse this time? I beg you to try and make it not as stupid as you are!"

Mom wasn't always like this. She used to be so into work that she was laid-back about me but when Dad divorced her she became this monster.

It hurts when she talks like this.

"I'm sorry mom. I was with Amanda and Charlotte." I used Char's full name so as not to get in more trouble.

You must be wondering how a nickname can get one in trouble but with my mom, you never know.

"Mhmmm and why did that boy bring you back?"

I was stunned into silence.

I didn't know she had seen Bryan. "Amanda and Char decided to walk back home."

"How does that explain your not driving back?"

"I was tired." I hoped this would get her off my back.

"You little liar!! You're gonna grow up to be just like that blonde bimbo your Dad divorced me for!!" she yelled.

This enraged me, "I don't mind mom, so far as I don't turn out to be like you, shouting at my daughter and blaming her for things she has no control over. In fact it might be a good idea if I moved in with Dad and Cindy, that way I have an even better chance of growing up to be her!" and I stormed out.

For once, my mom didn't shout back or tell me to come back and I started feeling better till I remembered a story about this kind of situation and the mother dying after a little while with the daughter regretting it.

My mom had said a lot of mean things to me and even if it hurt I couldn't imagine the hurt she felt, losing a husband of over 16 years and especially now when they have a new baby girl.

The divorce has been 2 or 3 years now and it's expected that she's still hurting.

I immediately walked back to the kitchen to see my mom sitting on the floor with her eyes closed.

My first thought was that she was dead even though there wasn't anything showing how she would have died.

A few minutes later, her eyes fluttered open and I could see tears in them.

She patted the ground indicating that I should sit with her.

"I am not going to start off by saying I'm sorry but by saying the most important thing that I realised I haven't told you in a long time - CLAIRE ELLEN MARTIN I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW..."

*Eric*

I couldn't get the words pretty faced jerk out of my mind.

It was funny actually.

I didn't plan on answering Amanda like that but I knew myself. I'm Eric, there's no way I'm gonna stop doing all I do.

Tomorrow I plan on showing that little bitch her seat. I'm still trying to think of what happened to me to make me even offer to search for her.

And Amanda... I don't plan on ever having a girlfriend. They are all just charity cases.

I wished for a moment there that we could some way somehow be friends but that's impossible.

I'm a pretty faced jerk.

Claire... I need to make my move now and stop being a weak human.

I was hoping for a challenge in her but she's turning to an emotional wreck and I most definitely don't need anything to do with that but something still wants me to stay.

I checked my phone to see if there was anybody I could hang out with.

My dad was on another business trip, shooting a movie somewhere in the world. He believes once he's provided money for me, he's provided me with happiness.

While going through my contact list, I saw "Amanda Moores".

I can't remember ever dating any Amanda Moores and I don't think it's Amanda but I did leave my phone in the car for my confrontation with Char.

Any notes? Yep:

If you ever need to talk to a friend.

I was overwhelmed by her action. I decided to give her number a try.

*Amanda*

Mom was actually laid-back about it but told me that my phone would be seized if it ever repeated itself because phones were for calling and passing across information.

Talking about phones reminded me to call Claire to find out how she was.

The goal of the outing had not achieved and it was disappointing. As I was about to dial her number I received a call from an unfamiliar number and picked.

"Hello." I said cautiously.

"Hey there friend."

"Oh now you want to talk to me?"

"Don't be like that baby. I was pissed off."

"Baby? Really Eric? You drunk?"

"Anyways you have Claire's number?"

"Oh." I said as it dawned on me

"Sorry?"

"That's why you called."

*Eric*

I could hear the hurt in her voice and I hit myself for being insensitive.

I hadn't also meant to call her baby but it was a habit. I did that a lot when I was trying to coax a girl.

The conversation went on;

"I didn't mean it like that sweetie." I tried to convince her.

"Oh yeah? You meant it like how?"

*silence*

"I thought so too. I'll text it to you. Have a nice day Eric."

I had hurt her and I hated myself for it.

My phone made a beeping noise indicating a new text.

That's Claire's number. Oh well... I've messed up with Amanda I might as well give Claire a try.

She picked on the third ring;

"Hello? Who's this?"

"Hey babe, it's Eric."

"No way! Thanks for everything Eric. So what can I do for you?"

"Errrrr... just wanted to be sure you were safe and sound."

"Thanks for the concern. See you around."

And that was that.

I didn't understand what was going on.

Why was she so cold?

She was supposed to be gushing and thankful.

Amanda couldn't have told on me that fast and even if she did, Claire was supposed to feel honoured.

What the hell's wrong with these girls?!

*Claire*

I had a long heart-to-heart talk with mom and I feel refreshed.

We are starting all over again and she's apologised so many times it's hard to not forgive her.

My phone just rang and it was Eric.

My memory came back to me once he said his name and boy oh boy he's a player.

That's the challenge I was looking for, too bad he's not going to Seaview High too.

It was obvious that my attitude had stunned him.

I'm slacking in the game already.

He has seen me cry and I'm a girl. That's an advantage to him and the opposite to me but with my attitude just now we are almost on the same footing.

*Char*

So apparently mom was calling me cos it was my turn to make dinner.

When I asked her if she was mad at me she said no, that she knew I was out with Amanda but if I was going to be late ever again I should be sure to find a way to inform her and I readily assured her of that.

I felt kinda mean being rude to Eric when he tried to look for me so I called Amanda and she sounded down.

I asked her what was up but she wasn't ready to talk so I asked her for his number and she gave me.

Here goes nothing;

"Hello there." I said cheerily.

"Hi. Sorry who's this?"

"Why, you don't remember my voice?"

"Ummm sorry no."

"Oh that's sad, I thought we were best friends" I replied with a grin.

"Amanda? This isn't your number."

"HAHAHA! Nah it's Char and why Amanda?"

"Oh, well I don't know. Hi Charlotte."

"Spare me."

"So? Are you gonna tell me why you called?"

"Thanks." I muttered

"For?"

"Searching for me and taking care of Amanda."

"Mhm... I didn't do it for you." he said cheekily.

"I know but thanks. Bye now. And to make things clear, we still aren't friends."

"Well isn't that sad? Anytime Charlotte. See ya."

BACK TO REALITY

Amanda: You really felt sorry then, didn't you Eric?

Eric: Yeah.

Claire: I am offended at your calling me an emotional wreck.

Char: And not to talk of calling girlfriends charity cases.

Nicole: Mhmm.

All the girls are slowly advancing towards Eric.

Eric: Uh-oh. Sorry?

Chris: Err Eric? Char is with a knife.

Author: Girls, girls, calm down. I need him to be alive.

Eric: Exactly! She needs her most interesting and important narrator alive.

Author: No response regarding you being my my most interesting and important narrator but I need you alive just for a little while Eric so don't count on me bailing you out next time.

Char: Ha! Be sure to inform me of when I can deal with him.

*******************************************************************************************************

Author's note: so? Anybody liked it as much as I did? And I tried to make it very long.

Eric's confusing right? I know.

And Claire? It was kind of touching. Oh and she isn't a player cos of her mom. That'll come later.

Like it? Then please vote, comment, keep reading and becoming fans. It'll mean so so much to me *crossed fingers*

Oh and I personally enjoyed being in this chappie even though it was only for a few seconds and at the end. Did you? :)...x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 85 19
"Well then. That's the first time a girl has ever rejected my close proximity," he said, eyes ablaze with a playful fire. "You better get used to it...
101 2 20
*Insert dramatic music* Two best friends, normal right? Well not in this case. Love, wasn't a thing in neither of their lives. But when each...
307K 8.5K 50
"That was weird, but I can't stop my heart beating ten times faster than it should be. Laying down on the bed I face away from the bathroom door not...
4.5K 90 30
I am a girl of many issues, issues referring to I'm 14 and have no friends, no boyfriend, and most of all no family. I was adopted when I was five...